Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Can True Love Be Found Online? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Be Found Online? (4202 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? / Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by 2cantango(f): 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2006
@whoknoxluv:

I was actually talking about a Kenyan man I met online, and then later met up with here in Aust.
What are you suggesting we try together? wink
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by SweetnSour(f): 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2006
I know and I have seen people fall in loveonline,
but I'm not down for that crap.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by t4cash(m): 10:48pm On Mar 21, 2006
It depends on your standards. If you want to marry a trophy wife, you have a problem.

Hot women don't generally hang around in online dating rooms. They have enough trouble spurning the attention they receive everyday offline. I think its the same with hot men (except the shy ones).
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by reniks(f): 1:24am On Mar 22, 2006
True love can be found in a million places,online happens to be one of them.I don't know any1 who has experienced it but i believe it can happen.@t4cash u really think "hot" men and women don't engage in online dating?Well i think all kinds of people do it regardless of the attention they get,some jus do it to have fun and/or because they are not interested in any of their numerous admirers
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by t4cash(m): 8:44am On Mar 22, 2006
You may find "hot" men and women on nairaland though grin
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by ono(m): 10:31am On Mar 22, 2006
t4cash:

You may find "hot" men and women on nairaland though grin

Yeah, there are quite a number of them.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by nikinash(f): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2006
you have to very careful with online dating cos there's so much deceit on the net. i remember an experience once where i finally met the guy and gosh i had to just quickly find a way out of the situation cos he was not what he had seemed to be
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by glodave(f): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2006
@whoknoxluv
can you now understand, why i said, is a two people thing
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by xxshawtyxx(f): 1:21pm On Mar 22, 2006
cheesy
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by raldsfield(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2006
Online true love could be found, depending on the of how the friendship was developed.
I am currently in-love with a chic I met online. She is crazy about me. I get about four calls from her everyday, and we planning to met before the end of the year.

We were open to each other in the beginning not having in mind to date, our first chat was about our career and how one could move up.
we became interested in updates about our moves and achievements. We are already thinking big, will be setting our first company together soon, she is older anyway but i don't care about that because I have found someone who cares about me as much as my family does. She has introduced me to members of her family, at least they know me by my first name.
Oppp! she is calling me again.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by t4cash(m): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2006
Have you ACTUALLY met her?

I ask because you sound like you have been carrying on this affair via phone. 90% of human communication is body language.

I am not saying the two of you may not be one of those fortunate online love stories, but we are naturally more interested in relationships that are physically being carried forward. When the two of you met (and perhaps bed), she may be disappointed, or you may be.

I am sure many people saying that online love is tough here have experienced what is tripping you. I have. the girl had posted a pic of her model shoot and she had such a sexy voice I actualy thought this was . Men, I burnt credit yarning with this girl. Finally we met in person. Anyway, I was just looking for friendship on that site and we are still friends (sand I employed her for her sexy voice as a receptonist) but the stark difference still jars me when I remember it. My boys (who knew about it) kept yabbing me cos of it.

Update us when you two meet sha
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by whoknoxluv(m): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2006
2cantango:

@whoknoxluv:

I was actually talking about a Kenyan man I met online, and then later met up with here in Aust.
What are you suggesting we try together? wink
i mean that mayb we try online love and see what comes out of it but i know you will enjoy it like never b4 can we ?
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Zahymaka(m): 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2006
If you're looking for love and you simply scan people's photos, then I pity you. Everybody puts his best photo on he web -- that's a fact [I'm guilty of that crime -- I don't look anything like that in real life]. If however you've seen the photo but only chase her becase she's humorous, etc etc, then you stand a batter chance [depending on whether she doesn't find you wanting].

I once met a girl at a bus stop and she had a body to kill for. I just asked her for directions using my best english and she turned to the person besides her and asked her what I had said [in Yoruba] -- turned out the girl didn't know one word of English. Beware!
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by t4cash(m): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2006
Sorry Z,

you cant even judge real life personality by someone's online personality.

Many of these people who are loudmouthed "fighters" on nairaland do not even squeak in real life crowds. they can not maintain steady eye contact. In other words they are in reality extremely shy people. Why? If you are taller than me, it doesnt matter online.

Gisting on the phone is a slightly better medium.

The online sites are properly called "Introduction" agencies. The dating agency realized long ago that its value lay in the fact that most people living in the modern insular urban societies lack opportunities to be introduced. When we lived all our lives in villages, there was no need to have intermediaries. So to increase the chances of your finding a mate of the opposite sex, actively pursu opportnities to be introduced offline.

Ask your female/male friends to introduce you to the opposite sex. Ask your boss, your teacher, your staff, your cook, your maiguard , geddit? Why choose only online introduction agencies.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Zahymaka(m): 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2006
Thank you very much t4 -- I've been trying to nail this into their heads. Most people ho look for "love" online are either very very shy people -- or they are people who have never been able to get into a relationship.

Concerning shyness -- nobody is shy in front of a computer. I can vouch for that because if you ask people who know me, they'll tell you I hardly ever talk -- I can't stand crowds whether they're all-male, all-female or both. I'm very quiet by nature but I can express myself on a keyboard [I joined 4 days ago but look at my number of posts!].
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by t4cash(m): 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2006
Z

Excessive typing can cause RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury I think) of the wrists. Staring too much at the screen aint too OK either. Lets not go off-topic sha.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Zahymaka(m): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2006
Don't worry about that -- I write code most days from morning till night while posting on Nairaland in-between.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by bagoma(f): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2006
a friend of mine just got bitten by this online thing.
the guy turned out to be slimy bastard, a bloody liar.
guess what people, he even a nairalader!
and i feel so angry and upset and ashamed because i had a hand in it.
i encouraged my friend. embarassed embarassed cry angry
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by t4cash(m): 11:53pm On Mar 28, 2006
Oya, spill the beans (without giving too much away of course), what happened?
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by bagoma(f): 12:07am On Mar 29, 2006
alright i will. (but i wont give his name because i want to still give him a tiny benefit of doubt)
well, this guy came on to me with tales of being single and desperately searching.
i told him that i was unavailable and because i somehow felt some kind of trust for him all because i met him online here and from his posts, i thought he is a nice guy, i decided to introduce him to my friend.
i encouraged my friend to be nice and receptive. they started a kind of online thing and later decided to meet.
now my friend calls me to say that he isnt what he made out to be initially.
she's not sure though, but that she thinks he's one big liar and that everything appeared to be a game with him.
the sad thing is that my friend has fallen head over heels in love with the bas**** and she's hurting like hell now.
i feel so so so sad. i introduced them, thinking i was playing cupid.(oh silly, stupid me) embarassed embarassed
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by IAH(f): 12:16am On Mar 29, 2006
I've been bypassing this thread because I didn't think it was worth reading.grin But Zahymaka's posts on this topic from beginning to the end = very very correct. cool
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Zahymaka(m): 1:19am On Mar 29, 2006
Thank you for the compliment IAH - I'm very very flattered. embarassed embarassed
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by dominobaby(f): 2:46am On Mar 29, 2006
True love online?probability 2 me is 5% depending on d partners. But one thing i am sure of is dat u cn meet extremely nice people cos i met this Ghanian guy n we became friends bt we aren't dating.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by musicclown(m): 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2006
maybe but e go tey. try wooing the chick and you girls make yourself avaliable at your area and you never can tell how easy that will be.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by adekemi(f): 1:27pm On Apr 14, 2006
yes if u really know what u're doing
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by nancyekpoh(f): 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2006
Yes really, true love can be found online.
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by alpacaem(f): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2006
yes true love can be found online.
I met my husband online over a year ago.
I was in wales he was in london, after 2 months of online chatting, we met then he moved closer, then we moved intogether after 3 months we got engaged and on the 14th of feb this year we got married in owerri!
I'm now waiting for him to come home to me as he is still in owerri waiting for his settlement visa!
so yes true love can be found online - you just need to be honest about who you are.
xx
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by bagoma(f): 10:06pm On Apr 15, 2006
yeah honesty is the key.
it sad to know that people hide under the cover of anonymity that the internet provides and lie, deceive and cheat like the devil.

alpacaem, glad it worked for you, congratulations on your marriage.
and welcome to nairaland. cheesy hope you'll stay, i believe you'll love it here. smiley
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by 4real(m): 1:23am On Apr 16, 2006
well i and rubby met online and well we have a daugther to show for our efforts grin well it depends on the kind of person you meet online, for me i guess i was just lucky but men do i love my wife and i bless God for the internet
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:25am On Apr 16, 2006
we have a daugther to show for our efforts
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by 4real(m): 1:36am On Apr 16, 2006
ah abi wetin i for talk kiss undecided
Re: Can True Love Be Found Online? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:37am On Apr 16, 2006
:d :d :d kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Loosing Confidence As A Man / Rio2016; Caption This "Awkwardly Trending" Photos / What A Woman’s Favourite Sex Position Says About Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.