Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8728224 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13282) (13283) (13284) (13285) (13286) (13287) (13288) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
CapitalCee:

Yes. Kepa is better than him. At Luis Enrique believes so. I dont know any GK in EPL who concedes more useless goals as DDG
You're lying and you know it. Don't hide behind any Luis Enrique. You won't exchange DDG for Kepa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
eph12:

You're lying and you know it. Don't hide behind any Luis Enrique. You won't exchange DDG for Kepa.

Are you me? Who told you I wouldn't swap DDG for Kepa? DDG is a liability, and cannot play from the back. How many times have you seen Kepa commit obvious errors like DDG

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
šŸŽ™ļø| Micah Richards: ā€œAs a City fan, you have to admire De Gea. He should be invited to the treble parade! [laughs]. But seriously #mufc need to get rid of him.ā€

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
main24:

I believe we should work our way backwards. Once we start scoring goals, better midfield ball retention, we can get a better goal keeper.

For now, getting a better keeper with this same players won't change much.

Just my thought though. I could be wrong.

You're wrong. To play possession based football, we need a different Goal keeper. It's not even difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2023
Roland17:

Doc, I hear say una play match? I just dey come back from my barber shop abeg update me with scores...

Google no work for your side today ba? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2023
Android17:
They are hurt bro you have to let them cope.

I have been reading things like If DDG saved XYZ we could have won 1-0. They talk like Haaland would run to the corner flank when he had Varane on toast or Gundogan will ignore the open Haaland and KdB and pass to Grealish if City was not leading at the time.

They act like if Haaland had better ball control in this game he would not have played it in for KDB to fill in the half spaces like he did against Arsenal at the Etihad.

They act like DDG did not save a chance that Haaland had no business missing because of how close range it was or that Rodri's header in the first half that glanced past the side net could not have been 2-0 before their dodgy penalty.

They act like KDB did not deserve a more stone-wall penalty than what AWB got out of Grealish.

Let them cope.
I get what you're saying. But Haaland wouldn't have that much space to work with also if that game was tied. You think Varane and co would keep an high line like that if the scores was 1-1?

And you're also talking about missed chances. Like a tight, smash and grab game is not filled with those.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
ChristoBam:

You're wrong. To play possession based football, we need a different Goal keeper. It's not even difficult.
To play possession football, we will need more than a different goal keeper
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
CapitalCee:

Are you me? Who told you I wouldn't swap DDG for Kepa? DDG is a liability, and cannot play from the back. How many times have you seen Kepa commit obvious errors like DDG
lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
CapitalCee:
šŸŽ™ļø| Micah Richards: ā€œAs a City fan, you have to admire De Gea. He should be invited to the treble parade! [laughs]. But seriously #mufc need to get rid of him.ā€

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2023
eph12:

This team's not as far away from playing possession footy as you think.
A keeper like Allison and a MF like Dejong and you'll see a different team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android17: 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2023
ChristoBam:

I get what you're saying. But Haaland wouldn't have that much space to work with also if that game was tied. You think Varane and co would keep an high line like that if the scores was 1-1?

And you're also talking about missed chances. Like a tight, smash and grab game is not filled with those.
You are absolutely right and that was my point. That the United would have won 1-0 talk is nonsensical.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 7:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lana1:
No one is scapegoating him. He is simply the biggest culprit. Look at both sides of this argument very well. One side is blaming De Gea just as much as they blame other players. The other side is everybody while finding excuses for De Gea.

"We are not winning first and second balls"
"The strikers are not scoring"

Meanwhile their keeper cannot catch penalty. He cannot help out his defenders and come out to claim crosses. He cannot pick out a pass. No be madness be that?

I know it hurts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPo6FpdRqFI
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
Leyqute:

Google no work for your side today ba? grin

My barber no dey allow use of phone wen him dey barb.

Besides, Doc, na my only trust worthy source for United scores, any other source na fake news.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lana1:
No one is scapegoating him. He is simply the biggest culprit. Look at both sides of this argument very well. One side is blaming De Gea just as much as they blame other players. The other side is everybody while finding excuses for De Gea.

"We are not winning first and second balls"
"The strikers are not scoring"

Meanwhile their keeper cannot catch penalty. He cannot help out his defenders and come out to claim crosses. He cannot pick out a pass. No be madness be that?

I get your point now. No excuse for DDG from my end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
Roland17:

Doc, I hear say una play match? I just dey come back from my barber shop abeg update me with scores...

Me sef dey my barber shop right now and we no get light, google blocked us, nobody get data for phone, and the town crier went on maternity leave.

Abeg who and who play the match?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
ChristoBam:

Chris, can Man U play possession based football with this set of players once we remove DDG??
Won't there be further individuals to blame?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
main24:

Chris, can Man U play possession based football with this set of players once we remove DDG??

In the late 2000s and 2010s when teams did not press like this and teams still played long most of the time, the most important players in a possession-based team were the 6 and maybe the 8.

Now that most teams press very high and most teams play out from the back the most important players in a possession-based team are now the GK, the 6, and then maybe the 8.

Pressing high was the tactical solution to the problem posed by the possession-based teams of the 2010s. The keeper being an exceptional passer and an extra outfielder is the tactical response of the possession-based teams to the problem posed when teams started to press high.

If you think in simplistic terms of goalkeeper saves and clean sheets you will miss the big picture.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
afrodoc2:

In the mid late 2000s and 2010s when teams did not press like this and teams still played long most of the time, the most important players in a possession-based team were the 6 and maybe the 8.

Now that most teams press very high and most teams play out from the back the most important players in a possession-based team are now the GK, the 6, and then maybe the 8.

Pressing high was the tactical solution to the problem posed by the possession-based teams of the 2010s. The keeper being an exceptional passer and an extra outfielder is the tactical response of the possession-based teams to the problem posed when team started to press high.

If you think in simplistic terms of goalkeeper saves and clean sheets you will miss the big picture.

Good explanation why a ball playing goal keeper is needed but the question is still not answered.

Can Man U play possession based football with this set of players once we remove DDG??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lana1:
TFY

Just like tear drops...WAIL!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXWUEOw-HG0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
main24:

Good explanation why a ball playing goal keeper is needed but the question is still not answered.

Can Man U play possession based football with this set of players once we remove DDG??

The answer is in the explanation. The most important position is the GK and should be sorted ASAP. Our GK is very ill-suited to possession-based football. Our 6 is manageable for now. Our 8 is ill-suited for other reasons. Out of our GK, our 6, and our 8 our GK is the most ill-suited to such football. Of course players like McFred and AWB are not suited to it as well but they are not as important to the team

Also, nobody said we have to make only one change per transfer window, but the rate-limiting step in our change to a possession-based side is the GK.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
eph12:

True this. But itā€™ll be way way easier if the GK is good with the ball at his feet too. Varane, Martinez, Shaw can easily evade the opponentā€™s press with a modern GK than with an old fashioned one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
ChristoBam:

This team's not as far away from playing possession footy as you think.
A keeper like Allison and a MF like Dejong and you'll see a different team.

Ainā€™t this the truth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2023
I hope they've already booked Weyghost flight back to Fuckistan. They can let Martial stowaway in the cargo bay. Foolish players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
afrodoc2:

The answer is in the explanation. The most important position is the GK and should be sorted ASAP. Our GK is very ill-suited to possession-based football. Our 6 is manageable for now. Our 8 is ill-suited for other reasons. Out of our GK, our 6, and our 8 our GK is the most ill-suited to such football. Of course players like McFred and AWB are not suited to it as well but they are not as important to the team

Also, nobody said we have to make only one change per transfer window, but the rate-limiting step in our change to a possession-based side is the GK.

Good stuff.
My problem now is, with this current Man U squad, they can't play possession based football even if DDG is changed oooo.

That being said I hope ETH will change DDG for you guys, so that there will be no more complains no matter the outcome.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ambience(m): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2023
Rate ten hag's first season in the epl out of 100% ...........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
Where's that dĆ­ckchaser(drxmchaser) who was bragging unnecessarily about how ManYoo will beat Man City?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lana1 my guy, it's been a while o.

After all your optimism, na just Carabao una see celebrate .

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AImiron: 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2023
TLona1:
Where's that dĆ­ckchaser(drxmchaser) who was bragging unnecessarily about how ManYoo will beat Man City?
The mumu don go hide with his comrades.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2023
main24:

Good stuff.
My problem now is, with this current Man U squad, they can't play possession based football even if DDG is changed oooo.

That being said I hope ETH will change DDG for you guys, so that there will be no more complains no matter the outcome.

So what is your solution? Not make any changes at all? Cos i am not getting you. Nobody here has said ONLY DDG should be changed.

if we change the GK, the RB, the CM and the CF that is a start. Then the offseason after that we might change the CDM, RB, and CAM. The squad would have changed by then and hopefully we would be playing the kind of football we hope for.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2023
Cristiano Ronaldo is the last player to score a free-kick for Portugal, Al Nassr and Manchester United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jokerman:

No problems.

Sad day for you today though....šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Wolfsburg winning

Man utd to stop City treble grin

United trey, see how you jinxed both. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13282) (13283) (13284) (13285) (13286) (13287) (13288) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Uniquisite, Ijustwantto, stulp16, Unlimited22, segzysexy(m), Kamelot77(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.