Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (810015 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by CheesyTee(f): 7:52am On Jul 17, 2022
Hi everyone, I am recruiting participants for my MSc dissertation and I need about 170 responses.

Survey takes 5-10 min and it is completely anonymous.

https://stirlingpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3F1b5JBGdkpRyZM

Eligibility:
1. Be a UK University or College Student
2. Be between sge 18 and 24. In case you are a University of Stirling student, you can take part from age 17.

Please if you belong to any UK community, group or know people that falls within this category, kindly help share the link.

Help a student. Many thanks �
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Julidab: 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2022
Agriconsultant:

Please arebu currently in hert uni

Hello, would you mind if I can reach out to you to ask questions about adult nursing in Hertfordshire?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Mayoorcity: 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2022
Hello everyone,

I need your help urgently! A female friend is stranded in manchester and needs a place to stay for a while. She's willing to support in terms of finances till she is settled and able to secure her own place. It's really urgent. I'll appreciate your help. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by heaven2earth: 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
Please anyone with link to an affordable accommodation in Liverpool?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by emmaodet: 5:50am On Aug 05, 2022
GeneralShepherd:

True though. I'm working hard and actually enjoying my studies, but the thought of what will happen at the end of my studies bothers me.

I don't want to go back to Nigeria and move about searching for jobs

Chaii

Life.
When a son is scared of going back to his father’s house and will rather prefer to stay and die in a stranger’s apartment.

Have seen this before. Many times.
I remember we going to our village in Osun state to pick a family member to stay with us.
My parent will train the child, send her to school and after secondary school, they tell the child it is high time you go back home and you will start seeing a child crying, begging not to go back to village.
To the child, she is a celebrity when she gets back to village, dresses well, speaks English better than those at home and let’s say more exposed.
Now throwing her back to the people that looks up to her will be a disaster to her.
I have seen this experience before and I can relate with your situation
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by VMuna: 7:15am On Aug 05, 2022
anishe:
There is a lot of misinformation going on in Nairaland. I am presently studying in the UK and i have no reason whatsoever to regret my coming to the UK for studies.

Call to Nigeria Landlines is at the rate of 1P per minute. In fact, i had to ask my wife to get a Starcomm Line that starts with 01- for me to always communicate with her. I call my wife more than 10 ttimes a day because it is cheaper. Mind you, if u get starcomm that starts with 070 or any 080 or 081 number, the rate is 8p per minutes. Moreso, the service providers have been so generous. If you recharge £20 online, a bonus of £10 is to be added to your phone instantly.

Which UK network?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Strata1716: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2022
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Raalsalghul: 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2022
emmaodet:

Chaii

Life.
When a son is scared of going back to his father’s house and will rather prefer to stay and die in a stranger’s apartment.

Have seen this before. Many times.
I remember we going to our village in Osun state to pick a family member to stay with us.
My parent will train the child, send her to school and after secondary school, they tell the child it is high time you go back home and you will start seeing a child crying, begging not to go back to village.
To the child, she is a celebrity when she gets back to village, dresses well, speaks English better than those at home and let’s say more exposed.
Now throwing her back to the people that looks up to her will be a disaster to her.
I have seen this experience before and I can relate with your situation

Checked his recent posts: seems all turned out fine.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by emmaodet: 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Checked his recent posts: seems all turned out fine.

Good to know that.

How is your end bro?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by justwise(m): 6:31am On Aug 08, 2022
This is not student visa or admission discussion thread.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by semmyk(m): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2022
Aptly put.
Below for UK. Others (Ireland, Finland, Norway, Germany... ...) on Travel section.
Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8: www.nairaland.com/7267459/uk-student-visa-tier-4
justwise:
This is not student visa or admission discussion thread.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by EngrKemp: 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2022
Talking about solving in UK, someone with a trade skill such as welding, how can such person rate and survive while in uni?

I usually see blue collar jobs like mechanic, plumbing, barbing carpentry etc
So what about welding?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Advision: 8:40am On Aug 17, 2022
EngrKemp:
Talking about solving in UK, someone with a trade skill such as welding, how can such person rate and survive while in uni?

I usually see blue collar jobs like mechanic, plumbing, barbing carpentry etc
So what about welding?

For welding, you likely would need to have a trade certification from the UK. Most blue collar jobs at the entry level will pay between £7-12 per hour depending on location, industry, employer e.t.c
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Pesbest: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2022
Is it possible to get a 2-bedroom accomodation without a guarantor

And again, what is the easiest way of getting accomodation for a family in the UK generally??

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.