Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Euro 2012 All-Action Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Euro 2012 All-Action Thread (18747 Views)

Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Spain (2 - 4) On Penalties On 27th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Denmark Vs Portugal (2 - 3) Group B Match: On 13th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Czech Republic Vs Poland (1 - 0) On 16th June 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 11:36pm On May 27, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
The forward line is rather uninspiring. I see Pedro getting quite some game time. Torres is likely to lead the line in all the group games, until maybe Del Bosque loses patience.

Tbh I think you are being bit too harsh.
Which of the other Major contenders have forward lines that is inspiring?....Is It Germany?? France Italy?? England??

Bloody Hell here I was thinking Llorente was a dead cert with regards to who was going to lead the line.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 11:43pm On May 27, 2012
chic2pimp:

Tbh I think you are being bit too harsh.
Which of the other Major contenders have forward lines that is inspiring?....Is It Germany?? France Italy?? England??

Bloody Hell here I was thinking Llorente was a dead cert with regards to who was going to lead the line.

Oranje. Huntelaar and RVP look in sparkling form. That's why I am backing them as a strong outside bet, to upset the Germany-Spain applecart grin

Llorente, I wouldn't start with. Largely untested at these levels. I'd still start Torres in a 4-2-3-1, but I can almost guarantee frustration.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 27, 2012
medjai: Spain NT's final Euro list:

Goal Keepers: Casillas (Real Madrid), Valdés (Barcelona), Reina (Liverpool).

Defense: Juanfran (Atlético), Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Piqué (Barcelona), Javi Martínez (Athletic), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Jordi Alba (Valencia), Albiol (Real Madrid).

Midfield: Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Cesc (Barcelona), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Xavi (Barcelona), Iniesta (Barcelona), Cazorla (Villarreal).

Forwards: Pedro (Barcelona), Mata (Chelsea), Jesús Navas (Sevilla), Silva (Manchester City), Llorente (Athletic), Torres (Chelsea), Negredo (Sevilla).

So Torres is in finally?
Guess they just had to bow to pressure.

Not sure what FT is doing on that team.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 11:52pm On May 27, 2012
BlueDiva:

So Torres is in finally?
Guess they just had to bow to pressure.

Not sure what FT is doing on that team.

Haba, BD. In a tournament like this, you need experience. Plus, no Villa, who is by far the best striker Spain has produced since Raul, maybe even better.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 12:01am On May 28, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Oranje. Huntelaar and RVP look in sparkling form. That's why I am backing them as a strong outside bet, to upset the Germany-Spain applecart grin

Llorente, I wouldn't start with. Largely untested at these levels. I'd still start Torres in a 4-2-3-1, but I can almost guarantee frustration.

After the dutch, the spanish are next best so I don't see any cause for alarm. Besides as I type Mathijsen is a doubt after suffering a hamstring strain and If he fails to make it their defence becomes weakened.

True dat Llorente is untested. I guess it's a straight choice between in form but untested Llorente and out form but Tested Torres.

AjanleKoko:

Haba, BD. In a tournament like this, you need experience. Plus, no Villa, who is by far the best striker Spain has produced since Raul, maybe even better.
Better IMHO!!!.... At the very least for La Furia Roja
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 12:11am On May 28, 2012
chic2pimp:

After the dutch, the spanish are next best so I don't see any cause for alarm.

As per strikers, I wouldn't be quick to agree with you there.
RVP and Huntelaar are number 3 and 4 on the European scoring charts. Spain's highest this last season is Roberto Soldado at 34 - and he has been dropped.

Obviously Del Bosque has gone for NT experience over current form. I hope for his sake it all works out.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 7:25am On May 28, 2012
AjanleKoko:

He will most likely be brought from the bench when the game is won already. . .lol
It seems silly dropping Soldado for Torres. I wish them good luck.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 8:15am On May 28, 2012
BlueDiva:

He will most likely be brought from the bench when the game is won already. . .lol
It seems silly dropping Soldado for Torres. I wish them good luck.

Hmm.
I think it should have been Soldado, Llorente, Torres, and any other striker that has shown good form.
Del Bosque seems to have picked Pedro based on his very recent form. He's been poor for most of the season. Or maybe they shoulda even dropped one of the army of midfielders.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 8:16am On May 28, 2012
See Italians again oh. Betting scandal again, on the eve of the Euros! shocked
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mukina2: 3:36pm On May 28, 2012
Gareth Barry is ruled out of England's Euro 2012 squad with a lower abdomen injury. Phil Jagielka has been called up as his replacement.

hummm grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 4:00pm On May 28, 2012
mukina2: Gareth Barry is ruled out of England's Euro 2012 squad with a lower abdomen injury. Phil Jagielka has been called up as his replacement.

hummm grin

Makes almost no difference.
Abi this will be their reason for getting bundled out as usual?
England will surprise all of us this time around grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 4:15pm On May 28, 2012
AjanleKoko: See Italians again oh. Betting scandal again, on the eve of the Euros! shocked
Dude is innocent......He'll clear his name.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by medjai(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Hmm.
I think it should have been Soldado, Llorente, Torres, and any other striker that has shown good form.
Del Bosque seems to have picked Pedro based on his very recent form. He's been poor for most of the season. Or maybe they shoulda even dropped one of the army of midfielders.
Soldado finished the season in awful form - 4 goals in his last 24 games, whereas Negredo finished it white hot. 11 goals in his last 14 matches, and when Soldado is bad he's really bad. that makes perfect sense.

Torres over Adrian (or midfielders like Beñat or Isco?) less so but perhaps for continuity it's good.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Roland17(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2012
I can't wait for the Marseilles to ring the air waves announcing the arrival of Les Blues.. i love the fact that no one is paying too much attention to the team now.. The media is focused on Spain, England( eternal floppers)Holland and Germany.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 28, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Makes almost no difference.
Abi this will be their reason for getting bundled out as usual?

Lol. . .exactly.
I give them q/finals max.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by Basics007: 7:14am On May 29, 2012
Still pissed off Soldado wont be at Euro. It's the most inexplicable drop so far in all the squads announced. Even if Torres is going based on NT experience what about Negredo? Guy must be wondering what else he must do to get in the national team these days
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mykali(m): 9:05am On May 29, 2012
^^Negredo is in
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mukina2: 11:44am On May 29, 2012
There was no second chance for Yoann Gourcuff as France coach Laurent Blanc shut the door on the Olympique Lyon playmaker's Euro 2012 hopes when he named his final 23-man squad on Tuesday.

i kinda like Gourcuff sad

Final Squad:

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Olympique Marseille), Cedric Carrasso (Girondins Bordeaux).

Defenders: Gael Clichy (Manchester City), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Philippe Mexes (AC Milan), Adil Rami (Valencia), Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Anthony Reveillere (Olympique Lyon).

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle United), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Samir Nasri (Manchester City), Alou Diarra (Olympique Marseille), Yann M'vila (Stade Rennes), Marvin Martin (Sochaux), Blaise Matuidi (Paris Saint-Germain).

Forwards: Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Olivier Giroud (Montpellier), Jeremy Menez (Paris Saint-Germain), Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique Marseille).
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by 1025: 6:14pm On May 29, 2012
i am tipping chelsea to win again. in fact, chelsea will also win afcon 2013 as well as world cup 2014. up chelsea, the sky is blue.
sorry everybody, i was reliably informed that uefa officially invited chelsea to play among countries and this is the first time this will happen so chelsea fans shld all be ready to support our winning team.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by dayokanu(m): 8:03pm On May 29, 2012
Germany will have the youngest squad at the EURO, with an average age of 24 years and 11 months. Poland are the second-youngest (25 years, 7months) followed by Denmark (27 years, 0 months) and England (27 years, 1 month)
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mbulela: 3:50pm On May 30, 2012
AjanleKoko:

That is a joke,right?
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 5:30pm On May 30, 2012
mbulela:
That is a joke,right?

Joke ke?
Stats cannot lie, bro.

Villa: 82 NT apearances, 51 NT goals, 0.62 goals/game.
Raul: 102 NT appearances, 44 goals. 0.43 goals/game.

So I was just being modest. David Villa is the best striker Spain has produced since Di Stefano (who is Argentine by birth).
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2012
Terrible News For The Three Lions

Champions League Winner Frank Lampsrd is a major doubt for Euro 2012.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 9:13pm On May 30, 2012
chic2pimp: Terrible News For The Three Lions

Champions League Winner Frank Lampsrd is a major doubt for Euro 2012.

*sign*
England, the footballing nation, kinda short on, ah, footballers embarassed

Let 'em replace him with Carrick I guess. At least to keep things pumping grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 6:13pm On May 31, 2012
Tragedy has struck with Regards to the Three Lions

Frank Lampard has been ruled out of the tournament. How they'll cop with the loss of a key player remains to be seen.

They'll definitely miss Lampard's Big Game and Big Tournament experience.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18265377
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mukina2: 8:04pm On May 31, 2012
hehehe just saw it on the news grin

engerrland na wa o grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chic2pimp(m): 8:39pm On May 31, 2012
Another Bad news!!!

This time it's the Les Blues

Yann M'Villa is almost certainly out of Euro 2012.......Dude was inconsolable on the french bench after being substituted.

Absloutely gutted for the Lad.
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by chamotex(m): 10:22pm On May 31, 2012
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by adebayo201: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2012
mukina2: hehehe just saw it on the news grin

engerrland na wa o grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by isalegan2: 5:48am On Jun 01, 2012
AjanleKoko:

England are forever 'choke'full of surprises:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZEzn1Xnziw

Off-camera, in the 46th second mark, Fabio Capello lost his will to live. cry
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by mukina2: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2012
chic2pimp: Another Bad news!!!

This time it's the Les Blues

Yann M'Villa is almost certainly out of Euro 2012.......Dude was inconsolable on the french bench after being substituted.

Absloutely gutted for the Lad.
was watching the match yesterday it pained me ehn cry i wish it was nasri or clichy tongue
Re: Euro 2012 All-Action Thread by AjanleKoko: 9:56am On Jun 01, 2012
^^
He's not yet ruled out. It's a muscle tear in the ankle, but he has 11 days to pick up his fitness. Blanc is optimistic. Worst case he might miss the England game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Sevilla Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 19th June 2020 / Vitoria de Guimaraes Vs Arsenal : Europa League (1 - 1) On 6th November 2019 / Aston Villa Vs Arsenal (1 - 0) On 9th December 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.