Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day (9573 Views)

Top 10 Categories Of People That Won't Bother About Valentine's Day / The Plain Truth About Valentine's Day: / But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by cold(m): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2012
Got this from a friend  grin
VALS DAY CANCELLED IN NIGERIA:Men have agreed to engage in indoor fasting and prayer through feb 12th to 16th 2012 in Nig so we can pray against Boko haram!Ladies are advised to visit their parents and other family members to spend valentine's day with them after all they are loved ones as well.we wish you all a happy valentine's day celebration in advance, talk to you after 16th of Feb.Thanks for your usual co,
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by ARareGem(f): 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2012
There is no big deal about Val's day? If you don't want to celebrate it, then don't. If you want to, then do it-for the 'right reasons' and with common sense. Funny thread.

PS: Guys remember your bank accounts.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by joanana(f): 12:02pm On Feb 02, 2012
ARareGem:

There is no big deal about Val's day? If you don't want to celebrate it, then don't. If you want to, then do it-for the 'right reasons' and with common sense. Funny thread.

PS: Guys remember your bank accounts.

True talk
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by 9janinja1(f): 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2012
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2012
Yeye topic!!

Am i d only one dah thinks nairaland is becomin boring diz dais??
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Jibson999(m): 12:06pm On Feb 02, 2012
lol^^
Frosti:

Because of Valentine's day you wont call her? You think valentines day is just for exchange of gifts? Wrong! It is not. You can express your love to her on that day by getting flowers and also writing love messages for your special someone.
gals generally xpects gifts & oda stuffs, which gal on n/land go appreciate flower
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by ARareGem(f): 12:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
Jibson999:

lol^^gals generally xpects gifts & oda stuffs, which gal on n/land go appreciate flower

Different strokes for different people.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by tinkinjo: 12:20pm On Feb 02, 2012
Impressive! Surely we don't have babes with such views around. Keeping an eye for you!                                               Guys what the fuse? Just imagine with babes like this our problems will be lessened.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Jibson999(m): 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2012
ARareGem:

Different strokes for different people.
yep. so u prefer a bunch of roses, i tot dat only happens in holly & bollywood.hmmmmmm lyk ur name states rare GEM
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by kpolli(m): 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2012
I agree with the poster
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Dyt(f): 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
^ wat ll u say b4
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by kpolli(m): 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^ Let's get married
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by badmrkt(m): 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
my girl told me she would love a treat @one of the most expensive ranches in the state,spend  night @one of the most xpensiv hotels.
what the fvck does she think so doing?ain't this robbing in disguise?
some real arse broke niggas will think i'm as broke as em' all,but i ain't broke just being economical with my resourses.
fvck VAL and whoever dreamt of it's exsitence!!!!!
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by WebSurfer(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
OP, why do you care when you dont give a F.uck, , i dont care about it though but at least you should leave it to those that care to show their love that day, to me its just another normal day, but if you are so sad about that, get a man who truly loves you, and what the HEck are you tryna show off saying you get gifts , blablablabla, whos biz is that?
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by dbride: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2012
@Killz. You have said it all.  In this world, there are the foolish ones, the clueless and the wise ones. It is a choice, which group have you chosen? Enjoy urself in there anyhow. LOL
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by BodyKiss(m): 1:22pm On Feb 02, 2012
Rocki baby, are you aging fast or is it just your pic? I can make out time for fnck, no gift attached.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by james1(m): 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2012
Hi.
The gurls should do the spending this time around or they can forget it.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by honeric01(m): 1:39pm On Feb 02, 2012
Ojukwu's day must be celebrated too because he fought for the emancipation of the igbo clan

Also Awolowo's day too because he fought for the plights of the western region.

Rubbish, so because one "father" was killed because he wedded a couple, we should celebrate that as a love day rather than a mourning day?

MISPLACED PRIORITY, I AM NOT A CATHOLIC SO WHY SHOULD I CELEBRATE A CATHOLIC'S MAN-MADE FESTIVAL? funny enough the father no like punny, yet they join people together to dey take and receive dik and punny, rubbish!!! you nor dey smoke but you dey sell cigar give people dey smoke.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by larvish(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
Wrist-Watch is always a good choice for the Valentine’s Day. It is much more than a piece of jewelry. He/She  will wear it every day, as a perfect reminder of special Valentine. That watch will become an integral part of there image and life-
style and its value will grow day by day.
You will surely find a perfect Luxury ladies and gentlemens wrist-watches if you bbm 211BC261 or Cal 08185383439, Thank you.

Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by BABE3: 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2012
Big deal about Valentine's Day? It's lovers' day. It's a day to celebrate the romantic connection between lovers, so of course it's gonna be a huge deal. We are humans. The number one thing humans want before any other, is being accepted; feeling of being loved by another person/ a group of people.

Leaving one day out of the year to celebrate and rekindle love is not a bad idea.

And the hype? Of course it's gonna be hyped. People love surprises (especially from people they love and vice versa). Most people love looking forward to getting a present. Most people love having alone times with their significant other and falling in love all over again.

I can't believe I had to explain this sh1t.

Nigerians and their yeye ways.

Who the french complains about valentine's day?  grin

One song comes to mind-----

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2ssT8lzj8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="[/flash]
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by strongguy(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2012
feeling like being hooked up to someone but hmmmmm
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
honeric01:

Ojukwu's day must be celebrated too because he fought for the emancipation of the igbo clan

Also Awolowo's day too because he fought for the plights of the western region.

Rubbish, so because one "father" was killed because he wedded a couple, we should celebrate that as a love day rather than a mourning day?

MISPLACED PRIORITY, I AM NOT A CATHOLIC SO WHY SHOULD I CELEBRATE A CATHOLIC'S MAN-MADE FESTIVAL? funny enough the father no like punny, yet they join people together to dey take and receive dik and punny,  rubbish!!! you nor dey smoke but you dey sell cigar give people dey smoke.
Chei! grin grin grin Nigga, you iss wucked! grin grin

You forgot Fela Day! grin grin grin
LMAO @ "funny enough the father no like punny" grin grin grin grin
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by honeric01(m): 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
~Killz~:

Chei! grin grin grin Nigga, you iss wucked! grin grin

You forgot Fela Day! grin grin grin
LMAO @ "funny enough the father no like punny" grin grin grin grin

I just weak jare, come and see guy's eyes around 15th of February, the desperation for their eyes to make back all they have lost in the process of bribing their women just to taste punny unlimited for one day "all contents allowed to be taken away for that day". condoms sales go go up, drinks up, cigar up, drugs up, in few weeks time na abortion here and there, JUNK!
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Nosyke(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2012
larvish:

Wrist-Watch is always a good choice for the Valentine’s Day. It is much more than a piece of jewelry. He/She  will wear it every day, as a perfect reminder of special Valentine. That watch will become an integral part of there image and life-
style and its value will grow day by day.
You will surely find a perfect Luxury ladies and gentlemens wrist-watches if you bbm 211BC261 or Cal 08185383439,  Thank you.

Valentine ripping Sales
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^
Yo mehn! I said something similar in an earlier comment! Anyway make them carry on! But if i see any thread wey person dey complain say im fall mugu ehn. . . Na die! grin
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by BABE3: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2012
honeric01:

I just weak jare, come and see guy's eyes around 15th of February, the desperation for their eyes to make back all they have lost in the process of bribing their women just to taste punny unlimited for one day "all contents allowed to be taken away for that day". condoms sales go go up, drinks up, cigar up, drugs up, in few weeks time na abortion here and there,  JUNK!

Fellow moderator, you've witnessed too many kerosene-backgrounded/Firewood backgrounded/Pure water backgrouded/mgbeke-themed valentine's day. cheesy

Are you celebrating valentine's day?
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by jaybee3(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2012
Dunno but i sure wanna know so when you are finally able to know please don't forget to let me know
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by honeric01(m): 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2012
BABE!:

Fellow moderator, you've witnessed too many kerosene-backgrounded/Firewood backgrounded/Pure water backgrouded/mgbeke-themed valentine's day. cheesy

Are you celebrating valentine's day?

Until there's an honeric's day grin
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by eghost247(m): 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
just another day
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by gendebs(m): 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
valentine's day is nt compulsory nobody is forcing anyone to do it. If you believe in it go out with your love ones and enjoy the day, if you don't sit back at home and watch NTA or STV.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by youngdee168(m): 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2012
To me o, dia is notin special abt val day, every oda day can still do, besides true luv is scarce.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2012
But why would any1 not wanna show love in sum way to their partner/loved onez on this day?
Surely, if u claim u show love every oda day and no need for one day to be set aside, the only difference now(Val Day) is dat u are showin luv alongside so many other people across the world. Why not?  undecided undecided 

Doesnt make sense really.
If u claim u love him/her, shud u not b grateful and excited about 14th of feb?
A day set for the whole world to share love with their loved ones.
I mean without LOVE, can u imagine how life wud be?  undecided

Really and truely, all arguments against 14th of feb is very weak to be honest. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Choi :o Seee Breast!!! Exclusive Photos From World Nobraday / Breast Or Butts: Which One Attract You Most / What Women Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.