Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723906 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10730) (10731) (10732) (10733) (10734) (10735) (10736) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:10am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

I mentioned this yesterday. Just like when we wanted Sancho in. I said its like we are praying for Sancho to be bought so that when the play rubbish, the poor boy will hopefully do some magic to secure some or all points. Lets stop playing rubbish first

Only Fred was on Trincao and Adama and the other CMs. Make them kill am na
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

They said James was the one marking Adama o
Lol No be everybody dey watch match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2021
grin

No be this Thread again? The Day is coming when Bruno gonna be dragged mercilessly. I don't know who to actually blame yet, Bruno or OGS. I want to believe Bruno is playing to Instructions of the Coaches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
Lol No be everybody dey watch match.
Some are so fixated on some small details, ignoring the bigger picture.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2021
Bruno style of play at the moment won't make the team plays good football. Yes.... he's gonna bang Goals and Assists but at expense good football.

Bruno is no longer helping the pivot to make transition to Attack easy, rather he's already on the run into the Box, expecting Pogba or Lindelof/Varane to play long pass.

This is not the Day, but one Day we'll definitely discuss Bruno on this Board.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2021
Oasis007:
Bruno style of play at the moment won't make the team plays good football. Yes.... he's gonna bang Goals and Assists but at expense good football.

Bruno is no longer helping the pivot to make transition to Attack easy, rather he's already on the run into the Box, expecting Pogba or Lindelof/Varane to play long pass.

This is not the Day, but one Day we'll definitely discuss Bruno on this Board.
You will soon be tagged a Bruno hater...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
You will soon be tagged a Bruno hater...

grin

It's not unusual on this Board. Let them keep enjoying the moment while it lasts. We ain't saying Bruno is a bad Player, rather should be helping the Pivot to control midfield and letting Attackers do their Job.

Sancho was lost on the Pitch yesterday, thanks to honorable Bruno, coz he won't let the young man enjoy his Wing.

This is not the Day to dicuss Bruno Effect on the Team, but I am so sure the Day is coming. If DDG could be condemned on this Board, then no one is safe.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:03am On Aug 30, 2021
afrodoc2:

I remember that time now. I said Greenwood was already the best finisher and people were laughing until Amaka himself said it sometime later.

What was funny was that people who had never seen him play were ready to argue while having zero knowledge of the subject matter. cheesy

Someone that at age 16 had already deciphered the secret of finishing like Darth Plagueis. Barring catastrophic injury the number of goals he will score is dem booku.

Darth Plagueis bayi grin

Menh the United fanbase boast the best of the pack when you’re talking about culture and the arts. I bet Afrodoc is one of those who will stain their lips with nothing but the finest products of a renowned Swiss Château.

There’s one other fan base like that.... make I nor too talk...

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:06am On Aug 30, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

It's not unusual on this Board. Let them keep enjoying the moment while it lasts. We ain't saying Bruno is a bad Player, rather should be helping the Pivot to control midfield and letting Attackers do their Job.

Sancho was lost on the Pitch yesterday, thanks to honorable Bruno, coz he won't let the young man enjoy his Wing.

This is not the Day to dicuss Bruno Effect on the Team, but I am so sure the Day is coming. If DDG could be condemned on this Board, then no one is safe.

So Bruno is disturbing Sancho in his wing, he is hindering Pogba and Fred, he is disturbing Greenwood because he is a small boy. Very soon Bruno will be blamed for standing close to Ole during a match making him to make wrong sub

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo has completed his medical as new Manchester United player in Portugal. The contract has been signed. Deal until June 2023. Visa process started.

His salary could change depending on the many add-ons included in the contract with Man Utd.

- Fabrizio Romano
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

So Bruno is disturbing Sancho in his wing, he is hindering Pogba and Fred, he is disturbing Greenwood because he is a small boy. Very soon Bruno will be blamed for standing close to Ole during a match making him to make wrong sub

grin

It's expected, especially from you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2021
Raphaël Varane: “The Premier League is very intense. The game it’s very fast and you know when you play this game, you are very concentrated and it’s very intense. I came here for that feeling.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2021
Raphaël Varane on the Premier League: “The atmosphere is fantastic, and the game is very fast. You have a lot of action during the game. You have to be focused and very concentrated because it never stops. It’s attack, attack, counter-attack and it’s very fast.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2021
Raphaël Varane on his partnership with Harry Maguire: “Very good. He’s a good player. We had good communication, that’s very important, and the same spirit: to fight and to win the game.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2021
Pogba: “Mason I think he’s more left foot, he dribbles more with his left but to shoot he can shoot with both, his finishing is unreal. I think he’s the best finisher that I’ve seen, that I’ve trained with so far.”

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2021
Pogba: “He’s unbelievable, I wish he can score more goals and improve and help us to win the league again. He’s very young and very talented so we want to push him to become better and better.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:20am On Aug 30, 2021
Manchester United can confirm that Amad has sustained a thigh muscle injury in training and is likely to be out for six weeks.

Unfortunately, this happened just before his planned loan move to Feyenoord.

Amad will remain at United and rehabilitate back to full fitness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2021
Don't play Pogba in DM unless you're going to partner him with a high-energy DM, otherwise na tears. Yesterday we played two defensive liabilities for CM, nawa sha. I already knew what to expect but mehn, did I get even more disappointed?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2021
TheLequte:

VDB doesn’t keep the ball.

Keeping the ball is steadying the ship, don’t need one player to hang on to the ball for a long time, just recycle possession, others will create chances, while the skillful ones will hold on to the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

I just tire o... Rashford played the same position as Sancho with Bruno and Rashy bobo was scoring and assisting well. Sancho better step up his game or e go sit for bench.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

In the Final agaisnt Argentina I watched the full match live. He was atrocious, Peredes and that new athletico guy were having a field day in first half. Brazilian coach chalked him off at half time

You only watched the final. Fred did really well in the competition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:47am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

While Bruno was doing his best to achieve this, other players especially Fred was doing the opposite LMAO

Omo, I hate Bruno for one thing, impatience. Other players will give you the ball, and you will just throw it away in 1 sec without regret or anything.

He makes 1 quality/creative pass out of 10 or so in very game. Efficiency is key.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:51am On Aug 30, 2021
Expert17:
Man city: Rodri (DM) had the highest number of passes last season.

Chelsea: Jorginho (DM) had the highest number of passes last season.

Should we check for Man utd?

grin grin grin

Bros, it’s the system abeg. You think VDB or even Fred won’t have high number of passes under Pep? That’s why we need to hold on to the ball as a team for long. Helps tire out the opposition and helps our forwards make the right moves.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2021
CapitalCee:

Neves and Moutinho where free because Wolves were playing 3 at the back and our wingers James and Sancho were ineffective. So Bruno should troble 5 defenders alone? How can he link Midfield and attack when the Midfield is non existent. So Bruno should go and get the ball from Varane/Maguire then go ahead and trouble Wolves back 5? While Fred and Pogba will be eating salad
I never really understand the argument. Bruno plays like a second striker most of the time so I no really understand why we're trying to pretend that's not the case
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:55am On Aug 30, 2021
eph12:

Are you sure the midfield is being helped? Pogba and Fred's possession yesterday is almost double that of Bruno.

Touches of the ball
Wolves midfield
Neves 80
Moutinho 61
Marçal 67
Semedo 56

United midfield
Fred 86
Pogba 93
Bruno 63

their three CB Saïss, Kilman and Coady had 143 total touches, only Varane and Maguire had 144.

the only reason they created better was because they passed better and with better intent, and the first half which they played well was a hack challenge on United players which the ref allowed for reasons best known to him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2021
patrickmuf:
I talked about his game during the Euros but some folks here jumped at his defense. The thing with folks here is that when a match is ongoing, you see folks talking about the very issues affecting the team but once we some how manage to bag the 3 pts, they forget about all the issues they had earlier pointed out...

When a match is ongoing, you hardly see Bruno between the midfield and attack and when he is around that position and gets the ball, he loses it because he is so much in a hurry to release the pass...With Ronaldo, he will need to be more a creator, a patient one at that because CR7 will not hesitate to do to him what he does to others...
Which is?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2021
melodyogonna:

Which is?

grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2021
nitrogen:

Omo, I hate Bruno for one thing, impatience. Other players will give you the ball, and you will just throw it away in 1 sec without regret or anything.

He makes 1 quality/creative pass out of 10 or so in very game. Efficiency is key.

I understand your point, but we scored more than 40+ goals from that impatience pass last season and he created the highest no of chances and big chance creation in EPL.

Even the more efficient KDB assisted the same no of goals(12) with our wuruwuru AM.

Sign a DM and teach Pogba how to play in a double pivot.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
Ronaldo will surely rotate with Cavani and Greenwood.

Bruno will play all matches.

Know this and have peace.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2021
Paul Pogba: "His [Solskjær] strength may be that he understands the players, because he has been a player himself. He understands the players. He understands when we might need rest and he knows how to talk to the players. I think that’s his strength."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2021
Paul Pogba: "He [Solskjær] is here and there is a reason why he is the manager of this club, both he and the players know that. He has been chosen since he has the skills to do it and he is in a position where he can do it [win trophies], that is for sure."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
Paul Pogba: "We have to focus on playing well and doing the right things, then I think things will come by themselves. We have a strong team that can become champions. We know how hard it is, but we will do our best to lift the trophy this season."

(1) (2) (3) ... (10730) (10731) (10732) (10733) (10734) (10735) (10736) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.