Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day (9572 Views)

Top 10 Categories Of People That Won't Bother About Valentine's Day / The Plain Truth About Valentine's Day: / But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by jaybee3(m): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2012
chi-baby:

But why would any1 not wanna show love in sum way to their partner/loved onez on this day if u claim u show love every oda day and no need for one day to be set aside??  undecided undecided 

Doesnt make sense really.
If u claim u love him/her, shud u not b grateful and excited about 14th of feb?
A day set for a the whole world to share love with their loved ones.
I mean without LOVE, can u imagine how life wud be?  undecided

Really and truely, all arguments against 14th of feb is very weak to be honest. .
Very simple, do i have to wait for a single day outta 365 days to show you i reallllyyyyyyyyy love you?
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by MrsChima1(f): 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2012
Valentine Day isn't a big deal nor important to me. I do not knock those who celebrates it. Do you.

I always said Valentine Day is the day many lonely and unwanted individuals commit suicide and many couples commit murder.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by MrsChima1(f): 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
jay bee:

Very simple, do i have to wait for a single day outta 365 days to show you i reallllyyyyyyyyy love you?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2012
jay bee:

Well No + dat day too. How bwt dat? But it gives u a chance to show me u reallly love me if u mayb slacked in sum way
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

Valentine Day isn't a big deal nor important to me. I do not knock those who celebrates it. Do you.

[size=15pt]I always said Valentine Day is the day many lonely and unwanted individuals commit suicide and many couples commit murder. [/size]

+567. . .
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by jaybee3(m): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2012
chi-baby:

Well No + dat day too. How bwt dat? But it gives u a chance to show me u reallly love me if u mayb slacked in sum way
You are basically implying it's ok for me to slack for 364 days as long as i make it up to you on Vals day?

PS: I'm not against exchanging gifts or romantic dinners or what not but what i frown upon is the level of importance that's attached to the common day
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2012
jay bee:

You are basically implying it's ok for me to slack for 364 days as long as i make it up to you on Vals day?

PS: I'm not against exchanging gifts or romantic dinners or what not but what i frown upon is the level of importance that's attached to the common day

Nope I am not implying dat. I sed mayb u slacked the oda days as ur argument was leading towards 'Love shud be shown everyday' which you and I know aint possible. We human beings. We slack. But why would u not want a day set aside to show love if u claim u shud show love everyday?

Well wat do u expect from a Worldwide Celebration?! Ofcourse it will be hyped. Its like Christmas for those who celebrate it Or New year's day. They are world wide celebrations so they are much talked about
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 3:56pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^
You actually need to be reminded to show special love, you need a day devoted to love before you show that love? And for crying out loud, will you people STOP comparing New year and Christmas to Val's day? If the 14th of FEB was so gawddam important and "special", why o why is it not declared as a public holiday worldwide, just like Christmas day and New year is? undecided

Duh! You didnt think of that, did you? Haha!
tongue tongue
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2012
^Well sweetheart its not a reminder darling. Why would any1 need a reminder to show love, lmaoo  grin cheesy cheesy
Well the fact dat its not declared a public holiday still doesnt erase the fact that its a worldwide celebration.
You will hear it on the news, Yow will read it on the newspaper, You will see on the internet, etc.

Get with it! Dnt b a sado  grin  lipsrsealed
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2012
LMAO @ Sado! Because i vehemently refuse to follow crowd mentality? Smh!
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by zolzlolz(f): 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2012
Four pages later. What's going to happen after Valentine's Day? Is this argument going to start again next year?
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2012
~Killz~:

LMAO @ Sado! Because i vehemently refuse to follow crowd mentality? Smh!

Well a person must be sad over sad not to want to express their love on the basis dat the fuss attached to da day is too much? Lyk seriously?! Mayb u dnt love ur partner or u simply dnt have one are the reasons for this kinda attitude undecided
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^
zolzloz. You know, some people are shown love only once a year, a kind of spur of the moment reflex action. So next year, is the next time love will come their way. . . grin
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by okeyscrib(m): 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2012
Just a day like every other days
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by zolzlolz(f): 5:06pm On Feb 02, 2012
@killz. Lol, you are too much!
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 5:06pm On Feb 02, 2012
~Killz~:

^^^
zolzloz. You know, some people are shown love only once a year, a kind of spur of the moment reflex action. So next year, is the next time love will come their way. . . grin

Lol is dat ur situation? Eyy yaa. . .chaiii . . God is still on the throne u hear  tongue
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2012
Well a person must be sad over sad not to want to express their love on the basis dat the fuss attached to da day is too much?     Lyk seriously?! Mayb u dnt love ur partner or u simply dnt have one are the reasons for this kinda attitude undecided
Shake my head! I express my love EVERYDAY! I dont wait for the 14th of FEB to do so! Is that so hard to understand? LMAO @ "Mayb u dnt love ur partner or u simply dnt have one". . .  grin grin That was funny! I refused to be bothered by a day that'll be chaotic and crowded at every fast food joint, Movie theater, beach or what have you. . . Places i go to for relaxation with her on a normal day, i should still dust my arse and carry her along because if i dont do so means she's not special to me? Or that because i refuse to buy her a gift on that day - gifts she receives on a regular basis- therefore means i dont love my partner? I just slapped myself from laughter! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Konjour(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2012
Well,first things first,anybody can claim to celebrate anything or not on the internet,

But it all boils down to individual preferences. If you feel you'd like to celebrate val's

day,freaking go ahead and do so (I probably will,and something tells me so will some of

of our fellas on here who say they won't.) That's just the way the bubbles drift.

Nevertheless,if you feel you a'int game for the val sizzle,you're free to take a hike and

bounce from the party unbarred. Its a free world,y'all. Oui?
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 5:54pm On Feb 02, 2012
~Killz~:

Shake my head! I express my love EVERYDAY! I dont wait for the 14th of FEB to do so! Is that so hard to understand? LMAO @ "Mayb u dnt love ur partner or u simply dnt have one". . .  grin grin That was funny! I refused to be bothered by a day that'll be chaotic and crowded at every fast food joint, Movie theater, beach or what have you. . . Places i go to for relaxation with her on a normal day, i should still dust my arse and carry her along because if i dont do so means she's not special to me? Or that because i refuse to buy her a gift on that day - gifts she receives on a regular basis- therefore means i dont love my partner? I just slapped myself from laughter! grin grin grin grin grin

So if u show love everyday, why are u protesting about Vals day??  undecided It means u still gna show love on the 14th of feb! Which in turn means u celebrate it indirectly luv. smiley It doesnt mean couples dnt express their love and wait upon 14th of feb. C'mon use ur head!  tongue 

It doesnt even make sense. U express ur love everyday so u will express it on 14th feb so U celebrate Vals day. Y'll jus ignorant. U all one of us! muhahahahah  grin grin
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Cuddlemii: 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2012
Valentine's day is a big deal and also not a big deal depending on individuality and what works for you, me and them.

Some couples celebrate vals everyday of their lives. Some are too busy that they can only make out a day to express their love for each other.

Some even celebrate it everyday subconsciously that they don't know it. That simple I love you told to a lover any time you wake beside them makes is a valentine day as its special & spontaneous.

That assistance you render to your lover in times of need is Valentine. That shoulder your partner cries on and gets refuge & comfort from is valentine. That love making that made you climax, got your heart beating and you smiling everyday is valentine to the fullest.

That "thank you for a good meal, thank you for the love, thank you for the tie, thank you for being there", are all valentine compliant. Those gifts you took time, effort and resources to get no matter how little or minor it is, is part of valentine because it wasn't planned, it didn't have to wait for Feb 14 to be given out but it was given out of love, not compelled or forced but genuinely from the heart.

Every memorable moment spent with your loved ones is valentine. That your loved one slept and woke up the next day is enough to be thankful and appreciative without waiting for valentine's day. That you even have a lover or partner is enough to be thankful because some wish they had or can't even keep the one they have.

That being said, there is also nothing wrong in officiating all that mixed feelings, emotions, kind gestures and happiness on one day, its just for fun and a way to officially express what you do everyday. Its not compulsory though its just mere formality.

1 Like

Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2012
So if u show love everyday, why are u protesting about Vals day?? undecided It means u still gna show love on the 14th of feb! Which in turn means u celebrate it indirectly luv. smiley It doesnt mean couples dnt express their love and wait upon 14th of feb. C'mon use ur head! tongue

It doesnt even make sense. U express ur love everyday so u will express it on 14th feb so U celebrate Vals day. Y'll jus ignorant. U all one of us! muhahahahah grin grin

Showing love everyday, and setting aside a day to show love, do they by any means -intentionally or unintentionally- sound alike? Smh! If Feb 14 doesnt mean couples dont express their love and wait upon 14th of February, so what's the point? This is the point of Feb 14, incase you missed it earlier:

"Valentine day is a special day dedicated to making a lot of sales from clueless people who only love their partners once a year, a day to observe people who think they are in love because of Feb 14th, a day blackberry dealers will smile to the bank, because foolish ones choose that day to show love by buying a phone for a girl who doesnt give a rat's arse about them, a day fast food joints will make highest amount of sales in the year because foolish ones believe love is all about fried rice and chicken, ice cream and meat pie, cakes and chocolate biscuits, a day to be extravagant, a day married men will cheat on their spouses, a day a lot of girls will stupidly lose their virginity because a guy said "i love you". . . A day i dont give a fcck about!"
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2012

That assistance you render to your lover in times of need is Valentine. That shoulder your partner cries on and gets refuge & comfort from is valentine. That love making that made you climax, got your heart beating and you smiling everyday is valentine to the fullest.

That "thank you for a good meal, thank you for the love, thank you for the tie, thank you for being there", are all valentine compliant. Those gifts you took time, effort and resources to get no matter how little or minor it is, is part of valentine because it wasn't planned, it didn't have to wait for Feb 14 to be given out but it was given out of love, not compelled or forced but genuinely from the heart.

Every memorable moment spent with your loved ones is valentine. That your loved one slept and woke up the next day is enough to be thankful and appreciative without waiting for valentine's day. That you even have a lover or partner is enough to be thankful because some wish they had or can't even keep the one they have.

Sorry, if i render assistance or show love to my partner, IT IS NOT VALENTINE! WTF!

I showed her love and not valentine. Where was valentine's day before Mr Valentine was born? undecided
Were people not showing and receiving love before the birth of Mr Valentine? undecided
So before Mr valentine was born, and thru out his lifetime, what was Feb 14th used for? undecided

Those comments i quoted in bold just qualified for the "What tha fcck" comments of the day!. . . Damn!
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2012
~Killz~:

[color=#000030][font=tempus sans itc]Showing love everyday, and setting aside a day to show love, do they by any means -intentionally or unintentionally- sound alike? Smh! If Feb 14 doesnt mean couples dont express their love and wait upon 14th of February, so what's the point? This is the point of Feb 14, incase you missed it earlier:

Becasuse there is a day set aside, Does dat in anyway stop anybody from showing love on the 15th of feb??   Ur not making valid points and u jus makin me repeat maself lol.

The point is for u to continue showin love and goin dat extra mile EVERYDAY like u claim [size=6pt]bullocks! including on vals day where u do the same thing but in ds case, so many oda ppl wud be expressing their love one way or the other . And for those who do not express their love as they shud, Serves as a 'wake up and appreciate wat u got' call  smiley

Is it because it is termed 'Valentines day' or jus because its called a name dat ppl hve a problem with it? I dnt get it! If u do it errday, why not carry on n husshh??  undecided
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by MrsChima1(f): 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2012
I guess Mr. Chima and I are weird for showing and saying love to each other every day when we wake up and every night when we fall to asleep.   undecided undecided undecided undecided

Valentine Day to us is another day that we are blessed to see.  People really need to research the truth about valentine day.  Al Capone and Gang killed innocent people on Valentine Day and a few other atrocities, but many people wouldn't know that.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2012
Chibaby Pls advise me!
If i show love to her on 14th February, and i did not take her out, neither did i give her any gifts, what would you call that?
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by tellwisdom: 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2012
angry angry angry
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
~Killz~:

Chibaby Pls advise me!
If i show love to her on 14th February, and i did not take her out, neither did i give her any gifts, what would you call that?

Well perhaps u cooked her a meal instead, flowers, labelled petals on the floor leading her to the bathroom where u set up a warm bubble bath with a bottle of wine, music, etc. Its not all about gifts uno. Any one of these wud jus b perfect. Well for me nways cuz i wud rather b indoors than out but its wateva.

Are u sure is not money dat is making u rant soo helplessly?? grin tongue
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by amuukwu1(m): 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
chi-baby:

[b]Well perhaps u cooked her a meal instead, flowers, labelled petals on the floor leading her to the bathroom where u set up a warm bubble bath with a bottle of wine, music, [/b]etc. Its not all about gifts uno. Any one of these wud jus b perfect. Well for me nways cuz i wud rather b indoors than out but its wateva.

Abeg na naija man go do all this shocked shocked ISSUES.
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2012
amu ukwu:

Abeg na naija man go do all this shocked shocked ISSUES.

LMAO *Faints in lafterr grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Killz3(m): 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^
But we do that everyday! grin So what's your point? grin
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by chibaby5(f): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2012
^Lol u do?? [size=5pt]dats higly unlikely  grin tongue [/size]Ehehh dats gd so u celebate V day in other words.   smiley
Re: Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2012
chi-baby:

[size=15pt]Well perhaps u cooked her a meal instead, flowers, labelled petals on the floor leading her to the bathroom where u set up a warm bubble bath with a bottle of wine, music, etc[/size]. Its not all about gifts uno. Any one of these wud jus b perfect. Well for me nways cuz i wud rather b indoors than out but its wateva.

In ur wildest dream where he will play the lead role abi? grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Her Boss Grabs Her 2 Breasts Frm Behind Despite Saying No To His Proposal(video) / How To Poop Without Splashing Toilet Water On Your Butt (pictures) / Choi :o Seee Breast!!! Exclusive Photos From World Nobraday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.