Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! (12077 Views)

Inside Kenya's Sex Orgy Parties Where "No One Goes Back Home A Virgin" (Photos) / Two Women Fight Over A Man In Kenya Again (Photo) / 2 Women Fight Over A Man During A Football Match In Kenya (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 11:06pm On Feb 10, 2012
^^
I would argue that women are equally abusive to their husbands as well. The only reason the statistics point to a higher incidence of men abusing women is because of the African male ego. A husband would rather die in silence than complain that his wife physically abuses him at home. Therein lies the problem!

Thank god that the men of Kenya are starting to wake up to let the whole world know that domestic abuse works both ways.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

^^
So you are justifying the widespread and well-documented husband battery that goes on in Kenya simply because a few men come home drunk?! Interesting!

uuuhm do I sound that way? How many men come home drunk daily? How many get beaten as a result? What's the kenyan population?

These men are silly! how do u get beaten and why ?? omg  you must be very useless to receive suc. Women are very patient and take in a lot of trash but there's that breakin point and am sure this happens when they get there.

I emphasise again.ITS NOT JUSTIFIED!!. Its violence and criminal
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by InkedNerd(f): 11:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

^^
I would argue that women are equally abusive to their husbands as well. The only reason the statistics point to a higher incidence of men abusing women is because of the African male ego. A husband would rather die in silence than complain that his wife physically abuses him at home. Therein lies the problem!

Thank god that the men of Kenya are starting to wake up and let the whole world know that domestic abuse works both ways.

In as much as I have argued on behalf of men that do not come forward to report their own abuse I highly doubt that the abuse is of an equal scale. Yes, its good that these men are reporting these abuse they're being subjected to and yes, abuse does go both ways but to honestly sit here and say it is of an equal nature is quite preposterous. As pendo89 mentioned, some of these men getting beaten day in and out, are usually drunkards who refuse to work like the rest or just silly adulterers--while these men are being subjected to physical abuse, it would seem that some of these women may be emotionally abuse especially given the fact that some of these women though they may be married, may possibly be the one within the household actually taking care of the household affairs. Upon being subjected to having to care for the household affairs, some of these women are being taken advantage of financially. It's one thing to care for children and work, its another thing to feel that because of marriage you're then obligated to care for a grown and competent adult. In all, abuse of all sorts is wrong regardless of the gender being affected. And while I don't believe that the report as a whole is false, I do believe that there are indeed holes within this report.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 11:23pm On Feb 10, 2012
pendo89:

uuuhm do I sound that way? How many men come home drunk daily? How many get beaten as a result? What's the kenyan population?

[size=13pt]These men are silly![/size] how do u get beaten and why ?? omg  you must be very useless to receive suc. Women are very patient and take in a lot of trash but there's that breakin point and am sure this happens when they get there.

I emphasise again.ITS NOT JUSTIFIED!!. Its violence and criminal

I doubt it, I read in the report that between 150,000-300,000 Kenyan men are victims of domestic abuse. These are the men who were courageous enough to be respondents in the survey, we are not talking about the millions dying in silence. I strongly doubt all of them are silly like you would suggest. There must be an element of truth in this report, the whole study can't be fictitious.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 11:27pm On Feb 10, 2012
inked .exactly.

those beaten fellows drink like fish using hard earned money from their wives. They are very irresponsible neglecting kids and wives and spend days drinking.
look at those pics and see their tired faces. which hardworking serious man looks like that?

claremont:

I doubt it, I read in the report that between 150,000-300,000 Kenyan men are victims of domestic abuse. [b]These are the men who were courageous enough to be respondents in the survey, we are not talking about the millions dying in silence. I strongly doubt all of them are silly like you would suggest. There must be an element of truth in this report, the whole study can't be fictitious.[/b]

your middle name must be statistics. yes and the bolded made u conclude that all kenyan men get beaten!!
I know how statistics and NGO'S go hand in hand. If I want funding for my organisation like Njoka has been doing,yes hes been all over asking for funds,you look for statistics and proof.
That is exactly what is happening.Its ok nway cz some women are monsters if not tamed.
But the exaggeration? ooh puuliz.The no of women getting beaten by men exceeds this by far.  Look here,this guy njoka was mocked by men cz of the work he is doing.They said he was embarrassing the men and he was such a loner! So he had to be more innovative.
Any case now however small gives him miliage and good coverage. Good prospects as well. The funding will start streaming in cz a few lazy drunkards decided to misbehave  grin angry
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 11:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
pendo89:

inked .exactly.

those beaten fellows drink like fish using hard earned money from their wives. They are very irresponsible neglecting kids and wives and spend days drinking.
look at those pics and see their tired faces. which hardworking serious man looks like that?

There is no justification for husband battery no matter how much he drinks. The ladies involved in this knew fully well that their husbands were drunks even before they got married to them, and they still married them. This logic shows that husband battery is a trait that may be innate in females from that section of the country, they will still batter their husbands regardless of whether he drinks or not.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by InkedNerd(f): 11:45pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

There is no justification for husband battery no matter how much he drinks. The ladies involved in this knew fully well that their husbands were drunks even before they got married to them, and they still married them. This logic shows that husband battery is a trait that may be innate in females from that section of the country, they will still batter their husbands regardless of whether he drinks or not.

Can you please tell me, how on Earth you or anyone else knows that these women knew that these men were drunks beforehand or that they were fully aware? Just curious but do you live with them? Did you grow up with them? Do you know any of them personally?
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 11:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

LOL !! Theres absolutely no justification for domestic violence. It doesnt matter who is doing it and I have said it in my earlier post.

Are u trying to say that violence is a genetic trait? shocked Can you provide proof and figures?? So the guys who burn necklace thieves on lagos streets have 'burning traits in them? What of you guys who strip women for stealing bb. Its a common occurence. rem '
External behaviour modifies humans!
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by claremont(m): 11:50pm On Feb 10, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Can you please tell me, how on Earth you or anyone else knows that these women knew that these men were drunks beforehand or that they were fully aware? Did you live with them? Did you grow up with them? Do you know any of them personally?

There is absolutely no way in hell you can tell me that the whole of 150,000-300,000 men all started being drunks after they got married. It's not possible, you sef check am now!

pendo89:

LOL !! Theres absolutely no justification for domestic violence. It doesnt matter who is doing it and I have said it in my earlier post.

Are u trying to say that violence is a genetic trait? shocked External behaviour modifies humans.
We all know about husbands beating wives at the slightest whim, but not much is known about wives who beat husbands. It also deserves to be mentioned, husbands are also victims of abuse, and not only the abusers themselves. That's the point I'm trying to make, which this report from Kenya has clearly proven.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by InkedNerd(f): 11:52pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

There is absolutely no way in hell you can tell me that the whole of 150,000-300,000 men all started being drunks after they got married. It's not possible, you sef check am now!

I never said that claremont, so please don't put words in my mouth. I simply asked a series of questions because based on the way you worded your response it sounded as though you knew with the utmost certainty that theses supposed drunks have always been drunks.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 11:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
claremont:

We all know about husbands beating wives at the slightest whim, but not much is known about wives who beat husbands. It also deserves to be mentioned, husbands are also victims of abuse, and not only the abusers themselves. That's the point I'm trying to make, which this report from Kenya has clearly proven.

This is Kenya we r discussing here. These 'silly minority men' start drinking like fish when there's a coffee/tea boom.Before then they are responsible drinkers.
They drink school fees,rent,take all coffee money to the LovePeddlers etc. Now which hardwoking woman would stand that nonsense?
I am not saying they need a beating but read this from a local daily.

Women in Murang’a County (central)have raised alarm over emerging cases of husbands being sodomised by unknown criminals. Those targeted are mainly drunkards who under the influence of alcohol are unable to get home early.

women have many times held demonstrations to push the government to eradicate sale of illicit brews, which they blame for break-up of families and stagnation in population growth.

Shocked by the turn of events, women have opted to provide security to their spouses by picking them from their drinking dens to ensure they are not subjected to the beastly act by criminals.

These drunks cant even Be Intimate with their wives. Tell me for how long will you keep waiting for ur drunk spouse at the bar on a daily basis when you got kids to take care of? The patience wears off very fast and I guess its the reason they resort to beating.

oK Its still bad but these men need to upgrade.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 12:34am On Feb 11, 2012
Nursing his wounds at the hospital on Wednesday, Mr Kevin Muriuki, 22,shocked swore he would end his six-year marriage shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oover what he termed torture from his wife.
The hotel waiter from Skuta Estate is among many husbands in Central Province who claim they have been battered by their wives.
Mr Muriuki showed injuries he said were sustained, including a swollen back, seemingly the result of several whip lashes.
His head also had bumps, and he was limping after three men descended on him. His accusing fingers are pointing at his wife, a 21 year-old beautician, whom he claims hired his attackers.

Do the maths. 22 year old ending his 6 year marriage. angry undecided
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by onila(f): 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2012
There's an outbreak of husband battering in Nyeri, This man is the latest victim after the wife, attacked him with a machete.

Among the reported domestic violence cases in Africa, 50 to 70% of abuses are against women, the other 30% are against men. Many will see this 30% as a "laughing matter", yet this is not the case because most people will be surprised to know that there are around 300,000 men abused in and around Nyeri county.

Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
dis na wetin u dey get wen u marry a woman wey fat pass u grin
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by onila(f): 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2012
lol
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2012
Sorry to say this, but I have little sympathy for those Nyeri men that are being "battered". [b]Most [/b]men from that region (and Central Kenya in general) STINK and it's no wonder their women are fed-up!!! [b]Most [/b]Central Kenya men are LOUSY in every sense of the word (including the bedroom!)  angry angry
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by onila(f): 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2012
grin

that is why i like kenyan women

kenyan women and Nigerian women who are more sturbborn?
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2012
^^^Lol.
Under [i]normal [/i]circumstances, Kenyan women are reasonably docile. However, [b]most [/b]of these Central Kenya men have this strange capacity to turn Mother Theresa into Jezebel! They are gifted with the ability to unleash the demon in you! Am telling you Onila even the most patient of women will find them trying!!  angry

If it's not their irresponsible nature, it's always their lackluster performance (let's call it nonperformance) in the bedroom, the later being reason enough for any woman to purchase a machete and cut the man up into pieces!!  angry. And even at that, if you cannot perform in bed, at least PROVIDE for your family dammit! A man let's the woman "wear the pants" in the household and then wonders why he's being thrashed? He then runs to his "Godfather" to be counted as a statistic of domestic violence? Shame on him and his ancestors! It's only in Central Kenya where women are the sole breadwinners while their men just sit idle, become alcoholics and the few who defy nature and manage to get an income think they must spend that money on other women other than their wives!  angry angry angry

Personally, I don't condone violence but if ever at one point in my life am given the chance to condone it, then it will be when violence is being administered to a man from Central Kenya. They're so full of s[i]h[/i]it !  angry
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by onila(f): 3:44am On Feb 23, 2012
;d
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by honeylicking: 6:06am On Feb 23, 2012
My Nigerian sisters please know where to draw the line and don't try to be violent towards your husbands. Please I'm on bended knees. The repercussion will be grave but justifiable from the mans point of view. Please win your man with love and patience. I know my wife can't try it. I have vowed not to lay my hand on her either. Please I beg una. Make water no pass garri.
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Excelboi(m): 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
U go beat nigerian man? Hahaha! Am out!
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by pendo89(f): 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
lol
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by CRAZYKENYANGIR: 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2012
I am a kenyan woamn, yes, these men are not doing us right, infact i came across a blog the other day that explains why we kenyan women are so angry, check it out at http://amthatcrazyafricanchick.
Its called "endangered species,my ass"
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by joeland(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2012
onila:

Kevin Muiruri displays whip lashes at the Nyeri Provincial General Hospital Wednesday. He was allegedly attacked by his wife at Jeti Village in Sikuta,Nyeri. Husband beating is common in this county lately

This is total bullshit. The men in Nyeri are generrally drunkards and there was a time women were domenstrating about local brew. So don't insult all Kenyan men because of one stupid locality. I know some people who comment here have very tiny brains, but please please use the tiny brain!!!! smiley sad
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2012
xynerise:
see 4k up undecided

undecided undecided
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
onila:

Kevin Muiruri displays whip lashes at the Nyeri Provincial General Hospital Wednesday. He was allegedly attacked by his wife at Jeti Village in Sikuta,Nyeri. Husband beating is common in this county lately
E BE LIKE SAY NAIJA babes should be gettin training lessons frm kenyan babes grin
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by newspapers: 8:14am On Dec 03, 2014
Never heard about Nyeri Country before until i was reading about a child molested on http://www.divanaija.com.ng/omotola-jalade-ekeinde-mark-20-years-entertainment/

Its good to be current and updated oooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Husband Beating In Kenya Is Very Common: National Emergency! by slightlyMad(f): 9:18am On Dec 03, 2014
how much does tickets to Kenya cost these days?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Meet The Man That Created The Trending Sex Dolls / Guys And Sugar Mummies. / Are You Faithful In Your Current Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.