Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,036 members, 7,849,172 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:41 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8832896 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12157) (12158) (12159) (12160) (12161) (12162) (12163) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2022
Leyqute:

Before EtH came, the board was slow with transfers. After he came, the board is still slow wirh transfers.

Is it the new comer that made a department that is already slow, inefficient and incompetent, slow, inefficient and incompetent?
No one is having that argument with you, it is generally accepted that the board is inept however, EtH too has his own fault especially his insistence on FDJ.

A friend of mine was mad at EtH for retaining Maguire as captain, from that day, he was certain EtH is clueless but I argued otherwise...Time will tell though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:
Baba EtH has his fault as do the board. At the time, everything was dumped on the board even when it was obvious EtH too had his own faults.

The thing is that you think everyone who highlights EtH role in this seeming transfer debacle is holding brief for the board but it's not true...

It is now you know that the board too has fault. I can drop receipts of all the times I said the blame was not only on ETH but also on the board but each time you tackled me.

That time we didn’t hear “the board is slow”, “the board also is at fault”. What you said was that previous seasons was the board’s fault but this season was on ETH. Why are you now backsliding?

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2022
Leyqute:

Before EtH came, the board was slow with transfers. After he came, the board is still slow wirh transfers.

Is it the new comer that made a department that is already slow, inefficient and incompetent, slow, inefficient and incompetent?

This question is the highest level question on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:
No one is having that argument with you, it is generally accepted that the board is inept however, EtH too has his own fault especially his insistence on FDJ.

A friend of mine was mad at EtH for retaining Maguire as captain, from that day, he was certain EtH is clueless but I argued otherwise...Time will tell though.

You are now walking back your words like I knew you would.

I kept saying that the board had a large share in the problems you guys kept saying no it was all on ETH’s head for this season.

Now I am reading from the same people that the board is slow and incompetent. You didn’t know it was slow and incompetent when you said all the transfer problems were on the manager?

Are you kidney me?

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
Update iya yin !!!!!! cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
afrodoc2:

You are now walking back your words like I knew you would.

I kept saying that the board had a large share in the problems you guys kept saying no it was all on ETH’s head for this season.

Now I am reading from the same people that the board is slow and incompetent. You didn’t know it was slow and incompetent when you said all the transfer problems were on the manager?

Are you kidney me?
Quote where I said it was all EtH's fault...

Is it the board that is insisting on FDJ?

The other targets he requested for, he has gotten...The players who we didn't get are those who choose not to come (Timber) or those whose price tag is way off the mark (Antony)...

You want the board to go ahead and pay Rabiot close to £200k weekly so you will be back here to accuse them of being incompetent, right?

If EtH wasn't so insistent on certain players, wouldn't we have moved on to sign others before now? Or should we cave in to the demands of Ajax for Antony or Rabiot or should we go ahead and kidnap FDJ?

I know in no time, someone will say I am against EtH when in all honesty I'm only saying things based on what we know about our transfer dealings thus far...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
afrodoc2:

It is now you know that the board too has fault. I can drop receipts of all the times I said the blame was not only on ETH but also on the board but each time you tackled me.

That time we didn’t hear “the board is slow”, “the board also is at fault”. What you said was that previous seasons was the board’s fault but this season was on ETH. Why are you now backsliding?
Let me ask you, should the board go ahead and sign players that the coach hasn't requested for?

Point to the players EtH requested for and the board overruled him bar Ziyech...I hope you will be objective when talking about the likes of Antony, FDJ, Rabiot etc. Whilst the board have been slow before, in this window you can't accuse them of being slow because it is still here we will see people tackling the board for paying astronomical fees if they go ahead and pay the money for the likes of Antony, Rabiot and co...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:

The other targets he requested for, he has gotten...The players who we didn't get are those who choose not to come (Timber) or those whose price tag is way off the mark (Antony)...

You want the board to ahead and pay Rabiot close to £200k weekly so you will be back here to accuse them of being incompetent, right?

If EtH wasn't so insistent on certain players, wouldn't we have moved on to sign others before now? Or should we cave in to the demands of Ajax for Antony or Rabiot or should we go ahead and kidnap FDJ?

I know in no time, someone will say I am against EtH when in all honesty I'm only saying things based on what we know about our transfer dealings thus far...

Who said this? cheesy

patrickmuf:
There's a reason ETH was firm about his terms of the contract for which Manchester United board reluctantly gave in. At this point, if he fails, it's solely on him...

For once, the board has brought in a manager who insisted that things must be done his way...Some folks here are still trying to rope the board in just so they can blame them when things go south.

ETH never sounded like one that appreciates the role RR was designated to take up. The pressers are there for anyone to make reference to so, I don't get why the board is still being roped into all of these...

Today is not Monday but if you do too much i will do it like Monday for you. grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2022
You said it was solely ETH's fault despite knowing that the board was slow and incompetent but now wey everybody don chop breakfast you want to reverse like Oyenusi. Laye squared! grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
LostMyZeal:

Who tf you think you foo_ling with these lies, huh?

You & I both know that wasn't what you meant, but you had to twist it of course because honesty na rocket science to you.

You're the Lai Mohammed of this thread walahi. Nothing anyone can tell me cheesy cheesy

You have taken over from Sylvalord a.k.a dumblord

Your will and commitment to outdo a legendary dum_ass like Sylvalord is inspiring tho wink

Talk about looking on the bright side, eh grin

Lmao
In that paragraph, there are three statements made, separated by a full stop. It's clear as day. Don't know why I need to explain it to you like a kid.

And what's with the obsession fr? At the end of every convo I have with anyone on this thread, you come for a recap of the whole argument. Dey always quote the person I'm arguing with. 'You finish am wella', 'You expose am', 'You catch am'. grin

Shiit is hilarious but childish.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2022
afrodoc2:

Who said this? cheesy

[b]

Today is not Monday but if you do too much i will do it like Monday for you. grin
So, the board should be blamed if we don't sign a midfielder and not EtH who has spent on summer going on a wild goose chase?

What exactly are you blaming the board for?

Is it for not paying Rabiot close to 200k weekly?

Is it for not signing FDJ? We already have an agreement in place but for reasons best known to FDJ everything is pending.

Is it for not paying mega bucks for Antony?

What exactly? Are they supposed to just go about signing any player?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2022
afrodoc2:

You said it was solely ETH's fault despite knowing that the board was slow and incompetent but now wey everybody don chop breakfast you want to reverse like Oyenusi. Laye squared! grin
Anyone without agenda will know I'm on about our dealings in the current transfer market. It is you who is roping the board in for their past sins...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:
So, the board should be blamed if we don't sign a midfielder and not EtH who has spent on summer going on a wild goose chase?

What exactly are you blaming the board for?

Is it for not paying Rabiot close to 200k weekly?

Is it for not signing FDJ? We already have an agreement in place but for reasons best known to FDJ everything is pending.

Is it for not paying mega bucks for Antony?

What exactly? Are they supposed to just go about signing any player?

Before we go into all that will you first apologize to the congregation for misleading them and claiming you never said it was all on ETH?

Let's first clarify that confusion then we can go into details.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
Casemiro is the next cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
afrodoc2:

Before we go into all that will you first apologize to the congregation for misleading them and claiming you never said it was all on ETH?

Let's first clarify that confusion then we can go into details.
Confusion? Lol...

I maintain that EtH will be held responsible if the transfer window closes today...

You in turn, tell us what the board should have done differently regarding the players EtH wanted at the club...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:
Anyone without agenda will know I'm on about our dealings in the current transfer market. It is you who is roping the board in for their past sins...

2 months ago you said everything was on ETH's head meaning the board was blameless.

Yesterday you said of course the board is slow and incompetent so they have a share of the blame.

Today you stated that you never said it was all on ETH's head.

Haba! Even the thunder that was sent to you don confuse. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2022
afrodoc2:

2 months ago you said everything was on ETH's head meaning the board was blameless.

Yesterday you said of course the board is slow and incompetent so they have a share of the blame.

Today you stated that you never said it was all on ETH's head.

Haba! Even the thunder that was sent to you don confuse. cheesy
I blame the board for not hiring a proper DoF which I have said here before but as far as this window goes, EtH takes the blame. Rangnick who had ran a proper diagnosis a couple of months prior to EtH's engagement said we needed to sign 10 players but EtH didn't want no consultant supporting him thus Rangnick left the club and what next? We spent the summer chasing FDJ and now, everyone wants to take advantage of our desperation. Why didn't EtH opt for other options? Why was he insistent on FDJ as if he is the only good CM in the world?

At this point, I won't go any further...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:
Confusion? Lol...

I maintain that EtH will be held responsible if the transfer window closes today...

You in turn, tell us what the board should have done differently regarding the players EtH wanted at the club...

My grouse with you is not what the board should or shouldn't do.

Our argument from the beginning about 2 months ago was about you saying all the blame was on ETH and i said it was not only on his head. You insisted it was all his fault.

Imagine my surprise to read you today saying that the board was also at fault for being slow and incompetent.

Imagine my astonishment to read you denying ever blaming everything on ETH.

Imagine my incredulity to read you now changing the debate to what the board should or should not do. Our argument was about you placing all the blame on ETH and moonwalking back your claims like Michael Jackson when everything don scatter.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:
I blame the board for not hiring a proper DoF which I have said here before but as far as this window goes, EtH takes the blame. Rangnick who had ran a proper diagnosis a couple of months prior to EtH's engagement said we needed to sign 10 players but EtH didn't want no consultant supporting him thus Rangnick left the club and what next? We spent the summer chasing FDJ and now, everyone wants to take advantage of our desperation. Why didn't EtH opt for other options? Why was he insistent on FDJ as if he is the only good CM in the world?

At this point, I won't go any further...

So you won't apologize to the audience for denying blaming everything on ETH's head and double daring me to show where you did?

I showed you and you didn't address that. You just creep walked past it like Snoop Dogg. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
So na like this patrick go waka without punishment?
This life is not fair sha. cry

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
ovoP:
the argument was on Thursday.. we lost game previous seasons, before he came, but our dressing room was never this toxic..

I like ronaldo, but he's not worth the stress anymore, we have plenty problems, and a united dressing room, will be 1 less problem..

ETH wants him gone self.. he wants to leave.. Joel glazer doesn't want him to leave. If any club makes an offer, we sell..

The problem is with Ronaldo, the moment the team is losing, it only gets worse, because of is attitude.. when a team loses, acknowledge your mistakes, regroup and go win d next game.. ororo will make others feel not good enough..

So, when we lose games, the players should be smiling and laughing all day in training because we will definitely bounce back? I now see the reason why Rashford and co were always quick to come online and tell us stupid stories instead of burying their heads in shame after every shitty game.

Tell me how it was when Fergie and Mou were around!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
ovoP:
37 year old that wants to leave and most of the players don't like.. Will you rather keep 37 year old ronaldo and unsettle d whole team? Leave sentiments, I'm a ororo fan, but he's not that guy anymore.. when a team loses, what they need to do is regroup and get ready for the next game, not 1 37 year old questioning their mentality and sulking, like he's playing any better..

So Ronaldo is disliked and Dumbos like Fred, Maguire, Martial, are highly revered? cheesy

What a yarn.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2022
The board fault is not hiring a competent DOF. Caoches come and go, but a competent DOF will make sure things stay on track. This is not negotiable for a club like Manchester United that is dire need of a rebuild and wants to build a dynasty

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
lol Patrick wanted to fight me the other day when I reminded him of his yarns just some weeks ago. Oh well cry

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2022
eph12:
The board fault is not hiring a competent DOF. Caoches come and go, but a competent DOF will make sure things stay on track. This is not negotiable for a club like Manchester United that is dire need of a rebuild and wants to build a dynasty

Who is a ‘competent DOF’? Also, tell me what competent DOFs do including when a manager asks for a specific player or players?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
patrickmuf:

You want the board to ahead and pay Rabiot close to £200k weekly so you will be back here to accuse them of being incompetent, right?

Transfer window opened like 2 months ago, when did we start discussions for Antony?

We needed two midfielders, why did we just start the Rabiot talks last week?

ETH doesn't want Bissaka, and Liard has gone on loan. Two weeks to the end of the window and we have only one RB. When will we start discussions for a RB. They'll wait till the last minute so they'll give that excuse of high price tag.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2022
ChristoBam:

In that paragraph, there are three statements made, separated by a full stop. It's clear as day. Don't know why I need to explain it to you like a kid.

And what's with the obsession fr? At the end of every convo I have with anyone on this thread, you come for a recap of the whole argument. Dey always quote the person I'm arguing with. 'You finish am wella', 'You expose am', 'You catch am'. grin

Shiit is hilarious but childish.

LoL...the bold is just you mirroring your insecurities because I've never said them grin

Thing is, you no dey honest and ain't nobody having that shii here. Me I'll call you out, so relax

Lai Mohammed
Minister of dumb and shitty takes undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
nitrogen:

So, when we lose games, the players should be smiling and laughing all day in training because we will definitely bounce back? I now see the reason why Rashford and co were always quick to come online and tell us stupid stories instead of burying their heads in shame after every shitty game.

Tell me how it was when Fergie and Mou were around!
You get back from a defeat, by winning your next match... you don't sulk and moan and start pointing fingers to your teammates.. that's d coaches job.. The players don't want to lose games, but you can't win all games, when dey lose, the coach will lift their spirits and they'll try to win the next game. The biggest issue in our squad now, is lack of confidence.. the players are starting to doubt their ability.. We don't have d worse squad in the league, but we're currently looking like a relegation team.. A happy dressing room is huge for success.. arteta hot rid of toxicity in his dressing room, and now has a team of players, that want to do all it takes to win..

If it were another player doing what ronaldo was doing, we'll call for his head.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
https://twitter.com/UtdArena/status/1559522424454107142?t=8Yqw0SUifRUN4D1F1ZMztA&s=19

Perez is so so good mehn. This is how to run a club. Clear recruitment strategy, just buying whatever the manager want isn't a recruitment strategy, it's a recipe for fragmentation.

I believe it's been to buy quality players that fit an ideology, then get a manager that'll get the best out of them. Na why this Perez guy dey fire managers fast, if you're not up to it you're gone quickly, before you ruin the players.

When a player doesn't work they're also quickly moved on. I remember Real Madrid got a €70m striker few years ago who didn't work out, he got loaned out, I believe he would have been sold if that club could afford him.
Here we hold unto players and managers too long.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
Joezinho:

So Ronaldo is disliked and Dumbos like Fred, Maguire, Martial, are highly revered? cheesy

What a yarn.
Ronaldo has an attitude problem .. it was when he came, we started having cliques in the dressing room.. Ronaldo is not our only problem, but he's a big part if not the reason for our dressing room issues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2022
afrodoc2:

Can't you just overlook somethings eh Doc

cry cry cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2022
ChristoBam:

Transfer window opened like 2 months ago, when did we start discussions for Antony?

We needed two midfielders, why did we just start the Rabiot talks last week?

ETH doesn't want Bissaka, and Liard has gone on loan. Two weeks to the end of the window and we have only one RB. When will we start discussions for a RB. They'll wait till the last minute so they'll give that excuse of high price tag.
Is there any rumor that suggested we had other options in midfield?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12157) (12158) (12159) (12160) (12161) (12162) (12163) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.