Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers (44173 Views)

Brain Teasers Can You Slove These? / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
freecocoa:

Okay,didn't think of finding them like that,I derived mine from complete words.
lolz yea, quite tricky. Especially titus and esther.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2012
@Jamace where did you find Tobias and Mormons?

@Flash well done sha grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2012
A confused guy does not know how to unscramble the word 'fideiyiltn'. What are the chances he'll use the letter 'i' to start his word in his attempt to find a solution?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
3/10 simple probability
emöfine:

@Jamace where did you find Tobias and Mormons?

@Flash well done sha grin

sha?? undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 21, 2012
Flashaldrin:

3/10 simple probability
u try! angry

A confused guy needs to plug a red, yellow and white cable into a socket that can only accommodate two at a time in a definite order. In how many ways can he try his luck!?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
the perimeter of a circle inscribed in a unit square? undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2012
Given a bowl of water and a golden crown, how do you establish if the golden crown has not been mixed with bronze?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
emöfine:

cool wink

emöfine:

defiant student
xoxo. . . not bad

emöfine:

lol how did I miss this tongue
you had your eyes straight ahead cheesy
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
Natasha,,:

this is your first test and you have failed I have to demote you grin
how can the demotee demote the demoter!? undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 21, 2012
From earlier:

Maggie Mathematical has five sons. One is called Alpha, another is called Beta, the third is called Gamma and the fourth is called Fred. What is the fifth son's name?

Thanks all! cheesy

[size=5pt]correct answer to this question gets "something nice!"[/size]
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 9:02am On Jan 22, 2012
sauer:

Given a bowl of water and a golden crown, how do you establish if the golden crown has not been mixed with bronze?
lol, using archimedes principle of displacement, which states that 'any floating object displaces its own weight of fluid' you calculate the weight of real gold of the same volume with the crown, then immerse the crown in the bowl, it should be able to displace the same volume of water calculated. If less then sauer should be searched thoroughly cheesy
sauer:

the perimeter of a circle inscribed in a unit square? undecided
inscribed in a unit square means the diameter of the circle is 1, and radius 1/2.
Perimeter of the circle = 2 *22/7*1/2 = 22/7.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 9:09am On Jan 22, 2012
Flashaldrin:
sha?? undecided

sha u wan mek I begin serenade you? I no know how to sing o but I for try

alright alright, I'll make that 3 cheers and a high 5.

sauer:

From earlier:

Maggie Mathematical has five sons. One is called Alpha, another is called Beta, the third is called Gamma and the fourth is called Fred. What is the fifth son's name?

Thanks all! cheesy

Iso tongue

er . . .Delta?. . .Omega? undecided . . .Bob? grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 9:31am On Jan 22, 2012
sauer:

u try! angry

A confused guy needs to plug a red, yellow and white cable into a socket that can only accommodate two at a time in a definite order. In how many ways can he try his luck!?
complex probability, it needs solving on paper, i'm in church now, will reply you when i get home
emöfine:

sha u wan mek I begin serenade you? I no know how to sing o but I for try

alright alright, I'll make that 3 cheers and a high 5.

thats more like it smiley
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 10:00am On Jan 22, 2012
sauer:

From earlier:

Thanks all! cheesy

lol, nice one, really got me thinking!
Well, dont you think the last sentence should be a statment not a question, cos if thats it, then the answer is 'WHAT' which is the name of the fifth child, or rather no answer at all cos no question is asked! Lol

oya where is my nice something?? angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 22, 2012
@emo. Hi emo. Been a while. Missed you.

@Torchflasher. Nah! It's a question all right. And you wrong. ;p
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
grin grin grin hehehe
kk, cant wait for the answer cheesy
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2012
@flashaldrin, in my question you need to approximate your value even if it's in decimal, to get the total number of tiles needed thats Area of the room divided by area of one tile, <area=lenght *breadth>, then we will multiply the answer we get by 950,that will give us the total cost + workmanship, then subtract from the money in your account<50,000naira>, the answer is what you have left in the bank, I know you know it but the question is misunderstood, poor lad,read the question over again,
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2012
@all, How many matches will be played in a season provided there are 20 teams and there will be home and away, show how you got your answer.<hint:e.g English premiership>, {i want to know who understand maths here now} tongue cool
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2012
2*(20C2)

Emo, u equally wrong on ur answer to Maggie Mathem. . . .
Still waiting for the right answer!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
Yap @saver,2*(20C2) Which is also equals to 20P2 and d ans is 380 matches, cool
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
Flashaldrin:
thats more like it smiley

sauer:

@emo. Hi emo. Been a while. Missed you.
kiss

sauer:

Maggi cube? undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
kariolality:
@saver

Ha . . saver - love it grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 5:14pm On Jan 22, 2012
sauer:

u try!  angry

3p2 = 6
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2012
kariolality:

@all, How many matches will be played in a season provided there are 20 teams and there will be home and away, show how you got your answer.<hint:e.g English premiership>, {i want to know who understand maths here now} tongue cool
20P2 = 380
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
kariolality:

@flashaldrin, in my question you need to approximate your value even if it's in decimal, to get the total number of tiles needed thats Area of the room divided by area of one tile, <area=lenght *breadth>, then we will multiply the answer we get by 950,that will give us the total cost + workmanship, then subtract from the money in your account<50,000naira>, the answer is what you have left in the bank, I know you know it but the question is misunderstood, poor lad,read the question over again,
hmm dont really get you, by what you are saying
6.5*8/0.15*0.12 gives you the approximate number of tiles needed = 2889. Multiplying by 950 is 2,744,550.
Where you wan get that kind money from
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2012
sauer:

2*(20C2)

still eargerly awaiting the answer o!!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2012
emöfine:

Maggi cube? undecided
no be only maggi cube, na cooking pot!  cheesy WRONG! next!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2012
emöfine:

Ha . . saver - love it grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
Flashaldrin:

3p2 = 6
u try, small. . . .
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2012
Flashaldrin:

still eargerly awaiting the answer o!!
as i said earlier, person wey get d answer go get something nice. Hopefully, it'll be a girl who gets it right, so a kiss will be in order! wink
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by gendebs(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
sauer:

A confused guy does not know how to unscramble the word 'fideiyiltn'. What are the chances he'll use the letter 'i' to start his word in his attempt to find a solution?

6 times
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^chances, not times!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Tsakuwa Primary School In Taraba In Bad Condition (Photos) / Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched / Graduate Runs To Her Father's Mechanic Shop, Dresses Him in Her Graduation Gown