Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8768790 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12282) (12283) (12284) (12285) (12286) (12287) (12288) ... (14170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
hatakekakashi:
For those that said Malacia and Wan-bissaka have nothing in common, hope you're seeing some similarities, like the way he defends.

Yeah, they are similar.

Very good in defending especially 1 v 1 but below average in attack.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nathz101(m): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
FirstbornWds:

Na lie ooo. Make una use una strongest lineup. We expect an interesting match.
Omo, we somehow get injuries oo.
I wan listen to Arteta's press conference today to see who go dey available or not embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlackAIIDay: 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

If he's not injuring our players, he will be keeping attackers onside.

Waste of 80m.

God is punishing Lichester for the nonsense they sold to us at 80m. It won't be well with whoever bought this guy for us, and it won't be well for who made him captain of my team after just 2 years in the club angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Stivoh(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
BlackAIIDay:

God is punishing Lichester for the nonsense they sold to us at 80m. It won't be well with whoever bought this guy for us, and it won't be well for who made him captain of my team after just 2 years in the club angry

2 years or 6months grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlackAIIDay: 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
Stivoh:

2 years or 6months grin

It won't be well with OLE I swear to God, all his male children will bring nothing but pains to him just like how he brought pains upon all Manchester United fans with signing Magwaya grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
BlackAIIDay:

It won't be well with OLE I swear to God, all his male children will bring nothing but pains to him just like how he brought pains upon all Manchester United fans with signing Magwaya grin
Chai.... Haba na!!!

This wan too much
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
This picture is hazardous to public safety

17 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hatakekakashi: 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2022
BlackAIIDay:

For your mind now, you're catching cruise. SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
The biggest mistake ETH can make against Arsenal is for him to start Eriksen. The guy needs a good rest.

14 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ayojay2(m): 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2022
Malacia better in attack
Expert17:

Yeah, they are similar.

Very good in defending especially 1 v 1 but below average in attack.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
afrodoc:
The biggest mistake ETH can make against Arsenal is for him to start Eriksen. The guy needs a good rest.

I actually thought the Leicester match was a good chance to rotate Eriksen with Fred or Donny and Varane probably with Maguire. But ETH chose not to. Varane can't be far from a muscle injury.Maguire own don finish for sure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
afrodoc:
Casemiro x Fred combo with Bruno just ahead should work against Arsenal but I suspect McTom will start...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
neztar:

passing from the back

FirstbornWds:

Playing from the back!
Crumbles under pressure

He doesn’t have a weakness passing from the back. I can actually say he’s pretty good in that aspect as every goalkeeper has been trapped into a mistake passing from the back.

Ederson who’s made himself a king in passing from the back has been caught out many times. I remember him giving the ball directly to McSauce that led to a goal at Old Trafford.

Alisson isn’t as good as Ederson with his foot but that doesn’t mean Alisson is weak in that aspect. He’s well above average. Alisson is a better shot stopper, the better one-v-one goalie and Alisson commands his box better than Ederson.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

He doesn’t have a weakness passing from the back. I can actually say he’s pretty good in that aspect as every goalkeeper has been trapped into a mistake passing from the back.

Ederson who’s made himself a king in passing from the back has been caught out many times. I remember him giving the ball directly to McSauce that led to a goal at Old Trafford.

Alisson isn’t as good as Ederson with his foot but that doesn’t mean Alisson is weak in that aspect. He’s well above average. Alisson is a better shot stopper, the better one-v-one goalie and Alisson commands his box better than Ederson.

grin grin

A very sweet goal and victory it was. tongue

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
patrickmuf:
Casemiro x Fred combo with Bruno just ahead should work against Arsenal but I suspect McTom will start...

McTominay played well against Leicester and he appears to be ahead of Fred in the pecking order.

I wouldn’t mind Casemiro/McTom/Bruno OR Casemiro/Fred/Bruno.

We won’t dominate possession so we need people who have the energy levels to compete in midfield. That is not Eriksen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2022
Every day when I think about it I like ETH decisions on team more and more; even when it goes against him he sticks with it to make a point. Ronaldo didn't go to preseason early enough so ETH now insists he must play in small batches to regain fitness no matter he's a five-time Balon D'Or winner. With this precedent, no other member of the team can even dream of holding ETH hostage because of talent ... I love this. How he quickly benched Maguire and Shaw is another example, passes a message that your status in the team doesn't really matter to him ... he has benched the captain for three straight matches grin grin

Now we got a new goalkeeper ... if De Gea do anyhow e fit chop bench straight now, fit even chop bench now based on the anyhows e don do before grin grin

This will make it very clear to the players about who is in-charge, and will make anybody think twice before displeasing him.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neztar: 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

true. Playing from the back is not sth you perfect overnight. You are bound to make mistake at any point in time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
afrodoc2:

McTominay played well against Leicester and he appears to be ahead of Fred in the pecking order.

I wouldn’t mind Casemiro/McTom/Bruno OR Casemiro/Fred/Bruno.

We won’t dominate possession so we need people who have the energy levels to compete in midfield. That is not Eriksen.
I think Casemiro/Fred combo can actually dominate the midfield if Fred doesn't have a brain fart. Do you all remember that half of a season Fred was a beast in central-midfield ... he was so so comfortable on the ball I thought he would win our player of the season, only for things to go south cos of reasons I never still sabi.

If he can get back to that form we fit dominate possession.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ayojay2(m): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2022
Casemiro x Tominay won't be bad with Bruno ahead
patrickmuf:
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
Stivoh:

2 years or 6months grin
Bruno will be captain if Maguire leaves, he started getting the armband as assistant few months after joining. Captain material is based on personality chief, how long u don stay for the team is equally important (cos it influences your status in the team too) but personality always comes first.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
Ayojay2:
Casemiro x Tominay won't be bad with Bruno ahead
That is a recipe for surrendering possession. Casemiro is going to be the deeper one which means McTom will play B2B, positioning isn't his strong suite. ETH seems to have taken a liking to him though since his second-half performance against Brentford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neztar: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2022
patrickmuf:
must bruno start every match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neztar: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
Lana1:
This picture is hazardous to public safety
they will be used to prosecute FA cup games
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
neztar:
must bruno start every match?
We are talking about Arsenal here not Nottingham Forest or Bournemouth...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ayojay2(m): 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
He's been so disappointing and playing below average
patrickmuf:
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
engrelvis:
I just love d hi-5 n backslapping among our defenders whenever one make a crunch challenge.lt shows unity .Dalot is so pump up now.God will continue to punish Mcquire.80m trash.

Bookmarked as a banter material grin..nitori scrappy wins,omo cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neztar: 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
patrickmuf:
mtcheww so you take arsenal serious. Early season gragra. They will soon return to where they belong. Enyimba will beat bournemouth, fulham, leicester, palace in their current form
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
neztar:
mtcheww so you take arsenal serious. Early season gragra. They will soon return to where they belong. Enyimba will beat bournemouth, fulham, leicester, palace in their current form

There's something different about this Arsenal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neztar: 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

There's something different about this Arsenal.
have seen all their games. They struggle when the opponent is compact in the middle and there is no breathing space for them to operate. Off the ball, they are vulnerable (watch them vs palace). They are not a physical side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
neztar:
have seen all their games. They struggle when the opponent is compact in the middle and there is no breathing space for them to operate. Off the ball, they are vulnerable (watch them vs palace). They are not a physical side.

I like this morale. I hope you are right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12282) (12283) (12284) (12285) (12286) (12287) (12288) ... (14170) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.