Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,556 members, 7,861,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11966) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8866408 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11963) (11964) (11965) (11966) (11967) (11968) (11969) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2022
Cyberrex:

that was the similar style VDB was playing when he arrived, the reat just couldn't keep up with him

Ykb

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:37am On Jul 06, 2022
MRTA7:

No. easily sell to where? with the high wages he'll get as a free agent? he's a definite NO for me. he has regressed badly. I would have thought we've learnt our lessons signing players like that.
Regressed badly? After just a season where he struggled?

I remember I suggested we sign Ings a couple of years back but some of us here were against the move, the same Ings that moved to Southampton and was very good...

To sign a player of Dybala's quality, you'll need to cough out at least 50m so, if we sign him on a wages of 200-250k for 3 yrs I wouldn't mind...

There's a general dearth of quality attacking players in the market so, I'd rather we sign Dybala than nothing...

NB: I rather we sign Antony but if we don't, then Dybala will be an upgrade on what we have currently as I am not sure Amad and Pellestri are ready to step up and Greenwood is still not training with the team while Sancho seems to favor the LW position.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:38am On Jul 06, 2022
TrebleChamp:
I have not seen any holding midfielder linked to United, abi De Jong will play CM and HM together. ETH is playing with fire if he thinks De Jong and Erikson only will solve our midfield problem, we need a very good HM to play with Erikson or De Jong (if he eventually joins).
Lisandro can effectively play that position if he joins...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:42am On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2022
Let it be known to all and sundry that our new signing, VDB will not struggle with this new system.

He will tear up that SS role with his quick combinations

Abeg, anybody wey dey too slow to play this intelligent footy should find the door

Welcome to digital footy baby kiss

Some niggas about to choke on their favorite 'VDB is not EPL material' poem

We never had a system under Ole to begin with tongue

Stay tuned

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2022
[Dejong Update: Simon Stone]
Manchester United have been getting a bit of heat over the difficulty they have experienced in trying to sign Frenkie De Jong from Barcelona.

It is understood an outline deal is in place but progress towards completion has been slow.

A piece in the Spanish newspaper Marca might explain why.

Marca say they have seen De Jong's Barcelona contract and it confirms the Dutchman agreed to a major restructuring of his contract within an overall extension that was designed to help the Catalan giants through the pandemic.

Essentially, Marca says De Jong had his salary reduced to €3m in 2020-21 and €6m last season. Starting from next season, he is due to earn €18m for the next three years - and €19m in the final year.

Evidently, if he was to leave for United now, De Jong would want some kind of compensation for the money he should have earned by now but hasn't.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
No be United dey hold up the deal, na Barca wey no want pay Dejong his agreed salary. They want the guy to just forget what he's being owed you can imagine shocked

Once this is settled, the deal will be concluded hopefully.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
afrodoc:

They could not make those passes accurately at the speed required by ETH. A sort of football Heisenberg uncertainty principle cheesy

The youth players that trained on Day 1 and 2 of camp did better.
Exactly what I was going to say. The youth players did it better and faster. All I heard the coach saying was that they should up the intensity. The senior players are doing it all wrong.

It'll gel with time sha. I just hope they don't turn on him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
Ellexy:
[The Athletic] It is currently not known when — or if — Cristiano Ronaldo will return to Manchester United. As he looks to force a move, he could even go public with his grievances.

Which grievances abeg
cheesy cheesy cheesy
He will return this week sha. It's pointless to stay away while the team's preparing to go for preseason tour. What if a good offer doesn't come in? He should be here by Friday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
patrickmuf:
I saw your Twitter handle promoting Poch... grin
grin
Poch's my man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
Btwn do y'all know the likes of Ziyech and co initially turned on Ten Hag first 2 months or so of his tenure? Ten Hag had a meeting with the players and they decided to meet each other half way. He made some concessions and they did as well. I think Laurie Whitwell said this in one Red devils podcasts.

So he might have some problems with some of these egoistical players. That's why I'm not totally against bringing in ex players on a massive scale. At least as a start until we start seeing some positive changes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
eph12:

That's if they don't turn on him first as they did with Rangnick after they have guaranteed their place in the team
ragnick bleeped this squad up, people keep shying away from it.. you can't come mid season and expect a team that has not played pressing football for years to start pressing immediately. I like were Carrick was doing, he was playing to the team strengths, which was surrender possession and Counter attack.. ragnick isn't a bad coach, but a bad manager..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
ovoP:
ragnick bleeped this squad up, people keep shying away from it.. you can't come mid season and expect a team that has not played pressing football for years to start pressing immediately. I like were Carrick was doing, he was playing to the team strengths, which was surrender possession and Counter attack.. ragnick isn't a bad coach, but a bad manager..
You people tend to forget there was a reason Rangnick was brought in.

Ole was friendly with players. Was nice to them. Was always trying to keep them happy. Was ready to adapt to whatever tactics and formation . But he got sacked mid-season, why?

But sure, let's put all the blame on Rangnick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
ChristoBam:

You people tend to forget there was a reason Rangnick was brought in.

Ole was friendly with players. Was nice to them. Was always trying to keep them happy. Was ready to adapt to whatever tactics and formation . But he got sacked mid-season, why?

But sure, let's put all the blame on Rangnick.

The funny aspect is the hype Carrick got over 2-3 matches performance when Ole the worsr manager we have had in a lifetime performed better over 10 matches.

I really liked Carrick as a player but i have no idea about his coaching/managerial ability as a couple of matches is not enough to pass judgment.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
eph12:

That's if they don't turn on him first as they did with Rangnick after they have guaranteed their place in the team

This is my fear. But as someone opined, bringing in his former players might settle the intending or unforseen hullabaloo.

Ps:
I'd like us to judiciously follow the preseason tour. We need to assess these players not on their previous records. And from the look of things, it's showing a sign of positive progress even if it's minutes.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
ovoP:
Lol because of 2/3 matches?

Tell me how the club was going to get a honest assessment of the team from that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2022
adebayo201:

This is my fear. But as someone opined, bringing in his former players might settle the intending or unforseen hullabaloo.

Ps:
I'd like us to judiciously follow the preseason tour. We need to assess these players not on their previous records. And from the look of things, it's showing a sign of positive progress even if it's minutes.
My fear in Dejong insistence is that if for any reason ETH doesn't work out here, Dejong will immediately hand in a transfer request because he does not want to be here in the first instance. That's a lot of eggs in one basket. We have to only bring in players that believe in what the club intends to achieve and are ready to play for the club

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2022
adebayo201:

Ps:
I have lost faith in a lot of them. I'm not expecting a miracle from these players. I certainly don't trust the preseason matches. Until season starts proper and we play like 10+ matches before I start to believe in the team or just give up on the season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
Utdreport:
#mufc have made a £51m bid for Antony #mulive [@jamesalanrobson]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
Bayern director Oliver Kahn again on Cristiano Ronaldo: “As much as I appreciate Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the greatest players, a move would not fit into our philosophy”, tells @FrankLinkesch ⛔️�� #FCBayern

Mendes discussed with Bayern of Ronaldo but answer is still the same. https:///6Ax6YG6kLs

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 7:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
I wont be surprised if CR stays because no one wants to sign him.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2022
Utdreport:
Joan Laporta: "Frenkie de Jong is a Barça player and is not for sale." #mulive [@mundodeportivo]

The Laporta is a weyrey somebodi.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Utdreport:
Joan Laporta: "Frenkie de Jong is a Barça player and is not for sale." #mulive [@mundodeportivo]

The Laporta is a weyrey somebodi.....

grin

He's a Troll. That Club is fúckin broke. They can't afford to keep him for more Seasons. He's simply spitting those trash to squeeze more money from United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2022
Next Monday after Chelsea makes their intentions of not signing him known. 'Christiano has decided to stay at the club after seeing the team display the level of ambition he's been calling for'

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:46pm On Jul 06, 2022
ChristoBam:
Next Monday after Chelsea makes their intentions of not signing him known. 'Christiano has decided to stay at the club after seeing the team display the level of ambition he's been calling for'

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
Telegraph: Manchester United move for Frenkie de Jong is being held up by money owed to him by Barcelona in wages he agreed to defer due to the coronavirus pandemic. He is owed £13.7m in basic wages.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Telegraph: As well as the £13.7m in basic wages, Frenkie de Jong is believed to be owed another £3.4m in waived bonuses by Barcelona for playing in at least 60% of Barça's matches over the previous two seasons.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
Oasis007:

grin

He's a Troll. That Club is fúckin broke. They can't afford to keep him for more Seasons. He's simply spitting those trash to squeeze more money from United.
Read Barcelona is even owing Frenkie some payment, reason why they want him to sign the new contract that would reduce his wage. Dead Club according to Who.Dey.Hause grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2022
ChristoBam:
Hope you are not seeing Ronaldo in your dream every night

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Fabrizio Romano: Bayern director Oliver Kahn again on Cristiano Ronaldo: “As much as I appreciate Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the greatest players, a move would not fit into our philosophy”.

Mendes discussed with Bayern of Ronaldo but answer is still the same.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
Bayern don't want him. Juventus can't afford him. Chelsea new Owner wants him, I guess for commercial purpose, coz ain't sure Tuchel really wants him.

Real Madrid? Ain't sure Benzema will be happy to have him back in the Team.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11963) (11964) (11965) (11966) (11967) (11968) (11969) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Baldg and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.