Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8678433 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10848) (10849) (10850) (10851) (10852) (10853) (10854) ... (14144) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 8:55am On Sep 19, 2021
This very tactical Ajax coach still there?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 8:57am On Sep 19, 2021
alekside:
Funny Liverpool is currently on 15 games unbeaten run from last season.

Correct...I wanted to point this out, but I thought better of it...
He's going on about imaginary cracks in the squad, so let's deal with that first..

First things first as they say..... cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:00am On Sep 19, 2021
adebayo201:

Bookers have placed Manchester United as the fourth best team in EPL because we've two things the club hasn't address - Amaka and DM.
I think bookies had United as fourth best last season. that counts for little.
the most important games for us is getting points away at the teams outside the top four. we should be able to see out our home fixtures this season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:02am On Sep 19, 2021
Wallpaper update. My darling manager cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 9:06am On Sep 19, 2021
TheLequte:

The squad. Older machinery. Needs lots of oil from Klopp. City is shinier. And Pep oils well.

And, are we old if we're performing optimally, Salah will still contend for the golden boot this season irrespective of Afcon,he will also create more chances than every other Wenger in the league..Mane is getting his feet back..Jota,I need not say much..Robbo and Arnold will hit a tidy sum of assists...My midfield has already chipped in more goals 5 matches in than they did the throughout the entirety of last season....
Milner, a 36 year old man played RB yesterday and kept Zaha quiet...

You don't need the best players to bring out your philosophy, a great coach can make perceived average players world class...And Klopp has an excellent track record of this...
Case in point, finishing 3rd despite the injury problems in his team last season... cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:06am On Sep 19, 2021
Tingling feeling Starboy Sancho is going to open his account today. West ham are in trouble grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2021
AnfieldFan:

[s] And, are we old if we're performing optimally, Salah will still contend for the golden boot this season irrespective of Afcon,he will also create more chances than every other Wenger in the league..Mane is getting his feet back..Jota,I need not say much..Robbo and Arnold will hit a tidy sum of assists...My midfield has already chipped in more goals 5 matches in than they did the throughout the entirety of last season....

You don't need the best players to bring out your philosophy, a great coach can make perceived average players world class...And Klopp has an excellent track record of this...
Case in point, finishing 3rd despite the injury problems in his team last season... cool cool [/s]
Alaye keep quiet and stop typing nonsense cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ouzo1(m): 9:08am On Sep 19, 2021
I go warn my woman make she no ever call me darling again. E be like dat name na bad luck sef cuz same thing happen to Buhari, nw na Amaka

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2021
Trust in the process. Coming soon wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 9:13am On Sep 19, 2021
Trevor012:

Alaye keep quiet and stop typing nonsense cheesy cheesy

But bro, why naaa...We want the same thing... We want Ole to stay because he's building something truly magnificent.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2021
AnfieldFan:

[s] But bro, why naaa...We want the same thing... We want Ole to stay because he's building something truly magnificent.. grin grin
[/s]
Focus on your lucky performances this season. Your bubble go soon burst.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2021
TheLequte:

It’s difficult to say at the moment.

Last season we started badly and were topping by December. Then we lost steam and surrendered to City.

We started well this season and Ole has a better squad. With these improvements, the answer to that question should be pretty clear but Ole’s bizarre decisions (or lack of) will make you hesitate.

So, even with those improvements I can’t say, at this point, if we’ll be contenders- mainly because of Ole.

The reason I might think Liverpool and City are contenders at this point is because they’ve done it before. They’ve gone on incredible winning runs. Klopp’s squad is rustier than Pep. That’s why it seems I’m tipping City over Liverpool.

If we had a better coach then we’d be deemed contenders at this point too.

This doesn’t mean we aren’t contenders at all, it only means that things are not clear yet for us. We can still grow into the season, emerge contenders and eventually win it.
Chelsea are not playing their best football yet are winning games. That for me is a sign that they're going to fight for the title all the way...

City not signing a striker Wil be their greatest undoing. Liverpool are strong contenders as long as VVD and their other CBs remain fit. Good thing for Liverpool is that Klopp seems to have learnt, early days but he is already rotating his team and fairly well...

I agree with everything you have said about our chances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WarAgainstBegga: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2021
Trevor012:
Trust in the process. Coming soon wink wink
Baba dey disguise grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:11am On Sep 19, 2021
melodyogonna:

The reason you can't say is because Ole has not won a trophy yet, you're not yet convinced he is capable of winning one. No be all these shalaye
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2021
[s]
Trevor012:

Focus on your lucky performances this season. Your bubble go soon burst.
[/s]

In your dreams... Scummy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2021
patrickmuf:
Chelsea are not playing their best football yet are winning games. That for me is a sign that they're going to fight for the title all the way...

City not signing a striker Wil be their greatest undoing. Liverpool are strong contenders as long as VVD and their other CBs remain fit. Good thing for Liverpool is that Klopp seems to have learnt, early days but he is already rotating his team and fairly well...

I don't know if I should call this hypocritical or ironical coming from you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 11:31am On Sep 19, 2021
melodyogonna:

The reason you can't say is because Ole has not won a trophy yet, you're not yet convinced he is capable of winning one. No be all these shalaye

Poppycock.

I’m not convinced because of the recurrent mistakes Ole makes, not because he hasn’t won a trophy. Everyone has a first time.

You knew Klopp would be a contender and eventually win it that season he went head to head with Pep.

Learn to read other people’s opinion and think.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:33am On Sep 19, 2021
Moyes vs Ole.

Battle of the average. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 11:34am On Sep 19, 2021
AnfieldFan:

You still haven't made anything concrete or tangible for me to hold unto...

Think of it this way; I can say Man United has cracks in it's DM position, as well as the RB position...I can also say City do not create as many chances as the do with DeBruyne present when he's absent and as such, do not score as much as they do when he's missing...

Whether true or false, these are all points that can be scrutinized and debated with factual information...

So, do you have any concrete information about cracks in my squad....Hell, lemme help you, squad depth

Okay.

Liverpool rely on a few players to deliver the goods. Problem is those players are getting old, so their consistency will be affected. Mané, Salah, VVD. Who else is standing heads above others? And how consistent are they to keep delivering?

City has a plethora of match winners.

You dig?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 11:35am On Sep 19, 2021
AnfieldFan:

And, are we old if we're performing optimally, Salah will still contend for the golden boot this season irrespective of Afcon,he will also create more chances than every other Wenger in the league..Mane is getting his feet back..Jota,I need not say much..Robbo and Arnold will hit a tidy sum of assists...My midfield has already chipped in more goals 5 matches in than they did the throughout the entirety of last season....

Case in point, finishing 3rd despite the injury problems in his team last season... cool cool

Bold of you to be making these claims on the back of the poor season you had last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:41am On Sep 19, 2021
larride:
Moyes vs Ole.

Evil minds lurk in this thread grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2021
patrickmuf:

I disagree about Chelsea. The end of the season saved them last season. They were already losing winnable games.

Cup games are not the same as league games so the UCL victory doesn’t paper over the cracks.

Have you noticed how vulnerable they become immediately they go one goal up? Sure, coach may be good but that team mentality and cohesiveness is not there.

Utd, City and Liverpool are ahead of them in this regard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheLequte: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2021
larride:
Moyes vs Ole.

grin grin

Larride you show face today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2021
Solskjaer on Sancho: "I think you're right, both with Raphael Varane and Cristiano [Ronaldo] coming in, that takes a little bit of pressure off a young man."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2021
Solskjaer: "He's [Sancho] 21, he's learning the game, he's learning how we train, he's learning how we play, he's learning the Premier League, but he's come in hungry to learn."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2021
Solskjaer on Sancho: "We knew his talent, and we signed him with the thought that we are going to have a top forward here for the next 10 or 12 years."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2021
Solskjaer: "Jadon's [Sancho] finding his feet, it's unfortunate that he fell ill just when he was going to come in, so he was out, and he lost a bit of pre-season. But he is working hard and he will be good."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:59am On Sep 19, 2021
Solskjaer: "Yeah of course [the fans are desperate for silverware]. That's the ultimate aim, that's what we are here for, that's the history that we have and that's the legacy that we have to leave behind whenever we leave at the end."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
Solskjaer: "That's the focus, that's the aim, that's the ambition, to get to April or May in that position [near the top of the table], though you have to stay calm, keep doing what you do and work well in training."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WarAgainstBegga: 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2021
larride:
Moyes vs Ole.

I will pick Moyes anytime anyday, twice on a fûcking hot Sunday grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by WarAgainstBegga: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
Oasis007:
Solskjaer: "That's the focus, that's the aim, that's the ambition, to get to April or May in that position [near the top of the table], though you have to stay calm, keep doing what you do and work well in training."
Baba dey pray for near the top of the table

He doesn't see himself as a manager that can lead this honourable to the top....and some people want to continue trusting the process.

Shame on you lot!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2021
WarAgainstBegga:

Baba dey pray for near the top of the table

He doesn't see himself as a manager that can lead this honourable to the top....and some people want to continue trusting the process.

Shame on you lot!!!
Wetin be the question wey dem ask am?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10848) (10849) (10850) (10851) (10852) (10853) (10854) ... (14144) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m), YoungB1a(m), superfelix and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.