Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous (24202 Views)

"Ugonna Madueke's New Home In London" - Trezzyblog / EFCC Begins Manhunt For Ugonna Madueke / Checkout The Flamboyant Lifestyle Of Allison-Madueke's Son Ugonna In The US(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by Jascoman: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, January 20, (THEWILL) – Ugonna Alison-Madueke has reacted to his photographs posted on multiple online mediums, blaming mischief-makers for misrepresentation of facts, adding that the move was aimed at embarrassing the Alison-Madueke family to score cheap political points.

Ugonna is the stepson of Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister who been at the receiving end of major oil-marketers lately.

Though Ugonna declined to speak to THEWILL correspondent, he however emailed a statement to address what he called a plot by the “devils in our midst to rubbish our family’s name.”

The statement reads:

Re: A WICKED ATTACK ON MY PERSON VIA INTERNET PHOTOGRAPHS: OFFICIAL RESPONSE OF UGONNA MADUEKE, SON OF MRS DIEZANI ALISON-MADUEKE

It was with great dismay that I awoke a few days ago to see the pictorial publications being circulated about my family and me by the on-line media. It has stirred up a great deal of controversy and has portrayed our family in a negative light.

The pictures posted were taken over a period of time, some before my mother left the private sector as an ED at Shell to work for the Nigerian government.  Although I benefited from a comfortable upbringing I was raised in a fairly strict environment by a military father who insisted that we worked to support ourselves whilst in school. He ensured that we had the basic minimum to support us covering tuition food and transport only.

We were all compelled to work to support ourselves and at the same time excel academically. I am a fully qualified engineer who has worked in my area of expertise for the last 2 and half years. I work very hard at my job and like many people across the globe I also party hard.

The pictures of my brother with Neyo and Dbanj are typical of the way any young man or woman will react getting somewhat excited when they run into stars whether they be home grown or international. Most people will be more than happy to have their photograph taken with them.

As far as the limo ride goes, they are commonly used as airport taxis overseas. Occasionally myself along with my friends and family chip in to pay approx $100 from the airport to our destination. To put this in context it is approximately N16, 500. There were 6 of us in the limo ride, which worked out to be roughly N2000 per head.

With regards to the picture of me in the airplane, which by the way was shot almost 2 years ago, the explanation is really quite simple. I was in America to attend the wedding of an old classmate whose parents had chartered a small aircraft to take some of the bride's closest friends and family to the destination. I did what anyone in my shoes would do and took a picture, Facebook is a testament to that.

It has been alleged that my family flew to America to attend a party, The event we attended was the Chris Aire event for the unveiling of NIGERIA’S GEM STONES with my Mother in her capacity as the then Minister of Mines & Steel. It was an event designed to promote Nigerian Gem stones.

The picture of us on the Red Carpet as we attended the event has also being published. I struggle to fully understand how something that was intended to showcase Nigerian talent and products is now seen as wrong. She also honoured an invitation at the London Stock Exchange to make a presentation; a clear indication that the Gemstone event at Los Angeles had started attracting foreign investors. 

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/nigerian-gemstone-to-be-launched-in-hollywood-diezani/
http://www.voiceofnigeria.org/Nigeriab.htm

The picture showing members of my university fraternity and I holding some money was taken several years ago, while I was an undergraduate. It was a requirement of the society that we documented our fund raising success for a charitable course on behalf of the society I belonged to in the university. The society is called Alpha – Phi – Alpha University of Maryland Chapter.

Like any young man, I have had my fair share of fun, hanging out and partying I am grateful for the upbringing that I have had. This does not however mean I am immune from the realities of the plight of millions of Nigerians living at or below the poverty line. If the pictures (published out of context) were intended to portray me or my family as insensitive to the plight of millions of Nigerians I can honestly state that this is by no means who we are.

What this has taught me however is that, with positions of privilege and leadership come humility and responsibility not only by those in leadership but members of their extended family also.

I sincerely apologise to my family and the Nigerian public for any hurt, anger or embarrassment that might have been caused by these pictures, which were taken completely out of context. I will endeavor to ensure that all my actions in future will be sensitive to the plight of all.

However I have absolutely no control over this well orchestrated smear campaign, which is mainly directed at my mother, I therefore appeal to Nigerians not to take everything they see or read at face value.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/11971-Ugonna-Alison-Madueke-Says-Internet-Photos-Mischievous.html

1 Like

Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by jidody(m): 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nicely presented.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by courage89(m): 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
Jascoman:

However I have absolutely no control over this well orchestrated smear campaign, which is mainly directed at my mother, I therefore appeal to Nigerians not to take everything they see or read at face value.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/11971-Ugonna-Alison-Madueke-Says-Internet-Photos-Mischievous.html

That means we should not take this article as brilliantly presented at face value.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by naijaking1: 8:33pm On Jan 20, 2012
Well said.
Where are all the paid political assasins, who kill with their false accusations
I told them a couple of days ago, that there is no way to prove that the limo, the small jet, or anything in those pics belong to the youngman. Yet Nairalanders shamelessly piled up on this youngman.

Anyway, Ugonna, don't worry.
That's the cost you bear for having Nigerian parentage. You'll see other allegations, too. How your mom didn't do her NYSC, how she paid millions for a handbag, how she spends too much on food, how her underwears are very expensive, and how she was fired or suspended from her job. The most unfortunate would be that these false allegations have been promoted and even highlighted on the front page by the moderator embarassed
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by naijaking1: 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2012
Still waiting to the faceless, spinless, and corrupt Nairalanders who would rather lie than tell the truth.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-848716.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-849275.0.html---- I'm happy the mod. appended 'false' to this one
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-848597.0.html----- on this one, it was her handbag that drove the naught jobs bunkers
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-643240.0.html----- this one is about $1.2b bribery. Does the whole ministry earn that much a year?

The list goes on, and on. It looks like any political opponent with any grouse against this lady simply comes to N/L to offload their venom. The venom doesn't have to be true, have any merit, or even appear remotely possible embarassed
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by MrGlobe(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^
see them. The problem of Nigeria. Opening glamourizing corruption because of sentiments or pay. How can you believe what this fat fu ck said when you were not there with him. He mannaged to tell us everything in the pictures were rented. Anywhere, Nigerians already know the truth. The extent of crude corruption that is associated with the allison madueke name. His mother is the chief of corruption in jonathans govt
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by courage89(m): 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
Its funny how we glorify corruption, injustice, mediocrity and other forms of oppression in this country. With all the facts in the public eye, some people still have the boldness to defend these scumbags.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by naijaking1: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2012
Glorifying injustice, corruption, and injustice is bad, but glorifying false stories of corruption as a way of diverting attention from people who are really and truely corrupt is WORSE sad
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by Ayoolu12: 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2012
Public Relations 101. Nice try, though we ain't buying it.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
abeg make the boy look for another gist, who he wan deceive?
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by EkoIle1: 10:39pm On Jan 20, 2012
This fat scumbag must think we are mumu. Olosho oniro bubruku.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by akpan123(m): 11:06pm On Jan 20, 2012
YOU DON T NEED  TO LOOK AT THE MIRROR ,TO KNOW IF YOU ARE  CORRUPT OR NOT. SHE IS  DOING A VERY GOOD JOB AT EMBEZZLEMENT OF MONEY. YOU

SEE IN LIFE.

THERE ARE ONLY TWO ROADS. POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE . SO ANY ONE YOU PICK. ENJOY IT WELL IT LAST.   BUT REMEMBER THERE IS ALWAYS A PRICE

TO PAY AT THE END.  SO SHE HAS MADE HER CHOICE AND AT THE END, SHE WILL GET HER REWARD. BECAUSE AT THE END NO BRIBE WILL HELP YOU.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
Abeg Abeg Abeg, Did I just hear u say u feel d plight of Nigerians?
Now this is mockery
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by Beaf: 11:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
People are only attacking Deziani Allison Madueke because of the reforms in the petroleum sector. It is sad that no low is too low for their type.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by naijaking1: 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2012
Eko Ile:

You know, where I come from; if you call someone a thief and you have no proof, you get punished for it.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by ifeci: 12:08am On Jan 21, 2012
People are only attacking Deziani Allison Madueke because of the reforms in the petroleum sector. It is sad that no low is too low for their type.
As foo,li.sh as Beaf, Alwyz.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by 2sexy(m): 12:48am On Jan 21, 2012
woodcook:

abeg make the boy look for another gist, who he wan deceive?

Thank you and to those in support of the guy, what makes you think that any of us couldnt do that, lying behing a computer. Take a look how he constructively laid his explanations--Well planned!
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by naijaking1: 12:59am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^^
So the problem now is that he laid out his defence well. Hello, he's educated, his an engineer!
Next time, you fly an airplane, please remember to take the picture as your own personal aircraft.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by Acidosis(m): 1:12am On Jan 21, 2012
Normal talk
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by EkoIle1: 1:19am On Jan 21, 2012
naijaking1:

You know, where I come from; if you call someone a thief and you have no proof, you get punished for it.

You know, where I come from, if you accuse people for saying what they did not say and you have no proof, you get punished for it.

About you pay more attention to your reading and comprehension skills and less on me?
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by naijaking1: 1:34am On Jan 21, 2012
Eko Ile:

There's virtually anybody who spent a year or two in Nigeria who doesn't know what the bold means. You go around calling people names and making false alleagtions and you have nothing, NADA to prove it
And I'm supposed to take you serious
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by EkoIle1: 1:50am On Jan 21, 2012
naijaking1:

There's virtually anybody who spent a year or two in Nigeria who doesn't know what the bold means. You go around calling people names and making false alleagtions and you have nothing, NADA to prove it
And I'm supposed to take you serious

So tell me the meaning of what you highlighted and how it = Thief.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 21, 2012
NijaKing dey hope say Ugonna go see im yeye internet defence come settle am. . . . roflmao

Ol boy, use the remaining time wey you get for that cyber cafe wisely; perhaps watch some po*rn or something. If youre morose, I believe the rest of us have our brains in proper working order.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by gokuu(m): 2:31am On Jan 21, 2012
Eko Ile:

abi o. Awon ori iranu oshi. They think we are fools. I really dont blame them, its Nigerians that allow this to happen. Some fools are already here glorifying this corrupt write-up. The idiot even had the nerves to say he was insensitive the plight of Nigerians, what an insult on our collective sensibility.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by Mogidi: 2:39am On Jan 21, 2012
Eko Ile:

You constantly come here to defend Lagos state's greatest embezzler Tinubu and yet wonder why Ugonna Madueke think you're mumu. I also have proof you're mumu and if you want me to post links to your mumury then I will.

Cheers!!!
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by aljharem(m): 2:39am On Jan 21, 2012
gokuu:

abi o. Awon ori iranu oshi. They think we are fools. I really dont blame them, its Nigerians that allow this to happen. Some fools are already here glorifying this corrupt write-up. The  even had the nerves to say he was insensitive the plight of Nigerians, what an insult on our collective sensibility.

i noticed u have changed, keep up the good work bros

+ 100
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by gokuu(m): 2:48am On Jan 21, 2012
Mogidi:

You constantly come here to defend Lagos state's greatest embezzler Tinubu and yet wonder why Ugonna Madueke think you're mumu. I also have proof you're mumu and if you want me to post links to your mumury then I will.

Cheers!!!
at least tinubu and his foot soldiers are doing something that WE CAN SEE! Their policies encourage hardwork while oga jona and his PDP ilk sacrifice hardworker at the alter of 4 million naira handbag.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by aljharem(m): 2:53am On Jan 21, 2012
gokuu:

at least tinubu and his foot soldiers are doing something that WE CAN SEE! Their policies encourage hardwork while oga jona and his PDP ilk sacrifice hardworker at the alter of 4 million naira handbag.

Gokuu, Lets not defend tiunbu. Tiunbu did not do anything for Lagos state

It is Fashola instead. Yes fashola has done well. even if he puts 100 toll gates but makes the road accessible and world class. It is FARRRR better than not building any road at all and stealling the money meant for the project. Toll gates can always be removed within 20 mins but the development, bridges etc would always be there for people to use. That is why I love fashola style of government.

If only Nigerian governor can do the same, Nigeria would be a lot better but you would see PDP goons just insult the man with no justification or what ever.

grin grin
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by naijaking1: 2:57am On Jan 21, 2012
kingoflag:

NijaKing dey hope say Ugonna go see im yeye internet defence come settle am. . . . roflmao

Ol boy, use the remaining time wey you get for that cyber cafe wisely; perhaps watch some po*rn or something. If youre morose, I believe the rest of us have our brains in proper working order.

Nothing like cyber cafe in NYC sir!
What's really the problem? The truth hurts your ears It doesn't fit into your preconcieved, but false ideas
I beg wait until I send you pictures of a yatch I rode off the Long Island sounds, or picture of a fat big jet I boarded to Lagos once. When you see these, you'll better understand the stu, pidity in claiming this boy owns all the things in those pictures.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by EkoIle1: 2:58am On Jan 21, 2012
alj harem:

Gokuu, Lets not defend tiunbu. Tiunbu did not do anything for Lagos state

It is Fashola instead. Yes fashola has done well. even if he puts 100 toll gates but makes the road accessible and world class. It is FARRRR better than not building any road at all and stealling the money meant for the project. Toll gates can always be removed within 20 mins but the development, bridges etc would always be there for people to use. That is why I love fashola style of government.

If only Nigerian governor can do the same, Nigeria would be a lot better but you would see PDP goons just insult the man with no justification or what ever.

grin grin

Ignorant olodo

Do you really want to go there cos I fit educate your ignorant a//s/s as usual.
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by EkoIle1: 3:02am On Jan 21, 2012
Mogidi:

Cheers!!!

Who is this dumb clown and what is he talking about?

Oponu, you are a bastard if you no fit show me wetin Tinubu embezzle and where he embezzle am from.

Ode apples and oranges
Re: Ugonna Alison-madueke Says Internet Photos Mischievous by nanidee(f): 5:45am On Jan 21, 2012
Obviously, the poster is the 'Ugonna' guy.

Cant u guys see that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo - Atiku Is Corrupt, I Chose Him To Put Him In Check / Naira Rain As PDP Raises Billions For Jonathan. / Uduaghan Confirms Plan To Defect To APC And Dump PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.