Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,727 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8870559 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14185) (14186) (14187) (14188) (14189) (14190) (14191) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:45am On May 25
Leyqute:

He’s been trying to be aggressive and play on the front foot. Try as much as possible to build up from the back, invite the pressure and transition as quickly as possible.
If the opponent’s press overwhelms us, then start hoofing it up the field.
Once you lose the ball, press the opponent very aggressively.

And it has backfired terribly.

Don’t tell me you haven’t noticed one consistent result of this mentality (very porous midfield) since the beginning of the season.

How is it different from what we played in his first season? The only difference is that the midfield collapse totally as Casemeiro doesn't have the leg anymore while Rashford resumes his normal average level.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:46am On May 25
eph12:

Omo I hadn't even read other comments before I made my own. if that is the style they are talking about we are in deepshit

I'd rather have Mr Ikenna than have a repeat of whatever tactics Mr Bald man used for the majority of this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:47am On May 25
Ellexy:
E say try and aim so that one no even sure. Ambition dead in the waters.

E dey use style tell us say we no be big club again, make we lower our expectations.

E deserved the sack for that alone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:51am On May 25
Ellexy:
For me McKenna isn't that bad. At least he has some experience at the top level with us. Since he left he's done well. I won't mind him tbh.

I think he still needs one stepping stone before the United job. Managers far more experienced and successful than him have come here and failed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:52am On May 25
Mrviktor:
City won't hoof the ball.
But United will.

Yeah. So Amrabat over Case today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:53am On May 25
eph12:

This is false. At best, most times, they press individually, not together

You can say the press is not coordinated- like I mentioned earlier. But Garnacho, Bruno and a few others do press a lot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:01pm On May 25
larride:

How is it different from what we played in his first season? The only difference is that the midfield collapse totally as Casemeiro doesn't have the leg anymore while Rashford resumes his normal average level.

We didn’t transition as much last season. Pace is also faster and more direct.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:02pm On May 25
Leyqute:

You can say the press is not coordinated- like I mentioned earlier. But Garnacho, Bruno and a few others do press a lot.
If that's the case, everyone presses. But that's not the kind of press that we want or makes an impact
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 12:03pm On May 25
Ellexy:
For me McKenna isn't that bad. At least he has some experience at the top level with us. Since he left he's done well. I won't mind him tbh.
Ineos should appoint him asap, we will support him as long we see progress and the footy is beautiful. By the way what is his playing style?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:04pm On May 25
TrebleChamp:
Ineos should appoint him asap, we will support him as long we see progress and the footy is beautiful. By the way what is his playing style?

Afrodoc says he's one of our best Academy coach in years.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:10pm On May 25
Mrviktor:

Armrabat plays like a goalkeeper
He doesn't know they are players behind him..

Very easy to dispossess..

Put case there..
Licha should control organisation..
We would be better..

Attack is the best form of defence

I’m tayad of analyzing the game already grin

Let them do and win if they like.

Man Yu mapami
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:11pm On May 25
eph12:

If that's the case, everyone presses. But that's not the kind of press that we want or makes an impact

No, it’s not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 12:18pm On May 25
Leyqute:

I think he still needs one stepping stone before the United job. Managers far more experienced and successful than him have come here and failed.
Since nothing is guaranteed even with experienced and accomplished managers, I don't mind something new with a young coach on an upward trajectory.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:20pm On May 25
Ellexy:

McKenna is a good COACH, however the United job requires not only coaching but also managing. I don't think he is ready for the job or the smoke that comes with it.

He is the same one these players were claiming doesn't know how to carry out training sessions just over 2 years ago.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:38pm On May 25
Ellexy:
Be like the man no dey go anywhere oo

He is 100% gone even if he wins the FA cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 12:50pm On May 25
larride:

Afrodoc says he's one of our best Academy coach in years.
He knows United and knows the atmosphere well already, but i don't know if he can be ruthless when it comes to selecting matchday squad based on form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:58pm On May 25
Ellexy:
Since nothing is guaranteed even with experienced and accomplished managers, I don't mind something new with a young coach on an upward trajectory.

There’s nothing wrong with that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 1:03pm On May 25
afrodoc2:

McKenna is a good COACH, however the United job requires not only coaching but also managing. I don't think he is ready for the job or the smoke that comes with it.

He is the same one these players were claiming doesn't know how to carry out training sessions just over 2 years ago.
Lobatan 🙆, unto the next one 😁...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 1:09pm On May 25
afrodoc2:

His motivation is to win a title for his CV. It is not only about keeping or losing a job but about winning silverware for his own reputation.
Abii...
I didn't see it that way initially
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 1:10pm On May 25
Leyqute:

Personal pride.
A win looks good on his CV.
The same with the players. Personal achievement.

True sha.

Especially the players, most of them go deh look to add to their collection. Esp Bruno wey no too get
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 1:13pm On May 25
TrebleChamp:
The players can motivate themselves to win if they want to, it's down to the players to decide if they truly want the medal. City will be the better team today no doubt, but our players can put in a shift if they want to...
Yeah... True talk.

Na just the coach I was initially skeptical about whether he would want to sabotage it since he has nothing to lose whether he wins or loses the final but dem Doc and Ley.qute just showed me that he infact have everything to gain if he wins the final

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:28pm On May 25
afrodoc2:

And the right personality. The big clubs need those types of managers. I don't know if McKenna has that yet for this level. I would have loved him to go to Brighton then we can observe him from there and he can also develop the required experience and his own personality required for the elite level.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:36pm On May 25
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:38pm On May 25
Garnacho Hojlund Bruno McTom all start according to rumors.

Rashford, Amad and Antony on the bench

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:40pm On May 25
MRTA7:

And the right personality. The big clubs need those types of managers. I don't know if McKenna has that yet for this level. I would have loved him to go to Brighton then we can observe him from there and he can also develop the required experience and his own personality required for the elite level.

Exactly. It is more than organizing training sessions and setting the team up tactically. Enough coach-killers still dey that squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:42pm On May 25
Leyqute:
Garnacho Hojlund Bruno McTom all start according to rumors.

Rashford, Amad and Antony on the bench

No Case?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:56pm On May 25
afrodoc2:

No Case?

No Case o.

I’m eagerly waiting for the official lineup.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:02pm On May 25
Official lineup. No Case. Rashford starts.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 2:03pm On May 25
This Bruno right wing experiment that never worked in the past. When will this Ten Hag learn sef

sad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:04pm On May 25
Case is not even in the matchday squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:05pm On May 25
Ellexy:
This Bruno right wing experiment again that never worked in the past. When will this Ten Hag learn sef

sad

Bruno will probably roam CF AM and CM.

The two wingers - Rashford and Grenacho will probably be the strikers- you know, just like it was in the last couple of games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 2:07pm On May 25
Leyqute:
Case is not even in the matchday squad.
Probably injury.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14185) (14186) (14187) (14188) (14189) (14190) (14191) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.