Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers (44172 Views)

Brain Teasers Can You Slove These? / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by LaParisienne(f): 9:57am On Jan 26, 2012
sauer:

Herr Einstein, ms Sarkozy? get rocket science when I receive an invite tongue

Erm Monsieur, it's the other way round. You get an invite when I see rocket science cool
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Saver,you got my question right. wink
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2012
The minute hand of a circular clock is on '1' and another hand is on '5' , Find the angle between the two hands,
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 7:13pm On Jan 26, 2012
kariolality:

The minute hand of a circular clock is on '1' and another hand is on '5' , Find the angle between the two hands,

120° angle.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
kariolality:

emöfine:

120° angle.

or 240° undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 26, 2012
La Parisienne:

Erm Monsieur, it's the other way round. You get an invite when I see rocket science cool
mademoiselle, what have you got to deserve rocket science!? 
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2012
emöfine:

tongue embarassed
Ndo! Pele! Sorry! schade! désolé!

emöfine:

Lol.
culprit! grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 26, 2012
From earlier:

You attended a chess tournament and saw varying chess boards between every two incredibly attentive players. So, you were thinking. . . hmmm, if i had a 7 × 7 checkered square board (i.e., a 7 × 7 chess board), how many rectangles would there be in total? Note: a square is also a special type of rectangle, so you want to count the square too!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2012
sauer:

From earlier:

You attended a chess tournament and saw varying chess boards between every two incredibly attentive players. So, you were thinking. . . hmmm, if i had a 7 × 7 checkered square board (i.e., a 7 × 7 chess board), how many rectangles would there be in total? Note: a square is also a special type of rectangle, so you want to count the square too!

Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 27, 2012
emöfine:

wrong!!!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 5:07am On Jan 27, 2012
sauer:

wrong!!!
Oh, right embarassed

sauer:
culprit!  grin
shocked O, ye of little faith.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2012
^^try harder next time, girl!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 8:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
@emofine and saver, yeah its 120degree<smallest angle> or 240degree if we were to take it the other way round, cool
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 8:01am On Jan 29, 2012
You have got to fill a cylindrical drum with a bucket(frustrum of a cone) by fetching water from the tap with the bucket and pouring it into the drum(cylinder), The bucket is 20cm deep,with the top and buttom radius of 21cm and 7cm, approximate the number of time you will fetch from the tap to fill the cylindrical drum if the height of the drum 120cm and its radius is 42cm , if u get the answer,i got a small gift for you, cool sad
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 9:40am On Jan 29, 2012
Mtcheeeew, sauer, i tire for you joor. You just dey undermine my answers, i don tire.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 9:50am On Jan 29, 2012
sauer:

^^try harder next time, girl!

When the answer hits me and the spirit moves me, boy!

Flashaldrin:

Mtcheeeew, sauer, i tire for you joor. You just dey undermine my answers, i don tire.

Answers wey u run come fetch from internet abi? confess grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 10:18am On Jan 29, 2012
Ok take this for an example
sauer:

From earlier:

for the number of rectangles,
in 7*7 chess board there are 8 vertical lines and 8 horizontal lines. To form a rectangle you must choose 2 of the 8 vertical lines, and 2 of the 8 horizontal lines. Each of these can be done in 8C2 ways = 28 ways. So the number of rectangles is given by 28^2 = 784.

Oya watch him undermine this angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2012
emöfine:

Answers wey u run come fetch from internet abi? confess grin
lol, spare me joor, most of those questions are elementary math duhh, and most of his questions are customized. I'm flattered if you consider my answers good enough to be culled from the internet. cool
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 10:39am On Jan 29, 2012
Flashaldrin:
I'm flattered if you consider my answers good enough to be culled from the internet. cool

Haba. Guy na joke o. . . kai! see how you come display CV for me.
But yes you should be flattered I saw fit to tease you tongue
Which state were you representing by the way?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 11:31am On Jan 29, 2012
kariolality:

You have got to fill a cylindrical drum with a bucket(frustrum of a cone) by fetching water from the tap with the bucket and pouring it into the drum(cylinder), The bucket is 20cm deep,with the top and buttom radius of 21cm and 7cm, approximate the number of time you will fetch from the tap to fill the cylindrical drum if the height of the drum 120cm and its radius is 42cm , if u get the answer,i got a small gift for you, cool sad
well, quite easy. But i go sure full workings before emocrazy go say i copy am angry
All you've got to do is divide the volume of the drum (cylinder) from that of the bucket, truncated cone).
Vol of cylinder = #r^2h = 22/7 *42*42*120 = 665280
vol of truncated cone (difference of 2 cones) = #h/3(R^2+r^2+Rr)
R = radius of base = 21
r = radius of top = 7
= 22/7*20/3(21^2+7^2+21*7) = 13346.7
therefore 665280/13346.7 = 49.8.
Therefore the number of times is approx 50 times.
Oya the gift!!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 11:47am On Jan 29, 2012
emöfine:

Haba. Guy na joke o. . . kai! see how you come display CV for me.
But yes you should be flattered I saw fit to tease you tongue
Which state were you representing by the way?
lol, ok naa lipsrsealed
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 3:11pm On Jan 29, 2012
@flashaldrin,what's d meaning of 'emocrazy'
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 3:45pm On Jan 29, 2012
Flashaldrin:

well, quite easy. But i go sure full workings before emocrazy go say i copy am angry
All you've got to do is divide the volume of the drum (cylinder) from that of the bucket, truncated cone).
Vol of cylinder = #r^2h = 22/7 *42*42*120 = 665280
vol of truncated cone (difference of 2 cones) = #h/3(R^2+r^2+Rr)
R = radius of base = 21
r = radius of top = 7
= 22/7*20/3(21^2+7^2+21*7) = 13346.7
therefore 665280/13346.7 = 49.8.
Therefore the number of times is approx 50 times.
Oya the gift!!
  WELDONE flashaldrin you got the answer right, although i  just  form the question off-hand and when i worked it out now i saw that you got  it right<BRILLIANT you>, I'm given you the gift b4 8pm tomorrow , post ur MTN number and i'll write it and i'll tell u have written it for privacy and security purpose and u will remove it when i get the gift then i'll send it to you via your number tomorrow, Post it as soon as u see dis post i'm online waiting,  kiss
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by mcnepow(m): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2012
¤¤Subscribing¤¤
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 3:55pm On Jan 29, 2012
Flashaldrin:

Flash no vex abeg, you don't have to prove anything. I know you're smart wink

kariolality:

@flashaldrin,what's d meaning of 'emocrazy'

my other half tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^^ alright! grin grin grin
kariolality:

WELDONE flashaldrin you got the answer right, although i just form the question off-hand and when i worked it out now i saw that you got it right<BRILLIANT you>, I'm given you the gift b4 8pm tomorrow , post ur MTN number and i'll write it and i'll tell u have written it for privacy and security purpose and u will remove it when i get the gift then i'll send it to you via your number tomorrow, Post it as soon as u see dis post i'm online waiting, kiss
yeeeeee, finally! Someone that appreciates answers.
Kudos to you too for composing the question off hand, it looked standard.
Oya make i go buy new mtn sim lipsrsealed
thanks man. Brb!
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 5:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
mcnepow:

¤¤Subscribing¤¤
you don hear money your eye don dey shine cheesy cheesy

@kariolality, are you online now?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 6:27pm On Jan 29, 2012
kiss
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2012
@ flashaldrin  POST THE NUMBER NOW, ]/ I used to form any mathematical question off-hand and sometimes with digit manipulations<u understand> . cool.,, hmmm, but it's a small gift ok what line are u using , POST now nd remove it by 8:30 today,
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2012
;d ;d
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2012
Next mental arithmetic:

Flashaldrin + kariolality - Freecocoa = ?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2012
Ok u may remove it, expect it b4 8pm tomorrow, cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Tsakuwa Primary School In Taraba In Bad Condition (Photos) / Futminna: Two Students In Hijab Nearly Lynched / Graduate Runs To Her Father's Mechanic Shop, Dresses Him in Her Graduation Gown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.