Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,498 members, 7,865,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878649 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2013
Its also looking like Real Madrid are finding their best form just before we face them in Feb. cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
n0m0705:
Common! The game wasn't that bad, our aged and slow defence wouldn't have been able to cope with spurs pace upfront if we had gone all out to attack(remember the 1st leg),thus the formation we saw today,basically to contain spurs in the middle, and they did that well. Chicharito would not fit in to that kind of formation.

the best way to defend is to attack.....
if we had given tottenham something to worry about, they wouldn't even bother with attacking us at all. fergie messed up - he gave tottenham too much respect. their biggest threat(bale) was in rafael's pocket all night. lennon was the only other danger and evra had no cover to effectively curb lennon.

with a bit of more common sense from fergie, we would have scored 2-3 goals before tottenham decided to wake up and go for it. it's baffling we had rooney, hernandez, chicharito, anderson and nani on the bench when the game kicked off. that to me is idiotic. why not stick with what had worked for us in the previous away games - why go 4-3-3 against spurs of all teams?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
Nani wasn't among the subs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
montelik: Nani wasn't among the subs.

why was nani left out of the travelling squad if fergie has any common sense?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:09am On Jan 21, 2013
Dnt know wen Nani n Fergie fallout'll end. Mayb wen Nani is sold. We were even lucky we came out wit a draw, if nt DDG saves it wuld hv bin a difrent tin. We spent most of our tym on d pitch tryin 2 contain Bale n traded our attack wich is d only tin we've dis season. I cant blive we defended truout d game against mere Spurs like they r Barca. Fergie shuld rememba dis is Man U!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 2:51am On Jan 21, 2013
coogar:

the best way to defend is to attack.....
if we had given tottenham something to worry about, they wouldn't even bother with attacking us at all. fergie messed up - he gave tottenham too much respect. their biggest threat(bale) was in rafael's pocket all night. lennon was the only other danger and evra had no cover to effectively curb lennon.

with a bit of more common sense from fergie, we would have scored 2-3 goals before tottenham decided to wake up and go for it. it's baffling we had rooney, hernandez, chicharito, anderson and nani on the bench when the game kicked off. that to me is idiotic. why not stick with what had worked for us in the previous away games - why go 4-3-3 against spurs of all teams?
You're probably right but you forgot that they have a stronger midfield(if not the best in the league), and there was no way we could have dominated that midfield,and our defence will struggle with their pace upfront, just like the 1st leg, so our best bet will still be to stifle the middle, and that we did at the expense of our attack. So it was not all bad considering spurs form, we just have to be focused on the next series of matches, which are winnable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
n0m0705:
You're probably right but you forgot that they have a stronger midfield(if not the best in the league), and there was no way we could have dominated that midfield,and our defence will struggle with their pace upfront, just like the 1st leg, so our best bet will still be to stifle the middle, and that we did at the expense of our attack. So it was not all bad considering spurs form, we just have to be focused on the next series of matches, which are winnable.
well to me,i want 2 support Coogar,Ferguson costed us the game. He shd av substituted Cleverly for Anderson,turn the game to 4-4-2 formation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
adebayo201: well to me,i want 2 support Coogar,Ferguson costed us the game. He shd av substituted Cleverly for Anderson,turn the game to 4-4-2 formation
Costed Us? WAT
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
ogbeche77: Costed Us? WAT
Hehehe opportunity cost? Rui Costa?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
adebayo201: well to me,i want 2 support Coogar,Ferguson costed us the game. He shd av substituted Cleverly for Anderson,turn the game to 4-4-2 formation

he should have subbed jones for anderson - jones was the black sheep in the team. he's a makeshift midfielder and there's no way he could play better than anderson. anderson's fresh legs in the last 10 mins would have murdered dembele and parker. the substitution didn't make any sense to me neither did the starting line up. fergie paid too much respect to tottenham and he made us lose 2 points with his back-against-the-wall football known to roy hodgson!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nobody is mentioning DDG's role in the equaliser. . .two days after.
Clattered into Vidic from behind and didn't manage to clear the ball effectively.
But Humpty-Dumpty says the error-strewn scarecrow is the best goalie in the Premier league.

Soon we'll be hearing the same old repetitive lines : He's only 22 and an excellent shot-stopper.
While he did make some crucial saves, there's no point making them when you're going to concede a dodgy goal in the last minute of stoppage time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
coogar:

he should have subbed jones for anderson - jones was the black sheep in the team. he's a makeshift midfielder and there's no way he could play better than anderson. anderson's fresh legs in the last 10 mins would have murdered dembele and parker. the substitution didn't make any sense to me neither did the starting line up. fergie paid too much respect to tottenham and he made us lose 2 points with his back-against-the-wall football known to roy hodgson!
i beg to differ! Jones was the next best midfielder in that game behind Carrick. He ensured Bale was nearly useless, and his energy was crucial, as well as compensating for Rafael & Evra, in terms of height during set-pieces. Fergie got that spot on! The only lapse in technique was maybe not replacing Cleverley with Anderson, and/or Welbeck/RVP with Hernandez in the final 10mins
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
StarBoard: Nobody is mentioning DDG's role in the equaliser. . .two days after.
Clattered into Vidic from behind and didn't manage to clear the ball effectively.
But Humpty-Dumpty says the error-strewn scarecrow is the best goalie in the Premier league.

Soon we'll be hearing the same old repetitive lines : He's only 22 and an excellent shot-stopper.
While he did make some crucial saves, there's no point making them when you're going to concede a dodgy goal in the last minute of stoppage time.
how about analysing from the point where Rafael and Valencia managed to abandon a lose ball on the right wing just before that cross came in? Ni**a please!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2013

I think he could have done better in that goal but so could 2 other players at least. So it's wrong to blame him completely for the goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
SailorXY: how about analysing from the point where Rafael and Valencia managed to abandon a lose ball on the right wing just before that cross came in? Ni**a please!

Don't you know StarBoard suffers from Myopia? The thoroughly useless Valencia he keeps supporting did nothing in attack and couldn't even clear a simple ball either, not to even mention Rafael.

The punch wasn't good enough, but in other teams if you punch the ball to an area where two of your players are in the 94th minute, you expect them to balloon that ball into row Z.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
Enough of dis slatin @ DDG. Can sum1 name a young player of his age also as gud as he is n in a top club like ManU?! Hw abt Evra dat was useless in dat game n Carrick was d 1 doin his job?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:52pm On Jan 22, 2013
chrisley024: Enough of dis slatin @ DDG. Can sum1 name a young player of his age also as gud as he is n in a top club like ManU?! Hw abt Evra dat was useless in dat game n Carrick was d 1 doin his job?
lol... I wouldn't say Evra was useless. Lennon got behind a couple of times {i can't fault Evra completely for that} but as soon as he got a yellow, it was wise tactics from Fergie instructing Carrick & Evra to swap momentarily whenever Lennon had the ball at his feet, his impact was limited from that point forward. Sir Alex cleverly dodged a red card which is vital for subsequent games undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
chrisley024: Enough of dis slatin @ DDG. Can sum1 name a young player of his age also as gud as he is n in a top club like ManU?! Hw abt Evra dat was useless in dat game n Carrick was d 1 doin his job?
I agree with you concerning evra, it seems he has no answer to Lennon pace and it is now becoming an embarrassment for him cos it is happening for the umpteen time. He has become a customer to Lennon, it's time they start benching him whenever we want to play spurs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Exactly! Finally, i blame Fergie cos he was too defensive. C'mon! y treat Spurs like they r Barca n trade our attack wich is d only weapon we've. N next time i'll nt want 2 see Jones in dat mid cos he jus too defensive n cant hold possession. I pray he doesnt end up like O'Shea; jack of all trade, master of none!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:29pm On Jan 22, 2013

I think its rather unfair solely blaming DDG for the gaol. In hindsight what would you be saying if he did'nt save any of the point blank saves he made and managed to punch the ball to row z in the occasion that led to the goal.

Anderson was the missing link in that last 10mins, Valencia is frustratingly annoying these days.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Roland17(m): 2:29am On Jan 23, 2013
@Coogar

Was letting Pogba go a good decision? that dude is talented and is proving his worth with Juve, he's walked his way into the first eleven of the Turin giants and is equally scoring goals.. i bet u SAF would be having some sort of regret and nightmares about that decision.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:08am On Jan 23, 2013
Alex was spotted in Celtic's game yesterday, could he be watching Wanyama? I hope this Wilfried Zaha will not be another "english wonderkid" undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 8:47am On Jan 23, 2013
Roland17: @Coogar

Was letting Pogba go a good decision? that dude is talented and is proving his worth with Juve, he's walked his way into the first eleven of the Turin giants and is equally scoring goals.. i bet u SAF would be having some sort of regret and nightmares about that decision.
United did not let pogba go,he insisted on leaving due to partly wage demand and mainly lack of playing time,which I think is fergie's fault. If I were in pogba's shoe I would have done same cos when you bring back a retired midfielder to come and play in ur midfield or when u decided to play a rafael in the midfield(against blackburn), any ambitious young midfielder will have to rethink his future with such team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
n0m0705:
United did not let pogba go,he insisted on leaving due to partly wage demand and mainly lack of playing time,which I think is fergie's fault. If I were in pogba's shoe I would have done same cos when you bring back a retired midfielder to come and play in ur midfield or when u decided to play a rafael in the midfield(against blackburn), any ambitious young midfielder will have to rethink his future with such team.
umph!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2013

clattered into vidic?
it seems you suffer from an eye defect. how can you blame de gea for the goal we conceded when he made about 4 saves that kept us in it till the calamity of rafael/valencia? he can only punch that ball considering the circumstances. if he punched it to corner and we conceded from it, herbs like you would still blame him for doing so.

so de gea should have conceded 3 goals instead of conceding one goal at the death of the game? you are mentally-deranged!

Roland17: @Coogar

ferguson is a complete bellend for letting pogba/morrison go.
they left because fergie broke his promise. he told them they would get first team action but fergie decided to bring scholes out of retirement. these lads saw wilshere emerge as the kingpin in the arsenal midfield while they were left to be playing reserve games. it's obvious morrison was ahead of his time as at 3 yrs ago. he's always the best player on the pitch with united reserves....he was not gaining anything again, he deserved his first team shot, same as pogba but fergie felt he could keep them down for long. i am happy they rubbed pepper in fergie's eyes. scholes/giggs have stunted the growth of many players in our squad. those 2 old fools!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ravel Morrison hasn't "rubbed pepper" into anyone's eyes. I know you love the boy, but he was and still remains a problem child.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1309988/united-open-de-gea-offers?cc=5739

I'm saying hmmmm! A tad too early to give up on DDG that's if the report is even true
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2013
montelik: Ravel Morrison hasn't "rubbed pepper" into anyone's eyes. I know you love the boy, but he was and still remains a problem child.

he became a problem because of ferguson - alex ferguson has lost the ability to manage combustible characters......his close ties with giggs/scholes should be investigated. jeeeez, those old fools have been responsible for the low growth of many of our midfielders in the last 6 yrs. giggs wants to cop 1000 appearances before he calls it a day and scholes should know by now he's past his expiry date.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
coogar:

he became a problem because of ferguson - alex ferguson has lost the ability to manage combustible characters......his close ties with giggs/scholes should be investigated. jeeeez, those old fools have been responsible for the low growth of many of our midfielders in the last 6 yrs. giggs wants to cop 1000 appearances before he calls it a day and scholes should know by now he's past his expiry date.
I don't understand why Fergie keep avoiding United's midfield re-enforcement for about 5 years now, maybe he has hopes for the young lads... but then it was a suprise to see him ignore the young lads bar Cleverley, when the opportunity presented itself. Anderson has proven himself, but he is still unable to keep up his dominating displays for 90mins{diminishes after 60-65mins}. When he gets to that level, he can easily be among the top 3 in EPL. I think Wanyama will do a decent job & make us the dreaded team we once were, and he won't cost an arm and a leg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
SailorXY: I don't understand why Fergie keep avoiding United's midfield re-enforcement for about 5 years now, maybe he has hopes for the young lads... but then it was a suprise to see him ignore the young lads bar Cleverley, when the opportunity presented itself. Anderson has proven himself, but he is still unable to keep up his dominating displays for 90mins{diminishes after 60-65mins}. When he gets to that level, he can easily be among the top 3 in EPL. I think Wanyama will do a decent job & make us the dreaded team we once were, and he won't cost an arm and a leg

fergie won't reinforce that midfield until scholes/giggs retire. fergie cannot find any fault in those 2 players even though they are more harmful than beneficial to us these days. anderson's fitness is a worry but i quite understand why he loses it around the 60th-70th min mark. he has not had a run of 12 games since he joined us. just when you thought he's having a blinder of a season, the angel of injury would strike him down and then his fitness diffuses and we are back to square one again!

fergie should have gone for yann m'vila.......wanyama is shyte! i don't see how he would fit in.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
montelik: Ravel Morrison hasn't "rubbed pepper" into anyone's eyes. I know you love the boy, but he was and still remains a problem child.
Yeah, can't blame fergie for morrison, they guy is talented but troublesome. At such young age, he has been involved in too many court case. The guy is a trouble waiting to happen, even Sam Allardyce couldn't handle him at westham and had to let him go after some months, the guy is trouble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
Please dont even talk about that thug morrison in this thread. The kid got several chances at Old trafford even when all the other youth coaches washed their hands off him Fergie was the only one should held on said said they wouldnt sell him but he never changed. He was let go to West Ham and they saw the mistake they made as well. Kid was destructive and had the totally wrong attitude. It always annoys me when these kids dont understand the type of opportunity they're given in life.This is my last time I will post about this kid again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.