Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (810869 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
Czsamanie:
Hi guys. Trust your day is going well.

I'm about to start searching for admission in the UK. I gathered that admission is usually slated for September and January. Isn't it too late for a January admission by now? Can I still make January 2022 or just be looking at next September 2022. If September, can I still start the whole admission thingy now?

Also, I have a degree in Statistics over here in Naija, so I'd likely be going for a Masters program in that line. For people in UK, how's my chances of getting a job with Statistics. (Although I think it should be on the very ok level).

Furthermore, how possible is it to be able to pay for my tuition balance with the "20hrs a week work", cos the pocket no too reach like that, just hoping on the working to take care of my bills and every every.

I'd appreciate any response. Thanks.

You can't pay for your tuition with your 20 hours per week job, Infact if you work 40 hours per week, you still can't do it. Remember you have both tuition and accommodation to pay for.

Edited: This past few weeks I have met a few number of people doing this and it's possible but it is based on how much the balance is, if your balance is not so much then kts easier else its super difficult to achieve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Krystalzkris(f): 2:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
Oxristo:
@KrystalzKris

Thanks for your response.
My Msc is a 12-month programme in Glasgow.
How about that?

You can check out these two:

https://www.futurefinance.com/blog/international-students-yes-you-can-apply-for-a-future-finance-student-loan/

https://prodigyfinance.com/

They're more relevant, if you're looking the direction of the UK.
you tried to email me. Use this chisomchristabel5@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kennykale: 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hello my people, anyone here in Regent University London? What’s up with the school?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Santa2: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
Yeanqa:
Please can I dm you? I have some questions to ask and I need help as per what next to do. I am a January intake at Leeds. Thanks.

Leeds is a lovely town, the third largest city in the UK hence there abounds a lot of jobs. There are lots of student jobs around, just register at a local job agency when you get here. Warehouse jobs, care assistant jobs are some of the most popular for students. Thank God for lifting of lockdown retail jobs too would be back. You should be able to pay your rent/and upkeep with this. (Even with min wage and working 20 hours/week). I believe by the time you get unconditional admission you will get a discount of 3k, and even possibly up to 4k. You pay a 5k deposit and balance before end of your course. not sure how the placement year works, because there is no placement year for Jan start (maybe thats why we got the massive discount).
@yeanqa..yea you can dm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by rinzylee(m): 7:13am On Nov 10, 2021
Just got admission for January 2022, Msc Public health in the University of Sunderland, Sunderland campus. Is anyone on this boat Holla let's sail together.

I am a Nigerian trained physiotherapist and also licensed with the HCPC UK.

How this journey go be?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by VancouverJosh32: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Can we connect, my wife also got admission to Sunderland University for Msc Nursing.

rinzylee:
Just got admission for January 2022, Msc Public health in the University of Sunderland, Sunderland campus. Is anyone on this boat Holla let's sail together.

I am a Nigerian trained physiotherapist and also licensed with the HCPC UK.

How this journey go be?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Mellady(f): 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
Please guys, Sheffield hallam University and Teesside University, which one is better in terms of finding job, cost of living etc thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Freshint: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
I have a question
I want to go to the uk with my family using school as means..I want to apply for masters.. I heard sunderland and derby are cheap to live.. So I am considering those cities..can I apply for the masters and take my son and wife as dependant? Can I do this process alone or do I need agent for it?
Pls someone that has knowledge or has been there should advise me.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Freshint: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Which school in the uk accepts Hnd lower credit for their masters program.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bettypro(f): 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
Good Evening Guys,

Please is there a thread for people who intend to apply for masters in the UK next year? September 2022 to be precise. I have a B.A in English Language with over two years of work experience in Credit Administration and Compliance. I intend to apply for my masters in Risk Management or Business Analysis but most of the schools require a first degree in accounting, finance, business etc.

Kindly assist with a list of affordable schools and guidance on how to apply.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Zoey1: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6712649/uk-student-visa-tier-4/617
Bettypro:
Good Evening Guys,

Please is there a thread for people who intend to apply for masters in the UK next year? September 2022 to be precise. I have a B.A in English Language with over two years of work experience in Credit Administration and Compliance. I intend to apply for my masters in Risk Management or Business Analysis but most of the schools require a first degree in accounting, finance, business etc.

Kindly assist with a list of affordable schools and guidance on how to apply.

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Zoey1: 10:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6712649/uk-student-visa-tier-4/617
Freshint:
I have a question
I want to go to the uk with my family using school as means..I want to apply for masters.. I heard sunderland and derby are cheap to live.. So I am considering those cities..can I apply for the masters and take my son and wife as dependant? Can I do this process alone or do I need agent for it?
Pls someone that has knowledge or has been there should advise me.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by medx(m): 5:27am On Nov 30, 2021
Yeanqa:
Please anyone going to Leeds Beckett University for the January 2022 intake? Please let's connect.
I also got an offer for January 2022. Send me a message

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by steadyMoving22: 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
Angelswt:
You can get an attestation letter from WAEC.

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Brooke01(f): 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2021
please add me to this thread, i also got an admission for Jan
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by anayolity: 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rhitar19:

Try social work. With my BSc Biochemistry I was able to get an unconditional offer for social work

Bro please what's the fee for social work in Sunderland and also can you please assist me with your template for your Personal statement.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by DisGuy: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
joyonyiyechi123:
Hi guys, so I have been following this thread I will really appreciate contributions and suggestions from people already schooling in the Uk or those about to travel.
So I have applied to more than 8 schools and currently have 3 admissions in psychology and public health for September intake. In all my sourcing for funds I have only been able to raise about £3000 pounds which will cover only deposit.
[b]Please guys how did u people get money for tuition and travelling is it from your family? [/b]Where did u get loan from? Please I need someone to point me out in the right direction.
I have sourced and sourced for loan in Nigeria the only legit one I saw charges 18% on the amount given to pay back monthly in 9 months and u have to bring a guarantor which their bank partners will profile and give loan according to salary and 6months statement of account, my guarantor with about #200,000 monthly salary can't even get me 2m. Guys please advice me oh where can I borrow.
My whatsapp/call number 08068384330
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by anayolity: 12:00am On Dec 07, 2021
DisGuy:

It should be on the school website. They don't hide any information about their process. There are several personal statement templates online

Thanks Bro , I appreciate
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ibk5891(m): 1:14am On Dec 09, 2021
Old is there any thread for people seeking for accommodation in UK especially in wales.

I need the link ASAP

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by major911(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello seniors in the house… I am looking for spare room to rent in Manchester or shared flat or something. If you have any or you have someone like an agent you can link me to I will really appreciate. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Santa2: 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2021
major911:
Hello seniors in the house… I am looking for spare room to rent in Manchester or shared flat or something. If you have any or you have someone like an agent you can link me to I will really appreciate. Thank you

use spareroom.co.uk

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.