Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,861 members, 7,862,833 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? - Family (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (45782 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:42pm On Feb 10, 2012
coogar must be Igbo. His sense of humor is dead. tsk tsk.

abeg ronke and them, why are yall still on this? If they dont wnat to get it, who cares?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2012
Citing a case of an ideal woman,!!!!!! do you know how many women that could be ideal too, but has been turned to who they because of circumstances, now i dey form good girl and good wife, do you think i will continue forming if he starts to maltreat me for where? cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 7:48pm On Feb 10, 2012
ronkebp:

Ok Coogar, i am back, say what?? what were you saying?? comparing nigerian women work and the people in diaspora, you still cannot compare oooo, Nigerians get a lot of cheap helps and even help from family members, imagine how a woman who has just put to bed in Nigeria is being cared for, peppersoup for one side, another person caring for the baby on the other side, another woman bathing for the mother on another end, the woman's own is to sleep and feed the baby whenever she can gan sef ni.

But in America, infact i started bathing my baby the second day after i left the hodpital, thank God for small change, wink wink wink we were able to get a cleaning lady, who wants to be spending and wasting money ontop cleaning lady,( by the time you add how much you are payiong her every two weeks, one will rethink it) i had a baby sitter when i resumed back at work, my mum was not happy at all because of the stress here when she came to visit, it looked like the country has been set up that way to stress people out, even my dad gan sef, was like i was stressing my self too much,  Despite say i still get hubby that helped, imgine not getting a helping hand atall and then you have a hubby that bosses you around at every little thing, common now, we are all human beings abegiii

if you work and your husband works, i see no reason why you cannot afford au pair.
i know rearing kids is a career on it's own in the west but then should naija women then degrade their men with these despicable chores?
when your mother-in-law is around, is she comfortable with seeing your husband do the dishes and other feminine chores in the house?
men should help out but only with chores that are known to men - not washing undies!

ThiefOfHearts:

coogar must be Igbo. His sense of humor is dead. tsk tsk.

abeg ronke and them, why are yall still on this? If they dont wnat to get it, who cares?  

i am from enugu!

ronkebp:

Citing a case of an ideal woman,!!!!!! do you know how many women that could be ideal too, but has been turned to who they because of circumstances, now i dey form good girl and good wife, do you think i will continue forming if he starts to maltreat me for where? cool cool cool cool cool

so you have been "forming" good wife? cheesy grin

i really don't understand why you women think men are rabid dogs. is it even humanly possible for a man to wake up and start beating up his wife or maltreating her without any reason? majority of the stories we get to hear are half-truths. for a man to wake up and beat up his wife, trust me - that woman has done something very wrong! your husband will never maltreat you unless you sleep with his best man. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by armyofone(m): 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
give mommy cogar work to do jor. that obe you missed, it's time to eat it.
will make a timetable for mama: monday ikokore, tuesday, obe ila alasepo, wednesday, iyan ati obe apon, thursday, efo riro, friday, iresi pelu obe atarodo. sat and sunday, i will help mama tongue

coogar:

if you work and your husband works, i see no reason why you cannot afford au pair.
i know rearing kids is a career on it's own in the west but then should naija women then degrade their men with these despicable chores?
when your mother-in-law is around, (after 1week, mama will be comfortable and proud of her pickin) is she comfortable with seeing your husband do the dishes and other feminine chores in the house?
men should help out but only with chores that are known to men - not washing undies!
yeah like fetching water from the river in Houston
i am from enugu!

so you have been "forming" good wife? cheesy grin

i really don't understand why you women think men are rabid dogs. is it even humanly possible for a man to wake up and start beating up his wife or maltreating her without any reason? majority of the stories we get to hear are half-truths. for a man to wake up and beat up his wife, trust me - that woman has done something very wrong! your husband will never maltreat you unless you sleep with his best man. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2012
moremi2008:

My dear Ronkis, you can't eat your cake and have it too. You can't expect a man to kill himself outside the home to provide for the family and then return home to help with the housework and babies. If both spouses are working, then they should seriously consider hiring help. I am a single guy and I have a cleaning lady come in every week. Married couples should also do the same (they aren't that expensive in the US). I have married Nigerian friends that employ full-time nannies for about $1k-$2k per month. It saves them a LOT of hassle and their marriages are better for it.

That is where understanding plays a part, it would be a big help if they can be reasoning this way, if both spouses are working, they should definitely get a help, it would reduce the strain on their relationships and help with more time they would be spending together as a couple.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2012
ronkebp:

The is part of the cons (risks) of marriage.

Now for some ediot to come here and now be spewing rubbish that marriage is just fantastic and then call himself "Analytical" annoys the hell off me.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2012
Coogar you are so funny, my hubby's best man is his brother ooo, and that guy fine die!!!! ( no go area).

How will i sit back and watch my hubby washing undies God forbid, if he sees some chores that needs to be done and he is helping out, infact i will be loving him more because he has just reduced my burden.

I have a friend here whose hubby does the cleaning, she does not know how to vacuum, can you believe that her hubby cleans, washes the bathrooms, (he just loves cleaning the house) but he will never ever ever !! enter the kitchen, so if the woman is cooking and sleeping on the stove she knows that is her duty and would be doing with all the strength she has left. So it all boils down to understanding.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
Sagamite:

The is part of the cons (risks) of marriage.

Now for some ediot to come here and now be spewing rubbish that marriage is just fantastic and then call himself "Analytical" annoys the hell off me.

What is the cons in what i have typed??is it the forming good wife aspect how do you expect a woman or man to protect herself or himself in a marraige?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by armyofone(m): 8:43pm On Feb 10, 2012
i don't like the idea of one person doing same thing all over. the hubby that cleans, i don't like it to be him alone doing it. we can both clean together. both cook together.
cooking is the hardest honestly so ogbemi prefers to clean ooo, o di egwu grin

we can as well eat out at some fancy health conscious resturant and not me quenching in the kitchen all the time.

i love home chores, love clean home and an expert in the kitchen but i will not kill myself doing it all. na wetin? a fine gal like me cheesy
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2012
ronkebp:

What is the cons in what i have typed??is it the forming good wife aspect how do you expect a woman or man to protect herself or himself in a marraige?

Everything is based on influences.

I bet your husband is not aware of the risk you detailed there, not like if it is a bad or un-understandable thing. To him, his wife is just perfect, when in reality you are acting your good part.

Just a little bit testosterone and/or a little bit over-injection of hormones can lead to actions or misreading of what is "maltreating" to some. And DENG problem begins and if not resolved quickly leads to bigger problem or some hidden animosity.

Someone not married can protect themselves against marriage. grin If you are that tempted to marry, do it purely on your terms as much as your power and will can carry you. If your terms are not being respected, have sense and pull out.

armyofone:

i don't like the idea of one person doing same thing all over. the hubby that cleans, i don't like it to be him alone doing it. we can both clean together. both cook together.
cooking is the hardest honestly so ogbemi prefers to clean ooo, o di egwu grin

we can as well eat out at some fancy health conscious resturant and not me quenching in the kitchen all the time.

i love home chores, love clean home and an expert in the kitchen but i will not kill myself doing it all. na wetin? a fine gal like me cheesy

But you still want half? tongue
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 8:50pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^^^ Naso, that my friend hubby just hates anything that has to do with cooking, if his wife has gone out and she will be comuing home late, do you know it is difficult for him to warm the soup and make eba, he does not know how to make eba, he will just drink cereal and wait till the wife returns smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

But she prefers it like that oooo, even the babe no fit do anything for the house with her hands, so their roles in the house has been clearly defined. They are loving it, been married for about 9 yrs now and still going strong.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by queensmith: 8:52pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^ eurgh! another thread should be opened about things like that,

'is marriage worth it with a Nigerian man'
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
queensmith:

While you are at it, open another one that says:

'is marriage worth it with an Obese and Obnoxious hoodrat'
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 9:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
Sagamite, i am my hubby's queen ooooo, he can run 1000 miles for me if i cough once,  wink wink wink wink wink, he knows better than to maltreat me, infact i don dey communicate before marraige, what i like and dislike, he knows what he can do today that will make me pack my load tomorrow. we have made up our minds to enjoy our relationship and avoid anything that would aggravate the other. Compromise and understanding smiley smiley

Ohh!!!! he sooo knows and he loves me for that, i have sworn to be the best wife i can be. wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by chika98: 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
Wow! 23 pages later and you lot are STILL beating a dead horse? NL LOVES the back and forth. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
queensmith:

Lol. grin grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 9:11pm On Feb 10, 2012
armyofone:

give mommy cogar work to do jor. that obe you missed, it's time to eat it.
will make a timetable for mama: monday ikokore, tuesday, obe ila alasepo, wednesday, iyan ati obe apon, thursday, efo riro, friday, iresi pelu obe atarodo. sat and sunday, i will help mama  tongue

shaking my head!
of course, i know for sure you're on a wind-up!

ronkebp:

Coogar you are so funny, my hubby's best man is his brother ooo, and that guy fine die!!!! ( no go area).

How will i sit back and watch my hubby washing undies God forbid, if he sees some chores that needs to be done and he is helping out, infact i will be loving him more because he has just reduced my burden.

I have a friend here whose hubby does the cleaning, she does not know how to vacuum, can you believe that her hubby cleans, washes the bathrooms, (he just loves cleaning the house) but he will never ever ever !! enter the kitchen, so if the woman is cooking and sleeping on the stove she knows that is her duty and would be doing with all the strength she has left. So it all boils down to understanding.

army girl thinks differently!
i pray i get a chic like her as a wife - i would teach her the lessons she refused to take @ quantico!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by dayokanu(m): 9:19pm On Feb 10, 2012
Armyofone just dey make mouth jare
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 9:24pm On Feb 10, 2012
ronkebp:

Sagamite, i am my hubby's queen ooooo, he can run 1000 miles for me if i cough once,  wink wink wink wink wink, he knows better than to maltreat me, infact i don dey communicate before marraige, what i like and dislike, he knows what he can do today that will make me pack my load tomorrow. we have made up our minds to enjoy our relationship and avoid anything that would aggravate the other. Compromise and understanding smiley smiley

Ohh!!!! he sooo knows and he loves me for that, i have sworn to be the best wife i can be. wink wink wink wink wink

Apart from your few L'Oreal moments here and there, you actually do sound like you are a quality wife most times. tongue
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Apart from your few L'Oreal moments here and there, you actually do sound like you are a quality wife most times. tongue

Glad to see she's truly a woman and human unlike your robotic self  grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2012
naijababe:

Glad to see she's truly a woman and human unlike your robotic self  grin

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5vulA50tyI&feature=related[/flash]

grin grin grin grin

Make una see irresponsible people:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2099082/When-Helen-Baxendale-Friends-got-mobbed-street-reveals-Im-glad-I-gave-fame-family.html

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 9:57pm On Feb 10, 2012
Sagamite:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Thank you, i will take that as a big compliment coming from you, Sagalulu!!!!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 10:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
ronkebp:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Thank you, i will take that as a big compliment coming from you, Sagalulu!!!!

There should be a certified pre-owned program for wives! This will remove the information asymmetry and reduce marriage transaction costs. A wife that has already been tried and tested as a sane, drama-free, and good wife would be very valuable these days to people like Sagamugu, even if the woman is in her late thirties.  grin grin grin grin grin

So Ronke, if Mr Ronke fcks up, Shagamumu is waiting for you with wide-open arms where you will spend the rest of your life washing bathrooms and eating ponmo!  grin

ps - what kind of woman lives in Philly, anyway? That place is just ghetto and the only people I know that end up there are those attending UPenn/Wharton.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 10, 2012
Coogar, when men (Nigerian men -some though) start to appreciate the wives they have and not treat them as secondclass citizens in their own houses, they will be having good marraiges, as long as they want to remain with the '' i am the man and what i say and do is law'', then their arses will always be dumped.

I have an uncle, he used to leave in the States and he is back to Nigeria now (and that is one in a million), i can not explain the type of respect he accords his wife and children, the woman is the breadwinner, the man works too but the wife makes more than him, but you can never know, the woman adores her husband, loves her husband and does double shift for her husband to be able to build his house back home, i am so serious, if you see the mansion that was built for the husband back home, many people call her a fool even her family memebers, but she was willing to do that for her hubby because she felt her husband deserved it.

You don't expect to treat a woman like poo and expect her to revere you or hold you in high-esteem in return, respect begats respect.

You have said it all! Thank you o!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 11:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
ileobatojo:

You have said it all! Thank you o!

Aunty Ile-Oba, who burned down your house? Are you now prettier than before? grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 11:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
moremi2008:

There should be a certified pre-owned program for wives! This will remove the information asymmetry and reduce marriage transaction costs. A wife that has already been tried and tested as a sane, drama-free, and good wife would be very valuable these days to people like Sagamugu, even if the woman is in her late thirties.  grin grin grin grin grin

So Ronke, if Mr Ronke fcks up, Shagamumu is waiting for you with wide-open arms where you will spend the rest of your life washing bathrooms and eating ponmo!  grin

ps - what kind of woman lives in Philly, anyway? That place is just ghetto and the only people I know that end up there are those attending UPenn/Wharton.
Oh !!! Moremi, your case has no cure, lol, now, who says i am in my late thirties, (big jonsing) my marraige is just 2 yrs old and i did not marry in my thirties either, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue not that i am declaring my age oooo, been living before the world was created. wink wink

While would i want to go for Sagalulu, when mr Ronke bleeps up, who says i really need another man, i don't pray for Bleep up either, it is me and my hubby, no rival oooo!!!! (though i have people on the queue) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i don't know what i am looking for in Philly sef, after my school i will relocate, this place is so boring. cool cool cool cool
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 11:16pm On Feb 10, 2012
moremi2008:

There should be a certified pre-owned program for wives! This will remove the information asymmetry and reduce marriage transaction costs. A wife that has already been tried and tested as a sane, drama-free, and good wife would be very valuable these days to people like Sagamugu, even if the woman is in her late thirties.  grin grin grin grin grin

So Ronke, if Mr Ronke fcks up, Shagamumu is waiting for you with wide-open arms where you will spend the rest of your life washing bathrooms and eating ponmo!  grin

You are a cretin!

Are we suppose to be impressed you know people that attend UPenn/Wharton, when you are a hoodrat that can never get to such places?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
Aunty Ile-Oba, who burned down your house? Are you now prettier than before?  

Fine girl from the womb man! Omo to shan like me! grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 11:21pm On Feb 10, 2012
ronkebp:

Oh !!! Moremi, your case has no cure, lol, now, who says i am in my late thirties, (big jonsing) my marraige is just 2 yrs old and i did not marry in my thirties either,  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue not that i am declaring my age oooo, been living before the world was created. wink wink

While would i want to go for Sagalulu, when mr Ronke bleeps up, who says i really need another man, i don't pray for bleep up either, it is me and my hubby, no rival oooo!!!! (though i have people on the queue) lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i don't know what i am looking for in Philly sef, after my school i will relocate, this place is so boring. cool cool cool cool

What are you studying @ UPenn? Husbandry? I knew it! Lemme go ask a couple of my buddies if they know anybody called Ronke and if she really is as hot as she says she is. I visited Philly once a few years ago; never again. Hate that place!  grin

ps - i'll also get on the queue if you send me a sexy pic!  grin

Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

Are we suppose to be impressed you know people that attend UPenn/Wharton, when you are a hoodrat that can never get to such places?

Nothing impressive about UPenn/Wharton shagamum. If you're impressed, then I feel sorry for you.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 11:24pm On Feb 10, 2012
ileobatojo:

Fine girl from the womb man! Omo to shan like me! grin grin grin

Say it ain't so! Tell me more! Do you have pics?! Seeing is believing oh, in this day and age! I wanna fly you to the moon and buy you a mansion in Ikire village! grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 11:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
moremi2008:

Nothing impressive about UPenn/Wharton shagamum. If you're impressed, then I feel sorry for you.

You are a cretin!

It is way beyond the reach of community college cretins like you.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

It is way beyond the reach of community college cretins like you.

That same Wharton? Hahaha! grin grin grin grin grin Did you apply and get rejected? WTF? Wharton rejected the brilliant, above-average IQ Sagamu when they admit half-baked Lagos bankers every year? shocked shocked shocked shocked LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

If an ordinary UBA branch manager can get into Wharton, then it's a damn shame that you couldn't. Like I said earlier, nothing impressive about Wharton. Now, go play with your mates!

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (36) (Reply)

Wife Catches Her Husband Cheating, Throws Out His Belongings / Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? / Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.