Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8672968 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11065) (11066) (11067) (11068) (11069) (11070) (11071) ... (14141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
6 Seasons? Shaw that was plaqued with injuries?

He was plaqued with injuries for 6 years?. Hmmmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
slimghost:

He was plaqued with injuries for 6 years?. Hmmmm
For majority and we al know how his relationship with Mou was like...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2021
Jodera:
Omo... For a moment I thought this was Chelsea's thread o, see hijacking everywhere, Sotey residents of the thread just leave dem grin grin.

E no go better for Ole las las grin grin
Chelsea fans for some reason think they're in competition with us. I guess they've taken us as the yardstick to measure their success, that coupled with the fact that Tottenham which should be their main rival has no thread in Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

I know we both have our differences, but God bless you for this statement
Lol please we don't have any differences o. We did banter some other day and na there e end cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:00pm On Oct 24, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

Until it gets to Fred cheesy
You have a point
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
For majority and we al know how his re2with Mou was like...

This is wrong bro. I think he had injury issues for a season or so. The other season, Mou didn’t play him or he wasn’t fit.
Look at his stats over the last 5 seasons. I intentionally used the last 5 seasons.
Shaw is not better than Chillwell. Both by stats and by eyes. One good season doesn’t make you a good player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
liveLongNprospa:

*half a season grin
Which of the half?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2021
slimghost:

This is wrong bro. I think he had injury issues for a season or so. The other season, Mou didn’t play him or he wasn’t fit.
Look at his stats over the last 5 seasons. I intentionally used the last 5 seasons.
Shaw is not better than Chillwell. Both by stats and by eyes. One good season doesn’t make you a good player.
Well, it's down to preference if you read me, I acknowledged that Chilwell has been better this season but it's too early to make a statement...It's like saying Bayern are favorite for the UCL based on their impressive performance in the UCL this season but we all know it's early days, loss of form, injuries or poor selection can ruin their season...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
melodyogonna:

Na when recruitment dey manager based. No clear team recruitment process

Imagine having no clear team recruitment process at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Fergie really papered over a lot of cracks at this club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
Well, it's down to preference if you read me, I acknowledged that Chilwell has been better this season but it's too early to make a statement...It's like saying Bayern are favorite for the UCL based on their impressive performance in the UCL this season but we all know it's early days, loss of form, injuries or poor selection can ruin their season...

Personal preference then. For me, he crosses better than Shaw, supports his players better, attacks better than Shaw and better on dead balls.
Defensively, I don’t know for both but stats have shown him to be better too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
I have started drinking already so I can handle whatever Ole and his crew serve us today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

I no dey like long talk. grin

I gave you guys another example of Saka and Sancho, but you have stylishly binned that, and stuck with Chiwell

This is the stats of both Chiwell and Shaw since when Chiwell started making senior appearances in the EPL (2015/2016)

Shaw and Chiwell can never be mates. No let last season deceive you. Chiwell is better than him.

Chiwell at Leicester is your chiwell now?

Abi make I drop shaw stats from soton?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
Tielemans contract runs until June 2023

Age 24

Make United sign this guy abeg

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
slimghost:
I have started drinking already so I can handle whatever Ole and his crew serve us today.
Baba I don do 3 bottles already, whatever happens I am ready...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
cheesy cheesy grin Just see our lives outside! Lmao!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
If we loose I will avoid this thread personally because of you, make you no go begin pour your emotions on me. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
According to stats, drogba and darren bent, Aiyegbeni and co are in the same category. Nice one.
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
Mrviktor:
Tielemans contract runs until June 2023

Age 24

Make United sign this guy abeg

Not a priority signing. We need a DM and right back asap.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
KingAlabi:

If we loose I will avoid this thread personally because of you, make you no go begin pour your emotions on me. undecided
Hehehe You no dey too support Ole again so, you no get wahala...

Na Melody still dey blink like PHCN
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

Stats of Bruno and Kevin last season.

Tell me the whole lot of lies in it
Bear in mind that Bruno played a shit ton of penalties grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
Did you watch them last season?

I watched over 70% of Chelsea games and 80% of Manchester United games so I can categorically drop an informed opinion...

This season isn't even half way gone and for some part, Chilwell was glued to the bench so, what else to you need me to tell you? Early days bro...

Is this your explain for how Shaw is better than Shaw?

"I watched a certain amount of Chelsea games" grin grin grin

OH GAWD!

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

Can you show me the stats between Ronaldinho and Salah within the same period? NO

Can you show me the stats between Gnarby and Ribery within the same period?

I could go on and on with your examples, but it's not worth it.

Shaw and Chilwell are playing in the same league, and were starters in their respective teams within the same period. That's a good metric for comparison

Which one be Salah and Ronaldinho?

Guess Salah plays football while Ronaldinho played fusbal

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2021
BikeMan:
Is this your explain for how Shaw is better than Shaw?

"I watched a certain amount of Chelsea games" grin grin grin

OH GAWD!
Use your eyes, you're no mermaid...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
BlueAngel444:
so because Shaw had a good couple of months he is now the best thing to happen to lb undecided like Robertson didn't have his year, or Davis, or Chilwell.

Y manu fans for nairaland be like this

Chelsea saying Chilwell was whatever to the bench had nothing to do with Chilwell's performance but how good Alonso was playing. Wait so how did u come up with this your logic

And it's not like as if even when Chilwell was struggling last season that shaw outperformed him
So because Ole nor good at rotating players they think Shaw is next best thing after Carlos. Make good coach come Man U make you see how him go bench Shaw and Bissakka.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
Hehehe You no dey too support Ole again so, you no get wahala...

Na Melody still dey blink like PHCN
Let's just hope we win Liverpool, if not I loose whatever pride I have left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
patrickmuf:
Did you watch them last season?

I watched over 70% of Chelsea games and 80% of Manchester United games so I can categorically drop an informed opinion...

This season isn't even half way gone and for some part, Chilwell was glued to the bench so, what else to you need me to tell you? Early days bro...

You have not said how Shaw is better.
When you say eye test, what does shaw do better than Ben?
This isn't about you watching a certain percentage but even if you are saying you watched 70% of Chelsea games then you should be able to list these things easily.
Does shaw cross better or defend better or attack spaces better or provide width better or dribble better or have you noticed shaw is a better 1v1 defended than Ben?

These are things you should be saying so I'm waiting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2021
izzou:

I have personally watched them on this thread use stats to rate Bruno over Kevin

When it favours them, they use stats

When it doesn't favour them, they ditch stats and use their eyes as proof

Double standards everywhere grin

Hence why I'm hoping to see how they will say Bruno was better without using stats grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
eph12:

Which of the half?
Second grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
eph12:

You have a point
Thank you cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
slimghost:

Personal preference then. For me, he crosses better than Shaw, supports his players better, attacks better than Shaw and better on dead balls.
Defensively, I don’t know for both but stats have shown him to be better too.

The one area Shaw is really really fantastic at is progressing with the ball. He’s just okay in the other areas.

And more importantly, he’s only offered us one good year out of the 5 or 6 he’s been at the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donstan18: 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
timbros:
Funny how stats show everybody start to 'comot hand' grin grin grin

Izzou you are not a good somebody cheesy
Those stats shocked me tbh.

Safe to say it’s a very big insult to Chilwell comparing Shaw to him.

I once did, I take my L cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
I don’t know what warrants Chilwell comparison with Shaw.

Marcos Alonso probably has better stats than he does yet these shekpites hardly bring his matter here- because they’ve seen him disgraced.

The reason for all these disturbance is because Chilwell scored in his last 2 games and they haven’t really seen his bad side.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11065) (11066) (11067) (11068) (11069) (11070) (11071) ... (14141) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Candid2022, efec(m), nitrogen(m), Leyqute(m), oliverano, MRTA7 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.