Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight (26570 Views)

Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kalu Now Tortured By Dss @live Broadcast / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon / Jonathan To Fashola: “Let’s Work Together” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by chikis(m): 12:42am On Jan 16, 2012
@poster, abeg make any person no come lie here or make any baseless agurment here. Na tommorow we go no the truth. Make everybody go sleep abeg.
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by toluxa1(m): 12:43am On Jan 16, 2012
aguiyi:

why would this be called his last speech,I HOPE NOBODY IS PLANING TO TAKE HIS LIFE

Lol, take his life? Dem no fit
1 Cor. 16:22 - Touch not mine anointed. . .
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by chikis(m): 12:46am On Jan 16, 2012
@poster, abeg make any person no come lie here or make any baseless agurment here. Na tommorow we go no the truth. Make everybody go sleep abeg.
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by silibaba: 12:49am On Jan 16, 2012
am only waiting to hear Jonathan in his speech to DECLEAR THE REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA. grin grin

honestly, am tired of Nigeria sad sad no respect from other countries. embarassed embarassed embarassed

BIAFRA IS ALL I NEED NOW cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss.

JONATHAN DECLEAR IT so that this ofenmanus and abokis will remove their mind from our oil. angry angry angry

am still waiting for the broadcast lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by dckng16(m): 12:53am On Jan 16, 2012
This is a pure fallacy full of blatant unpardonable lies, Aluta continua, Make una go sleep.
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by tpia5: 12:56am On Jan 16, 2012
So, there was no broadcast?

Was any broadcast ever intended at all?

False info?
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Asabaman(m): 12:56am On Jan 16, 2012
even atlanta 96 no keep person in suspense reach like this nah. which kind person be this sef. angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by chelseabmw(m): 12:57am On Jan 16, 2012
am waiting lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by kamuzu(m): 12:59am On Jan 16, 2012
This is an embarrassment!
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by chuks1000: 1:00am On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by nairaman66(m): 1:02am On Jan 16, 2012
On behalf of the nation, I wish to extend my sincere condolences to the families of those who lost their lives in the demonstrations. Their deaths will not be in vain. In the future, I hope we can find a way to do the right thing without losing the precious life of a single Nigerian.

If I read your message right, my government has not earned your trust. And without trust, we have no moral authority to demand sacrifices from you. More so when we, the government, have not made sacrifices ourselves. I have come to realize that more than everything else, the Nigerian people want accountability from their leaders. It is through the door of accountability that you will open for us the room where your trust resides. You all have taught me that only a foolish man will put his tomorrow in the hands of a man who cannot account for his yesterday.

The law demands that I declare my assets at the beginning of each term. I have not done so before now out of fear that Nigerians may not understand. But the Nigerians I saw in the last one week are people who want the truth more than they expect what is right. I want Nigerians to know that I am worth 50 billion Naira(?). since when Undecided My salary and allowances each year is about N320 million naira. That, my fellow Nigerians, is outrageous in a country where hundreds of millions of my fellow citizens live on less than N320 a day.

Nice speech, but actions speaks louder.

GEJ's Speech is becoming a National Anthem. What is he thinking? That people who lost their lives are fowls? make I catch am first
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by ideylaff: 1:04am On Jan 16, 2012
President, Goodluck will soon be on air, pls stay tuned. He is looking for his shoes, once he finds them, he will come on air. Thank You
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Obaino34(m): 1:05am On Jan 16, 2012
How i wish its a dream come 2ru, Dat means GEJ is rite back in his senses! Oh borbor Jona to Gud oh oh Jona to Wise oh!
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Niiade(m): 1:07am On Jan 16, 2012
I don't believe a word until GEJ says it on national TV and secondly seems na Obama send am this speech jare, he too dey oyinbonize
This is all they do mobile.saharareporters.com/article/exposed-oil-minister-allison-madueke-buys-20-million-euro-mansion-vienna-austria-efcc-take-n
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by ideylaff: 1:09am On Jan 16, 2012
Enjoy these subsidy puff puff 4 now, NLC,  NOI, make GOd deal with all of una, you guys chop doughnuts and offer us puff puff

Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by twentycent(m): 1:09am On Jan 16, 2012
Fingers crossed as the show begins, where is my popcorn&soda?
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by toluleke(m): 1:12am On Jan 16, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Season 2, live at OJOTA, no gate fee,no checkin, evry1 na VIP, Starring, dnt no abeg, 4ticket reserv, contact d nearest police station,boko haram head office or call d number on ur screen, luk am wel u wod c it.lol, na wa .JOna talk am, wetin im dey tink b4, GOD SAVE AM
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Detongue: 1:20am On Jan 16, 2012
Una wen wan go ojota, i sorry 4 una. Leaders of occupy nig., de get free fuel, bank managers dey come give dem money house. Una wan trek go ojota, mumu
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Horus(m): 1:28am On Jan 16, 2012
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by scopusng(m): 1:33am On Jan 16, 2012
Labour says strike continues but no more street protest.
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by chuks1000: 1:34am On Jan 16, 2012
speech is tomorrow morning - 7am
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by joelala(m): 1:34am On Jan 16, 2012
just heard it now on channels TV, NLC cancels street protest, but says STRIKE continues till next week when another meeting will be held by NLC and FGN to arrive at price, aluta continua.
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Niiade(m): 1:37am On Jan 16, 2012
FG announces pump price of 97 naira, NLC rejects strike continue, I talk say GEJ liver no carry the letter
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Obaino34(m): 1:38am On Jan 16, 2012
Abeg oh make we gv dis guy D Last chance, after 2 9t's speech i blv Nigeria wil change 4 D beta! Up GEJ 4 life.
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by chuks1000: 1:39am On Jan 16, 2012
7am today i mean
- from channels
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by chelseabmw(m): 1:46am On Jan 16, 2012
7am is the live broadcast so u guys should stay tuned. . .follow the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846907.0.html#msg9973531
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On Jan 16, 2012
Nigerians are really tough o! And I see why the Government would not even think to bat one eye when thinking to raise the price of fuel by almost 200% overnight. I mean imagine purchasing bread one day for N50, and the next morning, you go to get your morning staple, only to find out the price don hit N150, literally overnight.
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by lastpage: 1:55am On Jan 16, 2012
NLC/TUC: President, the people are eagerly awaiting your speech now?

JONATHAN: Tell them to keep waiting until NEPA brings light, can you see that my Generator is empty of fuel?
 ,    ,   ,   ,   , That is what you get when you remove subsidy!

NLC/TUC: Bur Sir, we hope you will still credit our Bank Account as agreed? Agreement is Agreement Ooo!

JONATHAN: That too can wait as we cant do online/Cashless Banking as long as NEPA is not available! wink wink

NLC/TUC:  But Sir, we did not cause all this NEPA problem, why must we suffer for it?

JONATHAN: Dont blame me as well, BLAME IT ON THE CABAL?

NLC/TUC: But Sir, who or what is this CABAL you keep alluding to?

JONATHAN: Its an Evil, invisible Spirit that gives with the right hand and takes back, five times with the left!

NLC/TUC: Sir, can we have some names so that we can at least expose them to Nigerians?

JONATHAN: Have you forgotten you people called me Retardeen and Jona-dull? And you want names from me? Abeg o, l know-know BOOK! grin grin
(Saunters back inside to the warm and fat embrace of his DAME! grin )

DAME: Thank God my fellow Widows is back inside! shocked

Lastpage!

BTW: @Sillibaba
JONATHAN DECLEAR IT (BIAFRA) so that this ofenmanus and abokis will remove their mind from our oil.

South-South, Bayelsa, Ijaw, Itshekiri e.t.c was never a part of Biafra nor IGBO KINGDOM nor any Jew lineage!
Okay, we have Crude Oil and we are suddenly now YOUR RELATIVES?  Hmmmm ,   , Another "internal colonization"? lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Niiade(m): 2:02am On Jan 16, 2012
Dear Compatriots,
1.    This is the second time in two weeks I will address you on the deregulation of the downstream petroleum sector. In the last seven days, the nation has witnessed a disruption of economic activities.  Although, the economic imperatives for the policy have been well articulated by government, the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) went ahead to declare a nationwide strike.

2.    There was also near-breakdown of law and order in certain parts of the country as a result of the activities of some persons or groups of persons who took advantage of the situation to further their narrow interests by engaging in acts of intimidation, harassment and outright subversion of the Nigerian state. I express my sympathy to those who were adversely affected by the protests.
3.    At the inception of the deregulation policy, Government had set up the Justice Alfa Belgore Committee to liaise with Labour and other stakeholders to address likely grey areas in the policy, but despite all our efforts, Labour refused the option of dialogue and also disobeyed a restraining order of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria.

4.    However, following the intervention of the Leadership of the National Assembly, and other well-meaning Nigerians, Labour accepted to meet with government, but this yielded no tangible result.

5.    It has become clear to government and all well-meaning Nigerians that other interests beyond the implementation of the deregulation policy have hijacked the protest. This has prevented an objective assessment and consideration of all the contending issues for which dialogue was initiated by government. These same interests seek to promote discord, anarchy, and insecurity to the detriment of public peace.

6.    Government appreciates that the implementation of the deregulation policy would cause initial hardships and commends Nigerians who have put forth suggestions and credible alternatives in this regard. Government also salutes Nigerians who by and large, conducted themselves peacefully while expressing their grievances. Let me assure you that government will continue to respect the people's right to express themselves within the confines of the law and in accordance with the dictates of our democratic space.

7.    Government will continue to pursue full deregulation of the downstream petroleum sector. However, given the hardships being suffered by Nigerians, and after due consideration and consultations with state governors and the leadership of the National Assembly, government has approved the reduction of the pump price of petrol to N97 per litre. The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) has been directed to ensure compliance with this new pump price.

8.    Government is working hard to reduce recurrent expenditure in line with current realities and to cut down on the cost of governance. In the meantime, government has commenced the implementation of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment projects: including the Federal Government- assisted mass transit programme which is already in place, and job creation for the youth. 

9.     Furthermore, the legal and regulatory regime for the petroleum industry will be reviewed to address accountability issues and current lapses in the Industry. In this regard, the Petroleum Industry Bill will be given accelerated attention. The report of the forensic audit carried out on the NNPC is being studied with a view to implementing the recommendations and sanctioning proven acts of corruption in the industry.

10.                       Let me assure Nigerians that this administration is irrevocably committed to tackling corruption in the petroleum industry as well as other sectors of the economy. Consequently, all those found to have contributed one way or the other to the economic adversity of the country will be dealt with in accordance with the law.

11.                       My dear compatriots, I urge you to show understanding for the imperatives of the adjustment in the pump price of petrol and give government your full support to ensure its successful implementation. I further appeal to Nigerians to go back to work and go about their normal duties as government has made adequate arrangements for the protection of life and property throughout the federation.

12.                       Government will not condone brazen acts of criminality and subversion. As President, I have sworn to uphold the unity, peace and order of the Nigerian State and by the grace of God, I intend to fully and effectively discharge that responsibility.  Let me add that we are desirous of further engagements with Labour. I urge our Labour leaders to call off their strike, and go back to work.

13.                       Nigeria belongs to all of us and we must collectively safeguard its unity.

14.                       Thank you. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, GCFR
President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Niiade(m): 2:03am On Jan 16, 2012
Source Sahara
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Plange: 2:10am On Jan 16, 2012
THIS IS THE REAL SPEECH BELOW

[b]

Dear Compatriots,
1.    This is the second time in two weeks I will address you on the deregulation of the downstream petroleum sector. In the last seven days, the nation has witnessed a disruption of economic activities.  Although, the economic imperatives for the policy have been well articulated by government, the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) went ahead to declare a nationwide strike.

2.    There was also near-breakdown of law and order in certain parts of the country as a result of the activities of some persons or groups of persons who took advantage of the situation to further their narrow interests by engaging in acts of intimidation, harassment and outright subversion of the Nigerian state. I express my sympathy to those who were adversely affected by the protests.
3.    At the inception of the deregulation policy, Government had set up the Justice Alfa Belgore Committee to liaise with Labour and other stakeholders to address likely grey areas in the policy, but despite all our efforts, Labour refused the option of dialogue and also disobeyed a restraining order of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria.

4.    However, following the intervention of the Leadership of the National Assembly, and other well-meaning Nigerians, Labour accepted to meet with government, but this yielded no tangible result.

5.    It has become clear to government and all well-meaning Nigerians that other interests beyond the implementation of the deregulation policy have hijacked the protest. This has prevented an objective assessment and consideration of all the contending issues for which dialogue was initiated by government. These same interests seek to promote discord, anarchy, and insecurity to the detriment of public peace.

6.    Government appreciates that the implementation of the deregulation policy would cause initial hardships and commends Nigerians who have put forth suggestions and credible alternatives in this regard. Government also salutes Nigerians who by and large, conducted themselves peacefully while expressing their grievances. Let me assure you that government will continue to respect the people's right to express themselves within the confines of the law and in accordance with the dictates of our democratic space.

7.    Government will continue to pursue full deregulation of the downstream petroleum sector. However, given the hardships being suffered by Nigerians, and after due consideration and consultations with state governors and the leadership of the National Assembly, government has approved the reduction of the pump price of petrol to N97 per litre. The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) has been directed to ensure compliance with this new pump price.

8.    Government is working hard to reduce recurrent expenditure in line with current realities and to cut down on the cost of governance. In the meantime, government has commenced the implementation of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment projects: including the Federal Government- assisted mass transit programme which is already in place, and job creation for the youth.

9.     Furthermore, the legal and regulatory regime for the petroleum industry will be reviewed to address accountability issues and current lapses in the Industry. In this regard, the Petroleum Industry Bill will be given accelerated attention. The report of the forensic audit carried out on the NNPC is being studied with a view to implementing the recommendations and sanctioning proven acts of corruption in the industry.

10.                       Let me assure Nigerians that this administration is irrevocably committed to tackling corruption in the petroleum industry as well as other sectors of the economy. Consequently, all those found to have contributed one way or the other to the economic adversity of the country will be dealt with in accordance with the law.

11.                       My dear compatriots, I urge you to show understanding for the imperatives of the adjustment in the pump price of petrol and give government your full support to ensure its successful implementation. I further appeal to Nigerians to go back to work and go about their normal duties as government has made adequate arrangements for the protection of life and property throughout the federation.

12.                       Government will not condone brazen acts of criminality and subversion. As President, I have sworn to uphold the unity, peace and order of the Nigerian State and by the grace of God, I intend to fully and effectively discharge that responsibility.  Let me add that we are desirous of further engagements with Labour. I urge our Labour leaders to call off their strike, and go back to work.

13.                       Nigeria belongs to all of us and we must collectively safeguard its unity.

14.                       Thank you. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, GCFR
President,[/b]
Re: Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight by Kobojunkie: 2:13am On Jan 16, 2012
[size=13pt]Those of you busy spreading false news should know that you aid in ruining the chance this country has for real change. Instead of constantly creating threads with conflicting reports. . . .most of them UNSUBSTANTIATED rumours. Rather than allow yourselves used to derail the efforts of the people, why not stay your hands until we get real reports on changes occurring, or not occurring.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gwoza Operation Unsuccessful, But Shekau Sighted / Saraki Leads Senators To Visit The Awolowos (Photos) / Crisis In Police Service Commission Over Magu's Promotion To AIG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.