Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,010 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger (237698 Views)

Stranger Spots Lady Texting Another Guy While With Her Man See What He Did / I Think I Am Pregnant For A Stranger - Help / My Conversation With An American Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 04, 2012
All dem celeb wan dey roll with am. . . Lol
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Mikocake(m): 11:46pm On Feb 04, 2012
Sometimes

1 Like

Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by freecocoa(f): 12:05am On Feb 05, 2012
Connoisseur:

Me likey this new freecocoa
Was expecting some vile remarks
Wow so that's how you see me,not fair o,anyways I'm only harsh when there's need for that,I'm an easy going babe o. wink

12 inches!:

Nigerians like awooof #freecocoa
And the name is also Behind smiley

Oh,I see. cool

jakesund:

try changing your name to subsidizedcocoa and it wont recur. . .nigerians tend to abuse free things ya know   wink
can't change it no more cos even in the real world that's what most people know me by. cool

@OP,I hope you are not like some guys on 2go,the conversation usually goes thus;

Guy: hello
Girl; hi
Guy;sup
Girl: cool
Guy;waz up
Girl: nofin much
Guy: how's it goin
Girl: aite
Guy: how was ur day
Girl: just there
Guy: k
Girl: kk
Guy: kkk
After some minutes of silence
Guy: hey
No answer
Guy: you there
still no answer,then you'll now see something like"sexymama is now offline"

With a chat-up line like the above,tell me which girl won't go offline, just be creative and bring up things you would ask a stranger you met face to face,its pretty much the same thing,just that one is done on the net.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Mynd44: 12:31am On Feb 05, 2012
Huh?
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by freecocoa(f): 12:34am On Feb 05, 2012
^wetin be "huh"? Na so dem dey do for 2go walai.
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by dino2006(m): 12:50am On Feb 05, 2012
Hahahaha. Seriously can't stop laffing hard @freecocoa's post. Buh seriously, I hate it wen doze gurls use d "kk, aii, brb" lines on me. I feel u shd jes try $ b urself wit her, more than jes a stranger, if she keeps resisting $ can't feel ur sense of humor; simply let her off, she's got mega problems $ might need therapy to help her deal wit it.
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by zilon12(m): 12:58am On Feb 05, 2012
I hardly chat with strange females  online. Most of em give annoying response n when u hustle hard to get to know em, you find out she aint even what you want. Its like gowin on a blind date  sad
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 05, 2012
Maintaining a stable conversation with most female strangers is more defficult than solving calculus
sometimes i wonder if their main fear is writing good english, d only thing they knw hw to do best is replying with 'k'
must d dude do the questioning, y d female do the answering? Nawa o

dude: watz up luvly
girl: gud
dude: hw ya doing?
dude: hw was day?
dude: nice pix, i luv d smile
girl: tnx
dude: u can cal me Henry, bout u?
girl: neva mind
dude: y
girl: k
dude: watz 'k'
dude: seems u'r nt in a gud mood
dude : anyway, nice meetin u
girl: k.
dude: k
girl: kk
nnamhen, nawa o, chattin with most female strangers is like an interview, must d male do d questioning? Too much forming! i wonder y them gals r just too 'hostile', dont they understand d meanin of 'social' netwk?

1 Like

Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 05, 2012
Maintaining a stable conversation with most female strangers is more defficult than solving calculus
sometimes i wonder if their main fear is writing good english, d only thing they knw hw to do best is replying with 'k'
must d dude do the questioning, y d female do the answering? Nawa o

dude: watz up luvly
dude: hw ya doing?
dude: hw was day?
dude: nice pix, i luv d smile
girl: tnx
dude: u can cal me Henry, bout u?
girl: neva mind
dude: y
dude: watz 'k'
dude: seems u'r nt in a gud mood
dude : anyway, nice meetin u
girl: k.
dude: k
girl: kk
nnamhen, nawa o, chattin with most female strangers is like an interview, must d male do d questioning? Too much forming! i wonder y them gals r just too 'hostile', dont they understand d meanin of 'social' netwk?

1 Like

Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by moshoodn(m): 1:10am On Feb 05, 2012
92% senseless replies.
Nairaland is becoming worthless by the passing of each day.
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Mynd44: 1:11am On Feb 05, 2012
Double posting is also a huge turn off
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by kombats: 1:19am On Feb 05, 2012
Mikocake:

lmao
dem just dey call am wit 20kb per sec
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 05, 2012
moshoodn:

92% senseless replies.
Nairaland is becoming worthless by the passing of each day.
i bet ur post made a positive impact to the thread right? Or better still, u just answered the OP's question
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by revlution: 2:08am On Feb 05, 2012
The thing u have to understand is that u have to treat the girl u meet online as if u are talking with a real life girl, for example, if her name is freecocoa grin, try and be polite. Make sure u use words like please, pardon me, etc. Strike up  interesting convos be funny without being cocky or rude . U could ask  about her previous relationships, what went wrong and try and console her and comfort her if she feels badly hurt by it. Women are easily connected to people that give them emotional support cos they are more vulnerable emotionally when compared to men.Be her'' shoulder to cry on''. Compliment her in every way, and never blame her or judge her outrightly, believe me she will want to chat with u a second time.Try it !
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by porka: 2:32am On Feb 05, 2012
@OP
Tell them you have a recharge card for them and see those k kks turn to "where do you stay?" "call me and let's talk better" etc.
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Basics007: 3:04am On Feb 05, 2012
bigx:

Find a counter to 'k' and 'aii'
Funniest reply to far.
@OP. I dont think there is a standard template cos what works for me may not work for you. I guess the problem is from the initiation phase right? I dont chat with strangers these days cos i hate snobs but the formula that usually works for me is that i dont show over eagerness when chattin with strange ladies. Put out the bait,lay back and watch the hook snag 'em. Practical example.
Me: Hello
She: i
Me: How u doin
She: k
Me: ooops. Sorry i need to attend to some biz. Talk to u later.(logout)
You've aroused her sense of curiousity. Next time you see her online,give her one yeye story about why you ran away the other time and watch her become ur confidante in no time. Used to work for me. Remember ladies dont like being crowded. That's my own 2cents.
BTW. So many freecocoa fans here. I think we may've a genuine nairaland superstar here.
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by beeke(m): 3:29am On Feb 05, 2012
@OP, is simple for instance example if d stranger is freekezaya wink just start by introducing urself then tell her why of all d hundreds u chose to chat with her, "just tel her something dat will mak her scream go slow now u're almost there now" then take her on with her responses belif me by d time u re done with her she wont feel her legs anymore. it works 4me so many tyms try it and come back to thank me
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Nobody: 3:30am On Feb 05, 2012
@porka. Nice cncept. Best comment on d post
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by mobf: 3:37am On Feb 05, 2012
porka:

@OP
Tell them you have a recharge card for them and see those k kks turn to "where do you stay?" "call me and let's talk better" etc.

grin grin grin grin

Guy: Hi
Girl : Hello, my name is Ofure, i wi love to shat with you but my data bundle is about to expire, can you please send me #200 mtn card so i can resharge then i wi give you my number and you wi talk to me? am very nice gal. thank you.

I can't shout!
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Emeka72(m): 4:13am On Feb 05, 2012
Most girls are nice online. Infact what I Know most females for is that they like chatting. I'm surprised dat most guyz here are complaining abt d babes dat they don't like chatting with them. This is how it works; you have to just be reasonable and discuss sensible issues with her and she will definitely respond.
This is how I usually start;
boy(me): hello babe, how ar u?
girl: fine nd u?
ME: I'm cool

and then I will look for something reasonable to say (like concerning career or education or politics) e.g during d NLC strike, I chatted with many girls for long hours.

after d format above, I continue by saying
ME: I guess u hav been indoors due to Nation-wide strike.
girl: yes I hav no choice dan to remain indoors

and then we keep chatting abt d issues at hand until we are tired.

1 Like

Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by mobf: 4:24am On Feb 05, 2012
^ "and then we keep chatting abt d issues at hand until we are tired"

You're not trying to get some are you?, this ur chat up line so. walahi you go old!
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by RuuDie(m): 5:05am On Feb 05, 2012
Well, there's not an awful lot that can be done except ask questions till you hit a chord. . . . . .maybe going through the person's profile might be a big help as to getting to know the person's thoughts and interests.
Its pretty tough and chances of success are very much hinged on how much the other person is willing to bring to the conversation.

2 Likes

Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by KINGwax(m): 5:22am On Feb 05, 2012
Emmysteve:

Boy: hello beauty
Girl: hy (hi)
Boy: how are you doing?
Girl: 5n (fine)
Boy: where are you living?
Girl: No
Boy: why no?
Girl: k

that is a good example of how most girls reply to guys online. Very annoying. Thank God i dont have their time.
allow me to finish up your conversation,
Boy: where are u livin
Girl: No
Boy: why no?
Girl: k
Boy: 'k' what?
Girl: k-leg!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Goldieluks: 5:34am On Feb 05, 2012
Approach it open mindedly and in a friendly way, make sure you talk about basic stuffs like 'hows your day going' what are your hobbies and stuffs' don't go about asking a stranger you just met,questions like 'what do you think about GEJ or BOKO HARAM because he/she might not be a fan of politics. Ask them first if they like Politics and with that you'd get to know if they do or not. Secondly don't go about calling a girl you just met online, names like 'sweetheart,baby,darling and so on. Only a runs girl would smile to that, a normal girl would frown to that and see you as 'oh well,another online player'

Lastly, just allow things to slide naturally, don't jump into conclusion,try as much as possible to maintain yourself whilst building a rapport with them. Be smart and funny too.
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by ignis: 6:10am On Feb 05, 2012
Hahahahahahahah, Guy how old are you Before I teach u.
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by eghost247(m): 6:36am On Feb 05, 2012
keep it smooth
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Mynd44: 7:41am On Feb 05, 2012
Goldieluks:

Approach it open mindedly and in a friendly way, make sure you talk about basic stuffs like 'hows your day going' what are your hobbies and stuffs' don't go about asking a stranger you just met,questions like 'what do you think about GEJ or BOKO HARAM because he/she might not be a fan of politics. Ask them first if they like Politics and with that you'd get to know if they do or not. Secondly don't go about calling a girl you just met online, names like 'sweetheart,baby,darling and so on. Only a runs girl would smile to that, a normal girl would frown to that and see you as 'oh well,another online player'

Lastly, just allow things to slide naturally, don't jump into conclusion,try as much as possible to maintain yourself whilst building a rapport with them. Be smart and funny too.

Lemme try it you and see if it will work
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by seankay(m): 7:43am On Feb 05, 2012
I added a gal on my bbm,was using an old pics of mine as a dp,d pics bad sha,used it to hear pple comment, wen she accepted it,i began to do d questioning but i was gettn 'k,lol,aii,no,yes' as answer,i ran outta questions 4 dat day,same fin d second day.i finally changed ,•̸ϞƔ dp to a pics i snapped i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d united states,had a flat bat3.wen i finally charged ,•̸ϞƔ fne aπϑ i put it on,lo aπϑ behold,d 1st ping i got was 4rm her,Йą 3 tyms she ping sef,askn M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ many question.gals*smh*

1 Like

Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by Mynd44: 7:55am On Feb 05, 2012
Good for you
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by femzy(m): 8:37am On Feb 05, 2012
A Y Y Thread I suppose. undecided
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by bulksms247(m): 8:53am On Feb 05, 2012
Seriously gals can be borin when chattin dem. Dnt knw why or what de think, a gal added me on bbm yesterday, I accepted and said hi, she read de message and kept quiet, I said waz up no answer, guess wot I did, I deleted her right away. Na so dem de do on 2go, even ma 1yr lady friend I deleted her cause she has learnt to form wetin she no be. What I do these days is chat only de ones that says hi and de ones who hav got yarns nt some empty gals waiting for de guys to do de question while de wait 10mins to answer one single question claiming dat de re buzy. Nonsense
Re: How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger by dadicvila(m): 9:12am On Feb 05, 2012
Wow So many funny replies, @Ignis i am even older than your father,but this topic is not about age,even a 90yr old man will find it difficult chatting with girls of nowadays, Freecocoa,mynd,Revlution and Goldieluks tanx for your responses cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Would You Talk About On The Phone With Your Girlfriend? / 15 Questions You Can Ask A Girl And Make Her Get In The Mood / Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.