Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8689703 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10536) (10537) (10538) (10539) (10540) (10541) (10542) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
ThePostdigger:
saved cool
Hopefully you understand what it is you're saving...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2021
benji93:
It's not so simple. You want to keep a supposedly good player, although sometimes out of desperation. It takes an incredible amount of patience not to ever come to the point of desperation. You don't want to let him go and then regret, as we did when we let him go the first time, at least retrospectively. Now that's me being straightforward. Personally, I think that man is overrated cheesy and should have been offloaded a long time ago. Coupled with the fact that his agent is an embodiment of drama, the writing on the wall was very clear.

When those of us were making this call on time, we were called agendists and haters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2021
patrickmuf:
Hopefully you understand what it is you're saving...

I dont know why you guys bother disturbing yourselves with these saving of comments.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2021
benji93:
It's not so simple. You want to keep a supposedly good player, although sometimes out of desperation. It takes an incredible amount of patience not to ever come to the point of desperation. You don't want to let him go and then regret, as we did when we let him go the first time, at least retrospectively. Now that's me being straightforward. Personally, I think that man is overrated cheesy and should have been offloaded a long time ago. Coupled with the fact that his agent is an embodiment of drama, the writing on the wall was very clear.
You don't wait until a player has 1 year left on his contract before you begin serious negotiations for an extension. With 2 years left, if a player doesn't commit to a new deal, you are best advised to sell especially when the said player still has a bit of age on his side...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2021
patrickmuf:
Lol...

Abeg what's the latest on Pogba and our pursuit of a CDM/CM?

Pogba stays but with the potential of leaving for free next summer.

Real Madrid can’t afford him, PSG don’t want him and even if they do, I don’t think they can afford his transfer fee with a year left on his contract.

Raiola must have pröstituted him to all the big clubs around with no one showing keen interest. By the time his contract is up next summer, he would be almost 30.

United have him in a corner. If he stays this summer, they should be in a super advantage to further extend his contract. Pogba is a wonderful player that has been mismanaged at the club.

He needs us, we need him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2021
CapitalCee:

I dont know why you guys bother disturbing yourselves with these saving of comments.
I care less, they use it to bully people from posting...A lot of folks here won’t ever contribute to a discussion or start one up for fear that someone will dig in future...Position changes as one is exposed to superior argument or for whatever reason. So, I don't get what's the big deal that will make grown ups go digging in a bid to win an online debate...

Most funny is the fact that they go dig something irrelevant to a discourse...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
Postdigger is bookmarking nonsense takes grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
Illimitable:

Real Madrid can’t afford him, PSG don’t want him and even if they do, I don’t think they can afford his transfer fee with a year left on his contract.

Raiola must have pröstituted him to all the big clubs around with no one showing keen interest. By the time his contract is up next summer, he would be almost 30.

United have him in a corner. If he stays this summer, they should be in a super advantage to further extend his contract. Pogba is a wonderful player that has been mismanaged at the club.

His best bet is Madrid next season but will they want a player who will be almost 30 years in their books? I doubt...I think they'd go for a long term fix...

PSG already have their midfield 3 sorted out in Gueye, Veratti and Wijnaldum unless they decide to do Wijnaldum dirty and pay up for Pogba leaving Wijnaldum with no choice but a bench role...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2021
patrickmuf:
His best bet is Madrid next season but will they want a player who will be almost 30 years in their books? I doubt...I think they'd go for a long term fix...

PSG already have their midfield 3 sorted out in Gueye, Veratti and Wijnaldum unless they decide to do Wijnaldum dirty and pay up for Pogba leaving Wijnaldum with no choice but a bench role...

Mama Pogba doesn’t want PSG so there’s no likelihood he ends there.

Zidane’s departure has also ruined his plans for Madrid.

Pogba has ran out of options unless he heads back to Juventus.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2021
KingAlabi:
See how Dem dey drag capitalC through the mud, lolz Reyna head and shoulder over Sancho grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Like I don't understand. Saying Reyna is better than Sancho is already a stupid statement. Adding head and shoulders to it, is a special kind of stupidity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2021
patrickmuf:
The big issue now is that most clubs know they can sign a pre-contract agreement with him in January hence will be reluctant to deal...We should have addressed this concern last summer...Now, the ball is at his court, if he refuses to sign, he goes for free next summer...How on earth we allowed things get to this stage, sheer incompetence if you ask me...

We should just look at a possibility of a player exchange because I don't see any team paying anything substantial to sign him now...
I don't think the ball is entirely in his court.
the options before him are to agree the extension deal as offered by United so he can leave for a fee next transfer or his agent hawks him around so United can get a recoup this transfer window.
failure to achieve either will most likely see him out of the squad for the remainder of his time here. I actually perceive the institution as a unit is fed up of his games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2021
ThePostdigger:
I'm at your service you remember cool
Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2021
izzou:

My Oga, I dey oh.

Season never start, so na cruise everybody just dey catch for both threads.

I don't know the work Trevor is doing. It looks like the Lord's and it also has a touch of the Devil too grin

Happy new month, Alabi
Happy New month bro, Jah bless

For the bolden, make we win trophy this season, it would no longer be a touch of the devil. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
ChristineC:

I don't think the ball is entirely in his court.
the options before him is to agree the extension deal as offered by United so he can leave for a fee next transfer or his agent hawks him around so United can get a recoup this transfer window.
failure to achieve either will most likely see him out of the squad for the remainder of his time here. I actually perceive the institution as a unit is fed up of his games.
Will it be wise to keep a player like him on a substantial weekly wage on the bench for the entirety of the season whilst parading bums? Trust me, even if he doesn't renew, he just has to start as long as he is here...I can't imagine watching McFred go another season and I'm not sure Ole is ready to play VDB...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
eph12:

Capital c too dey talk. He's hardly consistent, that's he's an easy target for things like this
Na small thing remain, e go pass expert, but expert knows how to run away, a trait capital doesn't recognize.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
Bombblacks:

Like I don't understand. Saying Reyna is better than Sancho is already a stupid statement. Adding head and shoulders to it, is a special kind of stupidity.
The stupidity is world-class I must say.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2021
Where's Joezinho and LostMyZeal sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2021
afrodoc2:

So when Poch fumbles it does not concern us but when he wins it concerns us, innit? grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2021
KingAlabi:

Na small thing remain, e go pass expert, but expert knows how to run away, a trait capital doesn't recognize.

cheesy

Expert talk say "From here we go journalist". He knew he was fabricating so he didn't have the courage to say Fabrizio Romano. They asked him for evidence my guy disappeared like Igboho. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2021
afrodoc2:

cheesy

Expert talk say "From here we go journalist". He knew he was fabricating so he didn't have the courage to say Fabrizio Romano. They asked him for evidence my guy disappeared like Igboho. cheesy
LMAO grin grin grin grin
I don die for here grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
New season, New expectations.

GGMU

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2021
CapitalCee:

I dont bloody care what anybody go and dig up. I dont join in such frivolities.

However i never said Grealish is a bad player. My point remain that statistics from official site is indicatiing something specific. Unless you want to join the lunatic in reading things upside down
My position is that it's difficult to help your case when you do these kind of somersaults. Maybe less emotions on issues here. This has happened a couple of times

I get your point about Grealish though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2021
I would rather that's the case, but I am afraid, that rule doesn't apply to everyone. For some players that are supposedly 'world-class, you are at their mercy. You force their hand, you fit enter trouble. You overpamper them wahala. Besides if you want to make a resolution to sell players with at least two years on their contracts, who have refused to extend, you must consider what the market can offer as a replacement. You have to deal with all sorts of issues including overpriced players. These are matters you cannot apply a specific rule to. More like on a case-by-case basis.
patrickmuf:
You don't wait until a player has 1 year left on his contract before you begin serious negotiations for an extension. With 2 years left, if a player doesn't commit to a new deal, you are best advised to sell especially when the said player still has a bit of age on his side...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2021
patrickmuf:
Will it be wise to keep a player like him on a substantial weekly wage on the bench for the entirety of the season whilst parading bums? Trust me, even if he doesn't renew, he just has to start as long as he is here...I can't imagine watching McFred go another season and I'm not sure Ole is ready to play VDB...
the club may not have a choice but to freeze out Pogba based on necessity (team cohesion) and also to pass some background message (harmonic wage structure).
this is not a charity and some measure of checks must be in place.
if the board provides Ole with the DM as expected, he's been given every tool he needs to take the next step. Pogba or not.
Pogba, Donny, McTominay and Fred are no DM, so he has balance there as long as the new DM doesn't get a nasty injury.
Ole cannot say he failed because Pogba wasn't made available. In fact with the signings and rumored signings, it will get to a stage where it will be much easier for the manager to succeed than fail.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2021
Trevor012:
Bruno fans are getting Mad daily. Bruno equals Neymar cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ramos is less than Maguire, and Donna = De gea. shocked that guy sha

This united team must win EPL and UCL o grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 1:25pm On Aug 02, 2021
patrickmuf:
Where's Joezinho and LostMyZeal sef?

Senior man, with Ole gollum in charge this coming season, I have already lostmyzeal / passion for the beautiful game.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2021
Illimitable:

a free transfer always benefits the player more, even if Pogba turns 30, he will collect sign on fee plus increased salary.

If no team is willing to increase his salary now, which is high as it is, then he will likely wait.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2021
Farewell, YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2021
BlueAngel444:
a free transfer always benefits the player more, even if Pogba turns 30, he will collect sign on fee plus increased salary.

If no team is willing to increase his salary now, which is high as it is, then he will likely wait.

I don’t think there’s any club in Europe that would pay Pogba more than what United are currently paying him.

By the time his current contract expires, he will be almost 30. Unless he’s willing to take a salary cut, it doesn’t make any economic sense for him to leave Man Utd.

Pogba is stuck with United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2021
Illimitable:

I don’t think there’s any club in Europe that would pay Pogba more than what United are currently paying him.

By the time his current contract expires, he will be almost 30. Unless he’s willing to take a salary cut, it doesn’t make any economic sense for him to leave Man Utd.

Pogba is stuck with United.
Ramsey is on 400k or thereabout at Juve...If Pogba joins them on a free, he will easily pocket 400 - 500k...

In all, I'm tired of the drama...I think the club wants the issue completely resolved before making the next move in the market. Pogba has to make a decision and quickly...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2021
grin

Breaking: United sign a new Defender.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10536) (10537) (10538) (10539) (10540) (10541) (10542) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.