Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8728336 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10572) (10573) (10574) (10575) (10576) (10577) (10578) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Was funny seeing Olé call it a bonus. Wonder how they’ll manage Matic when competing on all fronts.

Heard Barca is in financial crisis, we can bail them out a bit by signing Frenkie De Jong.

Exactly, Matic has no strength to play on weekly basis. I enjoyed his game against Everton. He showed what the team lacks in a proper DM

Frenkie DeJong? I hope he's not on a ridiculous wage? This DM matter nah koko oh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Was funny seeing Olé call it a bonus. Wonder how they’ll manage Matic when competing on all fronts.

Heard Barca is in financial crisis, United can bail them out a bit by signing Frenkie De Jong.

Astronomical wages.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 8:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
eph12:

I don't really have any doubts about Varane or anybody until I see them play for this team. We have upgraded with two very good players without losing any important player, that's good for us. Can't wait to see how our first 10 games in all competitions turn out

Can you say anything about how you feel about the two signing based on their previous games for other clubs?

I know one has to watch them at Utd before drawing any serious opinions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
adebayo201:

Exactly, Matic has no strength to play on weekly basis. I enjoyed his game against Everton. He showed what the team lacks in a proper DM

Frenkie DeJong? I hope he's not on a ridiculous wage? This DM matter nah koko oh.

Rumors say he’s on €400k, others say it’s €176k. Will be easier to negotiate if it’s the latter.

Can also try Kalvin Philips, Bissouma or Brozovic. Even the Neves guy, might just click.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
TheLequte:

Astronomical wages.

They should sell him a dream while negotiating.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Rumors say he’s on €400k, others say it’s €176k. Will be easier to negotiate if it’s the latter.

Can also try Kalvin Philips, Bissouma or Brozovic. Even the Neves guy, might just click.

Let's leave that De Jong matter abeg... You and I know that his wages is about 400k.

The club shouldn't put herself in a state of begging players to stay or having difficulty to sell them due to wages.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 9:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
GloryIsaac:

They should sell him a dream while negotiating.

Only Fergie can do that. Fletcher still dey learn work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
afrodoc2:

Shey na the fitness coach get bele like this?

Na wa oooo. cheesy
First thing wey I think grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
eph12:

With VDB, we shouldn't lose too many possessions, but our attack will be slow and maybe dull. If only he can sit in front of the defense

This is why I said; "if Varane is trusted.............."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ole Solsjaer (2019): "It was time now for Rom (Lukaku) to go but I’m very confident that we’ll get goals from Martial and Rashford. Dan James will create and Jesse Lingard will get more."

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
TheLequte:

Only Fergie can do that. Fletcher still dey learn work.

They convinced Varane. Should be able to convince Frenkie especially as Messi has left the club too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
adebayo201:

Let's leave that De Jong matter abeg... You and I know that his wages is about 400k.

The club shouldn't put herself in a state of begging players to stay or having difficulty to sell them due to wages.

They can go for affordable options if they can’t negotiate proper terms.

What matters is United need a younger version of Matic, and such transfer must happen this season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
eph12:

Yeah we do need a DM that can actually tackle and pass
Tackle first...If he can pass, then that's a plus...Just get the ball and give a few meters pass to Pogba...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Heard Barca is in financial crisis, United can bail them out a bit by signing Frenkie De Jong.
He'll likely command a wage of 300-350k weekly and he is more effective on the ball than shielding the defence. If we must go for that kind of player, we should as well go for Neves as he is better defensively...

Ndidi or Bissouma should do or we heard to Ligue 1, they are so many fine DMs there at a fair price.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2021
GloryIsaac:

I didn't even see this before quoting you...Brozovic is another option. Inter will gladly accept Bailly...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
Illimitable:

You are a big olodo.

Aguero wasn’t a striker every time he played. He played as a supporting striker in many games particularly in his debut season.

He was a supporting striker for Balotelli when they pumped United 6-1 at Old Trafford. grin cheesy

Like I told you, the era where you can lie your way around a discussion is well and truly over.

The image below is Aguero vs United(Oct 23, 2011)

I dare you to tell us another lie. grin cheesy

Only one match as support striker or one season. Mtchew

Compared to Rooney who never had even one season as a striker. He was in the wing right from his debut season. Nilsterooy, Smith, Saha, Tevez, Berbatov, Chacharito, Van Person were our strikers. Sometimes Welbeck still still strike.

Unlike Aguero who was mostly the striker throughout his years.

Rooney finished ahead of Aguero in FIFA Ballon D'or rankings. Rooney finished 5th, made world XIs. Aguero cannot talk when Rooney is mentioned.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
Tackle first...If he can pass, then that's a plus...Just get the ball and give a few meters pass to Pogba...
I agree with you completely but there's one problem, We tend to build from the back with Ole, getting a midfielder that can't pass the ball is the same as playing Mcfred.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
Panther7:
I agree with you completely but there's one problem, We tend to build from the back with Ole, getting a midfielder that can't pass the ball is the same as playing Mcfred.
Ndidi, Bissouma, Neves, Camavinga and all the names we have been linked to bar Neves and Camavinga are very good defensively yet are not bad on the ball especially Neves and Camavinga...

When you mentioned McFred, I started searching my head if there's a CM with a poor first touch as Fred and his goon but alas, I can't think of any...Safe to say, whoever we sign will be better on than McFred...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:01pm On Aug 09, 2021
Illimitable:

We shouldn’t believe OPTA, but we should believe you from the dungeons of Adamawa state near Cameroon. cheesy grin

These RooneyBots make me laugh. grin

Opta muddled up the roles of Striker, SS, AM, RF, LF in the earlier years. Even as at 2010, 2011, they muddled up FW, SS, AM roles as all forwards in most of the times. Opta evolved over time. What opta did before 2012 is that when it registered a player as a striker in the beginning of the season, it keeps counting FW for that player irrespective of the teams formation in matches and how the player was used. Same way, if it counts a player as an AM, it goes on auto mode.

Opta has evolved. If it were those days, it would still have been registering KDB as a winger in every match

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2021
Aston Villa agreed to pay a total of 5 million pounds in their deal to sign Axel Tuanzebe on a season-long loan from Manchester United.

- Jonathan Shrager

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
I am told that Edinson Cavani will probably be flying back to Manchester this Thursday, and is waiting to learn which quarantine rules will apply to him upon arrival.

- Jonathan Shrager
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
In addition to Forest /Sheff Utd /Stoke/ Swansea, 2 Premier League clubs have registered an interest in signing James Garner on a season-long loan from Manchester United.
Whilst PL football may seem preferable, a decision will largely be based on which club can offer a decent amount of game time.

- Jonathan Shrager

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd
#KillTheBasterd

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
Whilst recovering from the upcoming shoulder surgery, Marcus Rashford will continue to have his foot assessed by Manchester United medical staff to ascertain the best course of treatment.

- Jonathan Shrager
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
Ndidi, Bissouma, Neves, Camavinga and all the names we have been linked to bar Neves and Camavinga are very good defensively yet are not bad on the ball especially Neves and Camavinga...

When you mentioned McFred, I started searching my head if there's a CM with a poor first touch as Fred and his goon but alas, I can't think of any...Safe to say, whoever we sign will be better on than McFred...
I just hope the club is actively looking for a CDM cos it won't be funny if we go into the season without one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 11:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
Oasis007:
Whilst recovering from the upcoming shoulder surgery, Marcus Rashford will continue to have his foot assessed by Manchester United medical staff to ascertain the best course of treatment.

- Jonathan Shrager
Upcoming? He still never do the surgery?
Nawa o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2021
Oasis007:

- Jonathan Shrager
Foot? Nawa oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
Rashford is yet to have his surgery done and now we are hearing he has a foot injury...Did the club just know this? No, they have been on the know since yet Cavani for some reason was granted an extended holiday which means he'll most likely be unavailable against Leeds...

I can't believe the club is banking on Martial who has not played a competitive game in months...All these should have been factored in when they scheduled breaks for the players...

If we talk now, e go be like say we too like complain.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:28am On Aug 10, 2021
Training pics

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:29am On Aug 10, 2021
More..................

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 12:55am On Aug 10, 2021
patrickmuf:
Rashford is yet to have his surgery done and now we are hearing he has a foot injury...Did the club just know this? No, they have been on the know since yet Cavani for some reason was granted an extended holiday which means he'll most likely be unavailable against Leeds...

I can't believe the club is banking on Martial who has not played a competitive game in months...All these should have been factored in when they scheduled breaks for the players...

If we talk now, e go be like say we too like complain.
Rashford had foot injury since the beginning of this year plus his back injury again. The guy has basically been playing with injuries (shoulder, foot and back). Honestly don't know what's going on with the medical team.

Cavani, I guess was granted extended leave to see his family cos the guy was complaining he was home sick last season.

We should be able to get past Leeds if not.....
I go just reduce my expectations

(1) (2) (3) ... (10572) (10573) (10574) (10575) (10576) (10577) (10578) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Englishisamust, melodyogonna(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.