Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,704 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? (2683 Views)

Is 2months Into A Relationship Too Early To Have SEX? / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? / Distant Relationship- Too Much Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Deida: 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2012
What are reasons that could possibly make a guy who you were or are friends with beg for a relationship as in make it official boyfriend and girlfriend and then needs space and wants to remain friends?
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by omega25red(m): 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
after he gets some azz he figures out that he really has nothing in common with you anymore or the relationship he was going on about was just his last ditch effort to get in your pants. or could just be he saw something that he didnt like when he finally got close to you
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Deida: 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2012
omega25red:

after he gets some azz he figures out that he really has nothing in common with you anymore or the relationship he was going on about was just his last ditch effort to get in your pants. or could just be he saw something that he didnt like when he finally got close to you

Nope we never slept together at all. It was just the pic incident which I finally asked him again and he said he just needs space but I reminded him he was the one who begged for a relationship which i told him to take it easy, that it was still new. Oh well
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by omega25red(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
Deida:

Nope we never slept together at all. It was just the[b] pic incident[/b] which I finally asked him again and he said he just needs space but I reminded him he was the one who begged for a relationship which i told him to take it easy, that it was still new. Oh well
what "pic incident? i dont know what that is

hey count yourself lucky cause that dude seems bipolar grin Anyway it sound like he chased and chased and chased you and when he finally got you he didnt have anything to chase anymore which rendered him bored. Trust me its nothing to do with you but some guys just love the chase and when they finally catch, they would loose interest.

im surprised he is asking for space before he even tries to get you in bed? he must either have some thing going on that he cant discuss wif you or you must be an awful nag.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Mynd44: 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2012
Dog chasing cars effect
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2012
It's just a case of misplaced priorities on the guy! Relationships based on established friendships usually turn out fine. In his own case though, he might have been smoking. . .
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Tingles(m): 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2012
Maybe you guys were getting too serious and he's not ready for commitment, at least until he knows that you're actually who he thought you were.

Or

You said "YES" way too soon that he thinks you're either cheap or desperate.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Deida: 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
sexkillz:

It's just a case of misplaced priorities on the guy! Relationships based on established friendships usually turn out fine. In his own case though, he might have been smoking. . .

Smoking what? But I hate things like these. We were fine friends but each time he kept pressuring relationship which I told him to take it slowly and when I began opening up, he needs space. #Sighs

omega25red:

what "pic incident? i dont know what that is

hey count yourself lucky cause that dude seems bipolar  grin Anyway it sound like he chased and chased and chased you and when he finally got you he didnt have anything to chase anymore which rendered him bored. Trust me its nothing to do with you but some guys just love the chase and when they finally catch, they would loose interest.

im surprised he is asking for space before he even tries to get you in bed? he must either have some thing going on that he cant discuss wif you or you must be an awful nag.

Chase? How long? He didn't have to chase me. We have been friends even when he had issues with his past relationship and job wise etc.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Deida: 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
Tingles:

Maybe you guys were getting too serious and he's not ready for commitment, at least until he knows that you're actually who he thought you were.

Or

You said "YES" way too soon that he thinks you're either cheap or desperate.

Please read again before commenting. I didn't say YES, I told him to take it slowly but we are in it and dating.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
Deida:

Please read again before commenting. I didn't say YES, I told him to take it slowly but we are in it and dating.
contradiction.
either you or the bobo is confused
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Mynd44: 6:50pm On Jan 22, 2012
The guy does not know what to do with you. He wants to go back for tutorials
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Tingles(m): 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
With a response like that, I would leave you too.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Tingles(m): 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2012
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by claremont(m): 6:57pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^
grin grin grin
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by koolkamzzy(m): 7:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
Its either you have suddenly become too demanding than when you were just friends and he feels he can't put up with ur excessive demand

OR

His intention was to get punny and run but you are playing hard to get and looking for commitment while he's only after the kitty cat.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by freecocoa(f): 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2012
OP you are the BBM Dp girl,now I understand your boyfriend's place.

You are too clingy,you were disturbing his life and asking him if you guys were broken up,now you are saying you never said yes. Abeg let the young man be,he's realized he doesn't want to be with.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Mynd44: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2012
What BBm girl?
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Deida: 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2012
Tingles:

What response?

koolkamzzy:

Its either you have suddenly become too demanding than when you were just friends and he feels he can't put up with ur excessive demand

OR

His intention was to get punny and run but you are playing hard to get and looking for commitment while he's only after the kitty cat.

I didn;t demand anything from him. We were still the same, the only change started when the bbm pic incident where he said it was a picture I would have shown only him.

aguiyi:

contradiction.
either you or the bobo is confused

Okay let me make it straight. We have been friends, going out and talking and all. He now started asking for a relationship and said he wanted me to be his girlfriend. I now told him aren't the days gone when people say be my bf or gf that we are dating and it would naturally fall into place. That I do like you and we are dating and also getting to know ourselves and then the pic incident happened.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by freecocoa(f): 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
Mynd_44:

What BBm girl?
She said she put up a pix on her BBM and the dude said he didn't like it cos he feels it should be a private pix,she removed it and apologized but the dude was still giving her cold shoulders,she kept on asking if it was break up and begging,but the dude wasn't budging.

Seriously I think she's desperate to be with the guy and he's noticed she would not give him space and has decided to run for his dear life before she chokes him to death.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by slimyem: 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2012
clear case of a guy who doesnt know what he wants,
besides you both are going all childish about it.
let it go and get over it already.
ugh!
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Mynd44: 7:37pm On Jan 22, 2012
freecocoa:

She said she put up a pix on her BBM and the dude said he didn't like it cos he feels it should be a private pix,she removed it and apologized but the dude was still giving her cold shoulders,she kept on asking if it was break up and begging,but the dude wasn't budging.

Seriously I think she's desperate to be with the guy and he's noticed she would not give him space and has decided to run for his dear life before she chokes him to death.
Now I remember her. The guy probablytook off when he realise you were loving up and he is not ready for a clingy babe
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Deida: 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2012
freecocoa:

Sorry to say but you sound like a bitter woman! In the name of advice or so, see the arrogance and anger you are using to reply. Please it is not compulsory to give an opinion. Thank u
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by freecocoa(f): 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2012
Deida:

Sorry to say but you sound like a bitter woman! In the name of advice or so, see the arrogance and anger you are using to reply. Please it is not compulsory to give an opinion. Thank u
Firstly I'm not bitter as nothing concern me with you but from your previous posts I can deduce the type of girl you are and like you know the truth is often bitter and hurts.

Now you think a guy wants a lady who wouldn't give him breathing space?think again. You kept bugging the dude even when he told you all was well,you kept asking if you guys were over yet you say you didn't agree to being his girlfriend,wtf?.

I'm not angry but the way you go back and forth can be irritating and FYI this is a public forum so I have every right to give an opinion any time I desire,I won't be held responsible if you don't like my opinion cos I ain't here to please you,now if you don't want me to tell you what I think about you then don't create any more threads cos I'll sure drop my opinion on any thread if i want. Btw you are welcome@"thank you".
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by claremont(m): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
@OP: Your guy has left you, take a deep breath and get yourself another guy. If you are looking for the immediate and remote reasons for him leaving you, he is in the best position to know. Nairaland does not solve anyone's problems, most people on here will only add more problems to the one you already have.

Goodluck! cool
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by newmusic: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2012
OP, this is what I feel -

He actually wants a relationship with you, however he wasnt too impressed when you use a dp that should be private from his own perspective. His reason for calling it off is he feels you are not really ready for commitment, your dp must have attracted other guys which he thought you purposely did and he doesnt want to waste his time with a girl that is displaying her market value there by advertising herself through bb display pic.

I will advise you not to bother yourself, just be yourself with time he will come back if he is meant for you.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Mynd44: 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
The OP needs to move on and find a new gut
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by kpolli(m): 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2012

So the idiot has finally spoken out. . . .

Sorry for ever defending him sad
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by kpolli(m): 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2012
y did NL screen out iiddiioott
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by kelz88(f): 11:49pm On Jan 23, 2012
People can be weird and confused. Just let the guy be.

Being pissed off about your display pic was just an excuse to break up with you. Wish you saw how silly and pathetic he was before you let yourself get this upset.

You will get over him; it's only a matter of time.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Mynd44: 12:08am On Jan 24, 2012
The display picture might be part of the problem but when you start bothering a guy you just started dating on BB, with calls and the rest, the guy might just get scared and run off
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Deida: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2012
Mynd_44:

The display picture might be part of the problem but when you start bothering a guy you just started dating on BB, with calls and the rest, the guy might just get scared and run off

Bothering a guy I met on BB? How? I met in person not bb. BB was only mentioned because of the display pic I used which you saw and it wasn't that bad. He said he needs space that time will tell if it's meant to be and If i don;t jump into another man's arms, it will tell he was either meant for me or he was one of a kind.

kelz88:

People can be weird and confused. Just let the guy be.

Being pissed off about your display pic was just an excuse to break up with you. Wish you saw how silly and pathetic he was before you let yourself get this upset.

You will get over him; it's only a matter of time.

I tell you very strange. I'm giving him his space though he keeps messaging me and told me that time will tell if he is really the one meant for me and I should not jump into another man;s arms etc, I'm so confused.

kpolli:

So the has finally spoken out. . . .

Sorry for ever defending him sad

Who?

newmusic:

OP, this is what I feel -

He actually wants a relationship with you, however he wasnt too impressed when you use a dp that should be private from his own perspective. His reason for calling it off is he feels you are not really ready for commitment, your dp must have attracted other guys which he thought you purposely did and he doesnt want to waste his time with a girl that is displaying her market value there by advertising herself through bb display pic.

I will advise you not to bother yourself, just be yourself with time he will come back if he is meant for you.

I am already myself, if a picture could make him this mad, this early, oh well! And my picture was not displaying anything bad.
Re: What Could Make A Guy Beg For A Relationship Too Soon & Then Want To Be Friends? by Mynd44: 8:18pm On Jan 24, 2012
I meant you disturbing him with BUm. Why not just leave him and move on

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm In Love With My Boss! Kindly Read / My Friend Feels Bad, Please Advice Her For Me. / Nairalanders, Let's Help My Sister.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.