Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,011 members, 7,856,071 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1761) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8851301 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) ... (14211) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

after watching rooney's lame effort in 11/12 when we squandered an 8-point lead to lose the title to citeh, SAF had had enough with the rooney experiment. he had to buy a proven striker that would deliver him his parting gift to man utd.
van persie was the best player in the league & he was unsettled at arsenal due to your perennial barrenness. SAF moved quickly, got van persie & united won the league by 11 points. rooney became peripheral & RVP became the main man.
you are a fool!
players get dropped for games that are inconsequential. the madrid game was united's biggest game that year. there's no way enriquez would drop messi in a big game.....unless of course, he wants to get rid of him!
your barrenness in the premier league has beclouded your senses. i don't expect you to argue rationally. a woman that has been barren for 12 years would most likely be in a mental hospital. grin

Utter nonsense..... Coogar, I tried to extract any useful line from your epistle above and I couldn't manage 1, the fact that you wont the title by 11 points!
SAF tried to get rid of Rooney... Common fam!!!!
By your account above, Wayne is not proven.... What did the proven strikers ( Persie and Falcao ) return last season?!!!! A few more goals and Terry would have outscored both combined!!!!
You are a disgrace to e-punditry! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
Utter nonsense... I challenge anyone here to bring me a cold blooded evidence of fact sheet that SAF wanted to get rid of Wazza!

SAF on rooney:
in the regulations, in your contract, if you write a letter and ask away or say you have asked away, you lose all your signing-on fees.

rooney has never admitted that and never put in a written transfer request, which is what he has been sore at.

when asked if he was clear that rooney had made a verbal request to leave the club, Ferguson said: "Yes, that's right."

"My memory is he asked away because, he said, he was not going to play in his proper position. I can understand that.

That's not a problem with me. I can only go on evidence on the football field. He wasn't playing well enough."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2015
sinizia:

Ed should buy Sanchez and send these wailing wailers back to their rocks. we did it with Persie, we can do it again. grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

You are bloody slubberdegullion!

Go fu..ck yourself, brainless twerp!!!!

Pls who seized this one's tricycle? Pls return it and check its nappies as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:20am On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

that's a hyperbole!
the majority of his games were still as a central midfielder. cesc had no chance in that barca team. his arrival was supposed to be an understudy to xavi & then take over from xavi.

No. I think you have forgotten so soon. The chart below shows Iniester and Pedro were only utilized as AM..... They didn't play as CM. The DM/CM were Busquet, Song, Fabregas, Xavi.

Fabregas started 30 league matches in 2012/13. He started only 7 league matches in 2013/14.

You see what I mean?

The romance between Barca and Fab was strong when Moyes went for him, honey moon stage. When Mourinho went Barca had relegated Fab to a concubine.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:21am On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

SAF on rooney:
in the regulations, in your contract, if you write a letter and ask away or say you have asked away, you lose all your signing-on fees.

rooney has never admitted that and never put in a written transfer request, which is what he has been sore at.

when asked if he was clear that rooney had made a verbal request to leave the club, Ferguson said: "Yes, that's right."

"My memory is he asked away because, he said, he was not going to play in his proper position. I can understand that.

That's not a problem with me. I can only go on evidence on the football field. He wasn't playing well enough."

He wasn't playing well enough.... That is not enough to suggest he was going to be sold or something like that!
Dude common grin grin grin
Any manager can tell his player he is not doing enough...... I don't have any concrete evidence but I can say from all information available that Rooney was never going to be discarded like a doritos wrap!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:26am On Jul 13, 2015
StarBoard:

Pls who seized this one's tricycle? Pls return it and check its nappies as well.
I like the way you are quite subtle in acknowledging that we are conversing with a less evolved species...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:26am On Jul 13, 2015
sinizia:

Elamps, had Ferguson not retired, Rooney would have been a goner. SAF had it up to here with Rooney's arrogance. Rooney's savior for not getting sold is Moyes. SAF would have sold Rooney and gotten a hot CF to replace him. If CR7 could be sold, who's Ronney?

SAF who told Rooney to go and have a rethink because he wouldnt be allowed to go? He also gave Rooney a game off. Let's not be sentimental.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:26am On Jul 13, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Utter nonsense..... Coogar, I tried to extract any useful line from your epistle above and I couldn't manage 1, the fact that you wont the title by 11 points!
SAF tried to get rid of Rooney... Common fam!!!!

By your account above, Wayne is not proven.... What did the proven strikers ( Persie and Falcao ) return last season?!!!! A few more goals and Terry would have outscored both combined!!!!
You are a disgrace to e-punditry! grin

you are a verminous cretin!

i have scooped out SAF's comments in his interview with geoff shreeves. rooney verbally asked to leave & then he was told he would lose some of his bonuses since he's the one initiating the move.

why did rooney ask to leave?
he realised he wasn't being played in his proper position & SAF wasn't going to succumb to rooney's temper tantrums. SAF had a better striker in RVP & united were beating everything put in front of them.

why did SAF play rooney out of position?
SAF said he can only go with the evidence on the football pitch & rooney wasn't playing well enough to justify his inclusion as the lead striker.

he said rooney's decision to leave was no problem to him & he can understand it. this means rooney would have left cos SAF was never going to leave RVP on the bench to make rooney play as the lead striker.

elampiro:

SAF who told Rooney to go and have a rethink because he wouldnt be allowed to go? He also gave Rooney a game off. Let's not be sentimental.

that is just newspaper talk....
SAF wasn't ever going to replace rooney with RVP. what made rooney have a rethink was the money he was going to lose for initiating a move. rooney didn't want to lose money & on the other hand, rooney was never going to replace RVP as the lead striker under SAF.

ElFenomeno1:

He wasn't playing well enough.... That is not enough to suggest he was going to be sold or something like that!

Any manager can tell his player he is not doing enough...... I don't have any concrete evidence but I can say from all information available that Rooney was never going to be discarded like a doritos wrap!

this is exactly why majority of the posters here consider you a resident simpleton! if rooney isn't playing well enough & RVP has taken his place in man utd, would rooney be satisfied being on the bench?

13/14 was the season leading to the world cup. you really think a player as big as rooney would be satisfied with playing a second fiddle to RVP. SAF's tactic was to frustrate rooney out of the club & still prevent him from taking the bonuses in his contract!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:30am On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

you are a verminous cretin!
i have scooped out SAF's comments in his interview with geoff shreeves. rooney verbally asked to leave & then he was told he would lose some of his bonuses since he's the one initiating the move.
why did rooney ask to leave?
he realised he wasn't being played in his proper position & SAF wasn't going to succumb to rooney's temper tantrums. SAF had a better striker in RVP & united were beating everything put in front of them.
why did SAF play rooney out of position?
SAF said he can only go with the evidence on the football pitch & rooney wasn't playing well enough to justify his inclusion as the lead striker.
he said rooney's decision to leave was no problem to him & he can understand it. this means rooney would have left cos SAF was never going to leave RVP on the bench to make rooney play as the lead striker.

You are being sentimental and bloody ridiculous... I will never agree with your nonsense on the Rooney matter, you know our argument on it dates back!
Rooney was much part of Fergie's plans before he left and I am sure he would have recommended the club does all it can to keep Wayne for as long as possible.
Go get yourself a drink fam!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:31am On Jul 13, 2015
SailorXY:

grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

The highest assanal can do is to buy a silvestre-esque player from our feeders team for peanuts. Assanal is market ground for potential big clubs to come in and poach their players. Man Citeh keeps buying their best players season after season. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

after watching rooney's lame effort in 11/12 when we squandered an 8-point lead to lose the title to citeh, SAF had had enough with the rooney experiment. he had to buy a proven striker that would deliver him his parting gift to man utd.

van persie was the best player in the league & he was unsettled at arsenal due to your perennial barrenness. SAF moved quickly, got van persie & united won the league by 11 points. rooney became peripheral & RVP became the main man.

you are a fool!
players get dropped for games that are inconsequential. the madrid game was united's biggest game that year. there's no way enriquez would drop messi in a big game.....unless of course, he wants to get rid of him!

your barrenness in the premier league has beclouded your senses. i don't expect you to argue rationally. a woman that has been barren for 12 years would most likely be in a mental hospital. grin

Our purchase of RVP had nothing to do with Rooney. ROONEY even got a better goals per minute played than RVP in 2011/12.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

Our purchase of RVP had nothing to do with Rooney. ROONEY even got a better goals per minute played than RVP in 2011/12.

Thank you...
School that nematode called Coogar!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:36am On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

so who prevented rooney from playing in his proper position. if we didn't buy RVP, would rooney have had any reason to complain of not being played in his proper position? if we didn't buy RVP, would rooney have been left out of the madrid game?

ElFenomeno1:

You are being sentimental and bloody ridiculous... I will never agree with your nonsense on the Rooney matter, you know our argument on it dates back!
Rooney was much part of Fergie's plans before he left and I am sure he would have recommended the club does all it can to keep Wayne for as long as possible.
Go get yourself a drink fam!

even when SAF said clearly he had no problem with rooney asking to leave? even when SAF said he had to go with the evidence on the football pitch & rooney wasn't good enough for the CF position?

you have traded your IQ for a plate of hot porridge. if you marry a simpleton like you, you would produce idïots!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 11:38am On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

that has to do with the man utd brand, nothing to do with rooney as a footballer. phil neville is now an assistant manager in valencia(they will play champions league in the coming season). carlos quieroz went from being an assistant to SAF to becoming real madrid's manager.

the brand is responsible for this. even tom cleverley had offers left & right before settling to go for everton. an ageing falcao still managed to get into chelsea fc. once you have played for united, the stock is high & the 2nd hand value never drops!

valdez is still better than any of ospina, hart, lloris, mignolet, etc. and should de gea leaves, united would get oblak & develop him to be another de gea. we turn raw materials willing to learn into world class products!

you are just being a hypocrite!

arsene wenger bought 8 players in one summer after cleverley & anderson destroyed arsenal in the famous 8-2 humiliation. 8 new signings in one summer......so why are you crying over LVG's transfer policy?

in august 2011, wenger signed....

•jekinson
•oxdale-chamberlain
•santos
•arteta
•gervinho
•metersacker
•park chu young
•thomas eisfield

pataki, remove this mask of hypocrisy! cheesy

See the hypocrite trying to label me as one! Where do I even begin from this your game of hypocrisy! You now claim playing for United is a brand, yet in your previous post, you said no-one wanted to play under Moyes. Is this about the brand or about the coach? Why don't you stick to one point and lets move on with that rather than this circumlocutory debate you enjoy playing with yourself! The days of every player wanting to play for United is long gone! Even Ramsey rejected playing for the scummies. Or should we talk about Cesc Fabregas, et al? After the days of Ferguson, tell me one player that has shone in ManU? Rooney? van Persie? Falcao? Mata? Di Maria?......and the list goes on!!!!

Wenger knows from experience, buying too many players unsettles the team! We bought those number of players after the beating we go from your team. Don't make it sound like we bought them before we played your team. And yeah, how many of them today are still playing for Arsenal in the first team today? Just THREE!

You still do not get it! United will NOT win any league title in years to come! Go and quote me anytime!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:40am On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

Are you not reading Coogar's excerpts? Coogar has been uprooting SAF's words on Rooney. SAF would had sold Rooney if he had continued as Man Utd's boss. The enemity between them was glaring.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:40am On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

even when SAF said clearly he had no problem with rooney asking to leave? even when SAF said he had to go with the evidence on the football pitch & rooney wasn't good enough for the CF position?
you have traded your IQ with a plate of porridge. if you marry a simpleton like you, you would produce idïots!
SAF is too big to go sprawling and tugging the shirt of any player to stay..... of course he will tell the world he has no qualms if Wazza wants to go!
All the poppycocks you are spewing here can not be substantiated and proven
You are simply trying in vain to put this and that together........ I am not having it
Dude pack it and stop beefing that fat scouser!
Fu..cking donut grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

SAF is too big to go sprawling and tugging the shirt of any player to stay.....
All the poppycocks you are spewing here can not be substantiated and proven
You are simply trying in vain to put this and that together........ I am not having it
Dude pack it and stop beefing that fat scouser!
Fu..cking donut grin

you are a fool!
i am sure if your head gets opened for a lobotomy, they will find indomie noodles in your cranial cavity instead of brain cells. SAF was done with the rooney project....buying van persie was always going to cause a friction with rooney.

RVP became the darling media.
he was the one doing the scoring with rooney being relegated to a mere spectator. he was never going to feel comfy with that situation - so SAF had it planned tactically!

Pataki:

See the hypocrite trying to label me as one! Where do I even begin from this your game of hypocrisy! You now claim playing for United is a brand, yet in your previous post, you said no-one wanted to play under Moyes. Is this about the brand or about the coach? Why don't you stick to one point and lets move on with that rather than this circumlocutory debate you enjoy playing with yourself! The days of every player wanting to play for United is long gone! Even Ramsey rejected playing for the scummies. Or should we talk about Cesc Fabregas, et al? After the days of Ferguson, tell me one player that has shone in ManU? Rooney? van Persie? Falcao? Mata? Di Maria?......and the list goes on!!!!

who is ramsey?
ramsey knew he wouldn't even have had a career if he had joined united in 2008 circa. he went for the easier option. small fish in a small pond.

since he decided to play for arsenal, he had missed out on 3 league titles & a champions league trophy to boot! it's his loss, nobody would remember ramsey ever played football after 3 years of his retirement.

Wenger knows from experience, buying too many players unsettles the team! We bought those number of players after the beating we go from your team. Don't make it sound like we bought them before we played your team. And yeah, how many of them today are still playing for Arsenal in the first team today? Just THREE!
You still do not get it! United will NOT win any league title in years to come! Go and quote me anytime!!

wenger knows nothing!
if you are going to reference anyone concerning football, please leave wenger out of it. he lacks the football nous to lecture anyone on football matters. he's a dinosaur & he will never win in europe or lift the premier league ever again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2015
Nawa o. Man Utd fan base don triple. This semi noisy thread has become a market place.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 11:46am On Jul 13, 2015
whats with all the trolling?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 11:48am On Jul 13, 2015
Stat: Morgan Schneiderlin has the most tackles and interceptions (626) in the PL from 2012-2015. 2nd is Pablo Zabaleta (521). [whoscored]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:51am On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

No. I think you have forgotten so soon. The chart below shows Iniester and Pedro were only utilized as AM..... They didn't play as CM. The DM/CM were Busquet, Song, Fabregas,

Fabregas started 30 league matches in 2012/13. He started only 7 league matches in 2013/14.

You see what I mean?

The romance between Barca and Fab was strong when Moyes went for him, honey moon stage. When Mourinho went Barca had relegated Fab to a concubine.

that picture doesn't say where iniesta played predominantly. it just listed the number of positions he played that season. i have the OPTA positions of barca's games in that season & more than half of iniesta's games that season were in the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:53am On Jul 13, 2015
Pataki:

Another lame excuse. Le POOF bought those ridiculous number of wackos, whether it's before or after you got ra*ped 8-2 is none of our business.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2015
Lol!! Real Madrid be forming smarty. They've made Ramos their new captain, an attempt to stop him from leaving, and them be coming for De gea like a boss. Van Gaal must not let De gea join them this season(unless for a fee above £35M), even if it means losing him on free next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
UniqueGem:
Lol!! Real Madrid be forming smarty. They've made Ramos their new captain, an attempt to stop him from leaving, and them be coming for De gea like a boss. Van Gaal must not let De gea join them this season(unless for a fee above £35M), even if it means losing him on free next season.

Losing him for free is not a fair deal. 35 million pounds should be enough and then we buy another keeper or stick with Valdez.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
Man Utd fans holding back Ed woodward from signing more players.......

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
sinizia:

Another lame excuse. Le POOF bought those ridiculous number of wackos, whether it's before or after you got ra*ped 8-2 is none of our business.

Stop quoting me you this e-nuisance! In real life, you should be in one corner serving punishment on your knees, raising your hands, closing your eyes for that silly gaffe of yours that Ferguson tried to sell Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

Alex Ferguson: Wayne Rooney will not be sold - 'you have my word'

Friday 08 March 2013
"He will be here next year, you have my word on that," he said. "There is no issue between myself and Wayne Rooney. To suggest we don't talk is nonsense.

"He understood the reasons completely. Tactically we got it right. We don't always but we did then. "There are no issues with the player and he will be involved on Sunday.

"I left out Shinji Kagawa after he scored a hat-trick. I thought I would get more stick for that."
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/alex-ferguson-wayne-rooney-will-not-be-sold--you-have-my-word-8526003.html

Wayne Rooney: Sir Alex Ferguson says
striker was not keen to play
13 May 2013
"I don't think Wayne was keen to play, simply
because he has asked for a transfer," Ferguson
added.
Asked whether the England international will stay
at the club, Ferguson told the BBC: "It's not my
decision now."
However Ferguson earlier told Sky Sports: "We
are not going to let him go."

Ferguson added: "I think he should go away and
think it over again.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/22502958
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
sinizia:

Losing him for free is not a fair deal. 35 million pounds should be enough and then we buy another keeper or stick with Valdez.
Either its a straight swap with Ramos or they pay £35M. If not, they'd better prepare for a long season with keylor navas. Trust Ed on this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
^ ^ ^

Thanks for that Elampiro.

That troglodyte called Coogar will still come here and rubbish the above!

His hatred for Rooney has be-clouded his judgement and tarred his sense of reasoning and objectivity! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ed the Bully...
Ed Woodward taking the frame off the transfer window and beating everyone with it... then breaking the window with the frame.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
More Like It
At this rate Ed Woodward might just buy the premiership trophy itself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1758) (1759) (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) ... (14211) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ChristineC, chrisley024(m), Santos07 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.