Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,122 members, 7,845,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8821584 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (14204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
chrisley024: Y r top clubs like Madrid n recently Barca afta DDG?. 'Daily mail' has it dat he's on top of Barca's list 2 replace Valdes n guys r here slating him. Am afraid he might leave cos players bcum high wen it comes 2 Barca's interest in dem.

Ignore the tabloids,they are full of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
mbulela:
If bought he will be at Selhurst park till the end of the season. That is the only condition in which crystal palace will sell.

I personally don't see much in the kid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
Mr_TA:
I personally don't see much in the kid.

a cheeky bid for yann m'vila would send me tail-spinning like an overdose of heroin! i hate signing english wonderkids. he would cost money and the media would feast on him pending the time he would mature and become a consistent player. walcott and chamberlain have suffered that already. i hope we send him to cambodia on a season long loan before he starts playing for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2013
debosky: Danny Welbeck - MOTM. cool

Eat your heart out RuuDie? cheesy

Perhaps we should trade him for TW14 + some cash too - since you seem to regard him so highly!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
RuuDie:
Perhaps we should trade him for TW14 + some cash too - since you seem to regard him so highly!

welbeck has more potential than theo walcott....welbeck's only problem is his composure and decision making in the opponent's penalty box. his workrate is exemplary. he pressed the liverpool defence so much the brendan rodgers tiki-taka couldn't be deployed. welbeck kept forcing reina to hit it long thus losing possession! however, fergie should have replaced him with hernandez in the 70th minute!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by cheddarking(m): 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
coogar:

welbeck has more potential than theo walcott....welbeck's only problem is his composure and decision making in the opponent's penalty box. his workrate is exemplary. he pressed the liverpool defence so much the brendan rodgers tiki-taka couldn't be deployed. welbeck kept forcing reina to hit it long thus losing possession! however, fergie should have replaced him with hernandez in the 70th minute!

I'm yet to be convinced by the lad.
He has done nowt more than the minimum ask of a premier league level footballer...

Time will tell though...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
cheddarking:
I'm yet to be convinced by the lad.
He has done nowt more than the minimum ask of a premier league level footballer...

Time will tell though...

welbeck is criminally underrated here.....
he's the 4th best striker in united but i can bet he would be 2nd best in most clubs in the division. he's better than sturridge in my opinion and i am sure he would give adebayor a run for his money. he's operated mostly as a winger this season so his stats don't look really good. i can't wait to have nani back so welbeck can move back to his natural position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 12:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
RuuDie:

Make an offer! cheesy I'll take a proper striker over a wannabe any day of the week.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
Finally Nani returns. smiley Haven't seen Fletcher in a while, I hope he isn't having issues again. sad

Line-up:-Lindegaard, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Buttner, Valencia, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Rooney and Chicharito.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
coogar:

Dude. . .for real - ONLY! That is ALL the problem a striker can ever have and after how many years at UTD, learning at the feet of some of the game's best finishers, he still has the same problems. Nucca please!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2013
nani, anderson and rooney are back? goodness gracious!!!
giggs is the only clog in that wheel. he would play in the midfield again with valencia and nani starting. where's fletcher or even kagawa to help out. i don't like giggs starting any game for us. he's bad luck!

RuuDie:
Dude. . .for real - ONLY! That is ALL the problem a striker can ever have and after how many years at UTD, learning at the feet of some of the game's best finishers, he still has the same problems. Nucca please!

that's not all....
what welbeck lacks in finishing and composure he makes up in his ability to press. if welbeck presses a goalkeeper and the goalie miskicks the ball into the path of rooney and rooney passes to nani to score......would welbeck not get some credits?

-----what a zidanesque pass from anderson to chicharito!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:09pm On Jan 16, 2013
Gud we won. Credit 2 our defence n i'll give Giggs MOTM. I tink Carrick's form is depreciatin or is it fatigue?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
What did Carrick do wrong now?!!He was on the pitch for about 20 mins and kept things ticking along nicely.

Yeah, Giggs definitely rolled back the years tonight for one of his best performances in a while. Good to see but Im still hoping he retires at the end of this season.

Good to see Nani and Anderson back, hope they catch up to their best form asap.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2013
chrisley024: Gud we won. Credit 2 our defence n i'll give Giggs MOTM. I tink Carrick's form is depreciatin or is it fatigue?

You must have been watching the wrong games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2013
I no he has bin impresive so far bt d way he get bulied especialy 2ward d end of games is worisum. Cos it makes him 2 lose ball posesns leavin our bak open.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:58am On Jan 17, 2013
What are we going to do about our PK record so far. Honestly I am worried. I don't and have never felt fully confident with Rooney as designated taker, also don't have much confidence in RVP either. Its a strange problem to have, but none of the prospective candidates (Rooney, RVP, Young, Nani, Chicha, Carrick e.t.c) standout as consistent. Considering we have always had unflappable players from the spot at every point in the last 20 years (i.e Robson, Cantona, Irwin, Ruud, Saha, CR7) its unfortunate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:26am On Jan 17, 2013
coogar:
that's not all....
what welbeck lacks in finishing and composure he makes up in his ability to press. if welbeck presses a goalkeeper and the goalie miskicks the ball into the path of rooney and rooney passes to nani to score......would welbeck not get some credits?

Ok.
The only response I will give to this is - Thank God we bought RvP, thank God some more that Rooney and Hernandez are fit. . .! I just don't want to imagine a situation where Dw19 is the only available striker - na only PRESS we go dey PRESS till season end!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:30am On Jan 17, 2013
montelik: What are we going to do about our PK record so far. Honestly I am worried. I don't and have never felt fully confident with Rooney as designated taker, also don't have much confidence in RVP either. Its a strange problem to have, but none of the prospective candidates (Rooney, RVP, Young, Nani, Chicha, Carrick e.t.c) standout as consistent. Considering we have always had unflappable players from the spot at every point in the last 20 years (i.e Robson, Cantona, Irwin, Ruud, Saha, CR7) its unfortunate.

Carrick a prospective candidate? I doubt if he's taken a penalty for United before.
RVP only missed one and that was cos he tried to chip the goalie. He is the best candidate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:41am On Jan 17, 2013
Rvp is our best bet for pens. Followed by Rooney ,giggs,scholes.then Anderson,Nani
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ryan Giggs defying his age. . .

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
montelik: What are we going to do about our PK record so far. Honestly I am worried. I don't and have never felt fully confident with Rooney as designated taker, also don't have much confidence in RVP either. Its a strange problem to have, but none of the prospective candidates (Rooney, RVP, Young, Nani, Chicha, Carrick e.t.c) standout as consistent. Considering we have always had unflappable players from the spot at every point in the last 20 years (i.e Robson, Cantona, Irwin, Ruud, Saha, CR7) its unfortunate.
Giggs should have tooked yesterday,s penalty
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Giggs should have tooked yesterday,s penalty
English shisha,easy oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
Darren Fletcher unavailable for the rest of the season.
He's underwent surgery for his illness. Feel so sorry for him.
Don't think he'll be the same again.
I wish him well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
Manchester United midfielder
Darren Fletcher will be
unavailable for the remainder of
this season having undergone
surgery to resolve his Ulcerative
Colitis condition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 11:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
New contract for Giggs. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kaypumpin2(m): 1:54am On Jan 18, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Giggs should have tooked yesterday,s penalty

There is no way on earth you should use that word.No way!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2013
Coogar,

How does "tooked" fare in comparison with "childs"? I think it just knocked it off it's fucking perch! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2013
ritchboy: Coogar,

How does "tooked" fare in comparison with "childs"? I think it just knocked it off it's fucking perch! cheesy

You can tell he was only trying to be funny. grin
Arsenal fans are worse cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2013
chamotex:

You can tell he was only trying to be funny. grin
Arsenal fans are worse cheesy
**cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mr_TA: Rvp is our best bet for pens. Followed by Rooney ,giggs,scholes.then Anderson,Nani
chamotex:

Carrick a prospective candidate? I doubt if he's taken a penalty for United before.
RVP only missed one and that was cos he tried to chip the goalie. He is the best candidate.

Check it out http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/9808659/Premier-Leagues-worst-penalty-takers.html

RVP, Rooney even Young make the worst 10. I don't have confidence in RVP.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
montelik:

Check it out http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/9808659/Premier-Leagues-worst-penalty-takers.html

RVP, Rooney even Young make the worst 10. I don't have confidence in RVP.

Exactly why I said RvP is our BEST candidate.
10 out of 14 isn't bad.
And we should judge him on his United stats not adding stats from his previous club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
kay_pumpin:

There is no way on earth you should use that word.No way!
but I has useded it,what will you does to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (14204) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CallTheCops(m), A40(m), raumdeuter, nitrogen(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.