Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! (12074 Views)

Inside Kenya's Sex Orgy Parties Where "No One Goes Back Home A Virgin" (Photos) / Two Women Fight Over A Man In Kenya Again (Photo) / 2 Women Fight Over A Man During A Football Match In Kenya (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
La Parisienne:

So you can actually take slaps from a woman? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You are a weak man.

Btw, if you can takes slaps, why should it stop there? You should take it all for love.

nah, he should turn the other cheek for double portion! and take it all in love. killz can for sure

~Killz~:

Weakness? What if she was rightfully angry? I should start exchanging blows with a woman? I wasnt brought up that way!

i label the dude a hero then for not retaliating. nway its all senseless.

Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by LaParisienne(f): 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
~Killz~:

Weakness? What if she was rightfully angry? I should start exchanging blows with a woman? I wasnt brought up that way!

Yes it's a sign of weakness on your part, and gross disrespect on her part. Why should someone  start throwing fist simply because he/she is angry, rightfully or not? It's unacceptable

I can't stand any form of abuse; be it physical or emotional abuse.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Killz3(m): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
La Parisienne:

Yes it's a sign of weakness on your part, and gross disrespect on her part. Why should someone  start throwing fist simply because he/she is angry, rightfully or not? It's unacceptable

So, all hell should let loose because she slapped me?
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by LaParisienne(f): 8:09pm On Feb 09, 2012
^^^Yes o o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Killz3(m): 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2012
Two wrongs dont make a right. . . Practice what you preach! wink
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by MrsChima1(f): 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2012
Just use boiling grits or fish grease in a big pot! It have been said to do permanent damages! wink
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by InkedNerd(f): 3:22am On Feb 10, 2012
@OP: Not that I'm saying domestic violence is ok, but such occurrence are nothing compared to what many African women go through, especially those who willing stay with abusive partners due to religious, cultural, or social pressure. As a whole, domestic violence is wrong so let's not sit here and laugh at such things. In many cases, these men are not even taken seriously by authorities and are often mocked and ridiculed because of the hypermasculinized notions we chose to project and perpetuate within our African society and culture. It's quite sad and pathetic that domestic violence on women is so normalized that we all turn a blind eye when it occurs to the opposite gender. Wrong is wrong, no matter who it is affecting.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
Onila, your topic is misleading.
I've never known husband-beating to be a common [/b]occurrence in Kenya, though I won't dismiss the fact that there are a few such incidences (most of which make news).

claremont:

[b]It seems Kenyans still enjoy some aspects of their barbaric culture;
married couples resolve issues by fighting with each other, thieves get burnt to death for stealing bags of potatoes, witches get routinely burnt to death, and g-ays are publicly humiliated and molested. These are barbaric acts which seem to be commonplace in Kenya.
And to think that the other day [i]you [/i]were the one preaching to me against generalizations and stereotyping. 
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by eghost247(m): 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
unbelievable
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2012
Good Girl:

Onila, your topic is misleading.
I've never known husband-beating to be a common [/b]occurrence in Kenya, though I won't dismiss the fact that there are a few such incidences (most of which make news).
And to think that the other day [i]you [/i]were the one preaching to me against generalizations and stereotyping. 
[b]If you had bothered to listen to the video (which obviously you didn't), you would realise that it clearly said that the results of a study showed that one third of all married men in Kenyan are regularly beaten by their wives. Doesn't that make it common?!
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^^^
I can tell you WITH AUTHORITY that husband-beating is not common. I live here and I KNOW what happens in my society. That's why it makes the news when [/i]and [i]if it happens. If the figures were that high I would have known at least one man who's been battered by his wife. I know NONE. I would also have known at least one woman who's ever battered her husband. Believe it or not, I know not of a single one.

Again, you go ahead to claim that witches get routinely burnt in Kenya. . . . lol. I laugh in Amharic!  grin. That was an incident in a county known as Kisii where the villagers were fed up of habouring witches and burnt them to death because they believed that the "witches" were responsible for their failure to advance economically. It caused a major uproar because it was an unbelievable act that shocked everybody else, only for me to come to Nairaland to read that it's a common practice in Kenya. And we dare judge the ignorant whites who think we live on trees and ride on jumbos?

Take the case of the stories we get from the media about people in Nigeria who consume and/or sell the body parts of other citizens in order to accumulate fast wealth. Using your reasoning, would it be safe to say that Nigerians routinely chop off people's body parts for rituals and that these barbaric acts seem to be commonplace in Nigeria? 

By the way, it's not that am shocked at your one-sided judgement of this whole issue. I kinda expect it from you.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^^
Whether you live in Kenya or not is of no consequence, neither is it important to anyone if you have personally caught any female red-handed beating her husband. My statement of husband beating being commonplace in Kenya is based on statistical objective evidence accumulated and presented by Kenyans. It would be sheer folly for anyone to distrust an objective evidence just because he/she hasn't personally witnessed what is being tested.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^^
Funny how you suddenly think the "evidence" is objective, but when there's an uproar concerning a young man marrying a fat Greek woman for papers/money, it's because they just have their biases against Nigerians?

Okay then, let's do it your way, and on that note then I can safely conclude that killing people to obtain body parts for rituals is a common practice in Nigeria - as was reported by a popular international media house.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
Good Girl:

^^^
Funny how you suddenly think the "evidence" is objective, but when there's an uproar concerning a young man marrying a fat Greek woman for papers/money, it's because they just have their biases against Nigerians?

Okay then, let's do it your way, and on that note then I can safely conclude that killing people to obtain body parts for rituals is a common practice in Nigeria - as was reported by a popular international media house.
Tell us the objective facts used to argue that most Nigerians marry white ladies for "papers", or kill each other for their body parts, and I will believe it. The absence of evidence is the evidence of absence. I'm shocked that you are trying to disprove a research done by the very same people you claim to live with!
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Chnges(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
They're expecting me to read these comprehensions sad sad
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

Tell us the objective facts used to argue that most Nigerians marry white ladies for "papers", or kill each other for their body parts, and I will believe it. The absence of evidence is the evidence of absence. I'm shocked that you are trying to disprove a research done by the very same people you claim to live with!

People I "claim" to live with? *smh*.

Shifting goal posts to favour your own arguments seems to be your specialty. At least that much I've learnt from the time I've been on Nairaland and that's why am beginning to think I never should have taken any of your posts seriously.

If it makes you feel any better, Kenyan women keep various weapons in their houses with which they use to thrash their husbands. In fact, I have countless tales of men (including my next door neighbours) who've been thrashed by these women in a country where people still enjoy practicing their barbaric culture. Happy now?
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^
I'm happy with the report published by Kenyans themselves, one-third of all Kenyan men get regularly physically abused by their spouses, thus making physical abuse commonplace. The report is clear enough for everyone to understand.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by no1madman(m): 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2012
Kenyan Men r pussies. . . .
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

^^
I'm happy with the report published by Kenyans themselves, one-third of all Kenyan men get regularly physically abused by their spouses, thus making physical abuse commonplace. The report is clear enough for everyone to understand.

Then don't throw tantrums anytime you hear people saying Nigerians are crooks and ritualists. Many too have links and "reports" of incidences that reveal the same to be true. I hope your "happy button" will still be active.
Nice day.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
Good Girl:

Then don't throw tantrums anytime you hear people saying Nigerians are crooks and ritualists. Many too have links and "reports" of incidences that reveal the same to be true. I hope your "happy button" will still be active.
Nice day.
I won't throw tantrums so long as you have established your 'facts' the same way the Kenyans have. I have with me here the raw statistical evidence which the Kenyans used to come to their conclusion. I doubt if you have any to support your assertion. In the absence of any evidence, it is safe to say your comment that Nigerian men marry white ladies because of 'papers' is mere undiluted bigotry.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Dyamante(f): 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2012
Goodgirl now now i am kenyan too and let's not call a spade a big spoon,tell it as it is. Yes some men are battered by their wives but ofcourse they will never admit it in public,same applies to women being beaten by their husbands.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

undiluted bigotry.
Yeah. Something you're quite familiar with.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 8:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
people just like arguing, we end up missing the point. This is domestic violence at its worst and it doesnt matter who is beating who.

its still violence and people need better ways of resolving disputes.

A man who beats up a woman is not a hero but a coward! This argument seems to suggest that it would have been less shameful had it been the other way round! so is the woman who beats up her hubby. Coward. People must learn to just walk away from boiling lava b4 it erupts.

And crime is not limited to any country in particular. Its false for me to jump into conclusions about this country based on what I read on the crime section daily plus some nasty threads with links, esp the dehumanising ones of girls getting stripped in public for bb.

Jeez wht about the dude who ate his baby in guinea ? take a walk down that section and see blood dripping from hs mouth!
People in that country now hide their kids for fear of such lunatics! but is it fair to say that guinea men eat babies    undecided  cz one lunatic father chewed his baby like ball gum? angry angry

And fyi statistics will always favour of whoever is benefiting, in this case a men's organisation called 'maendeleo ya wanaume' since there is a sister one which has been so much in favour of women suffering abuse. The men need a voice too oh and lots of funding. grin

THIS 22 YR OLD GUY WAS BEATEN BY GOONS HIRED BY THE WIFE. She is not the one who beat him up. lol
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by onila(f): 8:51pm On Feb 10, 2012
Central Kenya ‘top husband-beaters’

, this is another man recovering in the hospital after he sustained dip machete cuts. He narrowly escaped death in the hands of his wife!!!

Maendeleo ya Wanaume Organisation claims 460,000 cases of domestic abuse were reported in central Kenya, last year.

Of these, 150,000 had reported undergoing emotional abuse while 300,000 cases had been physically assaulted.

Mr Njoka, the NGO chairman claims 300,000 men in Central Kenya were battered by their spouses, making the region the worst place in the country for men in wedlock.

The provincial hospital now plans to start a gender violence section due to the rising cases of men abuse at home.

Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
Pendo needs to come and tell us that this report is fictitious as well! grin
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Dyamante(f): 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
Wow now Onila is getting abit carried away,
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by onila(f): 9:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
Dyamante:

Wow now Onila is getting abit carried away,

dont think i came here to make fun of kenyans

becauae i love what kenyan women are doing smiley these narcissistic african men need a lesson tongue
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 10:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

Pendo needs to come and tell us that this report is fictitious as well! grin

If that man above was my brother I would ask the cops to whip him more!! There's always a story behind every act and I like knowing that not getting moved by media pics.

Kenya has over 43 tribes and central kenya is called the food basket of Kenya. I dont want to start talking geography history and economics here so please google and find out why the white settlers settled in that region called the 'white highlands' in central.

Fastforward >> The tribe occupying that region are the most hardworking in the country.The women very enterprising and extremely hardworking.
There's always a nasty joke in Kenya that women there even Be Intimate while knitting baskets cz they love working to earn income,no time to laze around.
Its the reason central feeds the whole of kenya and produces the country's rich and elite ruling class cz of pure hardwork.

Now with that background, no lazy man stands a chance of succeeding there. These pathetic men getting beaten day in and out like crazy, are usually drunkards who refuse to work like the rest or just silly adulterers. The women due to their hardworking nature cannot stand that, so such cases arise.
I dont see what a 22 year old man is doing getting married!! angry angry

I do not condone but it seems the women are sending a message to the men to stop being lazy and adulterers. grin

But hey look at the good side.These men prefer not to hit back.

The lesson here is if you wanna marry a lady from there make sure you are equally hardworking cz those who are stay! The lazy borns God have mercy.

Its still domestic violence and not good to justify it like av done. I hate any form of violence.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by queensmith: 10:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
i dont believe the story, but lets imagine it's true.

Violence is no way to go. Instead can the women not simply avoid marrying these nuisance men and save themselves the misery?
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 10:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
Onila why dint you paste this below that pic? see I hadnt read the story in full but I said there must be a story behind each pic.

Mr Simon Kiguta, 40, and a father of two recovers .Mr Kiguta claims that he was attacked at night by his wife with a panga after he came home drunk on Monday night.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 10:57pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^
So you are justifying the widespread and well-documented husband battery that goes on in Kenya simply because a few men come home drunk?! Interesting!
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by InkedNerd(f): 11:02pm On Feb 10, 2012
@OP: Just wondering, why did you label this as a national emergency? Women all over Africa are being abused at a much higher rate than their male counterparts so why was there such a need to label this as a national emergency?

pendo89:

Onila why dint you paste this below that pic? see I hadnt read the story in full but I said there must be a story behind each pic.

Mr Simon Kiguta, 40, and a father of two recovers .Mr Kiguta claims that he was attacked at night by his wife with a panga after he came home drunk on Monday night.

Please ask her because this is starting to look one sided--not that I'm saying domestic violence of any sort is acceptable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Of Two Years Suddenly Says He's Not Ready / Guys And Sugar Mummies. / Ladies Meet The Man That Created The Trending Sex Dolls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.