Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,835 members, 7,841,183 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13746) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8809571 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13743) (13744) (13745) (13746) (13747) (13748) (13749) ... (14197) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by akwesenana: 10:45am On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:
Heritage doesn't win you trophies, a good team does. Portugal has the most balanced team in world football now or thereabout.
I agree with this 100%.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FirstbornWds: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2023
KingTom:

I swear, better fraud. E dey carry body for ordinary world cup wey everybody dey win even Guninea Bissau fit win if dem put mind... Shiooooor grin grin

So why Ronaldo day cry when Morroco pursue am?
E no fit put mind?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2023
FirstbornWds:

E no fit put mind?
Read wetin I type again, read am slowly.
Who be Morocco? Na luck Morocco use win and the luck be say C boy no start, like say e start na sure hatrick and all those Hakimi, Ziyech and co for need diapers
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaooo

Which kind shalaye be this?
One won his country their only 2 trophies.
The other won his country a World Cup that was already won twice by same country.
Should we look at the players that both countries have produced? 😁
Does what you have written above make any sense?

What influence do Okocha, Sunday Oliseh and Kanu have on the current Super Eagles team? Do their spirit come upon our current crop when we are out on the pitch?

Brazil have won the World Cup 5 times yet the current generation can't even make the Semis...How exactly do Pele, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Garrincha, Kaka, and Ronaldinho help the current crop? Will Richardlison or Jesus play better because Brazil has produced great players in the past? You guys have hopped on this illogical defence for so long a time that you now think it makes any sense.

A fair argument will be to compare the quality of players in Argentina to that of Portugal and draw conclusions from there...Portugal has a stronger squad but I expect you to object after all you guys argued that Messi had a better team at Barcelona than Ronaldo had at Madrid at the time when Barcelona was dominating but fast forward to now, and the same folks will say Modric is better than Xavi, Casemiro is better than Busi, Benzema is better than Suarez, Casillas is better than Valdes, Ramos is better than Pique and Marcelo is better than Alba/Abidal.

Nothing is new.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2023
FirstbornWds:

E no fit put mind?
Sarcasm bro...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:15am On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:
Does what you have written above make any sense?

What influence do Okocha, Sunday Oliseh and Kanu have on the current Super Eagles team? Do their spirit come upon our current crop when we are out on the pitch?

Brazil have won the World Cup 5 times yet the current generation can't even make the Semis...How exactly do Pele, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Garrincha, Kaka, and Ronaldinho help the current crop? Will Richardlison or Jesus play better because Brazil has produced great players in the past? You guys have hopped on this illogical defence for so long a time that you now think it makes any sense.

A fair argument will be to compare the quality of players in Argentina to that of Portugal and draw conclusions from there...Portugal has a stronger squad but I expect you to object after all you guys argued that Messi had a better team at Barcelona than Ronaldo had at Madrid at the time when Barcelona was dominating but fast forward to now, and the same folks will say Modric is better than Xavi, Casemiro is better than Busi, Benzema is better than Suarez, Casillas is better than Valdes, Ramos is better than Pique and Marcelo is better than Alba/Abidal.

Nothing is new.

All these ones don't matter.
Argentina is football heritage especially when placed side by side with Portugal.
One person is responsible for the little heritage his country has.
Another person is just part of a long heritage his country has.

They are not the same😁.

Plus do you really want us to look at the quality of players Ronaldo has played with in Portugal against that of Argentina? 😁

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:20am On Oct 17, 2023
Englishisamust:

Without Ronaldo, Portugal will still be trophyless!!! messi without Argentina they will still be winning trophy grin grin grin grin...

Lmao its like someone playing for Leicester and then someone playing for Manchester United.
The expectation will be the same?

Let people fear God
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

All these ones don't matter.
Argentina is football heritage especially when placed side by side with Portugal.
One person is responsible for the little heritage his country has.
Another person is just part of a long heritage his country has.

They are not the same😁.

Plus do you really want us to look at the quality of players Ronaldo has played with in Portugal against that of Argentina? 😁
It's okay bro. Football heritage wins you trophies.

I wonder why heritage is not helping the current Brazilian NT or at club level, Man Utd.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:26am On Oct 17, 2023
Englishisamust:

Without Ronaldo, Portugal will still be trophyless!!! messi without Argentina they will still be winning trophy grin grin grin grin...
He scored the goals that won them the trophy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:30am On Oct 17, 2023
We are talking about the quality of players and someone is talking about Leicester City.

If Burnley signs Haaland, Mbappe, KDB, Vinicius, Rodri, Dias and co, won't they become favourites to win the league and UCL or you'll now say because they do not have 'heritage' then it'd be a shocker that they win it.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YourBestWriter: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2023
I just had a long chat with my friend (an indigenous manutd fan living in Manchester). Wow, it looks like Sir Jim Ratcliffe is not as bad as we see him after all.

According to my friend, Ratcliffe is a well respected manutd fan there in the UK. He reasons like a business man, and he doesn't joke around with his business; more like Roman abramovich the former Chelsea owner.

My friend said that Ratcliffe is not going for only 25% stake. He also wants clauses attached to any deal at Manchester United which will enable him to eventually stage a full takeover of the club.

He has a clear future goal which is to fully acquire the club from the glazers.

So, fingers crossed, we hope for a miracle that will take the entire world by surprise.

ggmu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:
It's okay bro. Football heritage wins you trophies.

I wonder why heritage is not helping the current Brazilian NT or at club level, Man Utd.

Lmao.. I'm very sure you saw the player comparison part in their national team careers.

Suddenly the heritage doesn't add context again.

So you are telling me, someone who won the epl with Leicester is the same with someone who won it with man united, Chelsea, mancity etc..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:

Lmaoo... Was Ronaldo in the Portugal squad in 2016 and 2018 when they won it? 😌
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 11:40am On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:

I'm definitely damn sure you didn't watch euro 2016.... grin grin grin.... From group stage to final, Ronaldo was man of the moment!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 11:41am On Oct 17, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmaoo... Was Ronaldo in the Portugal squad in 2016 and 2018 when they won it? 😌

He doesn't watch euro 2016.... Don't mind him.. I dey even talk say Portugal no go leave group stage till Ronaldo happen to portugal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:
We are talking about the quality of players and someone is talking about Leicester City.

If Burnley signs Haaland, Mbappe, KDB, Vinicius, Rodri, Dias and co, won't they become favourites to win the league and UCL or you'll now say because they do not have 'heritage' then it'd be a shocker that they win it.

Lmaooo so when Portugal won euros, they had quality players? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2023
Proper hater energy 😌.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 11:44am On Oct 17, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Nani, inconsistent Renato Sanchez, inconsistent quraezma grin grin grin... speech of haters will always be glaring grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 11:54am On Oct 17, 2023
This Goal eeenh!!!! Portugal vs hungary grin cheesy grin
I had go and watch the highlight of this match again!!! Thanks to Ronaldo for saving Portugal that day

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. I'm very sure you saw the player comparison part in their national team careers.

Suddenly the heritage doesn't add context again.

So you are telling me, someone who won the epl with Leicester is the same with someone who won it with man united, Chelsea, mancity etc..

Portugal had a very good team in 2016 with a defence that was top quality, an above-average midfield and a top attack. From 2016 until now, Portugal has produced some of the best talents in Europe and continues to do so but somehow, we should not place any expectation on a team that has Dias and Silva (Both in integral part of City's success in the last couple of years), Leao, one of the best LWF in the world and an integral part of Milan's scudetto winning team, Mendes, Danilo, Veitinha and Ramos of PSG, Bruno Fernandes, Guerreiro of Bayern, Diogo of Porto, Paulinha etc because of heritage...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2023
This is what you call top attack!! grin grin grin... even Current Nigeria attack is better than this grin grin grin.. commot Ronaldo from this team!!! This team is useless like piece of shit... squad of bench warmers

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Pepe, Carvalho, Moutinho, Bruno Alves, Rui Patricio, Andre Gomes (He was very good at that time that Barcelona had to sign him), Joao Mario, Nani, William Carvalho, Renato Sanches (Bayern signed him because he was just about the hottest midfield prospect then), Danilo etc.

They did not have the stand out team in the tournament but they were not short of quality in key positions either which is very vital for a title winning side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:
Pepe, Carvalho, Moutinho, Bruno Alves, Rui Patricio, Andre Gomes (He was very good at that time that Barcelona had to sign him), Joao Mario, Nani, William Carvalho, Renato Sanches (Bayern signed him because he was just about the hottest midfield prospect then), Danilo etc.

They did not have the stand out team in the tournament but they were not short of quality in key positions either which is very vital for a title winning side.

Renato Sanchez that is not a starter in Portugal and Bayern then... grin grin grin..

You even metion Danilo. Big real Madrid and man city flop grin grin grin. All this shalayee to be against the greatness of Ronaldo grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
Englishisamust:
This is what you call top attack!! grin grin grin... even Current Nigeria attack is better than this grin grin grin.. commot Ronaldo from this team!!! This team is useless like piece of shit... squad of bench warmers

Patrickmuf is this the squad?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
Englishisamust:

You even metion Danilo. Big real Madrid and Manchester City flop grin grin grin. All this shalayee to be against the greatness of Ronaldo grin grin grin
Danilo of PSG. Did you even watch Euro 2016?

You just dey argue wetin you no know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:

Tell me as you were typing these names, you didn't let out a laugh or at least a tiny silent chuckle πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
Sanches that was inconsistent was their best midfielder.. Their best midfielder!
That summarises the squad for you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:

We all watched it.
If you attempt to call danilo and cavalho quality then I'll know that this conversation is a waste of time.
Those guys were the available quality Portugal had. People that were slow, limited players in midfield.
It took an inconsistent teenager to give that midfield life. Even moutinho was absolutely ordinary.
Is it nani you want to talk about?
Infact what saved that team was Ronaldo, the GK, Fonte and Pepe both having to roll back the years.
The rest were dross who had to be there because the replacements were even more dross

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Tell me as you were typing these names, you didn't let out a laugh or at least a tiny silent chuckle πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
Sanches that was inconsistent was their best midfielder.. Their best midfielder!

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
patrickmuf:

My bad!!! That Danilo with black bald head!!! grin grin grin. I don't think I even see him in euro 2016... you shouldn't have mention him self grin grin grin
That slowmo player!!! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Their best midfielder is not a starter selfgrin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
akwesenana:
But isn't it true that Pre-Ronaldo Portugal had no football heritage?

Pre Ronaldo Portugal had Luis Figo, Rui Costa and other very good players. They didn't have a good team at Ronaldo's peak. Now that he's about to retire, their team is one of the best in the world.

That's the truth.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Leyqute:

Pre Ronaldo Portugal had Luis Figo, Rui Costa and other very good players. They didn't have a good team at Ronaldo's peak. Now that he's about to retire, their team is one of the best in the world.

That's the truth.
Well said. They were unlucky against Greece in 04. The new Gen were also unlucky against Morocco in '22

(1) (2) (3) ... (13743) (13744) (13745) (13746) (13747) (13748) (13749) ... (14197) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: obainojazz(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.