Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash (8394 Views)

This Hausa Pregnant Woman Dumps Hubby, Leaves With Lover To USA (photos) / See Why This Hausa Girl Refuse To Date Me / Hausa Boy, Igbo Girl To Marry, But Parents Threaten to Disown Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 4:33am On Feb 05, 2012
Okay just so you guys know this is my first write-up for public reading and review. I am not a writer, i am computer science student but i write when it gets to me and this is the outcome of one of them. So if you think my writing is good then thank you in advance but if you think it's bad sorry i am not a writer i just type what ever comes to my head.

Enjoy the story and my real name is actually Umar Mash.

Good and bad comments are invited

Let the story Begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plz leave the story hear cos i believe some dudes and chicks will learn some things from this story
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 4:35am On Feb 05, 2012
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 4:39am On Feb 05, 2012
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 4:48am On Feb 05, 2012
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 4:49am On Feb 05, 2012
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by Basics007: 6:34am On Feb 05, 2012
Bros did you say you are a computer scientist? Pls keep being a computer scientist o.
#IfyouknowWhatIMean
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by emofine2(f): 7:24am On Feb 05, 2012
mashnino:
Enjoy the story and my real name is actually Umar Mash.

Good and bad comments are invited

Sorry mate but your story is not that engaging. It was pretty cringe-worthy unfortunately but it did make me laugh (at the story mainly) embarassed
I'm even surprised that the author of such narrative is a male - this is not the style of writing I acquaint with men embarassed
It sounds more like a person relaying gossip than a memoir undecided
Permit to ask, Umar Mash is this memoir loosely based on your life?
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by Mynd44: 7:28am On Feb 05, 2012
*Boring*
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by lolaluv1(f): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2012
Well, Mash.
Which do you want first? The negative or the positive? Well, here goes;
NEGATIVES;
1. Punctuation!
You overused the 'comma' (especially in the first passage). Maybe the fact that NAIRALAND converts ellipsis to comma was responsible for that sha. Maybe reduce the commas and make judicious use of the semi colon, colon, ellipsis and exclamation mark.
2. You made your stance about women too obvious, which at the end made the story seem like a normal NL woman bashing thread.
3. Pick a tense you intend to use and stick to it as much as possible e.g past, present. We tend to mix different tenses, I make the mistake too.
POSITIVES:
1. You used the first person narrative in an endearing way. I felt like my friend was gisting me.
2. I found it funny and witty. Quite attractively infused with local flavour as well.
3. It was refreshingly simplistic, with some nice introspective quotes on love. Sometimes, that is just what the soul needs.
What I'd say is; if you have a passion for writing, then don't relent.  Practice they say, makes perfect and in a world with billions of people, surely there'd be people who would love your style. A piece isn't meant to be loved by everybody btw. It is for a target audience. So we can never write to please everybody.
Every opportunity you get/have, write and write! All tha very best and more ink to your pen!
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2012
Writing is not ur thing keep studying ur computer
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by Idowuogbo(f): 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2012
LMAOOOO lola u are evil oo,kai see as u jus bombard Mashino ur web page designer.

Mash poraro u sef dey jump,wetin b dis ewa Agoyin rice olomi u are typing.Pls dude stick 2 ur talent which is server bisecting mehnnn grin grin grin grin
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by slimyem: 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2012
*yawns*
i read the first part halfway and its the most boring thing i'veever read so far.*yawns again*
@op,that computer science is just the way.this writing,EPIC FAILURE!
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by slimyem: 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2012
Idowuogbo:

LMAOOOO lola u are evil oo,kai see as u jus bombard Mashino ur web page designer.

Mash poraro u sef dey jump,wetin b dis ewa Agoyin rice olomi u are typing.Pls dude stick 2 ur talent which is server bisecting mehnnn grin grin grin grin
the bolded is your first writing that'd ever make me laugh.
I'm lolling so hard my ribs are aching.
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by Idowuogbo(f): 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2012
^Iya no mind me jere, I even make attempt to read d tin oo halfway tru I noticed na edo,shaki and fuku he dey analyze give we grin grin grin grin
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by Flashaldrin(m): 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2012
If this were your own personal story that you were presenting as a thread and asking for advice, then ok.
But as a story, am sorry. . . . Its just not a story, more of ranting, like you are just pouring out your emotions for your self only, but not for others consumption. You have to work more on your language, plot, contsruction, mech accuracy. But dont give up sha, this is a bold step, you can only get better from here.
I wrote my first novel in my ss3, it just wasnt making sense then, but i only got better from there.
Do you read novels at all, trying emulating some good authors style of writing, its a good start. Cheers!
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by lolaluv1(f): 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2012
Haba ID! Lol.
I didn't bombard mash. It's just my own critique and I also face mine when my supervisors go through my research work. It's not hate but constructive critique that should make us better at what we're doing.
You need to see two pages of complaint I had one time. I had to take it to heart and effect corrections because it makes me better at my research.
If my work is not corrected by my supervisor, then he hasn't gone through it extensively.
Note that I sincerely loved the writing. I am not shooting him down. I just made some suggestions that could make for smoother read.
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by Idowuogbo(f): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2012
^I no u harmless darling u one of my nl favorites, oya turn let me see ur ikebe cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by lolaluv1(f): 4:01pm On Feb 05, 2012
After you show me yours! embarassed
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by freecocoa(f): 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2012
Mashino aboki na,kwana biu,ka na nan lafia ko?

Oh well,you'll make a fine computer scientist I'm sure,your writing is ban sen abunda zan kira shi ba walai anma kayi kokari,if you keep practicing you just might turn out a good writer.

Ka iko mun mail,na manta email address na ka,ka ya'nkuri. Btw na yi dariya da yewa at the story,its funny.
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by Mynd44: 4:11pm On Feb 05, 2012
@Freecocoa, commot you dey block my view jorh
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by freecocoa(f): 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2012
No vex,I don shift.
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by cynthiafred67(f): 4:37pm On Feb 05, 2012
**yawns Boring**
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2012
@all but lola and cocoa

thanks for all dza comment especially the bad ones.

@lola and cocoa

"speechless",

jes so you guys know the story stil continues, how ridiculous will it be for someone to end a story just like that.
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2012
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by freecocoa(f): 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2012
Wow,wan nan another story ne gabadaya,toh continue its funny,walai you be comedian.
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 6:04pm On Feb 05, 2012
cocoa i just sent you an e-mail, reply me asap
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by lolaluv1(f): 6:36pm On Feb 05, 2012
Lets go there. . .
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by Idowuogbo(f): 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2012
Mash poraro na only lola and cocoa u see hail abi , may a giant rat chop ur nose msteeeeew angry
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2012
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2012
ahn ahn @idowu you are my only poraro na, no mind me jawe
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by mashnino(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2012
Re: Love Memoir Of This Hausa Boy-by Umar Mash by lolaluv1(f): 6:57pm On Feb 05, 2012
You are somehow all over the place. Now, you are using the omniscient style of narration (a change from the style you used earlier).
Interesting story nonetheless! Definitely a diamond in the rough, you can do better!
Waiting. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Were To Go On A Date With A Nairalander, Who Would It Be ?? / A Nairalander Made Me Go Broke And Almost Commit Suicide / No Erection For My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.