Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8735543 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:57pm On Feb 24, 2012
coogar:

everyone loves rotation.
the gaffer has to keep everyone happy by giving them minutes - that is no problem.
the problem i have with him is putting 7-9 players who are just recovering from injuries at the same time.
fergie can play 10 unfit strikers in a match. he can play 10 unfit midfielders or 10 unfit defenders and he would put them in awkward positions to satisfy his lust.

fair play to him for admitting he made a blunder. i hope he doesn't make such again this season.

I don't think we have any more games for him to be playing Russian Roulette anymore.
We are two points behind in the league - so unless his old age has caught up with him, every game is a cup final for us now.
I watched Bilbao last time and they will be a stiffer test for us - beat Lokomotiv with 10 men so I cant see him taking chances anymore.
But then again, this is Fergie we are talking about - nothing he does surprises me anymore. FFS this man has played Berbatov in defence before. WTF?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2012
chamotex:

I don't think we have any more games for him to be playing Russian Roulette anymore.
We are two points behind in the league - so unless his old age has caught up with him, every game is a cup final for us now.
I watched Bilbao last time and they will be a stiffer test for us - beat Lokomotiv with 10 men so I cant see him taking chances anymore.
But then again, this is Fergie we are talking about - nothing he does surprises me anymore. FFS this man has played Berbatov in defence before. WTF?

berbatov in the defence with valencia and carrick also in the same defence unit.
how crazy can a gaffer get? i don't care the number of injuries the squad cops. if the reserves cannot produce players who can fill in for injured players then we should scrap the academy and forget producing youths.

berbatov and carrick shouldn't be playing in the defence.
js park and rafael shouldn't be playing as central midfielders.
one of these days, fergie would play his wife as a goalie. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BasseyJ(m): 7:04pm On Feb 24, 2012
hahaha, coogar you sef na wa. LWKMD grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
To get to where Baba has gotten you need a little eccentricity, it was makes him a genius. Einstein e.t.c all had it.  grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 7:08pm On Feb 24, 2012
Leave Coogar oh, dnt u knw e is d right hand of Fergie undecided he knws watsoever happens or wil happen in OT. I love dat guy! sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2012
coogar:

berbatov in the defence with valencia and carrick also in the same defence unit.
how crazy can a gaffer get? i don't care the number of injuries the squad cops. if the reserves cannot produce players who can fill in for injured players then we should scrap the academy and forget producing youths.

berbatov and carrick shouldn't be playing in the defence.
js park and rafael shouldn't be playing as central midfielders.
one of these days, fergie would play his wife as a goalie. grin

I wont be surprised.
In recent years, Fergie has played Giggs at Left Back, Evra at Right Back, Rooney as Defensive Midfielder, Rafael as CM
Wait! Na so craze dey start o grin grin
Next it will be Mike Phelan as Attacking Midfielder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
montelik:

To get to where Baba has gotten you need a little eccentricity, it was makes him a genius. Einstein e.t.c all had it.  grin

Other managers cant do what Fergie does and get away with it.
Few weeks back, Barca rested Fabregas, Iniesta and Xavi and lost to Osasuna.

If Mancini takes out Yaya, Kompany and Silva from his team - I'm sure they will struggle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
chamotex:

I wont be surprised.
In recent years, Fergie has played Giggs at Left Back, Evra at Right Back, Rooney as Defensive Midfielder, Rafael as CM
Wait! Na so craze dey start o grin grin
Next it will be Mike Phelan as Attacking Midfielder

it's a price we have to pay for having such a successful manager.
after 12 league titles, 4 european cups, etc - who can question fergie's wisdom.
if a manager can win the league title on the back of a miserable 5 away victories then fergie is immune to criticism.

this is how he would wobble n fumble to another league title having played phelan as a winger and sir bobby charlton as a striker. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2012
true talk.his history of unprecedented success gives him the freedom and benefit of d doubt to experiment and make anomalous decisions.we all know that a certain amount of megalomania and delusion of grandeur comes with success like fergie has had,lets just hope he knows d limits of his abilities and structures his teams accordingly.coaches like fergie,JM n guardiola r liable to make eccentric moves cos they believe they r special n beloved by d gods.i tink there was a certain match in which chelsea was behind some years back and mourinho removed 2 defenders and brought on 2 forwards and moved essien to defense,after going ahead he removed a forward and brought on a defender using 3 formations in d space of 30mins.if it had backfired n dey had leaked goals when playin wit only 2 natural defenders,people would hv questioned mourinho's sanity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^ Isn't that how Baba went gun-ho attacking against City after going down to 10 men and trailing 3-0, till we ended up enduring humiliation at home in d Manchester derby. Some times it backfires spectacularly, but it works most times in euphoric fashion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:19pm On Feb 24, 2012
montelik:

^^ Isn't that how Baba went gun-ho attacking against City after going down to 10 men and trailing 3-0, till we ended up enduring humiliation at home in d Manchester derby. Some times it backfires spectacularly, but it works most times in euphoric fashion.

i would have beaten city if i was the manager on the day. . . .

it was obvious welbeck was having brain-farts on the day. fergie should have removed welbeck for phil jones.
one of nani/young for valencia and set up the formation as 4-2-3

smalling - rio - jones - evra
------anderson---fletcher-----
valencia----rooney----nani/young.

when defending, it becomes 4-4-1, when attacking, it's 4-2-3.
in the 80th minute, remove evra for hernandez and go 3-4-2 if we are still chasing.

fergie in his wisdom simply moved fletcher to right back and left the midfield too open.
city could have sailed the titanic in our midfield without any challenge and left us playing 4-1-4.

fletcher---rio---smalling---evra
--------------anderson-------------
nani----rooney---welbeck--young
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2012

Another one for d growing collection
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:33pm On Feb 24, 2012
my best moment in the game. . . .
berbatov's curly pass to hernandez.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^^^ berba's play there was top notch . . . .chica's finish was , GOOD(the usual). . buh his 1st 2 touches . . . . .awesome
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2012
i said d guy SUBTRACTED d ajax defender Alderwireld from d equation.3 very nice touches from d little pea,it gud to see him score a goal dt requires more than one touch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2012
United sha a! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 25, 2012
I remembered d events @ St carrol 7 yrs ago,
United got a shock of there life from already relegated Norwich
Hope history wont repeat itself
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by niniman(m): 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2012
ogbeche77:

I remembered d events @ St carrol 7 yrs ago,
United got a shock of there life from already relegated Norwich
Hope history wont repeat itself
That won't happen when we are trailing citeh,

line up today
United: De Gea; Jones, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs; Welbeck, Hernandez. Subs: Amos, Fabio, Rafael, Smalling, Park, Young, Berbatov.

Norwich: Ruddy; Naughton, Ward, Whitbread, Drury; Pilkington, Johnson, Fox, Surman; Holt, Jackson. Subs: Steer, Morison, Crofts, Hoolahan, Bennett, Barnett, Wilbraham.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2012
Make una dey update ooo,
Not chanced 2 watch d match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2012
paul scholes
he scores goals
he scores goals galore
he scores goals
paul scholes
he scores goals!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2012
and people r saying evra's form hasnt dipped? check out d way he allowed pilkington move past him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2012
despite d 2 week break evra is still getting beaten a little too easily. of course having giggs on d left doesn't really help.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
dt shud b no xcuse.in dt pilkington move he had help from 2 other players and all he had to do was track pilkington who was passing d ball for an obvious one-two move.but evra was just trotting behind d guy like his personal prince phillip angry
if d guy isnt interested in defending he should not b startin for d club and i rily dont believe some1 wit his mentality should b captain,he might talk d talk but he doesnt walk d walk enuf IMO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
baba giggs!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2012
danny welbeck is a liability.
but for the undying spirit, he would have made us piss off 2 points today again.
how many chances does he need to put them away? and to think fergie removed hernandez and kept welbeck on the pitch was atrocious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2012
that wellbeck should have been a born throway,damn too wasteful for my liking
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:39pm On Feb 26, 2012
u r on point dt welbeck almost cost us points today,his finishing was faecal!
but to b fair to fergie he removed hernandez cos he wanted to plug d holes in midfield n play a lone striker and we both know dt welbeck is more suited to dt role than chicharito PLUS chicharito wasnt playing to well before he removed either.however wt i would like to know is wt was berba doing on d bench for 90mins? infact y didnt he start dis match esp since rooney wasnt playing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Effiko(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2012
i gotta agree too . . . .welbeck shoulda put away dat header . . . .chica wouldnt miss dat . . . .nani was horrible today nd evra too . . . . .ferdinand had a good game . . . .de gea saved our ass tho . . . . . .shout out 2 GIGGS
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2012
Welbeck missed 2 chances. One badly missed free header and a deft goal bound chip cleared. But besides one tame shot in d 1st half what did Chica do for over an hour.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2012
montelik:

Welbeck missed 2 chances. One badly missed free header and a deft goal bound chip cleared. But besides one tame shot in d 1st half what did Chica do for over an hour.

the game opened up when chicharito was removed and there's no way chicharito wouldn't have scored the chances welbeck missed.
chicharito would have buried that header, he wouldn't have attempted to chip ruddy for the one the defender cleared off the line and chicharito would have certainly buried the one v one with the goalkeeper.

let's face it - welbeck is not clinical.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2012
my point exactly! welbeck had d better game of d 2 before chicharito was taken off.added to dis is d fact dt welbeck is a better bet for d lone striker role,i see y fergie took off hernandez.however welbeck had better improve his finshing n learn how to take such chances or else he will b shown d way out.at d same time chicharito has to learn to improve his own game too i.e ball control,holdup play,passing n dribbling/running wit d ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2012
montelik:

If Welbeck is commanding so many starting berths,why shouldn't his record be better?Why shouldn't he be burying at least one of those chances?
Why does your argument have to bring in Hernandez?The issue is Welbeck's ineffectiveness.All motion without movement.Jam-bodi football at its apex.
Hernandez is a better option any day even on his worst day.No need for further arguments.
I'm waiting for those Welbeck defenders who feel he needs to improve his all-round game(I.e. work-rate) as against his finishing.
The boy is an oaf.Plain and simple.To think Berbatov is picking wooden splinters out of his butt on the bench because of the mediocre is annoying to say the least.
Fergie actually subbed Hernandez in Favour of Welbeck.
The man is truly getting senile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: daharry(m), Dantedasz(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.