Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10806) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8714866 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10803) (10804) (10805) (10806) (10807) (10808) (10809) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
BARAJ92:
They you use 7 players to defend even at times 8 players as Mount assist in the defensive work.
Fixed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lana1:
Small play grin grin
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lana1:
16 saves in 4 games is still a lot for a supposedly good defensive setup. It would have been another story if they were still using Kepa.

They struck gold with Mendy.
6 saves alone came from Aston villa match and a bunch from Liverpool.

We both know why with regards to Liverpool, for Aston villa, Saul was the culprit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
eph12:
Nobody wants to talk about how they went past Matic like he wasn't there a couple of times or I should mind my business?
las las the defence takes all the blame even when it's obvious our midfield is useless without the ball.

The team has a problem on how they press when they lose ball possession, for this I blame mostly Amaka. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lana1:
I go like see how Newcastle play against other top 6 teams away from home.

But for once I like how we played against a low block. We crossed a lot more and took more long shots. Even Matic attempted shots.
None of those aimless passing around the box we used to see before.
Yeah the improvement in our passing was real good and encouraging.
Newcastle will definitely play this way against City, not sure of others.

Bruno goal was a long while I have seen Bruno free to take a shot from that position without been rushed or closed down quickly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 12:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
KingAlabi:

6 saves alone came from Aston villa match and a bunch from Liverpool.

We both know why with regards to Liverpool, for Aston villa, Saul was the culprit.
Omo seems like the only time agenda comes into play when you're doing analysis is when Ole is involved. This is absolutely spot on.
12 out of the 16 saves have come against Liverpool and Villa. Liverpool, we know why. Villa, our midfield was wide open because we were playing 2 box to box players till J5 came in.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
chrisley024:
las las the defence takes all the blame even when it's obvious our midfield is useless without the ball.

The team has a problem on how they press when they lose ball possession, for this I blame mostly Amaka. grin
We pressed well yesterday though, making the newcastle players play more of long balls, it is our defending setup against counter attack I am worried about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
Unlimited22:

Omo seems like the only time agenda comes into play when you're doing analysis is when Ole is involved. This is absolutely spot on.
12 out of the 16 saves have come against Liverpool and Villa. Liverpool, we know why. Villa, our midfield was wide open because we were playing 2 box to box players till J5 came in.
@ bolded angry

But yeah, you guys shouldn't make that mistake of using two box-to-box midfielders again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
melodyogonna:

Ole is very bad at rotation
Because of this Man U can not win the league this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
hensben:
Because of this Man U can not win the league this season.
Lemme see if this is familiar, has been a theme with Chelsea fans I have communicated with.
Do you think Ronaldo is a finished player?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lana1:
Regardless of the kind of shots, they are all good saves. The guy is giving off prime De Gea vibes. Only difference that prime De Gea had a crappy defence and he still conceded a lot.

Mendy should definitely win African player of the year. He has done well
Yeah he's good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
melodyogonna:

Lemme see if this is familiar, has been a theme with Chelsea fans I have communicated with.
Do you think Ronaldo is a finished player?
Ronaldo is not a finished player, however, his game temple had reduced due to age.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
Expert17:

The attachments is from Sky Sports Experts: abi dey no sabi ball? grin

https://www.skysports.com/football/man-utd-vs-newcastle/446325

You can share a screenshot and link from any football expert supporting your view.

@bolded. The far post was exposed. The near post was exposed. Under his legs was exposed.

So what is the argument about?

This is the reason he was trying to make himself big because Ronaldo appeared so suddenly like a ghost. Ronaldo did not give the keeper time to think or plan. Just imagine if it was Cavani in that position, he would have reversed and pick another team mate with a pass.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Exonerate1:

Don't be stupid. Didn't you see the matches he has played this season in the screenshot?

Only a foolish person will believe that any data collated to this stage of the season is worth anything.

At this point last season Liverpool was topping the league. Tell me who eventually won the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
hensben:
Ronaldo is not a finished player, however, his game temple had reduced due to age.
At least you're more sensible than most. grin grin

All of them dey always realize the stupidity of the "finished player" statement when I ask them to bet on Lukaku outscoring Ronaldo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
Unlimited22:

Lmao, think say una be Man City
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
chrisley024:

Yesterday I saw Lingard try to press and others just stood back far away. Sometimes Bruno would press and others are not doing same to close down the options. I wonder why this is hard to add to this team's play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
BARAJ92:
They use 7 players to defend even at times 8 players as Mount assist in the defensive work.
You are delusional....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Exonerate1(m): 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
TheLequte:

Only a foolish person will believe that any data collated to this stage of the season is worth anything.

At this point last season Liverpool was topping the league. Tell me who eventually won the EPL.

31 games in the league and 10 games in the CL last season doesn't look like a Bench warmer no matter how you try to twist it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
BARAJ92:
They use 7 players to defend even at times 8 players as Mount assist in the defensive work.
When I called Tuchel tactics defensive the other day people thought I was joking cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Exonerate1:

31 games in the league and 10 games in the CL last season doesn't look like a Bench warmer no matter how you try to twist it.

Nope, it doesn’t. But 8 games in 38 the previous season stamps “benchwarmer” on his forehead.

Overall he’s played in less than 50% of all PSG’s games since he came in. If you go deeper and evaluate his contribution by the minute, that figure will drop further.

He has a good chance to remedy things this season. He just has to hope Veratti and co have the same season they had last season.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
KingAlabi:

@ bolded angry

But yeah, you guys shouldn't make that mistake of using two box-to-box midfielders again.

Something United does every time grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
elampiro:

He didn't play DM for us. Only on very few occasions. Our DMs since Ferguson has been Blind, Carrick, Schweisteiger, Sneiderlin, Matic, Fred/McTominay.

Herrera and Fellaini were occasionally used when there was no DM due to injuries

“He didn’t play DM for us but he played on few occasions.”

Which is which?

This is like saying elampiro isn’t a man but he has a penis he fücks girls with occasionally. grin cheesy

The fact is - he played there and he can play there.

Herrera played as a DM for United 33 times, and assisted 4 goals for United from that position.

33 games as a DM is enough to see he is a competent combative midfielder that could have helped this current team.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
Why does ESPN hates Ronaldo?

What exactly did the guy collect from them? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
Tommorow same fool will tell us Fellani played Dm for us and go to transfermarkt to screenshot nonsense. Craze people full here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Trevor012:
Tommorow same fool will tell us Fellani played Dm for us and go to transfermarkt to screenshot nonsense. Craze people full here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Actually Fellaini has played DM for us. I remember I watched some

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
chrisley024:
Actually Fellaini has played DM for us. I remember I watched some
Bring those 26 matches please cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
Trevor012:

Bring those 26 matches please cheesy cheesy
Not following the argument but I remember he did play few games in DM. Not sure about the number of games or if upto 26
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
elampiro:

This is the reason he was trying to make himself big because Ronaldo appeared so suddenly like a ghost. Ronaldo did not give the keeper time to think or plan. Just imagine if it was Cavani in that position, he would have reversed and pick another team mate with a pass.

He was trying to make himself big and failed to; so back to the topic, is he at fault or not?

Time to think for a GK? grin grin The reaction/decision time for a GK is less than 2 seconds....CR7 was with the ball for more than 7 seconds, find another excuse.

No wonder all football site gave him the lowest performance score.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 2:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
chrisley024:
Not following the argument but I remember he did play few games in DM. Not sure about the number of games or if upto 26
The bold is the Koko. I brought Fellani to show transfermarkt players positioning is Arbitrary and wack to use.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2021
Trevor012:

The bold is the Koko. I brought Fellani to show transfermarkt players positioning is Arbitrary and wack to use.
Alright. I've no idea how they get their numbers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10803) (10804) (10805) (10806) (10807) (10808) (10809) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.