Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,749 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8870748 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14184) (14185) (14186) (14187) (14188) (14189) (14190) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:19am On May 25
Sources be whining us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:25am On May 25
Na with this kind talk this man go take end Pep era at City? Top 4 talk....

cheesy grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 9:26am On May 25
afrodoc2:
Sources be whining us.
Be like the man no dey go anywhere oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:46am On May 25
Ellexy:

cheesy grin

Aim for top 4 again?

Oloriburuku
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 9:55am On May 25
The best thing that can happen to Man U is losing 0-4+ to Man city.

If we win, then next season would likely be worst.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:59am On May 25
larride:

Aim for top 4 again?

Oloriburuku
lol but that should be the realistic aim now. The only problem is that he is too stubborn and egoistic. He does not accept where he is wrong. If not how do you explain playing such tactics for the whole season, exposing your backline and keeper to all sorts of attack, only to change when everything has spoiled. We played much better in our last 3 games because the gaps in our midfield reduced, and not because we had players return from injury. But its much easier for him to blame injuries because he wants to play one nonsense style that should be binned.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:07am On May 25
main24:
The best thing that can happen to Man U is losing 0-4+ to Man city.

If we win, then next season would likely be worst.

LooL.

These guys sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:08am On May 25
Our dear club odd to win is 10+. Its a disgrace
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:10am On May 25
Ellexy:
Be like the man no dey go anywhere oo

It is possible. The truth is that there is no standout option amongst available managers. The fact that big clubs are seriously considering McKenna should let you know what the situation is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:11am On May 25
eph12:

lol but that should be the realistic aim now. The only problem is that he is too stubborn and egoistic. He does not accept where he is wrong. If not how do you explain playing such tactics for the whole season, exposing your backline and keeper to all sorts of attack, only to change when everything has spoiled. We played much better in our last 3 games because the gaps in our midfield reduced, and not because we had players return from injury. But its much easier for him to blame injuries because he wants to play one nonsense style that should be binned.

Remember when we blamed him on this forum for not “playing his style “ during his first year, and some of us said the whole house would come down on him if he did?

I think that’s what’s happened this season. He stuck to “playing his style” even though he doesn’t have the right profiles and it exposes the defense.

All conjecture tho. Man is devoid of reality and needs to lie on the bed he has made.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:13am On May 25
Ellexy:

cheesy grin

E say na try and aim for top 4...If I catch EBL eh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:18am On May 25
Leyqute:

Remember when we blamed him on this forum for not “playing his style “ during his first year, and some of us said the whole house would come down on him if he did?

I think that’s what’s happened this season. He stuck to “playing his style” even though he doesn’t have the right profiles and it exposes the defense.

All conjecture tho. Man is devoid of reality and needs to lie on the bed he has made.

Brotherly, what is this playing style?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:38am On May 25
Leyqute:

What style did he play this season? If this is his style, ICC need to issue arrest warrant on him asap.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:38am On May 25
afrodoc2:

I'm shocked o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:39am On May 25
afrodoc2:

Big hole in midfield apparently
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:39am On May 25
afrodoc2:

It is possible. The truth is that there is no standout option amongst available managers. The fact that big clubs are seriously considering McKenna should let you know what the situation is.

Make Mr Ikenna go warm eba for Brighton first.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:43am On May 25
larride:

I'm shocked o

I am not even trolling. This 2nd season he has confused me with regards to what his style is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:44am On May 25
Leyqute:

Big hole in midfield apparently

The world-famous Donut formation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:48am On May 25
larride:

What style did he play this season? If this is his style, ICC need to issue arrest warrant on him asap.

He’s been trying to be aggressive and play on the front foot. Try as much as possible to build up from the back, invite the pressure and transition as quickly as possible.
If the opponent’s press overwhelms us, then start hoofing it up the field.
Once you lose the ball, press the opponent very aggressively.

And it has backfired terribly.

Don’t tell me you haven’t noticed one consistent result of this mentality (very porous midfield) since the beginning of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:50am On May 25
afrodoc2:

The world-famous Donut formation.

Well, it is what it is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:53am On May 25
larride:

LMAO grin

Somebody should post his arrest warrant grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:03am On May 25
Leyqute:

So that's the style they were talking about? LMAO its worse than I thought

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:05am On May 25
larride:

Omo I hadn't even read other comments before I made my own. if that is the style they are talking about we are in deepshit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:06am On May 25
larride:

Aim for top 4 again?

Oloriburuku
E say try and aim so that one no even sure. Ambition dead in the waters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:09am On May 25
Leyqute:

He’s been trying to be aggressive and play on the front foot. Try as much as possible to build up from the back, invite the pressure and transition as quickly as possible.
If the opponent’s press overwhelms us, then start hoofing it up the field.
Once you lose the ball, press the opponent very aggressively.

And it has backfired terribly.

Don’t tell me you haven’t noticed one consistent result of this mentality (very porous midfield) since the beginning of the season.
How many of our players do you see pressing at the same time from the front? Where is the aggressive and front foot? Where did you see this pressing of opponent very aggressively?

And before you say we don't have the players, we do not need the best players to play that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:16am On May 25
eph12:

How many of our players do you see pressing at the same time from the front? Where is the aggressive and front foot? Where did you see this pressing of opponent very aggressively?

And before you say we don't have the players, we do not need the best players to play that

At least Bruno, Hojlund and Garnacho press aggressively with one of the CMs joining in.

We press aggressively with 3-5 players while the rest sit back.
Problem is it’s not coordinated and it leaves lots of spaces to exploit. That’s the origin of the donut formation.

We don’t need the best players to play that way but we need the right profiles to. If 3-5 players commit to the press and the rest don’t, it’s a recipe for disaster.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:24am On May 25
afrodoc2:

For me McKenna isn't that bad. At least he has some experience at the top level with us. Since he left he's done well. I won't mind him tbh.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 11:31am On May 25
Leyqute:

Except City won’t hoof the ball into the air every time like old school Burnley.

Amrabat is not the ideal midfielder for Man Utd. But he’s way better at closing down opponents than Case at this moment. And that’s what we need in the game.
City won't hoof the ball.
But United will.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:31am On May 25
patrickmuf:
E say na try and aim for top 4...If I catch EBL eh!

cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:33am On May 25
Leyqute:

At least Bruno, Hojlund and Garnacho press aggressively with one of the CMs joining in.

We press aggressively with 3-5 players while the rest sit back.
Problem is it’s not coordinated and it leaves lots of spaces to exploit. That’s the origin of the donut formation.

We don’t need the best players to play that way but we need the right profiles to. If 3-5 players commit to the press and the rest don’t, it’s a recipe for disaster.
This is false. At best, most times, they press individually, not together
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 11:33am On May 25
Leyqute:

Except City won’t hoof the ball into the air every time like old school Burnley.

Amrabat is not the ideal midfielder for Man Utd. But he’s way better at closing down opponents than Case at this moment. And that’s what we need in the game.

Armrabat plays like a goalkeeper
He doesn't know they are players behind him..

Very easy to dispossess..

Put case there..
Licha should control organisation..
We would be better..

Attack is the best form of defence
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:44am On May 25
larride:

😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (14184) (14185) (14186) (14187) (14188) (14189) (14190) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.