Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,544 members, 7,861,573 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8866233 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10628) (10629) (10630) (10631) (10632) (10633) (10634) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
grin

Manchester United insist they have no interest in Aurelien Tchouameni, the 805th midfielder to be linked with them this summer.

- Samuel Luckhurst
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
timay:

You do know that those are facilities that are always in use round the clock. They can't just start repair work without doing phase planning. They can't just bring everything down at the same time na.

So when Covid-19 restrained fans from attending matches in 2019&2020 they elongated the phase?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2021
patrickmuf:
What’s his favorite position, checked YouTube but I can't tell. Seems he is adept playing 11/8/7...

You know at youth team level they move the players around a lot.

He is more of a 9 in my opinion but more of a target man than the prolific Greenwood type.

He and Greenwood used to switch positions a lot. He works hard but is not skilful enough to be a wide man I think. He is bigger and stronger than Mason, is a decent finisher and has really good work rate.
I think this year would be to rehab him and he will move on in 1 yr or 2 max.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kai... the amount of negativity and 'I told you so' merchants on this thread is tiring. New season in which we started really well and you guys can't trust the manager and them boys.

I actually don't see anything wrong with improvising with two tenacious and hardworking midfielders instead of a single DM. This drawback have been compensated with Luke Shaw attacking aggressively and McT making more attacking runs.

Guys abeg make we relax. I think the current team is strong enough to win the league, win a domestic cup and make a strong run in the UCL.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2021
afrodoc2:

You know at youth team level they move the players around a lot.

He is more of a 9 in my opinion but more of a target man than the prolific Greenwood type.

He and Greenwood used to switch positions a lot. He works hard but is not skilful enough to be a wide man I think. He is bigger and stronger than Mason, is a decent finisher and has really good work rate.
I think this year would be to rehab him and he will move on in 1 yr or 2 max.

You like the dude but I don't think he's got what it takes to play for even a mid table EPL team. He is a hardworking kid hopefully he can make the grade at Championship level.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2021
olabode89:
Kai... the amount of negativity and 'I told you so' merchants on this thread is tiring. New season in which we started really well and you guys can't trust the manager and them boys.

I actually don't see anything wrong with improvising with two tenacious and hardworking midfielders instead of a single DM. This drawback have been compensated with Luke Shaw attacking aggressively and McT making more attacking runs.

Guys abeg make we relax. I think the current team is strong enough to win the league, win a domestic cup and make a strong run in the UCL.

First off, we are not complaining as long as Ole and his fanboys don’t use that as an excuse when Ole fails.
Secondly, playing 2 DMs who can’t create jack stifles the creativity in the team. I would prefer a good DM to free up space for creative midfielders like Pogba and VDB. I don’t even mind playing a double number 10s.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

Manchester United insist they have no interest in Aurelien Tchouameni, the 805th midfielder to be linked with them this summer.

- Samuel Luckhurst
lol abeg who this be?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2021
ChristineC:
lol abeg who this be?

Lol. He plays for AS Monaco and has plenty potentials. It is left to see if he can make it to the top but I’d have him at United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
ChristineC:
lol abeg who this be?

grin

A DM..... Solid? I don't know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2021
olabode89:

You like the dude but I don't think he's got what it takes to play for even a mid table EPL team. He is a hardworking kid hopefully he can make the grade at Championship level.

I never said he would make it here or anywhere. I just described his qualities. They will likely keep him here for a year or two to rehab him like they did Max Taylor whi had testicular cancer. After he has recovered they will release him or sell him.

P.S I like every single United academy product. Does not mean I think they will make it here or in top flight football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheLequte:

So when Covid-19 restrained fans from attending matches in 2019&2020 they elongated the phase?

The Old Trafford revamp was scheduled for last summer after end of season. Unexpected pandemic meant all the capital project was halted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Official: Ole Gunnar Solskjær finishes ninth for the 2020/21 UEFA Men's Coach of the Year award
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by emitope: 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
From your initial post, you sounded like its the pandemic that caused the repairs to 'stop'....now you are trying to frame it as...t was in use all this while but possibly, the pandemic even helped in fast tracking the repairs..

Anyways. All I'm saying is the fan uprising actually pushed their asses.
These guys actually let lots of infrastructure go into a derelict state.
timay:

You do know that those are facilities that are always in use round the clock. They can't just start repair work without doing phase planning. They can't just bring everything down at the same time na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2021
afrodoc2:

I never said he would make it here or anywhere. I just described his qualities. They will likely keep him here for a year or two to rehab him like they did Max Taylor whi had testicular cancer. After he has recovered they will release him or sell him.

P.S I like every single United academy product. Does not mean I think they will make it here or in top flight football.

Point taken! I wasn't tackling you sir....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
slimghost:

First off, we are not complaining as long as Ole and his fanboys don’t use that as an excuse when Ole fails.
Secondly, playing 2 DMs who can’t create jack stifles the creativity in the team. I would prefer a good DM to free up space for creative midfielders like Pogba and VDB. I don’t even mind playing a double number 10s.

Let him fail first!

Also what's the expectation for the season? What's defined as failure? The disrespect towards Ole is uncalled for and frustrating. The same man have thrashed them so called new age managers like Pep, Nagglesmann, Tuchel, etc on numerous occasions and he still gets no respect from fans, journalists and pundits.

The age of CMs creating chances or making key passes is dying out, creativity is slowly becoming a trait for fullbacks, wing backs and forwards. I get your points though, I just wish Ole gets more respect and support from fans on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
olabode89:

Point taken! I wasn't tackling you sir....

I know. I was just explaining my position. The guy might have been released this year if not for his nasty ACL injury that required 2 surgeries. I wasn't even sure he would be able to continue playing which is why i was happy to see him scoring for the Reserves and training with the first team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
afrodoc2:

I know. I was just explaining my position. The guy might have been released this year if not for his nasty ACL injury that required 2 surgeries. I wasn't even sure he would be able to continue playing which is why i was hoping to see him scoring for the Reserves and training with the first team.

Yeah, I like the way the club takes care of them academy boys. Football as a career is a cutthroat industry, it takes more than talent and hardwork. I am pretty sure few people at the club expected McT to make it at United, man has racked up 134 appearances (14 goals) for the club. Mou must be proud of himself for making McT his personal project during his time at the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
Manchester United have opted not to battle Chelsea in the race to sign Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni despite being linked with a move for the youngster, according to reports

A wise decision indeed cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
olabode89:

Let him fail first!

Also what's the expectation for the season? What's defined as failure? The disrespect towards Ole is uncalled for and frustrating. The same man have thrashed them so called new age managers like Pep, Nagglesmann, Tuchel, etc on numerous occasions and he still gets no respect from fans, journalists and pundits.

The age of CMs creating chances or making key passes is dying out, creativity is slowly becoming a trait for fullbacks, wing backs and forwards. I get your points though, I just wish Ole gets more respect and support from fans on this thread.
the reality is he wouldn't get the respect from certain quarters until he wins something big.
people questioning his managerial ability are actually mischievous, people doubting his ability to take the team to laurels will have their days till he wins something.
the unreasonable group are those who say he's actually done nothing. that's a big joke, the man has done a lot.
as for support, I think he's getting it from his bosses and his players, as well as at least half the fan base. ball is in his court.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2021
4 assist = 400k a week

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
olabode89:

Yeah, I like the way the club takes care of them academy boys. Football as a career is a cutthroat industry, it takes more than talent and hardwork. I am pretty sure few people at the club expected McT to make it at United, man has racked up 134 appearances (14 goals) for the club. Mou must be proud of himself for making McT his personal project during his time at the club.

Yeah. Nobody expected McTominay to make it here. There were probably close to 10 people in his set that were more highly rated. He was lucky he had that his late growth spurt and that JM was our manager cos those 2 things had to happen for him to get his chance.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Mrviktor:
4 assist = 400k a week

A good proportion of Pogba's pay is related to his image rights and marketability. If anyone deserves 400K at United it's Pogba. He is the most popular and marketable United player. So relax sir.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
olabode89:

Let him fail first!

Nobody is disrespecting Ole. If you have followed the discussions here overtime, you'd have come across those who in defence of Ole think the squad is not good enough to win the EPL or top competitions, whilst some of us have always maintained that we have a squad good enough to do so.

Those who think the squad is lacking in key positions in their submissions specifically highlighted the CB, RWF and DM position positing that until we get competent replacement for the players currently manning those positions we will continue to flatter to deceive. I and others who think Ole is not good enough agree that we desperately need a DM that's why we are quick to point it out now that Ole has himself come out to say he is okay with the sqaud (Although he says the same every other season) and any further addition is a bonus.

It will be inexcusable if Ole fails to win at least one of the EPL, UCL or FA Cup whilst qualifying for the UCL...I am happy you have acknowledged the depth of the squad, we are all on the same page...If Ole fails, he should be booted out...At least the CB and RWF position has been fixed and fixed for good, if he says McTominay, Fred and Matic are enough, time will tell...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
olabode89:

Let him fail first!

Considering he didn’t land the job on merit, I think he actually gets more respect than he has earned nor deserve.
That said, he must win at least a major trophy this season. That rebuilding story won’t fly this season as he already has a formidable team.
If you are going to play two pivots, at least play players who can make 10 yard passes. Hear it from me again, a MCFred midfield won’t win you titles. Write it down somewhere.
Now that he has a formidable pair of CBs, we have no reason playing those 2 for whatever reason.

I also didn’t know that there is a trophy called ‘beating New age managers’. I thought Tuchel has shown us all what a decent manager could achieve with a good or decent squad?. Lampard made it look like the team was full of cripples.

That said, we fully support the team and the gaffer going into the season; he has a clean slate once more.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
slimghost:

Considering he didn’t land the job on merit, I think he actually gets more respect than he has earned nor deserve.
That said, he must win at least a major trophy this season. That rebuilding story won’t fly this season as he already has a formidable team.
If you are going to play two pivots, at least play players who can make 10 yard passes. Hear it from me again, a MCFred midfield won’t win you titles. Write it down somewhere.
Now that he has a formidable pair of CBs, we have no reason playing those 2 for whatever reason.

I also didn’t know that there is a trophy called ‘beating New age managers’. I thought Tuchel has shown us all what a decent manager could achieve with a good or decent squad?. Lampard made it look like the team was full of cripples.

That said, we fully support the team and the gaffer going into the season; he has a clean slate once more.

He bribed his way to the job or something?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
timay:

The Old Trafford revamp was scheduled for last summer after end of season. Unexpected pandemic meant all the capital project was halted.

So now that they are doing the revamp, where did they see the money? It’s not like we’ve played up to 5 matches where fans have returned to the stadium.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
eph12:

Elder you sef see bah

I wonder the use of marking in training when them no go use am for match day cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheLequte:

So now that they are doing the revamp, where did they see the money? It’s not like we’ve played up to 5 matches where fans have returned to the stadium.

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
elrony:

He bribed his way to the job or something?

Ask Nani first ��
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
afrodoc2:

So for 2 seasons he has not seen a capable replacement in the whole of football?

If Amaka fails this season then McFred can't be an excuse. If he goes into the season with them as his main midfielders it means he is happy with them. He has had enough time to change them if he wanted to.

The question should be what would we consider as success or as failure this season NOT whether there is any excuse for failure.
I agree with your point that Ole does not have any excuse to fail this season, he should be booted out, if he underperform.
What I expect from him is winning the league or 85 points and above, if he fails to win the league. Semi final in champions league
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
No, you don't get to do that. You made an allegation, defend it yourself. No put am ontop another person. Very shameful. cheesy
slimghost:

Ask Nani first ��

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
patrickmuf:
Nobody is disrespecting Ole. If you have followed the discussions here overtime, you'd have come across those who in defence of Ole think the squad is not good enough to win the EPL or top competitions, whilst some of us have always maintained that we have a squad good enough to do so.

Those who think the squad is lacking in key positions in their submissions specifically highlighted the CB, RWF and DM position positing that until we get competent replacement for the players currently manning those positions we will continue to flatter to deceive. I and others who think Ole is not good enough agree that we desperately need a DM that's why we are quick to point it out now that Ole has himself come out to say he is okay with the sqaud (Although he says the same every other season) and any further addition is a bonus.

It will be inexcusable if Ole fails to win at least one of the EPL, UCL or FA Cup whilst qualifying for the UCL...I am happy you have acknowledged the depth of the squad, we are all on the same page...If Ole fails, he should be booted out...At least the DM and RWF position has been fixed and fixed for good, if he says McTominay, Fred and Matic are enough, time will tell...

Making sense as always. I desperately want him to win something this year but I’d be curious to find out what excuse his fanboys will throw up if he fails again.
I respect him as a legend but he is yet to earn that respect as a manager. He has made absolutely wonderful signings but the jury is out on his tactical ability and game management.
This season is a ‘no excuse’ season as the man has confirmed his satisfaction with the squad.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10628) (10629) (10630) (10631) (10632) (10633) (10634) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, VicThory(m), Wealth1105, YoungB1a(m), eph12(m), raumdeuter and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.