Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8834268 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
42 million for Benteke?? Kini?? Kilode??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

these opta presumed starting formation are mostly wrong when tested with the actual.

you are correct!
david villa must have played as a midfielder in those games & iniesta played as a forward. grin

elampiro:

Rooney never complained about not paying the number 9. He was angry when he didnt play the number 10 against Madrid.
Rooney was assigned defensive duty in Madrid. Rooney has the best record in UCL knockout games for the club, but was assigned to assist Rafael to stop Ronaldo and Di Maria. When it didnt go down well with Rooney, SAF had to prove a point by playing Giggs.
Madrid was not going to be the must important game if Nani was not sent off. There would have been more important games for sure.
Lastly most of you guys posts are assumptions. Same assumptions that Rooney would be sold by Van Gaal. This is two years on.

rooney
‘I didn’t feel like I got a consistent run of games up front, ‘I actually felt when I played in midfield I did OK, but I didn’t want to play there.

Everyone at the club knew that’s where I wanted to play (up front) and that’s why I was disappointed because I got told to play in midfield and I didn’t want to. But I’d always go in and try to help the team, so I think there had to come a point where for my own career I had to be a bit selfish."

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lool! We signed Schneiderlin and this thread went forward by 6 pages in under 15 hrs....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Tiger

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

you are correct!
david villa must have played as a midfielder in those games & iniesta played as a forward. grin

Lol

Maybe if I cross check whoscored, I would see the real formation. Not the 3-4-3 I dey see for here so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

Lol

Maybe if I cross check whoscored, I would see the real formation. Not the 3-4-3 I dey see for here so.

go and check anything you wanna check. if you are suggesting one of messi/villa/pedro played in the midfield & iniesta played as a forward then there's no point in me arguing who played where.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

you are correct!

rooney
‘I didn’t feel like I got a consistent run of games up front, ‘I actually felt when I played in midfield I did OK, but I didn’t want to play there.

Everyone at the club knew that’s where I wanted to play (up front) and that’s why I was disappointed because I got told to play in midfield and I didn’t want to. But I’d always go in and try to help the team, so I think there had to come a point where for my own career I had to be a bit selfish."

No . Rooney has a habit of interwovening the number 9 and 10 as upfront in his numerous interview. Just as Gaal does a similar thing when he calls the number 4 number, vice versa.

Rooney still played 'upfront' behind Van Persie under Moyes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
I can't even believe someone would argue SAF didn't want to sell Rooney, especially coming from those retarde*d assanal moro*ns. If not for Moyes, Rooney would've been playing his matches in Ligue 1 with PSG, or in La Liga with either Madrid or Barca. undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

No . Rooney has a habit of interwovening the number 9 and 10 as upfront in his numerous interview. Just as Gaal does a similar thing when he calls the number 4 number, vice versa.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

So Rooney suddenly becomes a football illiterate that cant interprete his positions? shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
StarBoard:
This one is trying to troll, not realizing he is raving like a lun.atic.

Learn from Tval.

cry me a river
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
sinizia:
I can't even believe someone would argue SAF didn't want to sell Rooney, especially coming from those retarde*d assanal moro*ns. If not for Moyes, Rooney would've been playing his matches in Ligue 1 with PSG, or in La Liga with either Madrid or Barca. undecided undecided

So you doubt SAF himself? Pls drop sentiments.

Did you not also believe Gaal would sell him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
bigkesh:

cry me a river
Try making sense before you post.
You for try small.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney never complained about not paying the number 9. He was angry when he didnt play the number 10 against Madrid.

Rooney was assigned defensive duty in Madrid. Rooney has the best record in UCL knockout games for the club, but was assigned to assist Rafael to stop Ronaldo and Di Maria. When it didnt go down well with Rooney, SAF had to prove a point by playing Giggs.

Madrid was not going to be the must important game if Nani was not sent off. There would have been more important games for sure.

Lastly most of you guys posts are assumptions. Same assumptions that Rooney would be sold by Van Gaal. This is two years on.

These are Rooney's quotes after DM took over:

Wayne Rooney: Sir Alex Ferguson treatment made me want to quit Manchester United

Wayne Rooney has lifted the lid on his dissatisfaction with life at Manchester United, revealing he fell out with Sir Alex Ferguson after being asked to play out of position.

But the striker, preparing for England’s World Cup qualifier with Montenegro tomorrow, insists he is now settled at Old Trafford with David Moyes, Ferguson’s successor, giving him a settled place in the side.

Rooney looked poised to leave the Premier League champions in the summer, with Chelsea keen to make a move and Ferguson suggesting the striker had asked to leave at the end of last season.

Eventually United made it clear they would not sell but Rooney, despite starting the season in fine form, had refused to discuss his feelings on the matter until now.

But, speaking yesterday, he revealed Ferguson’s deployment of him in midfield was the main issue.

‘I didn’t feel like I got a consistent run of games upfront [last season],’ he explained.

‘I actually felt when I played in midfield I did okay, but I didn’t want to play there.

‘everyone at the club knew that’s where I wanted to play and I think that’s why I was disappointed because I got told to play in midfield.

‘I didn’t want to, but I’d always go in and try to help the team. [But] THERE HAD TO COME A POINT WHERE, FOR MY OWN CAREER, I HAD TO BE A BIT SELFISH.’

But back upfront under Moyes the 27-year-old made it clear he no longer has any desire to move on.

‘David Moyes has come in, he’s playing me upfront and I’m enjoying it,’ he added. ‘I’m happy.’

That was in October 2013. His major complain was not been played upfront but in the midfield. How can you now say his only complain was because he didn't play no 10 role against Madrid?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/09/wayne-rooney-sir-alex-ferguson-treatment-made-me-want-to-quit-manchester-united-4141245/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
Another timely reminder for the haters. cool cool cool grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
sinizia:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

So Rooney suddenly becomes a football illiterate that cant interprete his positions? shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

Upfront doesn't mean the number 9 in all cases.

Gaal is also not an illiterate. He calls Carrick and Blind number 6.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool! We signed Schneiderlin and this thread went forward by 6 pages in under 15 hrs....
Thanks to haters and trolls.
I can understand Chelsea fans. But coming from fans of a club that can't win the Champions league is what baffles me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
StarBoard:
Try making sense before you post. You for try small.

Boring....... is that all you can do?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
StarBoard:
Try making sense before you post. You for try small.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

So you doubt SAF himself? Pls drop sentiments.

Did you not also believe Gaal would sell him?

I knew Van Gaal wouldn't sell him na. He made Rooney his captain, the fulcrum of the team, why would he sell Rooney for the time being?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

Rooney still played 'upfront' behind Van Persie under Moyes.

so you mean rooney playing in the hole is now upfront? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
bigkesh:

Get the message.
Your trolling is rubbish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
tess1:

These are Rooney's quotes after DM took over:

Wayne Rooney: Sir Alex Ferguson treatment made me want to quit Manchester United

Wayne Rooney has lifted the lid on his dissatisfaction with life at Manchester United, revealing he fell out with Sir Alex Ferguson after being asked to play out of position.

But the striker, preparing for England’s World Cup qualifier with Montenegro tomorrow, insists he is now settled at Old Trafford with David Moyes, Ferguson’s successor, giving him a settled place in the side.

Rooney looked poised to leave the Premier League champions in the summer, with Chelsea keen to make a move and Ferguson suggesting the striker had asked to leave at the end of last season.

Eventually United made it clear they would not sell but Rooney, despite starting the season in fine form, had refused to discuss his feelings on the matter until now.

But, speaking yesterday, he revealed Ferguson’s deployment of him in midfield was the main issue.

‘I didn’t feel like I got a consistent run of games upfront [last season],’ he explained.

‘I actually felt when I played in midfield I did okay, but I didn’t want to play there.

‘everyone at the club knew that’s where I wanted to play and I think that’s why I was disappointed because I got told to play in midfield.

‘I didn’t want to, but I’d always go in and try to help the team. [But] THERE HAD TO COME A POINT WHERE, FOR MY OWN CAREER, I HAD TO BE A BIT SELFISH.’

But back upfront under Moyes the 27-year-old made it clear he no longer has any desire to move on.

‘David Moyes has come in, he’s playing me upfront and I’m enjoying it,’ he added. ‘I’m happy.’

That was in October 2013. His major complain was not been played upfront but in the midfield. How can you now say his only complain was because he didn't play no 10 role against Madrid?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/09/wayne-rooney-sir-alex-ferguson-treatment-made-me-want-to-quit-manchester-united-4141245/

This should tell you he was talking about the number 10. Moyes played Rooney behind Van Persie. Rooney granted this interview when he was our number 10 and he was happy.

Under SAF he played in wing, CM in 2012/13
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
Schneiderlin Confirmed!
I'm going full muppet!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

Upfront doesn't mean the number 9 in all cases.

Gaal is also not an illiterate. He calls Carrick and Blind number 6.

Amnesia comes with age, Gaal is old, he can be pardoned, Rooney is still mentally fit. He knew what he's saying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
elampiro:

This should tell you he was talking about the number 10. Moyes played Rooney behind Van Persie. Rooney granted this interview when he was our number 10 and he was happy.

Under SAF he played in wing, CM in 2012/13

in which games did rooney play as a CM in 12/13? why are you twisting the facts? do you know the meaning of upfront or are you just trolling as usual?

sinizia:

Amnesia comes with age, Gaal is old, he can be pardoned, Rooney is still mentally fit. He knew what he's saying.

van gaal can be pardoned - english isn't his mother-tongue. however, to suggest rooney wouldn't know the meaning of upfront as an englishman is outrightly ridiculous.

rooney was jealous of the hype van persie was getting as the lead striker. he was in the hole in 12/13(contrary to his position in 11/12) when he was upfront and scored plenty of goals for us.

this was why he used the word selfish. he wants to play in a position where his name would constantly grace the headlines. don't mind elampiro trying to teach an englishman how to use english!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
darefestus:
Schneiderlin Confirmed!
I'm going full muppet!!!!
Bro keep calm.

the way we were complaining a few days ago, one would have thought we were not going to sign anybody. The European window is only 13 days old and we've made 3 great signings. Hopefully Woodward doesn't get complacent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
logged on NL MAN-UTD THREAD.......realized i've missed a lot cause i was like 5 to 6 pages behind.......started reading posts just to realize.........some lame chelsea and arsenal fans beefing us on our progress in our own home.........not what i expected tho........but since we are the most entertaining, versatile, intriguing, fantastic, elating thread on NL.......i guessed we had to entertain some jealousy, hate, admirers, fake analysts........ Buh no probs the room is big for all.......HOPE YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
Manchester United sign France midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Morgan Schneiderlin has completed his transfer from Southampton. Morgan joins on a four-year contract with the option to extend for a further year

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
sinizia:

I knew Van Gaal wouldn't sell him na. He made Rooney his captain, the fulcrum of the team, why would he sell Rooney for the time being?

Go back and read this thread when Gaal was appointed as United coach, comments upon comments on how Rooney would be sold with immediate effect and automatic alacrity.

For the he made Rooney captain was enough to stop people from assuming things.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
coogar:

so you mean rooney playing in the hole is now upfront? grin
there are two positions upfront.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
leggo:
Tiger

where's raumdeuter & other bayern fans? they should be ashamed schweinsteiger chose to play for man utd over that their yeye club. bastian was offered a contract, he turned it down and chose us instead!

elampiro:

there are two positions upfront.

in a 4-2-3-1 formation, how can you have 2 positions upfront? are you suggesting united played 4-4-2 in 12/13 season? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
sinizia:

Our coach. Amnesia. Abeg o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1760) (1761) (1762) (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.