Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8840920 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10633) (10634) (10635) (10636) (10637) (10638) (10639) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2021
patrickmuf:
When SAF took over, the club didn't have the financial war chest it has now...

Ole has spent more than £400m in 2.5 years years here but you want us to compare him to Klopp and Fergie...Based the money spent, Ole has no excuse whatsoever not to deliver...£400m is not beans...How much has Rodgers, Simeone and the likes spent in that time frame? Before you talk about how poor a squad we have, some of our best players are still players we had before Ole came in.
You keep mouthing about financial war chest. Didn't we have this financial war chest when we hired three "world class" managers and played atrocious football?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:31am On Aug 21, 2021
melodyogonna:

You keep mouthing about financial war chest. Didn't we have this financial war chest when we hired three "world class" managers and played atrocious football?
Don't stop there, add that they won trophies too...

Brighton play good football without trophies, that's not what I want from Manchester United...

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 11:33am On Aug 21, 2021
melodyogonna:

Your analogy is flawed. First, the problem with Nigeria apart from the fact it was designed to fail is corruption.

Man United on the other is hand is comparable to the two scenarios. Both SAF, Klopp, and Ole were handed a team with lots of deadwood and underperforming players. So everyone had the job of building a trophy-winning team. I read SAF's autobiography, he said in his early seasons the media was coming for his head because he didn't win anything yet, but thankfully the club owners knew the work he was doing behind the scenes, and they knew he was taking the club to the right direction so they supported him.

I once read a Liverpool fan's answer on Reddit to "How did you know Klopp was going to be successful after so many years?" He said that at the end of every season you could see signs of definite improvement, you'd be lying if you don't see it in our case now.

But ofcourse, all these coaches had the skeptical, impatient fans that wanted the coaches sacked.

I like your line of argument.

I have nothing against OGS' criticism but people here make it seem like he is responsible for the corruption in Nigeria.

Even with a good team, Klopp lost two European finals, but that can be excused away.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2021
patrickmuf:
Why are you complaining about Nigeria? Why not wait to see Nigeria at 200 yrs and above before comparing us to the Western powers?

Manchester City were bought in 2008 but won the league in 2011/2012 season...You think City will give any coach 3 years in hope that he will win the league?
mehn this your Nigerian analogy is way off target grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:37am On Aug 21, 2021
Afz9095:

fact check
Marcus Radford under Mourinho
2016/17 53 games 11goals 7assists
2017/18 52games 13goals 10assists
Marcus under solskjaer
2019/20 44games 22goals 12assists
2020/21 57games 21goals 15assist

Full seasons only

cheesy cheesy
Leave that agbero.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2021
melodyogonna:

All these ones na long story sha. Did SAF take 5 years to win silverware? Did it take Klopp 4 years to win silverware?
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2021
chidexxy007:

Lmao

No be every time, copy and paste.
Try they check your facts.
Omo grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2021
ChristoBam:

Lol I bet he's looking to break records in England and he could. Not sure he wants to leave England..
he'd have to be a one-man club then.
I believe the potential trophies will be more important to him than records, I may be wrong though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:40am On Aug 21, 2021
Was United not a heavy weight in English football before Ferguson came along?

Na wa Sha.

Anything to suite your arguments.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2021
ChristineC:
I weak no be small cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:43am On Aug 21, 2021
What is just left is for ole to win a PL or UCL trophy.

If he does, then he is the best United manger we have had post Ferguson.

No arguments there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:47am On Aug 21, 2021
patrickmuf:
Don't stop there, add that they won trophies too...

Brighton play good football without trophies, that's not what I want from Manchester United...
There's something called short-term success and long-term success, there's also something called building for the long term. There's a reason Jose Mourinho does not last longer than 3 seasons in any club. While we did win trophies it wouldn't have taken long to stop competing for anything at all if we continued that path, thank God the management realized we needed stability if we ever want to continue competing in the long term.
I'm confident we will win something this season sha

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 11:48am On Aug 21, 2021
Mourinho, 1 major trophy, UEL, 900 days, 144 matches 1.97 points per game

Ole, no plate more spoon, 976days, 152 matches 2.08 points per game

Ole has been lucky to turn things around just before his sack letter is typed finished grin

But I have this feeling United or Liverpool will win EPL this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 11:48am On Aug 21, 2021
ChristineC:

No mind am. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:49am On Aug 21, 2021
ChristineC:
No, it's not...It's like the UAE and Nigeria both have oil but one uses her oil money to import western technologies to the benefit of their citizenry whilst we choose to do otherwise here. The UAE didn't say because they're not as old as the US, Japan or Germany then they should be excused...

It's the same scenario here, Fergie has done the dirty job, now the club is bigger and can attract the best players so, it's inexcusable for any coach to come here, have the club spend some much in transfer fees and wages yet want to be given as much time as Fergie...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:51am On Aug 21, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Mourinho, 1 major trophy, UEL, 900 days, 144 matches 1.97 points per game

Ole, no plate more spoon, 976days, 152 matches 2.08 points per game

Ole has been lucky to turn things around just before his sack letter is typed finished grin

But I have this feeling United or Liverpool will win EPL this season
Your Lampard was instrumental in showing the Glazers what it meant that someone isn't improving the team at all, instead, the situation was deteriorating.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 11:53am On Aug 21, 2021
melodyogonna:

Your Lampard was instrumental in showing the Glazers what it meant that someone isn't improving the team at all, instead, the situation was deteriorating.
Lampard had just one bad period and month and he was sacked. Ole somehow gets the time to take united to 10tenth and back to third and gets a contract extension
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2021
patrickmuf:
No, it's not...It's like the UAE and Nigeria both have oil but one uses her oil money to import western technologies to the benefit of their citizenry whilst we choose to do otherwise here. The UAE didn't say because they're not as old as the US, Japan or Germany then they should be excused...

It's the same scenario here, Fergie has done the dirty job, now the club is bigger and can attract the best players so, it's inexcusable for any coach to come here, have the club spend some much in transfer fees and wages yet want to be given as much time as Fergie...
Lol, I don't think you understand how fast a good, hard work can be undone. I don't know much about UAE leadership but you'd be very surprised to see how bad they'd deteriorate if they get badly managed by 3 leaders in a row.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2021
melodyogonna:

There's something called short-term success and long-term success, there's also something called building for the long term. There's a reason Jose Mourinho does not last longer than 3 seasons in any club. While we did win trophies it wouldn't have taken long to stop competing for anything at all if we continued that path, thank God the management realized we needed stability if we ever want to continue competing in the long term.
Unless the owners stops investing, there's no way a team won't continue to do well...Madrid and Chelsea has proven this whole talk of short term success wrong...

It's only short term when the owners stop investing...After Mourinho, Madrid kept winning and even got better at it, same with Chelsea...If not for Ole, we should have at least have won 2 trophies since Mourinho left...£400m no be beans except Ole is your manager...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2021
melodyogonna:

Our trophy would come sooner.

What I don't want is the Mourinho kind of success. Win trophy one or two seasons and stop being competitive for 5 years or there about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Lampard had just one bad period and month and he was sacked. Ole somehow gets the time to take united to 10tenth and back to third and gets a contract extension
You might have gotten relegated if he wasn't sacked grin you have any idea how many players Chelsea acquired that summer?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:59am On Aug 21, 2021
melodyogonna:

Lol, I don't think you understand how fast a good, hard work can be undone. I don't know much about UAE leadership but you'd be very surprised to see how bad they'd deteriorate if they get badly managed by 3 leaders in a row.
I bet you, if we had kept Mourinho and spent extra £400m on the squad, he would have delivered more trophies...

Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho were bad but they added trophies to our cabinet...De Gea, Shaw, Lindelof, McFred, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Matic are still players who were brought in by those supposedly bad managers...I am sure if we check Ole has outspent them all with nothing but progress to show for it...

Madrid and Chelsea didn't stop winning post Mou because they kept spending and hired good managers and where they failed, they didn't hesitate to wield the axe...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
patrickmuf:
Unless the owners stops investing, there's no way a team won't continue to do well...Madrid and Chelsea has proven this whole talk of short term success wrong...

It's only short term when the owners stop investing...After Mourinho, Madrid kept winning and even got better at it, same with Chelsea...If not for Ole, we should have at least have won 2 trophies since Mourinho left...£400m no be beans except Ole is your manager...
Madrid and Chelsea have good player acquisition policies, no matter the manager they'd be getting players that'll improve the squad. Until recently we had no structure to support such method of getting players. Even if Ole left now the structure we have established now will ensure we keep investing in the right players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:03pm On Aug 21, 2021
patrickmuf:
I bet you, if we had kept Mourinho and spent extra £400m on the squad, he would have delivered more trophies...

Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho were bad but they added trophies to our cabinet...De Gea, Shaw, Lindelof, McFred, Pogba, Rashford, Martial, Matic are still players who were brought in by those supposedly bad managers...I am sure if we check Ole has outspent them all with nothing but progress to show for it...

Madrid and Chelsea didn't stop winning post Mou because they kept spending and hired good managers and where they failed, they didn't hesitate to wield the axe...

I might have been contemplating suicide now if I was forced to endure another 6 months of Mourinho football. Nah, Mourinho does not play the sort of football you can watch for many years. His style of play zaps the life from the game, the players don't like it, the fans don't like it, the management don't like it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
patrickmuf:

the basics, and every Nigerian knows this, is that the country was put together to fail. that's where the analogy veers.
I don't dispute or endorse your other points, but my brother, let's leave Nigeria's matter bayi grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
Solskjær: "He's [Elanga] not fully fit yet. He's doing his rehab but he's working hard on the grass. At least he's out from the gym and outside in the lovely Manchester weather!"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
Solskjær: "Alex [Telles] has shown a tremendous attitude to the rehab."

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:10pm On Aug 21, 2021
Solskjær: "He [Telles] is working really hard and is another one who gets a setback but you can sit down and sulk or you can go back into the gym, work hard and make sure that when you’ve come back you’ve worked on different things."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
melodyogonna:

Madrid and Chelsea have good player acquisition policies, no matter the manager they'd be getting players that'll improve the squad. Until recently we had no structure to support such method of getting players. Even if Ole left now the structure we have established now will ensure we keep investing in the right players
As you have pointed out, that's not on the coach but the club's management...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2021
melodyogonna:

I might have been contemplating suicide now if I was forced to endure another 6 months of Mourinho football. Nah, Mourinho does not play the sort of football you can watch for many years. His style of play zaps the life from the game, the players don't like it, the fans don't like it, the management don't like it.
I didn't like it too but saying Mourinho only guarantees short term success is not true...If Pep leaves today and the City management brings in another coach and refuse to back him, he'll fail because the likes of De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Walker etc are aging...We saw what happened in Pep's first season and how they struggled. Continued investment in the team in terms of personnel (players and coaching crew) and facilities is key for success in the long run...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2021
patrickmuf:
As you have pointed out, that's not on the coach but the club's management...
Unless there is some unforgivable blunder, Ole will see this season out. Then we can judge ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2021
KingAlabi:

cheesy cheesy
Leave that agbero.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10633) (10634) (10635) (10636) (10637) (10638) (10639) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: kissoflife and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.