Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? (38382 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2012
...pls delete

1 Like

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by maddock(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2012
There is something lots of folks don't understood, ROR employs staff and even pay morre than most of the so called companies you know. So the question is how do they get these monies for salaries for their staffs. Okay you want to ask what about the tithes and offerings? Someone right pointed out the different sattelite tvs how do they fund them? Have you ever seen mtn,glo or etisalat advert on loveworld plus or sat? Its only ignorant folks that would ask silly questions like the op,but I want you to know that thousands of people earn their livelihood from the ministry ie they work and are being paid salaries at the end of the month just like you and I. Moreover these ones also have families that they take care of. Its even advaantageuos to work for the ministry because there is no such thing as retrenchment or salarry cut there.
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by pinkrex(m): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2012
Very soon some ediots will begin 2 question how God was created'cos they use their brains'. Why do some stingy fools believe everyone z a scam? They virtually attack all the Pastors irrationally in criticisms. Same devils would accuse pastors of using church money ostentialy and would still fault the ones that owns private business 2 keep up. What exactly d op's ish when he is not scammed by the scheme? Either way if pst. Chris owns d printing firm or not, money would b still spent. I think youll b very useful in stalking bokoharam 2 knw who supplies them fake explosives! Let go and let God abeg, Or prevent u n ur house hold 4rm falling victims!
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by sammyke(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2012
i no dey there o
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by Goshen360(m): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2012
You accepted false prophets because you have not accepted the true Prophet. You follow false teachers and their false teachings because you are not a true follower of the TRUE Teacher and His TRUE teachings. You dont know how to test ALL spirits that is why you follow every winds of docrtines. You follow fasle christ because you dont know the real Christ. Am not judging but I'm just saying, Study and reading the word are not the same. Open the bible for yourself and study the deep things of God. There is false christ among us and yet, everybody is claiming to be true. Only by the deep study can reveal the fasle teachings.
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2012
...pls delete
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by babeface3: 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2012
I dont think theres any profit made on the book. the price has remained static for a long tyme
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by suckcybay: 4:49pm On Feb 07, 2012
Critics die young, they don’t go far, and how someone will open is mouth to abuse a man of God or say something wrong about a man of God. I am very sorry for all of you that are commenting wrongly about a Man of God. This same Rhapsody of Realities changes my life and many others life and the book is still changing life’s all over the world. I know it’s the devil that prompts you to post this rubbish because he is not happy about the book. You people have not seen anything yet more people are still going to use their money to sponsor Rhapsody and this will shame you and your boss (devil)

Repent from this if you want to live long.
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by davidzfarm(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2012
The problem with you people is that you have too much time. The church members are not complaining and instead of getting ripped off, they are getting blessed by the seconds. the natural man can never understand spiritual things because it will never make sense, imagine when you pay ur tithes and offering, the natural man thinks its 10% reduction but God said its an open heaven. May God open ur eyes of understanding. i was once blind but now i can see.
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by Toks2008(m): 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2012
I have been a strong member of the Haven in christ embassy before i left the church.

I CAN SAY WITH ALL CONFIDENCE THAT R.O.R IS A BIG SCAM.

Yes the teachings are very ok and i recommend that every one interested in understanding the indepth teachings of GOD should buy it but the truth behind the giving out of these books, i can say its a real sad tale.

You need to know how the pastors and workers take this issue of rhapsody books so seriously that nothing else matters and not even the welfare of the members matter.

The biggest scam is the independence day edition where members are compelled to buy so so much to give out to people whule Pastor chris enjoys the profits accrued from printing these books since the printing company belongs to him.

I am not here to bring down any pastor but the truth must be said.

1 Like

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 5:41pm On Feb 07, 2012
ok, some posts here have provoked me to respond. before anyone goes off on a tangent attacking my religion or possiblde lack of, lemme lay it straight here. am a christian. was born one and intend to remain one till die.

however, Ii cannot join certain people in blindly defending pastors and their churches. if you look into the lives of our contemporary spiritual leaders, you'll find fewer and fewer factors that draw parallels between their lives and the life of Jesus. Remember what Jesus said to the rich man that came asking to be saved? sell all your belongings or give them away and follow me. how many of our pastors can do that, sell and give away their properties and keep their eyes only on him. remember what Jesus said about a rich man and a needle's eye. don't you think pastors of today with all the wealth they parade qualify for a screening by this statement.
Ii advocate something about christianity and it is that christians should be objective in their religion, though not in their faith. My pastor and yours are human beings. they get tempted as well like the rest of us and can lie, like the rest of us to perpetrate or cover up wrong doing. no, i'm not saying you should start insulting your pastor, no. am just saying you don't put blind faith in him. it surprises me how people are more willing to defend their pastors than the tenets of their religion.

one thing must point out is that, distributing rhapsody free is notmpossible. gsaf distribute the word for today completely free. the gideons bible is also distributed free. am not asking the CEC to stop selling their Rhapsody. Just pointing out to those that claim that free distribution is impossible that it is not just possible but that there are people actively doing it everyday.

1 Like

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by davidzfarm(m): 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2012
none christians are free to write whatever, but i take exception to christian who can't dig deep, i was once a muslim and this same thing you consider as scam has turned my life around. the bible ask us to cast the bread upon the water and find it after many days and not to see how the process the bread will go through, i was in sa last year and this man of god is on fire everywhere, pls you are not forced to pay for the book. the people who are paying are not complaining. remember, there is he that scattereth and increaseth.

1 Like

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by Toks2008(m): 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2012
davidzfarm:

The problem with you people is that you have too much time. The church members are not complaining and instead of getting ripped off, they are getting blessed by the seconds. the natural man can never understand spiritual things because it will never make sense, imagine when you pay ur tithes and offering, the natural man thinks its 10% reduction but God said its an open heaven. May God open ur eyes of understanding. i was once blind but now i can see.

My brother you are right.

when it  comes to giving, i love doing that and infact that is the ministry i operate in.

As a giver, i love giving my tithe/offereings/seds in general to christian organisations involved in genuine humanitarian duties like the 700club/TBN and other cgurches really doing the work of the missionaries.

I don't bother myself giving towards building bsiness centres in the name of Churches or to pastors who fly jets while members are so impoverished.

The Bible says the poor we will always have amongst us nevertheless the bible encourages us to help the poor but look around you and see wat is going on inchurches.

I am looking forward to seng a church that will be so commisted to helping the jobless in their midst giving them soft loans to start a reasonavle business but all they tell them is to give give and give. We see many innocent children dying due to lack of funds to do an expensive operation and we have churches with criminals as pastors all around.

If every church in Nigeria operates a joint account with say 3 pastors as signatories depositing just 1000naira every month from every denomination branches scattered all over the country and using this money to fund critical medical operations of Nigerians who have no money and also start an empoerment programs to help the poor in starting a good business, i believe the world will be a better place.

Please lets wise up, what we have in N igeria are criminals in the name of pastors charging a fee from people who want to worship for new year's eve service using over crowding as excuse GOSH! some Men of GOD are just criminals.

1 Like

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by silibaba: 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2012
oleku ;d ;d ;d
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by inedi: 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2012
I will simply say that Rhapsody Of Reality is not a scam, it has actualy blessed millions all around the world, it's the first most circulated daily devotional all over the world after the Bible, it has a web sit, I will like you to visit that sit, and hear testimonies of what this book is doing in the life's of people. Www.rhapsodyofrealities.org
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by mabell: 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2012
davidzfarm:

Amen
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by OmoTier1(m): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
We have heard all of these before! Spirit that dwells in the poster of this thread must be an evil spirit. Howelse can you see a book that has changed lives from Nigeria to China, From USA to Pakistan! Come to Norwich prison in the UK, they have a big testimony of ROR, how that very messenger angel has turned lives around! Only a man working in tandem with the devil will see such good works being done and yet critize it!

@Grey, I told you yesterday,, only time will reveal who you truly are!!!, May God in His mercy fetch you,

Millions of ROR are distributed every month and during street evangelism, ROR is given out for FREE, do you have any idea at all how much it cost to produce a quality print like ROR and yet sell it for less than £3 Go to W.H.Smith and see how much a quality print magazines or less worth sell for!

I tell you this, the madman whose life was changed when He picked an old copy of ROR from the bin in Jo'burgh, S/A would perhaps see you as an unworthy to live individual.

You have a serious problem with money. Your spirit is a stingy spirit and you are a poor soul in real life, hence the reason you can not stand others who have money, ULTIMATELY, you are innately a jealous soul and you can not know true prosperity and joy unless you allow God's word and His spirit cleanse you with open heart!
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by Enigma(m): 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
. . . see you as an unworthy to live individual.

Go kill am now! Or do it "spiritually"; send a 'curse' or 'prayer' or something!

cool

1 Like

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by OmoTier1(m): 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2012
Enigma:

Go kill am now! Or do it "spiritually"; send a 'curse' or 'prayer' or something!

cool
I know where you stand, so I would not engage you in any discussion beyond this reply 'cos it would be like explaining the death, and ressurection of Jesus to Satan!
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by crossman9(m): 7:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
embarassed
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by Enigma(m): 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

I know where you stand, so I would not engage you in any discussion beyond this reply 'cos it would be like explaining the death, and ressurection of Jesus to Satan!

Goooo kill am!!!!! Use your CEC "spirit"; flex your "ginosko" muscles on the "nepios"!  smiley

cool

1 Like

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2012
Who told u tithes & offerings r used in printing them? Guy, the ministry has arms & not everything mixes up like u think. The material itself is a wonderful.
If they repeat something 4rm 6yrs back don't you think refreshing wht u knew is alright? Moreover u use the same arithmetic over & over yet no one is complaining. If u hv issues with your spirituality please sort it out & let people who have been blessed by the material truly be.
By the way OP methinks u r a dolt
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by Toks2008(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2012
inedi:

I will simply say that Rhapsody Of Reality is not a scam, it has actualy blessed millions all around the world, it's the first most circulated daily devotional all over the world after the Bible, it has a web sit, I will like you to visit that sit, and hear testimonies of what this book is doing in the life's of people. Www.rhapsodyofrealities.org

We need to understand the context of the termmScam the original poster meant.

The message in the book is life changing and please we all need to understand that but the truth is that IT IS NOT FREE.

Members pay for it and you need to see how serious the issue of Rhapsody books aquisition by members is taken so seriously even above the welfare of the members who pay for these copies.

Ok let me bore you a little"
I happen to be one of the Haven mebers which are known to be financiers of the big projects embacked upon by CEC  and buying a specific number of copies on a monthly basis is a non negotiable duty of every member.

Precisely in 2010 febuary, i was robbed in my apartment and good sum of money was stolen from me with lots of valuables.

I shared this occurence with my fellow Haven members and not even one of them asked me afterwards how i fared but they were quick to remind me of my monthly pledge of a certain number of copies i usually buy monthly.

Ok let me draw you further back.

In 2001, i had a terrible accident which left me with a spinal cord injury and before then, i have been a strong member of same Haven giving good donations to foster the evangelism activities in the church but believe me, not even N100 was giving to me or any physical aid was so ever but shortly after i got back in shape and continued my membership, we were asked to donate hge sum to buy a car for the pastor of that branch. So sad.

So when you see me write this way, don't think i am against the gospel the ROR conveys but believe me, these pastors which includes most of these so called pentecostal churches are very self centered and money driven rather than the word of GOD

The ROR is been paid for by members and believe it or not, some profits are made from the printing which makes it a profit making venture so the scam in this is making the public believe its a free gift whereas members are COMPELLED to buy these copies in huge quantity.

The point im making is this and please understand me: What are churches doing for the poor in their midst when we have pastors living in affluence?

1 Like

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by mystikal(m): 8:22pm On Feb 07, 2012
Still struggling to see where the scam actually is
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by maddock(m): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2012
@last poster. Do u tink u r better than those people who were shot dead by stray bullets during robbery attacks or those that died in accidents that are very minor. A cousin of mine died in a very "petty" manner two okada riders arguing who would carry her and she fell and hit her head. So the fact that u survived those 2 incidents should only but tell you one thing that your seeds are working for you. If you are really a member of haven like you claim and you listen to the messages that your leaders teaches you then you would definitely have known better. Do u think Pastor Chris started like this,have you not listened to Pastor talking about how it was in the beginning.A poor man would forever remain poor no matter the help you give to him. Am not saying everybody in CEC especially some of the pastors are perfect but we are all striving towards perfection. Am a very serious and sold out member of CEC at times I put my hands on my head on some actions of some pastors in the ministry but come to think of it. If out of 12 disciple walking with Jesus one could betray him (our Lorrd Jesus)for 30 mare pieces of silver then who are we that we can't err.I always tell people wen u give ur money in the church don't see it that u are giving it to a man or else there won't be any reward.
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by dare2think: 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

We have heard all of these before! Spirit that dwells in the poster of this thread must be an evil spirit. Howelse can you see a book that has changed lives from Nigeria to China, From USA to Pakistan! Come to Norwich prison in the UK, they have a big testimony of ROR, how that very messenger angel has turned lives around! Only a man working in tandem with the devil will see such good works being done and yet critize it!

@Grey, I told you yesterday,,  only time will reveal who you truly are!!!, May God in His mercy fetch you,

Millions of ROR are distributed every month and during street evangelism, ROR is given out for FREE,  do you have any idea at all how much it cost to produce a quality print like ROR and yet sell it for less than £3 Go to W.H.Smith and see how much a quality print magazines or less worth sell for!

I tell you this, the madman whose life was changed when He picked an old copy of ROR from the bin in Jo'burgh, S/A would perhaps see you as an unworthy to live individual.

You have a serious problem with money. Your spirit is a stingy spirit and you are a poor soul in real life, hence the reason you can not stand others who have money, ULTIMATELY, you are innately a jealous soul and you can not know true prosperity and joy unless you allow God's word and His spirit cleanse you with open heart!

STFU !!!!!

Bunch of fraudulent individuals defending a fraudulent activity perpetuated by a charlatan.  Who and where is the 'mad man' whose life was changed in s/a, who the hell are these mugs that think they can feed us bananas as though we are part of their congregation. Tell your 'unverifiable' stories to those silly enough to believe them.

So, what about 'Norwich prison'?? Do you know how many inmates Islam has changed too? both positively and negatively.

Who the hell are you to insinuate someone as 'unworthy to live'? Is that what Jesus taught you?? When people question your ministries industry's affairs, you mugs get all worked up and attach penury or jealousy as the catalyst. It only shows how selfish you are that all you are concerned about is what you can get or how you can pay your way to blessings.

Unfortunately for your kind, success is not limited to Christ Embassy or Christianity for that matter. Prosperity a natural phenomena that applies to everybody, Muslim, pagan, sikh, catholics and Christians.  

You or your fraudulent pastor hold no special access to anything.

2 Likes

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by maddock(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2012
At times I wonder from the hateful comments from some of us,
if it is advisable to fund the activities of Boko haram than ROR.buncha of pharises,couldntses and wouldntses.
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by crossman9(m): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2012
:-x
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by crossman9(m): 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2012
I hate my rhapsody because it told me lies 

Well the this book come into my life it has been called a messenger angel a best friend but it would describe it as a work of the enemy this is how I first come into contact with Christ embassy through a school teacher in London who is not on TV she seemed nice she love the fact I knew the bible very well in fact she was shocked she have me marked down as biblically illiterate and was shock to find I was well versed in the teaching of the bible a little more the average bear in the woods so she start to give me these little books call the rhapsody of realties I put them in the bin and under the computer desk I was arrogant in my thinking I thought what could it teach me and the woman start give it the woman I was in a relationship with she was reading it on her own and I was more interested in getting a woman who deeply loved me giving me breathing room I will tell you this not I was blind to the love this woman had and I was sent to teach the bible but I was more into the flesh than the word of God if I was living for God I would have not lost her to this cult called Christ embassy

she gone now they took the most angelic woman I have ever meet and turned her into fruit and nuttier bar as I have said before this book changed our life for ever my life ended after going to Christ embassy and I was born again into a new purpose to live and expose the church with all my might and power see as time went on I thought I was the only one who was damaged with church but over time I come across other people in the city where I live now who live was also destroyed with them I become more angry with the church on hearing there story as well it was not the same as my story but it was shocking similar story one of my friend wife left after going to the church the members started to tell his wife he was not right where in fact he was nice man this was because they thought she owned prosperity the man was doing an engineering degree he brought his wife over to the UK and she was lonely  so she meet some people from Christ embassy so as they worked on her she moved in with the church people and they told her to leave him he was not abusing her or anything like this he did not agree with church teaching just like me he was so angry he even wanted to blow the church up with a bomb but he was talking  out of this  he is over the pain caused here but he was told this was not Christian and he had a good think about it he relented on this course of action?
I was that angry myself I was going to “kill Pastor Chris” and I have the skills to do it? but it would be against Gods law after the intense pain

went done I thought about a better way to fight him and not loss my soul and my life so I start to renew my mind with the bible and am still doing it; so I now fighting for all the people that are in pain and suffering because of Christ embassy see if you want to win a war you must have recon on the enemy that uses mass media with glim and glamor of wealth to entice the simple there is a case I am working on the now with a person who has husband in the church in the UK and they are doing the same thing to a person he wants to leave his wife who does not agree with the church they have slept in separate beds for 2 years since he started going to the church in fact this is no simple man he is in politics so this church in infiltrating to the highest to the lows in our society

I am sad my friend I contacted when I found her husband wants to leave her for the church and she is the most honest person you could ever meet she is almost childlike in personality she was telling me that the husband sees some corruption in the church he rebuked a member for driving without insurance and tax and the reason was she was told you should pay tithes first before all your personal bills he told the woman that if don’t get insurance he would go to the police now more people say ok I am sorry I’ll get it sorted and this woman is white not African and the answer is this from the pastor we shall bind the spirits he said should you not give to “Tiberius Caesar Augustus” which is Caesar and give to God which is Gods meaning obey the law of the land they prayed

against him for trying to do the right things instead of repenting of their evil actions, he was very angry this is the same church that tried to get me arrested for recording it this same pastor was the one that destroyed my friends marriage who is in Nigeria now what should have happened was all the people should have had got together and said lets pay the bill but no the man who does the right thing is the devil and full of evil spirits ?
Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by crossman9(m): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2012
in ten mins i will start posting all the false teaching this fallen angel called rhapsody

1 Like

Re: Is Rhapsody Of Realities Really A Scam? by maddock(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
Abeg @consultant take all these jobless people to qatar to go and do very hard manuallabour so dat they won't have this excess strenght to talk ill of my Pastor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Church Sends Man Letter For Refusing To Pay Dues / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Mbaka At The Innoson Kiara Academy Nnewi Graduation Of Ex Militants (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.