Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,744 members, 7,840,891 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8808786 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) ... (14197) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 3:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Nihilist:

Why don't you direct your comments to Louis Van Gaal? undecided

No, i'd rather admire the EPL Table than be on the lookout for "lucky" teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2014
SetrakusRa:

AT this moment, we'll take all the "gambles" needed to get a perfect squad. So, Henriquez return is welcomed.

HABA.

Not all gambles are welcomed. That's why peeps keep losing bets and nairabet gets richer and richer.

Man Ut'd problem is not with scoring goals, the problem defending the goal. A gamble to be taken should be in relation with defending the goal.

NA WA FOR YOU O
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
Leyqute:

HABA.

Not all gambles are welcomed. That's why peeps keep losing bets and nairabet gets richer and richer.

Man Ut'd problem is not with scoring goals, the problem defending the goal. A gamble to be taken should be in relation with defending the goal.

NA WA FOR YOU O

Lol.. I don't want him to do a "pogba" on us. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by homesteady(m): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2014

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2014
Money good

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 8:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
leggo:
Money good

I swear! God punish poverty. Chai
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2014
Rafael n Jones back

Sporting Lisbon loanee Nani named
best player in Portugal for October/
November
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2014
Shaw, Smalling, di Maria & Blind sidelined. hope nobody adds to the list during the weekend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
3point is all i want 2mao...

GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2014
Louis Van Gaal has warned Brendan Rodgers he now has the measure of the Premier League.
Reds boss Rodgers claimed before the season started that his managerial rival at Old Trafford might struggle to adapt to the competitive nature and strength in depth of the English top flight.
But when the pair meet tomorrow, with Manchester United third in the table and Liverpool ninth, Van Gaal would appear to be having the last laugh.
I think the Premier League isn’t so easy but I knew that in advance, I also now have the experience because every game we have to play against clubs at the bottom, they are very difficult to beat.
“We’ve managed to win our last five matches despite our list of injuries and I’m pleased by that.
“I think what he said at that moment was the truth and I have experienced that, that way also. The big difference between the Premier League and where I have worked before is the high rhythm of the game.
“I think here also every club has a player who can decide the match and that’s not so much the case in Germany, Spain or the Netherlands.”

[Source: Mirror]

The reason it remains the most difficult and competitive league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:50pm On Dec 13, 2014

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
I hope Herrera starts 2mao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2014
On the eve of the most famous fixture in the English football calendar, Rene Meulensteen is worrying about the “identity crisis” of his old club Manchester United, who host Liverpool on Sunday.
“I find it a big surprise that Van Gaal has not managed yet to make the team play better,’ we are nearly at Christmas now and look at the performances. I still don’t see a flow, a rhythm. They win five on the spin but they were absolutely pummelled at Arsenal and should have lost against Southampton.
“He will blow up at some point. That’s part of his make-up. Remember these words. If I’m speaking to you, I’m exchanging information over what I feel passionate about but I don’t lecture you. I’m not preaching to you. If you go and sit with Van Gaal, you’ll come out thinking ‘I’m 12 years old’. He will speak to you as if you have no clue. He will look at you and be thinking ‘what are you asking me?
"I’m Louis van Gaal’. He’s not my cup of tea. It’s one of the reasons I quite like Ronald (Koeman) as a person - he doesn’t preach or lecture people like the other guy does.
“I said to Ryan Giggs ‘I’m so glad you’re staying at the club in this role because you’re the one holding on to this life-line to the Ferguson era but I’m telling you it’s going to be the most difficult three years ahead of you.’ The lifeline is the connection to Ferguson, and what Ryan grew up with, the DNA that Ferguson put in the club. If Giggs leaves the club, that’s it, done, gone, forget it, he’s the last one holding on to it. It would be a very sad moment.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
elampiro:
On the eve of the most famous fixture in the English football calendar, Rene Meulensteen is worrying about the “identity crisis” of his old club Manchester United, who host Liverpool on Sunday.
“I find it a big surprise that Van Gaal has not managed yet to make the team play better,’ we are nearly at Christmas now and look at the performances. I still don’t see a flow, a rhythm. They win five on the spin but they were absolutely pummelled at Arsenal and should have lost against Southampton.
“He will blow up at some point. That’s part of his make-up. Remember these words. If I’m speaking to you, I’m exchanging information over what I feel passionate about but I don’t lecture you. I’m not preaching to you. If you go and sit with Van Gaal, you’ll come out thinking ‘I’m 12 years old’. He will speak to you as if you have no clue. He will look at you and be thinking ‘what are you asking me?
"I’m Louis van Gaal’. He’s not my cup of tea. It’s one of the reasons I quite like Ronald (Koeman) as a person - he doesn’t preach or lecture people like the other guy does.
“I said to Ryan Giggs ‘I’m so glad you’re staying at the club in this role because you’re the one holding on to this life-line to the Ferguson era but I’m telling you it’s going to be the most difficult three years ahead of you.’ The lifeline is the connection to Ferguson, and what Ryan grew up with, the DNA that Ferguson put in the club. If Giggs leaves the club, that’s it, done, gone, forget it, he’s the last one holding on to it. It would be a very sad moment.”

hes really stubborn and arrogant in an annoying way. Keeps playing the 3-5-2, over working players on the training ground n on d field, forcing the young guys into the team too early and making us take 2steps forward, 1 step backwards with our play
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
joeace2020:

hes really stubborn and arrogant in an annoying way. Keeps playing the 3-5-2, over working players on the training ground n on d field, forcing the young guys into the team too early and making us take 2steps forward, 1 step backwards with our play

May be I like this aspect. Our players should be very athletic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
I no wan see any 3-5-2 sha, finish.
my preferred;

- - - - - - - - - de Gea - - - - - - - -

Rafael - - Carrick - Rojo - - Young

- - - - - - - - - Herrera - - - - - - - -

- - - Valencia - - - - - Fellaini - - -

- - - - - - - - - Rooney - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - van Persie - Falcao - - - - -

alteration: McNair can replace Carrick while Valencia makes way. Wilson/Januzaj can replace Falcao if he's really not 100% too, cuz we will be helped with much needed pace & trickery in attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
elampiro:

“He will blow up at some point. That’s part of his make-up. Remember these words. If I’m speaking to you, I’m exchanging information over what I feel passionate about but I don’t lecture you. I’m not preaching to you. [size=18pt]If you go and sit with Van Gaal, you’ll come out thinking ‘I’m 12 years old’. He will speak to you as if you have no clue. He will look at you and be thinking ‘what are you asking me?[/size]

You mean this managerial failure has the gall to slag off LVG?

Maybe if Renee had actually listened to LVG, 2 different clubs would not have sacked him in less than 3 months after hiring. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:27am On Dec 14, 2014
Nihilist:

Maybe if Renee had actually listened to LVG, 2 different clubs would not have sacked him in less than 3 months after hiring. grin grin

I tire oo.

LVG is winning, even if it is ugly and this MALUsteen is yapping nonsense. Is he trying to upset the psychy of the team before a very important match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 7:48am On Dec 14, 2014
elampiro:

May be I like this aspect. Our players should be very athletic.

Almost 50 injuries.. so much for athleticism
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:14am On Dec 14, 2014
Nihilist:

I think Renee can move on from SAF's philosophy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:28am On Dec 14, 2014
joeace2020:

Almost 50 injuries.. so much for athleticism

As for me, it only meant that our players were not really physically fit. That was why Bilbao could come to Old Trafford to run us around. They were quicker and faster. In recent years, our players struggled to keep pace with fast playing sides like Tottenham, Everton and Newcastle.

Whether Gaal is doing it too much, I can't tell sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2014
This place is kinda dry this past few days, what's happening?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:34am On Dec 14, 2014
Chelsea make €38m Strootman bid
Chelsea have made a €38m bid for Kevin Strootman. The midfielder has been targeted by Manchester United who could match or even attempt to improve on the Blues' offer.
-goal.com

Van Gaal keen to loan Januzaj out in January
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal wants to send Adnan Januzaj out on loan in the January transfer window to game more playing time. Real Sociedad, Inter and Napoli are all interested in the youngster. -goal.com

United want Cuadrado in January
Italian reports suggest Manchester United have again upped their interest in Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado. It is said that Louis van Gaal wants to sign the Fiorentina wide-man in the winter transfer window. goal.com
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:28am On Dec 14, 2014
What time are we playing??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:30am On Dec 14, 2014
Louis van Gaal believes that Robin van Persie has received a slice of luck at Manchester United this season due to
Radamel Falcao being injured.
Van Persie scored both Manchester United's goals in their 2-1 win over Southampton last Monday, recovering well from a
poor run of form which had seen his place in the side questioned.
And Van Gaal, who is a firm fan of his fellow Dutchman, admits that Van Persie was lucky Falcao could not press his own
case due to injury.
"I am very happy for him" , Van Gaal told his club's site, reflecting on Van Persie's upturn in form.
"He didn’t play very well [for a short spell], but you have to compare him with other players at that time" , the Manchester United
manager continued.
"He was lucky because Falcao was injured."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:31am On Dec 14, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:
What time are we playing??
2PM I think
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:36am On Dec 14, 2014
SailorXY:

2PM I think

2.30pm(naija time)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:44am On Dec 14, 2014
Marouane Fellaini is not a Manchester United player according to former first team coach, Rene Meulensteen.

The midfielder has shown his best form at Old Trafford in the past couple of months and seems to be winning of a majority of the support after a torrid first season under David Moyes.

Fellaini has also bagged his first two goals for the club during his spell in the team but Meulensteen says the 27-year-old doesn't fit the playing style demanded of a Manchester United player.

“Juan Mata’s a good player and so are Ander Herrera, Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Michael Carrick. It's about circulating the ball. That’s one of the reasons why I think Marouane Fellaini is not a United player. I don’t think he has that attribute in him, that constant circulating the ball."

[Source: thepeoplesperson.com]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:45am On Dec 14, 2014
coogar:

2.30pm(naija time)

Waz ur take on alleged Chelsea bid for strootman?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:58am On Dec 14, 2014
elampiro:

Waz ur take on alleged Chelsea bid for strootman?
to drive up cost
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
3point is all i want..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:10pm On Dec 14, 2014
Meulensteen: Van Gaal is not my cup of tea

(1) (2) (3) ... (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) ... (14197) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7, engrelvis(m), Ellexy, hatakekakashi, daharry(m), CentiLion(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.