Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8866267 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
coogar: clatterbütt ruined the game & handed the game to leicester free of charge. we needed to be calm at that point & stop feeling sorry for ourselves then rooney made a horrible clearance to give leicester the equaliser.

i was satisfied with the football we played until the first leicester penalty. we didn't lose to bad football today, we lost because clatterburg wanted a physical game & refused to penalise leicester for their thuggish football"

it's a learning curve - shout out to rafael, blackett, blind, herrera, falcao & di maria. they were good value for money - rooney's captainship should be taken away from him. he's not a leader......at the time the younger players needed guidance today, rooney failed to provide one.

we go again next week.....

the future is bright!
The summary is that we lack a leader at the back.

Our attack is average without Di maria.

I hope LvG is not obsessed with RVP.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
SailorXY: i see no reason to lament, it was a great game of football. we cant complain about the performance abeg, wetin dey worry man utd fans sef. an unfortunate turn of events turned the game in Leicester's favor, even tho the defending could have been better. we will need our forwards to do a lot of scoring @ least till January. i choose to see the positive improvements in ur football, e be like say una don forget how poorly we dey play until recently wink wink wink the team will gel as the season progresses.
hopefully we can have Smalling & Rojo for CB next week, we keep getting unlucky injuries.

exactly my sentiments.....
the football we played today is the best i have seen in the last 18 months or so. the difference between LVG & moyes is mammoth.

in the present era, we know LVG is couple of defenders away from building a monster squad while playing good football. with moyes, the football was rubbish even on some days we got the results.....it's a gradual process.

however, LVG made some daft substitutions. at 3-3, we needed the input of falcao & di maria the most. unless they were really knackered or injured, they were the wrong players to hook off. rooney & RVP can't keep getting "special privileges" when their performance has been mostly below par when they should be standing up to be counted.

januzaj should be loaned out - he has regressed badly. mata was mata - he's better when he starts games rather than coming on as a sub. the intensity & the pace of the game had overtaken whatever mata was bringing from the bench. leicester had only 5 attempts today & all those 5 shots were converted to goals.

it was so bizarre!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
chrisley024: I pray for our team. My only consolation is that other top teams are dropping points.

That which is your consolation is my annoyance. We are supposed to quickly move ahead of our rivals. We haven't played any big team sef.

Let's hope they sought this things out quickly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Nihilist: Is Falcao even better than Abbey George?
tell me wetin Costa and Fabregas play today. i can count off-hand how many touches of the ball Costa got before the refereee assistance shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
SailorXY: i see no reason to lament, it was a great game of football. we cant complain about the performance abeg, wetin dey worry man utd fans sef. an unfortunate turn of events turned the game in Leicester's favor, even tho the defending could have been better. we will need our forwards to do a lot of scoring @ least till January. i choose to see the positive improvements in ur football, e be like say una don forget how poorly we dey play until recently wink wink wink the team will gel as the season progresses.
hopefully we can have Smalling & Rojo for CB next week, we keep getting unlucky injuries.
Rojo at the CB?! He should take the bench. I believe on of our CBs will be fit before then.

Rafael, Smalling, Jones and Shaw should have that defence until we buy. They have more epl experience.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
chrisley024: The summary is that we lack a leader at the back.

Our attack is average without Di maria.

I hope LvG is not obsessed with RVP.

Very very true!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jerk: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 8:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
DJ coded01 no dull me na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
elampiro:

That which is your consolation is my annoyance. We are supposed to quickly move ahead of our rivals. We haven't played any big team sef.

Let's hope they sought this things out quickly.

Since we're not winning it should be our consolation then
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
coogar: clatterbütt ruined the game & handed the game to leicester free of charge. we needed to be calm at that point & stop feeling sorry for ourselves then rooney made a horrible clearance to give leicester the equaliser.

i was satisfied with the football we played until the first leicester penalty. we didn't lose to bad football today, we lost because clatterburg wanted a physical game & refused to penalise leicester for their thuggish football"

it's a learning curve - shout out to rafael, blackett, blind, herrera, falcao & di maria. they were good value for money - rooney's captainship should be taken away from him. he's not a leader......at the time the younger players needed guidance today, rooney failed to provide one.

we go again next week.....

the future is bright!

When will you retire from unnecessary Rooney bashing? Rooney played a very good game today. That clearance could have happened to anyone based on the spinning of the ball. We saw more horrible clearance from many of our players recently. All that needed to be done was defend well, after all we still got a lot of players behind the ball.

Overall Rooney's play today and awareness was commendable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
coogar:

the football we played today is the best i have seen in the last 18 months or so. the difference between LVG & moyes is mammoth.

in the present era, we know LVG is couple of defenders away from building a monster squad while playing good football. with moyes, the football was rubbish even on some days we got the results.....it's a gradual process.

however, LVG made some daft substitutions. at 3-3, we needed the input of falcao & di maria the most. unless they were really knackered or injured, they were the wrong players to hook off. rooney & RVP can't keep getting "special privileges" when their performance has been mostly below par when they should be standing up to be counted.

januzaj should be loaned out - he has regressed badly. mata was mata - he's better when he starts games rather than coming on as a sub. the intensity & the pace of the game had overtaken whatever mata was bringing from the bench. leicester had only 5 attempts today & all those 5 shots were converted to goals.

it was so bizarre!
Removing Di maria was beyond me when we've RVP that was dulling our game and offering nothing.

Don't see any wrong Janizaj did today o. He was still better than Mata that gifted them the 3 point by that 4th goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
barackohandso: DJ abeg sama me "loni ni" by 9ice make I take groove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFIvQaFpcLA

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
coogar:

it was so bizarre!
i didnt even fancy the starting 11. Mata is the No. 10 we have, he should start there & play there. the balance will be better with him in his position.
Rooney did well but he's not the best we have for the position, he should fight for his place upfront.
Januzaj only need game time, he's undoubtedly a big talent. the problem is that he doesnt really seem to fit in anywhere with the formations LvG have adopted so far. if we are going to use 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 when Carrick is back, then he will more than have his fair share of games & influence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
elampiro:
When will you retire from unnecessary Rooney bashing? Rooney played a very good game today. That clearance could have happened to anyone based on the spinning of the ball. We saw more horrible clearance from many of our players recently. All that needed to be done was defend well, after all we still got a lot of players behind the ball.

Overall Rooney's play today and awareness was commendable.

overall, rooney was shyte!
his clearance caused the equaliser. that moment of the game, we needed calm heads. what's so difficult in rooney putting the ball out of touch so his defenders can take a breather?

the clearance couldn't have happened to anyone. all the other goals were excusable - rooney's clearance is so poor - OPTA described it as an error leading to a goal. only rooney got that mark out of 14 players that played for us today. he's a useless captain.

after making the error, he still had the gumption to scream at de gea & blackett for his own stupïdity. instead of rallying round to get the morale of the team up, he was busy chatting shyte to clatterburg. he should borrow a leaf from kompany & terry. rooney's idiòtic rants to the referee could even be the reason referees are shafting us....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
chrisley024: Removing Di maria was beyond me when we've RVP that was dulling our game and offering nothing.

Don't see any wrong Janizaj did today o. He was still better than Mata that gifted them the 3 point by that 4th goal

It looks like Di Maria can't play 90 mins in the EPL for now. He gets exhausted after 65 mins.

I support Falcao should have been left on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
Tval: Dj gimme olamide turn up. Make pple turn up for dis party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-l8mEqBj4

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
chrisley024: Rojo at the CB?! He should take the bench. I believe on of our CBs will be fit before then.

Rafael, Smalling, Jones and Shaw should have that defence until we buy. They have more epl experience.
i cant fault him much for any goal.
the first goal was partly his fault for not being fast enough but then, Evans could have done better with his marking inside the box! besides, ball already crossed the line sad
the fourth goal, he tried a one-two with mata on the left flank, it wasnt his fault that mata slipped at a terrible time angry angry ... and Blackett could have covered the acres of space behind him inside of attacking a ball he would never recover embarassed embarassed inexperience impersonified
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
SailorXY:
i didnt even fancy the starting 11. Mata is the No. 10 we have, he should start there & play there. the balance will be better with him in his position.

Rooney isn't the ideal "hole man" but I think he did well there today.

If we remove Mata's goals this season, his performances actually vindicate mourihno's decision to have him shipped out.

Mata has to start dictating proceedings from the hole!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
Tval: Clatterfo0l has always been a goat, I remember vividly what he did to Chelsea against man u two seasons ago. The most surprising thing was that man u fans didn't insult or curse him when he did that to Chelsea. It won't be nice if you guys didn't have a taste of that. So enjoy it

DJ nack me "the matter" by wizzy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrhyYcSrQkY

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Arsene Wenger na crook, Welbeck for RVP...

Future for the past,...

Dj abeg wey you, hala me something for Falcao biko, LvG we dey salute...

Oya na...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
Dadehmola:

Rooney isn't the ideal "hole man" but I think he did well there today.

If we remove Mata's goals this season, his performances actually vindicate mourihno's decision to have him shipped out.

Mata has to start dictating proceedings from the hole!!
if hes taken out because of his work-rate against the physical teams, then Herrera should take the spot with Fletcher/Carrick sitting with Blind. i dont like the make-shift stuff @ all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
SailorXY:

the starting xi was good enough - everyone just needed to be on point. herrera & blind played ever so well in that first half. we should have put daylight between us & leicester in that first half.

then we got the third goal early in the second half. the turning point was the rafael penalty. the momentum swung then....rooney being the captain had to be the calm head to slow things down & take the fire out of leicester....

what did he do? he gave leicester the equaliser as a gift & still had the gall to scream at blackett. who does that? passing his own responsibility to a young player? SAF would have hooked off rooney at that stage.

Rooney did well but he's not the best we have for the position, he should fight for his place upfront.
Januzaj only need game time, he's undoubtedly a big talent. the problem is that he doesnt really seem to fit in anywhere with the formations LvG have adobted so far. if we are going to use 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 when Carrick is back, then he will more than have his fair share of games & influence

that's exactly the point.....
he doesn't even seem to know what's required of him. subs are meant to impact on the game & change it. januzaj is more concerned about sëxy football than playing out of his skin to alter the course of a game to our advantage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
When Man Utd were up 1-3, Coogar & Elampiro be like...

But when Man Utd went down 5-3, Coogar vs Elampiro be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GLuydiMe4

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
coogar:

overall, rooney was shyte!
his clearance caused the equaliser. that moment of the game, we needed calm heads. what's so difficult in rooney putting the ball out of touch so his defenders can take a breather?

the clearance couldn't have happened to anyone. all the other goals were excusable - rooney's clearance is so poor - OPTA described it as an error leading to a goal. only rooney got that mark out of 14 players that played for us today. he's a useless captain.

after making the error, he still had the gumption to scream at de gea & blackett for his own stupïdity. instead of rallying round to get the morale of the team up, he was busy chatting shyte to clatterburg. he should borrow a leaf from kompany & terry. rooney's idiòtic rants to the referee could even be the reason referees are shafting us....

Tell me the captainship is causing you sleepless nights. Rooney gave an oustanding performance from the number 10 against a power playing team. He made life easy for Falcao with his attacking thru the middle and creativity.

Hope you are aware RVP ought to have sent us 5-1 or 6-1 up. If it were Rooney that have missing good chances as RVP did in recent matches you would have crashed nairaland server with posts. If RVP had converted those chances, we could just have been passing the ball around.

Apart from the missed chances, RVP was sending passes from final third back to centre circle area, even though Falcao, Di Maria and Rooney were well positioned for an attack in the box. And he was very sluggish.

In that match, everyone knew RVP was a short one, yet he played 90 mins,

I am not surprised sha. Keep typing......

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
SailorXY:
i cant fault him much for any goal.
the first goal was partly his fault for not being fast enough but then, Evans could have done better with his marking inside the box! besides, ball already crossed the line sad
the fourth goal, he tried a one-two with mata on the left flank, it wasnt his fault that mata slipped at a terrible time angry angry ... and Blackett could have covered the acres of space behind him inside of attacking a ball he would never recover embarassed embarassed inexperience impersonified
I'm yet to see what he's even good at. Neither good at attack(which Shaw will surely give us) nor at defending. His positioning is piss poor which led to the most exposure of our defence from that left side. Not to mention the rate at which he losses possession.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
Spy360: Arsene Wenger na crook, Welbeck for RVP...

Future for the past,...

Oya na...
What's this one saying?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
chrisley024: I'm yet to see what he's even good at. Neither good at attack(which Shaw will surely give us) nor at defending. His positioning is piss poor which led to the most exposure of our defence from that left side. Not to mention the rate at which he losses possession.
you couldnt pin any goal-leading fault @ his door, so what is his problem?
hes not the best attacking LB, yes! but his solid defensively as far as im concerned
anyway, i dont share your sentiments, but lets see how things look like by January
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
Anyone who thinks Rooney is not a number 10 after his outstanding performance against a very physical Leicester side today, must be either a joke or a witch hunter. Rooney provided great creativity and passing options to the whole team. He did everything via the middle in a very physical match.

And to think someone is defending Mata awful play. Someone sent in to help find and equalizer ended the match for us by 'assisting' a Leicester goal. If it were SAF, Mata won't play till next year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Spy360: Arsene Wenger na crook, Welbeck for RVP...

Future for the past,...

Oya na...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0QAv3staJs

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
elampiro:
Tell me the captainship is causing you sleepless nights. Rooney gave an oustanding performance from the number 10 against a power playing team. He made life easy for Falcao with his attacking thru the middle and creativity.

the captainship is causing all sane man utd fans nightmares. rooney is an idïot, a buffoon, a brainless gorilla. he made life easy for falcao? grin grin cheesy rooney passed to falcao twice in the entire game. you must have been drunk when watching the game.

a bloody good striker like falcao & rooney only passed to him twice - rooney is a waste of time in that hole. he's not good anywhere. all his set-plays were rubbish. the only good thing he did today was the pass for di maria's goal. after that point, he just lost the initiative.

Hope you are aware RVP ought to have sent us 5-1 or 6-1 up. If it were Rooney that have missing good chances as RVP did in recent matches you would have crashed nairaland server with posts. If RVP had converted those chances, we could just have been passing the ball around.

5-1 up?
from whose passes? how many chances did rooney create in 90 minutes? fabregas is providing 4 key passes per game - rooney created only 2 chances in 90 minutes.

Apart from the missed chances, RVP was sending passes from final third back to centre circle area, even though Falcao, Di Maria and Rooney were well positioned for an attack in the box. And he was very sluggish.

lies - RVP isn't as daft as that.
if the pass is there, RVP would find it. if the pass is too risky, RVP would do all what's necessary to retain possession even if it means passing it back to rebuild another attack.

roooney on the other hand was doing meaningless cross-field balls. none of rooney's crosses found a united player. i dunno why he's even in the team. mata is smarter with the ball at his feet. rooney is just a pleb dragging this team back with moronic decision making.

In that match, everyone knew RVP was a short one, yet he played 90 mins,
I am not surprised sha. Keep typing......

short one RVP scored.....what did rooney achieve in the game apart from his fluked assist?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
The worst mistake LvG did today was allowing RVP to play fulltime. Valencia, whom I detest his footie, in his place would've done us far better.

The one that pissed me off most was the way he was returning ball in the opponent's 18 box to our defenders. Jeeez! angry A striker!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.