Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8834696 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12285) (12286) (12287) (12288) (12289) (12290) (12291) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
The errors being referred to are with his legs. He has almost zero if any.

He’s made mistakes with his legs, failing to control a simple back pass and then having to make a last ditch effort to prevent an own goal.

There’s no keeper in the world immune to making mistakes when passing from the back. Strikers are so smart that they would lure you into a trap and the best GKs in the world become victims.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 7:54pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

He has 6 errors leading to a goal and he’s conceded 3 penalties in his PL career. Pep’s style of play protects Ederson. They hug possession 70-80% of the time. It’s difficult to expose Ederson to mistakes.

Errors from playing out from the back? I watched him at Benfica, he's a fantastic goalie nothing like Pep's style protect him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 7:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
neztar:
go and watch Liverpool Mancity 4-3 thriller three seasons ago
I am a city fan. I know the game you are referring to. Salah goal from half way out? Praise Salah for the goal. The ball was at the half way line.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:55pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Errors from playing out from the back? I watched him at Benfica, he's a fantastic goalie nothing like Pep's style protect him.

McTominay’s goal wasn’t an error? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

He’s made mistakes with his legs, failing to control a simple back pass and then having to make a last ditch effort to prevent an own goal.

There’s no keeper in the world immune to making mistakes when passing from the back. Strikers are so smart that they would lure you into a trap and the best GKs in the world become victims.
Did it lead to a goal? Everyone miscalculates on passes. Even Zidane has lost the ball when receiving a pass.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

Come on. Ederson used his hands to throw the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

Arsenal’s fixtures were very favorable and Arteta knew his squad well enough before the season kicked off.

If ETH had left Maguire and Shaw on the bench in the first two games, United could have had 100% perfect start too.

Arsenal played against bottom 10 teams of last season and 2 newly promoted(Fulham and Bournemouth). The best team they have played in that 5 game run is Leicester at the Emirates which United put away in a 2nd gear last night away from home.

I want to see Arsenal against a top 6 side before I am convinced they have turned a corner. Unless ETH gets his line up wrong, United should beat Arsenal convincingly on Sunday.

This overhyped Arsenal team will not beat Klopp’s Liverpool that ETH put away.
That's a very good point. So let them start with Man United? kiss

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
Did it lead to a goal? Everyone miscalculates on passes. Even Zidane has lost the ball when receiving a pass.

But Ederson had no control at that point and it was a mistake that could have easily led to a goal.

This is an example.

https://youtube.com/shorts/qBT_AOFidKE?feature=share
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:58pm On Sep 02, 2022
Oasis007:

grin

Morale don high again!

Lol.. abi na grin

Hope say this game too early for Antony sha grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
Come on. Ederson used his hands to throw the ball.

He said passing from the back. He didn’t specify what body part was used to pass the ball. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

Not with his legs.

5 years in EPL, and we are struggling to get 3 errors from his ball-playing technique. grin :

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

But Ederson had no control at that point and it was a mistake that could have easily led to a goal.

This is an example.

https://youtube.com/shorts/qBT_AOFidKE?feature=share
Did it lead to a goal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
Did it lead to a goal?

So it’s not a mistake because it didn’t lead to a goal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

He said passing from the back. He didn’t specify what body part was used to pass the ball. cheesy
Come on. We are talking about his legs here. If this were about keeping with your hands, Alisson, De Gea, Courtois, Neuer, Oblak are better than him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Not with his legs.

5 years in EPL, and we are struggling to get 3 errors from his ball-playing technique. grin :

There are plenty of errors. I don’t watch City that much.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

So it’s not a mistake because it didn’t lead to a goal?
It is inconsequential if it did not lead to a goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:03pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
Neuer is the better keeper no arguments but when it comes to using their legs to kick the ball Neuer, Neuer is not at Ederson's level.

Yeah, and is the only player in Man City that can't be benched

He's more important than KDB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2022
kokaneprodigy:

What do you mean by unless he gets his lineup wrong? You’ve planted an escape route already, in case you get the L.
Lol, you sef see am na.

If he uses same starting lineup he used against Liverpool and we win, the next thing you'll hear is it's because of Mctominay that started or it's because of Elanga that started grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Jodera:

Lol.. abi na grin

Hope say this game too early for Antony sha grin

grin

Kinda early but I still want him play and cook.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
It is inconsequential if it did not lead to a goal.

Inconsequential mistake.

If any outfield player made that mistake leading to a shot on target, you would curse him out.

But the majestic Ederson has no blame if he misplaces a kick that barely missed the target.

Everybody makes mistakes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
FirstbornWds:

I know Ederson has a world record. But the distribution of Neuer and that too, in a time when forwards were brutal and bullies, is one heck of thing to be jealous about.
Valdez excelled with short passes. He knows where the ball should be. Neuer is decent both short and long. Ederson is excellent in both. He not only has range but he knows where the ball should be. He can hit it at the right speed and angle. Neuer is a freak of nature. The best keeper in the last 15 years in terms of checking all the boxes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

If Ederson plays for Man Utd, he would be winning golden gloves too behind Maguire and Shaw?

I posted a stat that he faced only 88 shots in the league last season and you are telling Pep’s style doesn’t protect him.

Why is he facing less shots than his colleagues? Opposition strikers love him or Ederson uses charms on them not to take shots?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

Inconsequential mistake.

If any outfield player made that mistake leading to a shot on target, you would curse him out.

But the majestic Ederson has no blame if he misplaces a kick that barely missed the target.

Everybody makes mistakes.
I am not saying he gets no blame. I am saying it is not that big a deal if it did not lead to a goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
FirstbornWds:

I know Ederson has a world record. But the distribution of Neuer and that too, in a time when forwards were brutal and bullies, is one heck of thing to be jealous about.

Pep worked with Neuer @Bayern and Valdes @Barcelona. When he was asked to pick the best, he mentioned Ederson.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

Pep worked with Neuer @Bayern and Valdes @Barcelona. When he was asked to pick the best, he mentioned Ederson.

I was going to mention that but I did not want people to say "what did you expect him to say?"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
Oasis007:

grin

Kinda early but I still want him play and cook.
E still too early to cook. Next week dey, make Antony rest jarey

We need Elanga tongue

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
I am not saying he gets no blame. I am saying it is not that big a deal if it did not lead to a goal.

The crux of this discourse is that he makes no mistakes with his legs. He does but he’s not been punished for it.

These are two different matters. Has Ederson made mistakes or miskick a ball? Yes. Has he been punished for the mistake? No

Lack of punishment does not mean he hasn’t made a mistake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
#TrashfordOUT
#TrashlangaOUT
#TenHagOUT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
Android22:
I was going to mention that but I did not want people to say "what did you expect him to say?"

Pep is not double-tongued, he will always pick Messi as his best talent/player, and Busquets as the best DM.... nothing will change this fact
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FirstbornWds: 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

That's true sha. As least, Pep would know better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
Expert17:

That’s Pep’s opinion and what works for his style of play.

Ederson won’t be in my top 10 of the best goalkeepers in Europe. We are discussing his legs instead of his hands. Why is he even in a conversation of the best goalies?

Dean Henderson is a better shot stopper than Ederson.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android22: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
Illimitable:

The crux of this discourse is that he makes no mistakes with his legs. He does but he’s not been punished for it.

These are two different matters. Has Ederson made mistakes or miskick a ball? Yes. Has he been punished for the mistake? No

Lack of punishment does not mean he hasn’t made a mistake.
You're changing the argument. Everybody makes mistakes. You cannot point to 2 let alone 1 with Ederson's legs that led to a goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12285) (12286) (12287) (12288) (12289) (12290) (12291) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.