Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,490 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8802869 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12900) (12901) (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) (12906) ... (14186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RightDecision15: 9:46am On Feb 02, 2023
Trevor012:

Some of you are Fecking hilarious. 3:0 up against a nothing team like Nothingham forest at home and you still dey shake like this. Baba if the bald headed man cannot rotate with 3 zero up at home then he can never rotate again.

Like I mentioned above… we can’t take any chances. When you manage your football team, you can manage as you deem fit. ETH is doing just fine at the moment

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:49am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Yeah. They will wallop us 4 - 0.

Yeah. They will win 5 - 1 if Mainoo and Pellistri entered at 74 minutes
Better to control your destiny than leaving it to chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:53am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

You guys make me laugh.

My own na say why use your strongest lineup in a game like this?

Maguire and Lindelof should see this game out in defense.

Pellistri and Mainoo did not even come on at all.

You say ease, like them dey even see shirt. The last game Pellistri played, she he play nonsense?

I'm just laughing cos our soon read your epistle on why these boys are not seeing enough time.

Nothing concern me sha. Na trophy I need. If e won sacrifice him players. Wetyn concern me? Na their work.

That wasn’t our strongest lineup.

Rashford was on the bench. And Eriksen got injured.

The game needed a solid defense and a good midfield. Without that, anything could happen.

Did you see when Maguire and Lindelof come in? Did you see the chances we conceded after that?

Mainoo is not instilling confidence, especially after his last game. Pellistri too. The dude passed directly to an opponent in a dangerous position. Those are the kind of mistakes that can cost you games.

If you rush him into another game and he made another costly mistake, it could kill his confidence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2023
These arguments are unnecessary naw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:56am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:
Glorifying Nottingham Forest that's 4 points away from relegation.

You guys never cease to amaze me.

I know how this board works. So I'll rest.
When you guys start lamenting the lack of time for younglings, I would have moved on.

Southampton are not 4 points away from relegation. They are at the bottom of the table. Yet, they beat Man City 2-0 in a cup game because Pep over tinkered with his formation.

Never underestimate any PL team.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:58am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

Malacia played 3 games in 8 days or so before yesterday. You want him to start again? Take it easy na. Shaw and Varane needed to start.

The last time Mainoo started a game, he was anonymous throughout. You need to ease him in. 10 mins, then 25 mins before starting him.

Rushing young players can affect their confidence if things go wrong. And that could derail their whole career.
Malacia Reading and Nottingham. Okay Let's say that deserved.

You say ease in, these boys barely get time to be eased in. When will the easing in start? Why did they not get "10 minutes" yesterday?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:58am On Feb 02, 2023
Ellexy:
Pellistri isn't even academy.

Yes, he’s not. He’s a yoot player tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:00am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

At 74 mins we were prepping for the next game. Game was still 0-0 and the 3 senior boys came on to try out a new tactic. Did you not see Sancho at no 10 and Bruno on the right wing?

Was it not Bruno’s pass that led to that second goal? When last did we score that kind of goal? (Which is effective against park de bus teams?)

We don’t need to be playing the yoots now. But don’t worry, they’ll get their time soon.

Martial scored 73 minutes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Malacia Reading and Nottingham. Okay Let's say that deserved.

You say ease in, these boys barely get time to be eased in. When will the easing in start? Why did they not get "10 minutes" yesterday?

Easing in starts with training with the first team. As long as they keep doing that, they’ll be able to come in when they’re needed.

Garnacho got 60+ mins. Mainoo will get more time when due.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2023
Ellexy:
He was yesterday yet didn't start.

Please call people that have contributed substantially to the team this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:02am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Martial scored 73 minutes.

Change my 74 mins to the time the senior boys came on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:03am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

Easing in starts with training with the first team. As long as they keep doing that, they’ll be able to come in when they’re needed.

Garnacho got 60+ mins. Mainoo will get more time when due.

Why you dey talk like say Garnacho getting time is something novel?

Nuff said
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:03am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

Change my 74 mins to the time the senior boys came on.
I told you 73 minutes because a young one could have come in when we scored a goal, which sealed the game at that time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

Southampton are not 4 points away from relegation. They are at the bottom of the table. Yet, they beat Man City 2-0 in a cup game because Pep over tinkered with his formation.

Never underestimate any PL team.

Don't underestimate a team but you are underestimating us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:08am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Please call people that have contributed substantially to the team this season.
Well that wasn't the strongest possible lineup ETH would have fielded yesterday like you said.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:13am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:
Afrodoc2

https://twitter.com/101greatgoals/status/1618648011835576327?s=21

What do you think?

Yeah it was a surprising decision, but the story was that Fergie didn't like Ince's cocky attitude plus he had Keane and Butt as ready-made replacements.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:17am On Feb 02, 2023
Ellexy:
Well that wasn't the strongest possible lineup ETH would have fielded yesterday like you said.

Minus two players. I admitted. One outfield player.

I'm done with this talk sha. Make he carry on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 10:18am On Feb 02, 2023
Ten Hag: “We know what Anthony Martial can do when he's fit and he isn't even fit, so imagine if he played ten games. I think you will see a totally different front line and a much better Martial.” [MUTV]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:19am On Feb 02, 2023
afrodoc2:

Yeah it was a surprising decision, but the story was that Fergie didn't like Ince's cocky attitude plus he had Keane and Butt as ready-made replacements.

Paul Ince cocky?

What’s even mortifying was that they already accepted the bid. They sold him first before they told him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

Fred of yesterday was better than Fred of last week. It’s still Fred sha 😀

fred of yesterday was horrible

shocking how they are creating zero chances and zero crosses for our striker..

see the only cross that came to him and he headed it against the post..

now imagine he got 7 or 8 of those

atleast he would score 2 out of them

casemero played more forward passes than fred and fred was the more advanced midfielder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Baba mi. I no even understand o.

Shey na FA cup then won play or na against Barcelona? Or na EPL wey we dey fight for top four?

It's not even like it's 11 academy boys we want to give minutes. It's just two or three. The others that could have played are senior players.
As in playing 2-3 youngsters, alongside 8 other senior players, in a match against Nottingham at old trafford, where we are already 3 goals up is sounding like an abomination. This begs the question, are the youngsters not good enough?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2023
Mrviktor:

fred of yesterday was horrible

shocking how they are creating zero chances and zero crosses for our striker..

see the only cross that came to him and he headed it against the post..

now imagine he got 7 or 8 of those

atleast he would score 2 out of them

casemero played more forward passes than fred and fred was the more advanced midfielder

But I said he’s still Fred na 😀

What else did you expect? He wasn’t as bad as he used to be in other areas tho. Like spatial awareness and passing accuracy- although he made quite a few of them yesterday too.

Fred will always be Fred.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:30am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

I even thought you were talking about second stream players who haven’t played many minutes although academy players fit the description too.

Can you list the 4 available academy players?
Garnacho started. Mainoo and Pellistri were on the bench. Who else?
On the bench doing what for 90 minutes? What about the rated Iqbal or na just we dey rate am?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2023
eph12:

As in playing 2-3 youngsters, alongside 8 other senior players, in a match against Nottingham at old trafford, where we are already 3 goals up is sounding like an abomination. This begs the question, are the youngsters not good enough?

That's one of the questions we should be asking.

Maybe they are only good among their mates.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:34am On Feb 02, 2023
Leyqute:

Paul Ince cocky?

What’s even mortifying was that they already accepted the bid. They sold him first before they told him.

Yeah. He was a black London boy, playing for the top club in the country and also an England international. He was said to have been feeling himself and given himself his nickname (The Guvnor). Ferguson felt he bottled a major Champions League tie (i think it was against Barca) and then famously called him a "big time Charlie" years later when he was at Liverpool.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:40am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

That's one of the questions we should be asking.

Maybe they are only good among their mates.
That has been my question. But for some reason, some people see it as an attack on ETH or something I have no idea about. Are they good enough? Yes or No?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:50am On Feb 02, 2023
eph12:

That has been my question. But for some reason, some people see it as an attack on ETH or something I have no idea about. Are they good enough? Yes or No?

I no even understand again. I'm weak.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay1: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2023
eph12:

academy football and senior football are miles apart bro.

Man city Academy win the League every now and then in the last few recent years, yet most of their guys are not pulling trees in senior football whenever they get loaned out. It's not easy bruv.

Look at this EFL trophy that U21 play with Non league and league 2 teams, look at the way Non league players of part timers wipe these U21 boys some times in the competition. That will give you the glimpse of how senior team football reality is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:33am On Feb 02, 2023
timay1:

academy football and senior football are miles apart bro.

Man city Academy win the League every now and then in the last few recent years, yet most of their guys are not pulling trees in senior football whenever they get loaned out. It's not easy bruv.

Look at this EFL trophy that U21 play with Non league and league 2 teams, look at the way Non league players of part timers wipe these U21 boys some times in the competition. That will give you the glimpse of how senior team football reality is
So we will need to spend good cash then? I was thinking with the way we were hyping these young players, we should just give them the minutes some of those fringe senior players get to aid their development.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 11:36am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Mainoo is not Casemiro's direct replacement. He's a CM. Pellistri for Antony. Malacia for Shaw. Maguire and Lindelof for the guys that started yesterday.

One of the boys should be starting in our midfield three. It's not like these young boys are eleven.

Only Garnacho played yesterday in a game that is the surest of games to start.

The Garnacho that played sef was below par yesterday, but no we should have filled the whole team with youngsters for the sake of minutes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:37am On Feb 02, 2023
maik99:

The Garnacho that played sef was below par yesterday, but no we should have filled the whole team with youngsters for the sake of minutes

Please don't mention me about this anymore
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by maik99(m): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2023
odizeey:

Please don't mention me about this anymore

Just admit that the coach made the right decisions and move on

(1) (2) (3) ... (12900) (12901) (12902) (12903) (12904) (12905) (12906) ... (14186) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala, Afz9095(m), TemporaryHansel, Oasis007(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.