Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8800331 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12899) (12900) (12901) (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cyberrex(m): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Baba mi. I no even understand o.

Shey na FA cup then won play or na against Barcelona? Or na EPL wey we dey fight for top four?

It's not even like it's 11 academy boys we want to give minutes. It's just two or three. The others that could have played are senior players.

There's no way on God's earth casemiro wouldn't have started that game, his direct replacement is mainoo(on him, the jury verdict is still ongoing, forest is still a premier league team that has nothing to lose, they could target him), no replacement for bruno and wan bissaka, maybe pellistri for antony, the rest are justifiable

Let me tell you something, with the form man utd are in, no matter the rotation we do, they would still look like a strong team, mind you he did 5 rotation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:06am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Baba mi. I no even understand o.

Shey na FA cup then won play or na against Barcelona? Or na EPL wey we dey fight for top four?

It's not even like it's 11 academy boys we want to give minutes. It's just two or three. The others that could have played are senior players.

We had 3 academy boys in the matchday squad. One of them started. That one no do you? Make we start Garnacho and Pellistri with Whogohost up front. Come partner Casemiro with Mainoo.

You want make everything collapse abi?

No be the same Mainoo dem dribble in the last FA Cup game wey Malacia had to commit a foul and get yellow? Pair him in midfield with anybody and you’ll overwork all the defenders.

Garnacho was subdued physically yesterday. That’s probably why his output was low. Put Pellistri on the other side- who is not up to Garnacho’s level- and you’ve shut down the whole attack.

It’s too early to give those academy boys starting positions- save Garnacho. And you have to ease them into it. Mainoo could’ve come on in the last 10 mins or so. But at the same time, you have to set the stage for the next few games. That’s why Sancho and Mattial and Rashford came on instead.

And Varane and Shaw need minutes since it’s been almost 10 days (or more) since they played a game.

Everything is not 1+1=2.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cyberrex(m): 9:07am On Feb 02, 2023
Mrviktor:
Somebody here really said Fred can replace erikson

Nawah oh..

Abeg make stabilizer cook oh. Cuz this Fred wey I watch yesterday no follow at all.
No creativity.
Just pass to me. I pass to u.

Fred cannot replace eriksen, it's impossible, yesterday we missed the forward pass and attacking output of eriksen, the first phase of the game had us moving the ball around in our back line, resulting in martinez forcing ball from the back into the attacking third, I hope stabiliser comes good or else, this season go long
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cyberrex(m): 9:11am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:
Eph12

We were 3-0 up from the first leg. But this is a different game. You cannot afford to start weak. Play 3 academy players who haven’t seen enough minutes and you’re asking for trouble. If we concede once or twice in the first half, we could lose the game- even if we bring on the big boys.

That was the mistake Pep did against Southampton. And he paid dearly for it - conceded twice in the first half.

We cannot afford to start weak. It’s better to start strong and then go weak afterwards with experiments.

Trust me, that Forrest team yesterday came for a win. Disrespecting them by starting too many non-starters would end in disaster.

All they need is a goal before 25 min, and mainoo as a dm, would start panicking, the way to build confidence for youngsters is to induce winning culture into them, and raise the standards of the team, or else dem go just dey feel like, they're meant to save us from some kind of unforseen disaster, they start misbehaving

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

I even thought you were talking about second stream players who haven’t played many minutes although academy players fit the description too.

Can you list the 4 available academy players?
Garnacho started. Mainoo and Pellistri were on the bench. Who else?
Pellistri isn't even academy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2023
Cyberrex:

There's no way on God's earth casemiro wouldn't have started that game, his direct replacement is mainoo(on him, the jury verdict is still ongoing, forest is still a premier league team that has nothing to lose, they could target him), no replacement for bruno and wan bissaka, maybe pellistri for antony, the rest are justifiable

Let me tell you something, with the form man utd are in, no matter the rotation we do, they would still look like a strong team, mind you he did 5 rotation
Mainoo is not Casemiro's direct replacement. He's a CM. Pellistri for Antony. Malacia for Shaw. Maguire and Lindelof for the guys that started yesterday.

One of the boys should be starting in our midfield three. It's not like these young boys are eleven.

Only Garnacho played yesterday in a game that is the surest of games to start.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dfrost: 9:17am On Feb 02, 2023
Ray07:
Mason greediness na him other name to pass ball for 18 yard. grin

I love that type of 'greediness' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2023
JayKayMaybachz:
Baba just rest nor tok too much jare. If we had started the acclaimed youths now and lost like City did. They all be chatting how ETH fvcked up. 🤦🏾‍♂️

That’s a very likely outcome had we started with too many non-starters.

No be against teams like Forrest you go dey start yoots for semi final.

They can wipe you 4-0 if you disrespect them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dfrost: 9:19am On Feb 02, 2023
Cyberrex:

All they need is a goal before 25 min, and mainoo as a dm, would start panicking, the way to build confidence for youngsters is to induce winning culture into them, and raise the standards of the team, or else dem go just dey feel like, they're meant to save us from some kind of unforseen disaster, they start misbehaving

You beautifully captured this. Very succinctly.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RightDecision15: 9:20am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Mainoo is not Casemiro's direct replacement. He's a CM. Pellistri for Antony. Malacia for Shaw. Maguire and Lindelof for the guys that started yesterday.

One of the boys should be starting in our midfield three. It's not like these young boys are eleven.

Thank God ETH is the coach not you… If you manage a football team, manage as you deem fit but ETH did just what’s right yesterday cheers 🥂

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RightDecision15: 9:22am On Feb 02, 2023
dfrost:

You beautifully captured this. Very succinctly.

Exactly, because we’re 3-0 up doesn’t mean we’re there yet, you can’t underestimate Forest. ETH did great with his selection and sub was spot on ✌️
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:25am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

We had 3 academy boys in the matchday squad. One of them started. That one no do you? Make we start Garnacho and Pellistri with Whogohost up front. Come partner Casemiro with Mainoo.

You want make everything collapse abi?

No be the same Mainoo dem dribble in the last FA Cup game wey Malacia had to commit a foul and get yellow? Pair him in midfield with anybody and you’ll overwork all the defenders.

Garnacho was subdued physically yesterday. That’s probably why his output was low. Put Pellistri on the other side- who is not up to Garnacho’s level- and you’ve shut down the whole attack.

It’s too early to give those academy boys starting positions- save Garnacho. And you have to ease them into it. Mainoo could’ve come on in the last 10 mins or so. But at the same time, you have to set the stage for the next few games. That’s why Sancho and Mattial and Rashford came on instead.

And Varane and Shaw need minutes since it’s been almost 10 days (or more) since they played a game.

Everything is not 1+1=2.

You guys make me laugh.

My own na say why use your strongest lineup in a game like this?

Maguire and Lindelof should see this game out in defense.

Pellistri and Mainoo did not even come on at all.

You say ease, like them dey even see shirt. The last game Pellistri played, she he play nonsense?

I'm just laughing cos our soon read your epistle on why these boys are not seeing enough time.

Nothing concern me sha. Na trophy I need. If e won sacrifice him players. Wetyn concern me? Na their work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:28am On Feb 02, 2023
RightDecision15:

Exactly, because we’re 3-0 up doesn’t mean we’re there yet, you can’t underestimate Forest. ETH did great with his selection and sub was spot on ✌️
Some of you are Fecking hilarious. 3:0 up against a nothing team like Nothingham forest at home and you still dey shake like this. Baba if the bald headed man cannot rotate with 3 zero up at home then he can never rotate again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:31am On Feb 02, 2023
RightDecision15:

Thank God ETH is the coach not you… If you manage a football team, manage as you deem fit but ETH did just what’s right yesterday cheers 🥂
Keep quiet cause coaches don't mistake. Let me catch you question any Eth decision here again and I will tell you to go manage your own team. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:32am On Feb 02, 2023
If you all observe, those that attack ETH constantly on this board no matter the decision he makes are monikers who stan Ronaldo. It cannot be a coincidence surely.

We see through them.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:33am On Feb 02, 2023
Glorifying Nottingham Forest that's 4 points away from relegation.

You guys never cease to amaze me.

I know how this board works. So I'll rest.
When you guys start lamenting the lack of time for younglings, I would have moved on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:33am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

You guys make me laugh.

My own na say why use your strongest lineup in a game like this?

Maguire and Lindelof should see this game out in defense.

Pellistri and Mainoo did not even come on at all.

You say ease, like them dey even see shirt. The last game Pellistri played, she he play nonsense?

I'm just laughing cos our soon read your epistle on why these boys are not seeing enough time.

Nothing concern me sha. Na trophy I need. If e won sacrifice him players. Wetyn concern me? Na their work.
Strongest lineup with Rashford, DeGea and Martial on the bench?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:34am On Feb 02, 2023
If Dalot didn't get injured thats is how Awb for they rot for bench without any proper Chance to show his ability because bald man is afraid to trust players and rotate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:34am On Feb 02, 2023
Look at what Paul Ince, Reading Manager (and ex-United striker) said, after we beat them last weekend:

It was a great experience for the players. You're thinking all week who is going to play and then all of a sudden you look at the teamsheet and think Jesus, he's going full throttle in this one.

No disrespect, but if we have played #mufc a year ago, we would have felt we could beat them. Under Ten Hag, he has lifted the whole club. The last two or three years have been tough for the fans, and it looks to me like they are starting to bridge that gap.

He was fancying his chances of winning but once he saw the starting lineup, those fantasies disappeared.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:35am On Feb 02, 2023
Wetyn concern Ronaldo with game time for younglings?

Some people need help.

Clowns

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:35am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:
Glorifying Nottingham Forest that's 4 points away from relegation.

You guys never cease to amaze me.

I know how this board works. So I'll rest.
When you guys start lamenting the lack of time for younglings, I would have moved on.
Always understand that Cup form is different from league form. A team might be terrible in the league but beasts in a Cup. Nothing Forest didn't make the semis by accident. They're played their way through and beat all the opponents they faced.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:36am On Feb 02, 2023
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:36am On Feb 02, 2023
Ellexy:
Strongest lineup with Rashford, DeGea and Martial on the bench?

Snuck martial in like we won't notice. Abeg swerve.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Snuck martial in like we won't notice. Abeg swerve.

Why are you so worked up this morning? cheesy

If Martial is fit, he's the starting striker yes or no?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Santos07: 9:39am On Feb 02, 2023
Trevor012:

Keep quiet cause coaches don't mistake. Let me catch you question any Eth decision here again and I will tell you to go manage your own team. Yeye dey smell.
I observed the Same thing, I have been seeing names like bald head and so on.
Complaining every match day 🤣🤣
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:39am On Feb 02, 2023
Ellexy:
Always understand that Cup form is different from league form. A thing might be terrible in the league but beasts in a Cup. Nothing Forest didn't make the semis by accident. They're played their way through and beat all the opponents they faced.

Yeah. They will wallop us 4 - 0.

Yeah. They will win 5 - 1 if Mainoo and Pellistri entered at 74 minutes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:40am On Feb 02, 2023
Ellexy:
Why are you so worked up this morning? cheesy

If Martial is fit, he's the starting striker yes or no?
When is he fit?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:41am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Malacia played 3 games in 8 days or so before yesterday. You want him to start again? Take it easy na. Shaw and Varane needed to start.

The last time Mainoo started a game, he was anonymous throughout. You need to ease him in. 10 mins, then 25 mins before starting him.

Rushing young players can affect their confidence if things go wrong. And that could derail their whole career.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dfrost: 9:41am On Feb 02, 2023
RightDecision15:

Whatever ETH does at this stage is welcomed. Man Utd needs to start getting to the finals at the barest minimum and if possible get their hands on silverware.

We seriously need that boost. No need to take chances now.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RightDecision15: 9:44am On Feb 02, 2023
Trevor012:

Sorry kiddo

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Yeah. They will wallop us 4 - 0.

Yeah. They will win 5 - 1 if Mainoo and Pellistri entered at 74 minutes

At 74 mins we were prepping for the next game. Game was still 0-0 and the 3 senior boys came on to try out a new tactic. Did you not see Sancho at no 10 and Bruno on the right wing?

Was it not Bruno’s pass that led to that second goal? When last did we score that kind of goal? (Which is effective against park de bus teams?)

We don’t need to be playing the yoots now. But don’t worry, they’ll get their time soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:46am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

When is he fit?
He was yesterday yet didn't start.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12899) (12900) (12901) (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.