Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793707 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11960) (11961) (11962) (11963) (11964) (11965) (11966) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
afrodoc:

I am not even debating whether Ronaldo left in a professional or non-professional matter. I am just putting context on this well timed news report from a well known club stooge.

P.S I am not aware that Ronaldo ran to the media. I thought he informed the club that he wanted to leave and the club informed the press. I might be mistaken though. Or do you have any article or interview from Ronaldo on this matter?
If you believe a so called club stooge, Duncan Castles that first broke the news about Ronaldo wanting to leave is a well known Jorge Mendes mouthpiece.

The club and the manager expected Ronaldo back in training as scheduled before his agent started this saga. I don't see when they briefed the club, if anything the club have said he's not for sale.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
MRTA7:

I think the point is that what changed? He knew there was no CL next season for nearly 2 months and about the 25% cut due to that already. So what has happened since that made him change his mind?
My theory is this. Jorge Mendes marketed him to other top clubs outside England but none seem to be interested. Chelsea Boehly came into the picture and positive talks were held but Mendes knows United won't sell directly to a rival hence the press briefing about letting him go if a suitable offer comes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ellexy:
If you believe a so called club stooge, Duncan Castles that first broke the news about Ronaldo wanting to leave is a well known Jorge Mendes mouthpiece.

The club and the manager expected Ronaldo back in training as scheduled before his agent started this saga. I don't see when they briefed the club, if anything the club have said he's not for sale.

Cool. If it is Duncan Castles that first broke it then it is definitely coming from Ronaldo's camp.

However like i stated earlier i was just responding to that PR spin from the club. If anything it shows that the club and Ronaldo are fighting a proxy war using their agents in the press to disseminate whatever info they want revealed.

Sources close to Ronaldo won't give that salary info to Luckhurst. Sources close to the club however will. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
Fabrizio Romano: Official announcement coming very soon for Malacia as new Manchester United player, it will be confirmed in the afternoon. Matter of minutes.

…from the exclusive news of the deal hijacked last Tuesday, to the official statement coming today. Here we go confirmed.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2022
Oasis007:
Fabrizio Romano: Official announcement coming very soon for Malacia as new Manchester United player, it will be confirmed in the afternoon. Matter of minutes.

…from the exclusive news of the deal hijacked last Tuesday, to the official statement coming today. Here we go confirmed.

See as they are slowly milking this Malacia transfer as if we just signed Eric Cantona. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2022
I understand the desperation from fans but still we should exercise some patience...We don't have the UCL to offer so, it's a lot difficult to bring in top players...If we must sign a top player at the speed some of you want, we'd have had to overpay but now the club is taking their time to negotiate a deal that's fair, they still get a lot of slack...

If we go by our clamour as fans here, Sancho was supposed to solve our RW problems but we're still not sure if he is that guy. If the board didn't buy Sancho, I am sure we wouldn't have heard the last of it here...The same applies to Varane...

We will definitely sign a midfielder or two. Lisandro will be joining us next and he can comfortably play as a DM, we have also sign Eriksen who can do a job as a CM or as an AM in any case Bruno is out of form...

Even if De Jong doesn't come, a midfield of Lisandro, VDB/Bruno and Eriksen is an improvement on McFred...

Slowly but surely we are making progress...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
afrodoc:

Cool. If it is Duncan Castles that first broke it then it is definitely coming from Ronaldo's camp.

However like i stated earlier i was just responding to that PR spin from the club. If anything it shows that the club and Ronaldo are fighting a proxy war using their agents in the press to disseminate whatever info they want revealed.

Sources close to Ronaldo won't give that salary info to Luckhurst. Sources close to the club however will. cheesy
Tbh the club hasn't even done anything yet to make Ronaldo look bad. The salary you're talking about is not a secret, the 25% salary reduction is not a secret as well, an average Joe knows this.

It's Ronaldo and his camp that's wants to create unnecessary drama and put us back in search of a striker in an almost strikerless market.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:20pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ellexy:
Tbh the club hasn't even done anything yet to make Ronaldo look bad. The salary you're talking about is not a secret, the 25% salary reduction is not a secret as well, an average Joe knows this.

It's Ronaldo and his camp that's wants to create unnecessary drama and put us back in search of a striker in an almost strikerless market.

It is not a secret but the club's agent is just now revealing that Ronaldo is unhappy about it? Why not tell us about Maguire and Bruno not being happy about it?

Oh because Ronaldo is the one asking to leave. Or is it that Maguire, Bruno, Rashford, Sancho and the others are all happy their salary was reduced? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
afrodoc:

It is not a secret but the club's agent is just now revealing that Ronaldo is unhappy about it? Why not tell us about Maguire and Bruno not being happy about it?

Oh because Ronaldo is the one asking to leave. Or is it that Maguire, Bruno, Rashford, Sancho and the others are all happy their salary was reduced? cheesy
But it's not a lie abi is Ronaldo of all people happy about it?

Like I said the club is yet to paint the picture of Ronaldo being the villian here despite the disrespect he's shown to the club and the coach. He's busy training in Lisbon but won't report for preseason.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ellexy:

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ellexy:
But it's not a lie abi is Ronaldo of all people happy about it?

Like I said the club is yet to paint the picture of Ronaldo being the villian here despite the disrespect he's shown to the club and the coach. He's busy training in Lisbon but won't report for preseason.

You have still not explained why it was Ronaldo that was used. Why did they not say the players were not happy? O why not DDG, Lindelof, Telles, or McTom? cheesy

Or are the other players happy with the salary reduction? Is it only Ronaldo that is unhappy about the reduction?

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2022
Tottenham.
Richalson.. Kane. Son.. Kulu.. Perisic..

Liverpool
Nunez.. Salah.. Bobby.. Jota... DiaZ

Mancity.
Marhez.. Bermado.. Halland. Alvarez.. Kdb..

We dont have enough firepower to outscore this people. No cap.. That's just d honest truth.. Ronaldo or not.. We need a full time striker. Not make shift.. Converted wingers.. Rashford (converted) Martial (converted) .. Ronaldo (converted) elanga (converted)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ellexy:
Oga Simon Stone is a correspondent for the club, you can take it up with him not me.

I want to take it up with you the same way you've been taking it with everyone on the thread recently. Show me stats that probe that Ronaldo didn't adapt his game

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 3:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
hensben:
He didn't to be honest. cr7 is a player you have to bend to coupled with his achievement what can a coach like ralf will tell him, he was not needed in the team initially but ojukororo do una. Cr7 has personal goal to chase to remain in limelight o telling him to do something that will make him not to be in the limelight is not possible.

Please tell me or better still show me stats confirming that his game impact heat maps e.t.c... are still the same as in Real Madrid and Juventus.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Uniquisite: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
ChristoBam:

No one's ever called Rashford a CF. Whether he picks up or not, we go in for a CF in January or next summer. Everything else is out of our hands. Except we want to spend 60m+ on one of the average strikers available rn.

Okay, I just wanted to put it out there because there was someone indirectly implying that Ronaldo was the cause of Rashford's flop. I'm all for a new CF, I even hope Ronaldo leaves, but I don't understand what he did to get this kind of blame.

People saying he tore up the dressing room, someone even said he clashed with Maguire over the captaincy under Ragnick, saying he's the reason man utd players are not serious and loose, saying he's the reason the other strikers are not scoring goals.e.t.c
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
ovoP:
but sancho did not impress me at all last season.. 3 goals and 3 assist from the left last season.. rashford with the bizarre season and bench time still scored 3 goals.. rashford with is bizarre showing would have had a better output from the left last season

Me too, I was very disappointed bro TBH, when he scored against Man City in the second leg I thought my guy wan pick form grin

Little did I know...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintkeppy(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
eph12:

Who is the striker you want to go for in January that you can't go for now?

Maybe Harry Kane but Conte won't allow such in the middle of the season, he would love to finish in top 4
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2022
Omo... Where our resident foto_graphas. Why's this coming late angry

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintkeppy(m): 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
kozmicity:

Okay, I just wanted to put it out there because there was someone indirectly implying that Ronaldo was the cause of Rashford's flop. I'm all for a new CF, I even hope Ronaldo leaves, but I don't understand what he did to get this kind of blame.

People saying he tore up the dressing room, someone even said he clashed with Maguire over the captaincy under Ragnick, saying he's the reason man utd players are not serious and loose, saying he's the reason the other strikers are not scoring goals.e.t.c

All these things are just stories, Maguire should have gladly gave the captaincy to CR7, there is no excuse for them to perform, they should be happy they have CR7 as a motivator in the team, dude tried his best for the team scoring 18 PL goals, scores important goals in UCL, most of his goals came on stoppage time to earn a point or save the club from embarrassing defeats.
Who wouldn't love to have CR7 in his team.

I still maintain my stance, the current Man Utd team/squad don't deserve CR7.

Maguire with a whole Captain band was just running aimlessly within his own half, a complete mediocre with £80Million price Tag.

Sancho, Rashford, Pogba were just being there on big weekly wages, doing nothing special.

Paul Pogba is gone for free, I don't even feel it.

Kudos to David D'Gea despite poor defence, till manage to save over 100 goal-bound shots fired from all angles throughout the season.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ellexy:

Seconded
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
saintkeppy:

All these things are just stories, Maguire should have gladly gave the captaincy to CR7, there is no excuse for them to perform, they should be happy they have CR7 as a motivator in the team, dude tried his best for the team scoring 18 PL goals, scores important goals in UCL, most of his goals came on stoppage time to earn a point or save the club from embarrassing defeats.

Maguire with a whole Captain band was just running aimlessly within his own half, a complete mediocre with £80Million price Tag.

Sancho, Rashford, Pogba were just being there on big weekly wages, doing nothing special.

Kudos to David D'Gea despite poor defence, till manage to save over 100 goal-bound shots fired from all angles throughout the season.

Those two are the unsung heroes. Would've loved to see more of Shaw but injuries and that guy sometimes, they be like 5&6.

Bissaka under ole was almost impenetrable defensively but he was benched for Dalot because of his lack of attacking ability.

If I was told to select my the best players in last seasons man utd squad... They'll be

De Gea
Ronaldo
Mata( he didn't play much but when he did, his intelligence shone brightly)
Lindelof
Shaw
Bissaka.

I am disappointed at this list and it just goes to show how bad this team was that the last three names on that list were still bad.

On another note: Who thinks Wan Bissaka will do well as a CB if he is converted??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
saintkeppy:

How convenient to put a player ahead of the club. Did he dribble his way to score the 18 goals? Was he not supported by others?

Last 2 seasons you guys clamoured for Sancho berating the board whenever possible but what difference did Sancho make when he was signed last season? Varane?

I don't believe Varane is all of a sudden bad neither do I believethesame Sancho we watched at Dortmund is trash. In De Gea, Varane, VDB, Bruno, Eriksen (As good as done), Sancho etc We have a good crop of players while the likes of Rasford, Martial, Dalot and Shaw (Malacia) are not entirely useless.

We still trying to get FDJ, Lisandro and prolly Antony. If we get all of them then it's a very successful summer. If Ronaldo had made it clear he was leaving from the get-go, I am certain we wouldhave been in for any of Nunez/Haaland/Nkunku etc. Personally I want Ronaldo gone just so ETH has full controll of the dressing room...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
afrodoc:

You have still not explained why it was Ronaldo that was used. Why did they not say the players were not happy? O why not DDG, Lindelof, Telles, or McTom? cheesy

Or are the other players happy with the salary reduction? Is it only Ronaldo that is unhappy about the reduction?
And you have not denied it not to be true. Doc is he happy or not with the salary reduction? cheesy

To your question, none of the other players have gone on strike or refused to resume work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ellexy:
From a Ronaldo fan account lol
The poster is right sha, Ronaldo want success on the pitch more than United...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
Mrviktor:

This boy plays like Aaron..
Which Aaron?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ellexy:
And you have denied it not to be true. Doc is he happy or not with the salary reduction? cheesy

To your question, none of the other players have gone on strike or refused to resume work.

Exactly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
MRTA7:

I think the point is that what changed? He knew there was no CL next season for nearly 2 months and about the 25% cut due to that already. So what has happened since that made him change his mind?
Ronaldo saw City and Liverpool strengthening their team, while United is assumed to be chasing one player for 2 months. But some people will have us believe he want to leave now because of lack of CL and his salary reduction grin...

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2022
TrebleChamp:
The poster is right sha, Ronaldo want success on the pitch more than United...
Abegii, enough of this Ronaldo bum kissing. That it hasn't worked out for the Glazers so far doesn't mean they don't want success, the money spent speaks for itself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11960) (11961) (11962) (11963) (11964) (11965) (11966) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.