Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Tattoo On The Body Is Evil - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tattoo On The Body Is Evil (9966 Views)

Reasons Why Yoruba Religion(aborisa) Is Evil / According To Jesus, Yahweh Is Evil. / Bishop Oyedepo Is Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Where? is it this one below:

or this one:

you people need to define what you mean by self-control angry cos i don't know what you guys mean by that word o! we all know that there are a lot of things that makes people lose 'self-control' (whatever that means), even when Mr. Anony is doing his thing with his madam, there is that point in the process when the man looses 'self-control' grin is that one evil as well? go to pastor chris embassy and see people loosing self-control anytime their body cross path with oyaks shadow grin is that one evil? people can lose self control when they are sick. you can see you have not answered my question. am expecting a proper answer from you abeg angry

Remember you wanna focus on the taking of hard drugs ...............what has oyaks got to do with this discussion??............do the persons who loose control in christ embassy(when oyaks shadow crosses path with there bodies) do that as a result of there taking hard drugs??........I want you to tell me from the scriptures how the smoking of marijuana and ganja upbuilds a christian or pleases GOD..................stop acting like you don't know what is right or wrong.........have you lost your bible trained conscience??........

1 Like

Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 12:26pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Then we have a big problem on our hands.

Perhaps you can start by telling me why would a person snort a line of coke other than getting high? What other purpose is there to sniff cocaine?

Help me ask mr zikky.........
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
I think we've come to that point where you now need to answer

you are right. i don't think that militant will ever respond.

there are two issues i will be responding to here:

1. the purpose for asking the question.

2. though it's really of no relevance to my objective, i would like to understand what you meant by self-control.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Then we have a big problem on our hands.

Perhaps you can start by telling me why would a person snort a line of coke other than getting high? What other purpose is there to sniff cocaine?

Lol grin you getting it wrong.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 12:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

My conscience tells me there are no issues with marijuana and cocaine. Its the reason i asked that question. cos it appears you have issues with the idea of smoking marijuana and cocaine.

Smh!!!!...........why would you smoke marijuana or cocaine.....give me one reason and then the scriptures can answer your question.........sometimes I think you're joking........you're a JOKE
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Lol grin you getting it wrong.
Correct me then
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Image123(m): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

@image123, am begining to suspect you smoke marijuana o! cos your posts these days appears to have been influenced by something beyond your control grin
do you work with the Nigerian Police Force?
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Correct me then

It's a simple matter. below is the post i was responding to:

ijawkid:
I bet smoking of marijuana and cocaine was mentioned there too...right??.........

I see people make statement like taking cocaine or marijuana is bad. These substances also have medicinal benefits. How it is used (for what purpose) determines whether it is bad or not. You might as well say the use of any other drugs is evil or sin as well. For me the focus should be on the purpose/motive of the user. I was expecting the man to provide more details on what he meant by marijuana and cocaine being un-scriptural. The man has been avoiding me since angry
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
Image123:
do you work with the Nigerian Police Force?

Not yet grin but that will not stop me from suspecting you na grin
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy: It's a simple matter. below is the post i was responding to:

I see people make statement like taking cocaine or marijuana is bad. These substances also have medicinal benefits. How it is used (for what purpose) determines whether it is bad or not. You might as well say the use of any other drugs is evil or sin as well. For me the focus should be on the purpose/motive of the user. I was expecting the man to provide more details on what he meant by marijuana and cocaine being un-scriptural. The man has been avoiding me since angry

did you not hear me say smoking??...eh zikky??.......what are the benefits of smoking marijuana??.......and can we list the benefits and disadvantages of taking in marijuana??list them and contrast
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
One question for you to ponder: How do you reconcile the fruit of the Spirit: Self-Control with smoking marijuana and cocaine?

Back to your question; you need to define this self-control o! does it have anything to do with being able to restrain ya-self from taking cocaine or being able to stay sane after a good 'smoke' grin Kindly clarify sir.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
did you not hear me say smoking??...eh zikky??......

you don find liver to talk now that you know my motive abi angry smoking it does not change the medicinal benefit. anyhow you want to take it, as long as it does the job.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
......and can we list the benefits and disadvantages of taking in marijuana??

begin list na. Don't forget to do the same for cocaine o!
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

begin list na. Don't forget to do the same for cocaine o!

na you go list.......lets compare.......
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

you don find liver to talk now that you know my motive abi angry smoking it does not change the medicinal benefit. anyhow you want to take it, as long as it does the job.

are u saying smoking it is good??......eh zikky?/...........how can you smoke marijuana and claim is for health reasons...??....zikky you really need help/....
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Not yet grin but that will not stop me from suspecting you na grin
suspect no more, you're conversing with St. Image123 N.D, N.S, N.T (no drinking, no smoking, no tattooing).
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
Remember you wanna focus on the taking of hard drugs ...............what has oyaks got to do with this discussion??............do the persons who loose control in christ embassy(when oyaks shadow crosses path with there bodies) do that as a result of there taking hard drugs??.....

This is a response to the issues of self control and not just 'hard' drug. There are other activities that makes you lose self-control (that is if i understand what you guys meant by self-control). The fact that it makes you lose self control is not the issue. I believe what you want to achieve with it should be the focus. I had an operation a long time ago, and i was being treated with (controlled doses) of heroine related drugs (according to the nurse). I was always high anytime the drug was administered. I bet you will call me pagan for getting high grin

ijawkid:
........I want you to tell me from the scriptures how the smoking of marijuana and ganja upbuilds a christian or pleases GOD....

Again it depends on what you want to achieve with it. afterall it's God that made everything for our use grin Lol!

ijawkid:
.......have you lost your bible trained conscience??........

No i have not. am trying to give your argument a direction. so you just don't post for posting sake.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

are u saying smoking it is good??......eh zikky?/...........how can you smoke marijuana and claim is for health reasons...??....

am not saying anything is good or bad. even swallowing it or cooking soup with it could be good or bad. What the guy trying to achieve with it should be a concern to me, not the act itself.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Back to your question; you need to define this self-control o! does it have anything to do with being able to restrain ya-self from taking cocaine or being able to stay sane after a good 'smoke' grin Kindly clarify sir.
There is a worrying tone this argument is taking.

We have to be very careful not to take liberty for license. I will respectfully not "define self-control" here because I am sure that you understand what the bible means but are only being cheeky.

The next thing you'll probably start doing is asking me at which point is the acceptable level of sanity kinda like the way a drunk person says "I'm ot drunk, I'm only tipsy". I refuse to engage in a discussion where one person feigns ignorance.

Now more to the point. I find no sin in taking marijuana/cocaine as part of your medication if they are for medical health purposes. The sin is not in the drugs themselves but in the motive as you rightly said.

THIS IS NOT TO BE MISUNDERSTOOD AND TAKEN AS LICENCE TO GET HIGH!

I have come to realize that a lot of christians rather than read their bibles would prefer to wait for what some "man of God" says about it or how many other "christians" support their stance. That is how not to follow Christ. Let us be very careful not to mistake the freedom that Christ has given us as license to commit sin.

Thank God you were referring to health purposes when you were talking about marijuana and cocaine but please next time don't lead people to get the wrong impression. Clarify what you mean from the onset so that brethren don't merely swallow the soundbite
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 1:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:

na you go list.......lets compare.......

you never ready angry

Image123:
suspect no more, you're conversing with St. Image123 N.D, N.S, N.T (no drinking, no smoking, no tattooing).

Lol! grin
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
We have to be very careful not to take liberty for license. I will respectfully not "define self-control" here because I am sure that you understand what the bible means but are only being cheeky.

The next thing you'll probably start doing is asking me at which point is the acceptable level of sanity kinda like the way a drunk person says "I'm ot drunk, I'm only tipsy". I refuse to engage in a discussion where one person feigns ignorance.

Oh com'on, you really expect me to do a thing like that grin before responding to posts i always want to be sure i got the other party right. It's wrong to assume you know grin Anyways, no issues smiley

Mr_Anony:
Now more to the point. I find no sin in taking marijuana/cocaine as part of your medication if they are for medical health purposes. The sin is not in the drugs themselves but in the motive as you rightly said.

Thank you my brother. That's what am talking about.

Mr_Anony:
Thank God you were referring to health purposes when you were talking about marijuana and cocaine but please next time don't lead people to get the wrong impression. Clarify what you mean from the onset so that brethren don't merely swallow the soundbite

It's not my fault you guys mis-understood my question. It was just a question, all that militant needed to do was provide additional details by telling me why he is of the opinion taking cocaine or grass is bad. I did not at any time say whether it was good or bad, all i did was ask a question. Now you see why it is not always ideal to assume.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by MrAnony1(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

Oh com'on, you really expect me to do a thing like that grin before responding to posts i always want to be sure i got the other party right. It's wrong to assume you know grin Anyways, no issues smiley

Thank you my brother. That's what am talking about.

It's not my fault you guys mis-understood my question. It was just a question, all that militant needed to do was provide additional details by telling me why he is of the opinion taking cocaine or grass is bad. I did not at any time say whether it was good or bad, all i did was ask a question. Now you see why it is not always ideal to assume.
Someone once told me that it is not what you say that matters rather it is what is heard that matters.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Someone once told me that it is not what you say that matters rather it is what is heard that matters.

I agree. but sometimes you have to be sure you heard right smiley the other party probably did his best ensuring he was as clear as possible.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

you never ready angry

D

I ready,na you no serious.......grin
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

am not saying anything is good or bad. even swallowing it or cooking soup with it could be good or bad. What the guy trying to achieve with it should be a concern to me, not the act itself.

What does a smoker of marijuana or cocaine plan to achieve if not just to get high and do rubbish...........is there any other reason why people smoke??...............eh??.............
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

This is a response to the issues of self control and not just 'hard' drug. There are other activities that makes you lose self-control (that is if i understand what you guys meant by self-control). The fact that it makes you lose self control is not the issue. I believe what you want to achieve with it should be the focus. I had an operation a long time ago, and i was being treated with (controlled doses) of heroine related drugs (according to the nurse). I was always high anytime the drug was administered. I bet you will call me pagan for getting high grin

Naaaa I won't call you a pagan for getting high because you were on heroine for medical reasons(besides the use of heroine for medical reasons didn't spring from paganism unlike tattoo).....you were given under prescriptive measures to heal your wound......and after your wound got healed I bet you stopped taking heroine............if after your wound got healed you started smoking heroine day and night then I would have to show you the scriptures to allign ya brains...grin..............abi you still dey take the heroine??......

Zikkyy:

Again it depends on what you want to achieve with it. afterall it's God that made everything for our use grin Lol!
What do smokers of marijuana plan to achieve??...........answer me.......think of just one thing....

Zikkyy:
No i have not. am trying to give your argument a direction. so you just don't post for posting sake.

I earlier had directed my arguments.....................you were the one acting like you didn't know where we were heading to.........
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
What does a smoker of marijuana or cocaine plan to achieve if not just to get high and do rubbish...........is there any other reason why people smoke??...............eh??.............

I don't know. can't speak for others. the reason why i prefer to focus on the act itself. If you say smoking marijuana and cocaine for the purpose of getting high and doing rubbish is wrong, i will agree with you. but if you say smoking marijuana and cocaine is wrong, i am very likely to disagree. i want to believe you noticed the difference smiley

ijawkid:
...........if after your wound got healed you started smoking heroine day and night then I would have to show you the scriptures to allign ya brains...grin..............abi you still dey take the heroine??......

e no concern you angry

ijawkid:
I earlier had directed my arguments.....................you were the one acting like you didn't know where we were heading to.........

it's difficult to say where you were heading to. There was no way i would have known if you were condemning the idea of taking cocaine or condemning it for the purpose of getting high and doing rubbish. That was why i asked my question, but you were not sure what my motive was so you decided your best response was to dodge the question.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 3:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

I don't know. can't speak for others. the reason why i prefer to focus on the act itself. If you say smoking marijuana and cocaine for the purpose of getting high and doing rubbish is wrong, i will agree with you. but if you say smoking marijuana and cocaine is wrong, i am very likely to disagree. i want to believe you noticed the difference smiley
Oya try to find out why people smoke marijuana....find another reason(good reason) if there is other than people getting high and tell all of us.......its your job now to tell me the merits of smoking marijuana...if you can't then smoking of that substance is bad.........prove me wrong.....remember my focus is on smoking.......
Zikkyy:

e no concern you angry

U dey smoke the heroine now??.......answer me make I use bible nack ya head now....grin....

Zikkyy:

it's difficult to say where you were heading to. There was no way i would have known if you were condemning the idea of taking cocaine or condemning it for the purpose of getting high and doing rubbish. That was why i asked my question, but you were not sure what my motive was so you decided your best response was to dodge the question.

Smokers of marijunana have just one or two reasons for smoking........and those reasons are worthless..........if I am wrong prove me wrong................
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
Oya try to find out why people smoke marijuana....find another reason(good reason) if there is other than people getting high and tell all of us.......its your job now to tell me the merits of smoking marijuana...if you can't then smoking of that substance is bad.........prove me wrong.....remember my focus is on smoking.......

stop disturbing me jor angry have told you already. who says you can't smoke or sniff your medicine angry just as long as the medicine works. if the medicinal effect can be achieved by smoking or sniffing, then the act of smoking or sniffing is not wrong. what is wrong is why you decided to sniff or smoke.
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by ijawkid(m): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Zikkyy:

stop disturbing me jor angry have told you already. who says you can't smoke or sniff your medicine angry just as long as the medicine works. if the medicinal effect can be achieved by smoking or sniffing, then the act of smoking or sniffing is not wrong. what is wrong is why you decided to sniff or smoke.

Smh!!!!!!..........have you seen persons who smoke ,smoke because they are sick and they want a cure??..............so you would encourage the sniffing of cocaine.......??....eh zikky??.........

What i should be hearing you say is that these hard drugs should be taken by christians for only medical reasons and under strict prescription ............we know why the majority of persons take cocaine,smoke igbo,smoke haze,etc......don't act like you don't know.........I wonder what christianity would turn into in the next 100 years with persons like your type.................madness!!!!!.....
Re: Tattoo On The Body Is Evil by Zikkyy(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
ijawkid:
What i should be hearing you say is that these hard drugs should be taken by christians for only medical reasons and under strict prescription ............we know why the majority of persons take cocaine,smoke igbo,smoke haze,etc......

The message from your post aligns very well with what have been saying. Your post is telling us you consider smoking grass & cocaine a sin because you are of the opinion 'majority of persons take marijuana & cocaine just to get high & do rubbish'. It's exactly what I have been saying; motive is what determine whether It's bad or not. It is not just because they smoked it, but they smoked it to get high.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Are Atheists Never Complaining Of Being Haunted By Witches, Only Xtians? / Mothering Sunday: Today Is Mother's Day, Celebrate Your Mom! / Bible The Biggest Liar And Contradiction ever produce In the History Of Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.