Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers (44102 Views)

Brain Teasers Can You Slove These? / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2012
Alrighty, thanks.
emöfine:

Next mental arithmetic:

Flashaldrin + kariolality - Freecocoa = ?
shocked shocked angry angry
= enogoworkforbadbelle
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2012
kariolality:

@ flashaldrin  POST THE NUMBER NOW, ]/ I used to form any mathematical question off-hand and sometimes with digit manipulations<u understand> . cool.,, hmmm, but it's a small gift ok what line are u using , POST now nd remove it by 8:30 today,
hello kariolalitical karol. Thanks for making the thread quite interesting! grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 29, 2012
Flashaldrin:

Ok take this for an examplefor the number of rectangles,
in 7*7 chess board there are 8 vertical lines and 8 horizontal lines. To form a rectangle you must choose 2 of the 8 vertical lines, and 2 of the 8 horizontal lines. Each of these can be done in 8C2 ways = 28 ways. So the number of rectangles is given by 28^2 = 784.

Oya watch him undermine this angry

angry angry angry angry

well, you try sha! Answer's correct! thanks to the internet. . . . tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2012
But you have failed to give a satisfactory answer to my archimedes question! angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2012
From earlier:

A large water tank has two inlet pipes (a large one and a small one) and one outlet pipe. It takes 2 hours to fill the tank with the large inlet pipe. On the other hand, it takes 6 hours to fill the tank with the small inlet pipe. The outlet pipe allows the full tank to be emptied in 8 hours.
What fraction of the tank (initially half-full) will be filled in 0.46 hours if all three pipes are in operation?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 29, 2012
A young, inquisitive girl named emofine is drinking from a bottle of fanta with a straw. After drawing on the liquid, she observes that when she firmly closes the outlet of the straw with her tongue and removes the straw completely from the bottle, the liquid defies the law of gravity and stays in the straw! shocked
How do you explain this to her!?
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2012
emöfine:

Next mental arithmetic:

Flashaldrin + kariolality - Freecocoa = ?

Flashaldrin + kariolality - Freecocoa = observing christmas carol and flash fireworks, while drinking a cup of cocoa! undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by kariolality: 5:54am On Jan 30, 2012
sauer:

Flashaldrin + kariolality - Freecocoa = observing christmas carol and flash fireworks, while drinking a cup of cocoa! undecided
cheesy
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by mcnepow(m): 6:50am On Jan 30, 2012
sauer:

From earlier:

A large water tank has two inlet pipes (a large one and a small one) and one outlet pipe. It takes 2 hours to fill the tank with the large inlet pipe. On the other hand, it takes 6 hours to fill the tank with the small inlet pipe. The outlet pipe allows the full tank to be emptied in 8 hours.
What fraction of the tank (initially half-full) will be filled in 0.46 hours if all three pipes are in operation?
U over edit d question o, Y not 1 inlet and 0.5hrs ¤evil grin¤ bt i dey come, make i bole from this bus first.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2012
sauer:

angry angry angry angry

well, you try sha! Answer's correct! thanks to the internet. . . . tongue
angry angry angry
thanks to the internet for all your questions
tongue tongue tongue
sauer:

grin grin grin
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2012
Flashaldrin:

angry angry angry
thanks to the internet for all your questions

angry angry angry angry angry tongue
some are actually original undecided

SOLVE THEM!!! angry angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by mcnepow(m): 10:38am On Jan 30, 2012
sauer:

From earlier:

Answer=0.615 . If it isn,t right, solve it lemme c.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 30, 2012
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by mcnepow(m): 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2012
^Outlet pipe affects both the quantity already available and that coming in.,.,., Omo solve am, I missed it.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 7:38pm On Jan 30, 2012
sauer:

From earlier:

very easy, 3/4 of the tank tongue tongue
oya call it internet now lemme unleash my full working! angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 30, 2012
Flashaldrin:

very easy, 3/4 of the tank tongue tongue

u try. . . .small! tongue
let's see your working. . . undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2012
meanwhile. . . answer my archimedes question!!!  angry angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2012
A young, inquisitive girl named emofine is drinking from a bottle of fanta with a straw. After drawing on the liquid, she observes that when she firmly closes the outlet of the straw with her tongue and removes the straw completely from the bottle, the liquid defies the law of gravity and stays in the straw! Shocked
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2012
sauer:

A young, inquisitive girl named emofine is drinking from a bottle of fanta with a straw. After drawing on the liquid, she observes that when she firmly closes the outlet of the straw with her tongue and removes the straw completely from the bottle, the liquid defies the law of gravity and stays in the straw! Shocked
normally if she didnt close the end with her tongue the fanta flows out because when gravity pulls it out, air flows in from behind to replace the fanta. Closing her tongue over the end creates a suction. This prevents air from displacing the fanta, which in turn prevents the fanta from flowing out. Leaving the little emo girl perpetually confused. grin cheesy

you want workings?? cheesy tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2012
Flashaldrin:

normally if she didnt close the end with her tongue the fanta flows out because when gravity pulls it out, air flows in from behind to replace the fanta. Closing her tongue over the end creates a suction. This prevents air from displacing the fanta, which in turn prevents the fanta from flowing out. Leaving the little emo girl perpetually confused. grin cheesy

you want workings?? cheesy tongue
wrong! angry explanation only partly right! explanation not even clear! details missing angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Flashaldrin(m): 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2012
sauer:

meanwhile. . . answer my archimedes question!!! angry angry

sauer:

wrong! angry explanation only partly right! explanation not even clear! details missing angry

mtcheeeew, i don give you the main gist, if you no like am,enter bush tongue abi you want make i tell you exactly wetin dey that website wey you dey copy from?? cheesy cheesy

@oga kola, i nefa see anything o sad
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
Flashaldrin:

Alrighty, thanks.shocked shocked angry angry
= enogoworkforbadbelle

sauer:

Two is company, three's a crowd tongue

kariolality:

cheesy

You reach heaven? cheesy
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 30, 2012
Flashaldrin:

mtcheeeew, i don give you the main gist, if you no like am,enter bush tongue abi you want make i tell you exactly wetin dey that website wey you dey copy from?? cheesy cheesy

Looonng hisssssssss undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2012
sauer:

sauer oh you swore to me that you'll never reveal my magical powers cry
Besides emofine doesn't drink fanta. It was ginger beer or you dey yarn of another emofine abi?

Okay Einstein, reveal the workings behind this phenomenon to moi.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2012
emösweery, how i missed you! wink
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by flash11(m): 11:51am On Feb 10, 2012
Where is kolariolarity and my little 'something something' ?? angry
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 10, 2012
Who struck you with the honey-i-struck-the-kids power machine? undecided
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by emofine2(f): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2012
What are the two sure things in life?

flash11:

Where is kolariolarity and my little 'something something' ?? angry

someone's done a runner eh? tongue

sauer:

emösweery, how i missed you! wink

and how does that supply me with the answer

(joke) ditto tongue
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2012
EXERCISE BOOK = [b]E[/b]de X [b]E[/b]de, [b]R[/b]emi [b]C[/b]oni [b]I[/b]ya, [b]S[/b]egun [b]E[/b]lere [b]B[/b]oolu, [b]O[/b]daabo, [b]O[/b]daabo [b]K[/b]ayode
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by denitro(m): 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2012
A town has a set of twins (1 is notorious for lying and one for always telling the truth).
You come to the town and find yourself lost, then on reaching a crossroad.
You meet this set of identical twins,
By asking one question to either of the twins,
which question can you ask to enable you know which road is the right road to follow
(*NB knowing fully well that if you ask the lying one he will lead you astray)
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by adino(m): 3:35pm On Feb 16, 2012
@sauer
If you have three apples and you took away two, how many will you have?

You still have the three apples. You have been caught and beaten pants down, stop playing ojoro jare.
Re: Maths Tricks, Questions And Brain Teasers by lazinc(m): 3:39pm On Feb 16, 2012
Niger Delta College!

MTH 101

If Tamuno has an AK47 with a 30 rounds clip,if he kidnaps 3 oil workers using 10 rounds, What is the ratio of the Hostage to the bullets expended?
Show Working and Diagrams if need be

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Rag Day In Madonna University. (photos) / UNILAG Responds To A Post About Professor That Flogged Students On Nairaland / The Inscription On Placards Used By JAMB Protesters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.