Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please (5534 Views)

Tips On How To Survive "All My Friends Are Getting Married" / Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? / Are Nigerian Man Possessive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by egift(m): 10:41am On Feb 08, 2012
Chia! See me dey visit Romance section. Anyway, I have 2 little issues I need suggestions on. Please endeavour to address them separately - Thanks.

1. My girl-friends are very possessive
I have few female friends I do chat with and are friendly too. But my problem is that they are very possessive. They act as if they own me or will soon own me. Sometimes people who know me will tell me how some of them brag about me (it sounds as if I am engaged to them or I promised). Me do make that mistake of promising marriage, when I do not plan to. But when I hear those, I really do not have problem with people being ambitious - but am very uncomfortable with it. They don't know each others and never met.

2. The quality I seek in a wife
All I want from the lady that will be my wife is one that will make me happy - just make me laugh, (her talk, actions, even how she carry herself). Love that will not cheer me up will be useless. But all the people that surround me are just interested in themselves - buy me this, get me that and none bothers about what I want or make effort to please me. Even the one am considering, don't also have that as her primary effort. Should I tell them what I want? Am trying to avoid being deceived with pretense. Or will I get my desire (dedicated effort to cheer me up at all times) when I marry or hit great wealth?
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by freecocoa(f): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2012
What do you mean by"see me dey visit romance section"? You better pass people wey dey here abi wetin?

Btw how old are you if you don't mind?should you tell them what you want?no please ask them what they want so you can provide it for them or better still tell them what your neighbor wants.
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by ARareGem(f): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2012
Oya, kneel down lemme pray for you. I bind that spirit of possessive and stingy girlfriends away from you!! Shout amen na.

Seriously, I suggest that you let the one -of those girlfriends- you really like know what you want. Have you considered that if they are only seeking and not giving maybe they are not that into you?
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by egift(m): 11:29am On Feb 08, 2012
freecocoa:

What do you mean by"see me dey visit romance section"? You better pass people wey dey here abi wetin?

No. I no better pass. Only I usually shy away from such subjects. Not an age limitation. Thanks both for your advice.
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by slimyem: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2012
you gave them the right to possesion.
Withdrawing it is your solution!
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by freecocoa(f): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2012
egift:

No. I no better pass. Only I usually shy away from such subjects. Not an age limitation. Thanks both for your advice.
Okay,sorry I jumped on you,I thought you are one of those people who normally claim nothing good can be found in the romance section,hey as per what you call advice from me,I was being sarcastic.

Now my advice is,being in too many relationships at a time isn't a good thing,I don't even know if these girls are your girlfriends or just friends,so please look for a girl that catches your fancy and stick to her,if there are things you'd love which she doesn't do,then talk to her about it,communication is the key here.

You say these girls presently in your life are just selfish,obviously that's not what you want,you need to ask yourself some questions and then make a decision.goodluck.
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by Killz3(m): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2012
egift:

Chia! See me dey visit Romance section. Anyway, I have 2 little issues I need suggestions on. Please endeavour to address them separately - Thanks.

1. My girl-friends are very possessive
I have few female friends I do chat with and are friendly too. But my problem is that they are very possessive. They act as if they own me or will soon own me. Sometimes people who know me will tell me how some of them brag about me (it sounds as if I am engaged to them or I promised). Me do make that mistake of promising marriage, when I do not plan to. But when I hear those, I really do not have problem with people being ambitious - but am very uncomfortable with it. They don't know each others and never met.
Pay them no heed! It's their mouth so let the run it. They are possessive because every girl likes a guy who treats her right. If you have no intentions of marrying them, dont discuss the issue with them and above all make sure they dont feel "used". Nothing irks a lady more than the notion or feeling of being used and dumped. If you can avoid a lady making such statements about you, then kudos to you. They dont need to know each other. You are on a mission to find a "wife" and you dont need their permission! "Ladies" are everywhere, but a lady to call "wife" is rare and you have to search diligently for her. The day you find her, their possessive rights to you ends! Yes. Their bullshiting will stop!
egift:
2. The quality I seek in a wife
All I want from the lady that will be my wife is one that will make me happy - just make me laugh, (her talk, actions, even how she carry herself). Love that will not cheer me up will be useless. But all the people that surround me are just interested in themselves - buy me this, get me that and none bothers about what I want or make effort to please me. Even the one am considering, don't also have that as her primary effort. Should I tell them what I want? Am trying to avoid being deceived with pretense. Or will I get my desire (dedicated effort to cheer me up at all times) when I marry or hit great wealth?
Please maintain your nature. I like when you said you dont want to be deceived by pretense. There's a very high probability and also possibility of them becoming sweet and acting all nice to you if you make your intentions pinpointed! A wise person sees calamity and conceals himself, so thinking she'll change when you marry or hit great wealth would not be so wise because, you already know who they are and what they are capable of. Great disappointment comes from thinking a stone will turn into a loaf of bread! That lady is out there, you just have to keep searching. Maturity is an essential quality of any one hoping to get married, male and female alike. If they are not matured to your expectations, DONT! A wife makes a home from the house you gave to her. A wife is not interested in herself alone. Any lady that is not interested in pleasing or making happy a guy she calls her boyfriend, will do worse as a wife! Your reasoning is ok. Just dont get despaired so quickly. The world we live in has been turned on it's head. Good "things" are rare and hard to find, but as always, the patient dog eats the fattest bone! wink
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2012
@OP
1) find better friends
2) hook up with better women
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 08, 2012
Get ur self a better girlfriend
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by iice(f): 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

@OP
1) find better friends
2) hook up with better women

End of.
Don't understand this if i don't have friends, i will die thing so any crappy 'friend' is okay to have. Humanoids. Ugggh.
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by ifihearam: 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2012
@op
It depends on wot u mean by possessive:do they oder you around or just want to be around you without anyone interferring?
On the otherhand you made it so becos women are like kids don't start with them wot you can't continue
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by eemmason(m): 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2012
Some ladies feel guys love them when they're caring not known to 'em it's way outta caring, No guy likes an over protecting chick, It makes u look feeble, i'll advise u tell them and watch. If they don't change, omo find your way as time no dey to check time.
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by Afam4eva(m): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2012
egift:

I don't know about my Enugu brother but me i better pass many people for this romance section except few people on here. At times it's better to open some romantic threads in the family section so that people like born2fuck and his gang will not hijack the thread with their moronic and childish stunts.
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by highland(m): 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2012
My friend, if you are looking and waiting for a 'girl' that will make you happy it may be long found but look for life that will be make rich and fruitful through your living and relationship on earth. Thanks
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 08, 2012
Okay,sorry I jumped on you,I thought you are one of those people who normally claim nothing good can be found in the romance section,hey as per what you call advice from me,I was being sarcastic.

Before nko? Only charlatans, scums, loafers, idle, good for nothing, miserable, frustrated girls and guys spend all their time here. U guys need a life.  tongue
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by charlsecy4(m): 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2012
@Poster
Marriages based on any of these below-mentioned elements are failure-bound:

He or she loves you.
Because of a pregnancy.
Because the person helped you in the past.
Out of fear that no one else will want to marry you.
Because all your friends are married.
For immigration purposes.
You are tired of being single.
You want to be free from parents.
You don't want people gossiping about the two of you living together.
To be intimate.
To ease loneliness.
To be happy.
To show you are an adult.
To save or help someone.
Because you want a baby.
For money.
You've always wanted a fancy wedding.
You think you are running out of time to get married.

Instead, marry for these reasons:

You are in love with one another.
A desire to share your life with another.
To have a lifetime companion.
Realistic expectations.
Willingness to help one another fulfill their own needs and dreams.
Willingness to tolerate each other's weaknesses.

Never neglect prayer and work in the success of a marriage.
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by mordi4evah: 7:53am On Feb 09, 2012
Erm @gaggi don't U̶̲̥̅̊ think Your mention on viz thread makes U̶̲̥̅̊ one of wat U̶̲̥̅̊ just described? *justmytot*
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by gempo(m): 10:49pm On Feb 09, 2012
A good relationship is all about give and take. Nothing more nothing less.
Re: My Friends Are Very Possessive - Suggestion Please by Mynd44: 12:27am On Feb 10, 2012
You need to see a priest fast reason? They are likely to start jazzing you next

(1) (Reply)

See My Ugly Girlfriend PICS / What's D Best BANGING Position For U!!??????? / A Thread For Nairaland Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.