Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,628 members, 7,847,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8829516 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2685) (2686) (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) ... (14206) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
Dadehmola:

What kinda comparison is this??

Was Benitez sacked because of Madrid's early season form?

Last time I checked, zidane was appointed to steady the sinking ship and so far, he has done that well. - the stats you uploaded is a testament to that effect! !

Which means that the expectations woulda been different....

Unlike Zidane, Giggs wouldn't be mandated to challenge for the league title, neither would he be under pressure to do well in the UCL.

If Giggs had taken over in December, I believe the remaining 5 months of the season woulda been enough to determine if he should be considered for the Job on a permanent basis or not.

shocked shocked shocked @bolded: so, you still want a ManUtd that would comfortably NOT compete for the league / UCL title?

I think you just justified why Giggs shouldn't be appointed. We no longer want a patch, fix and build manager. We want one that guarantees success and Giggs isn't that man.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
Dadehmola:

What are you saying??

If Mou took over from LVG in December, are you telling me he woulda been mandated to challenge for the EPL & go far in the champions league this season??

Kindly go back and read my posts carefully!

the only part I agree with is where you said Giggs should have taken over in December and if that's what your post is all about then no problem

Carry on
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
SetrakusRa:

shocked shocked shocked @bolded: so, you still want a ManUtd that would comfortably NOT compete for the league / UCL title?

I think you just justified why Giggs shouldn't be appointed. We no longer want a patch, fix and build manager. We want one that guarantees success and Giggs isn't that man.

I made reference to what coulda happened this season, if Giggs had taken over.

Read and follow the posts carefully...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
Seeing Blind bomb forward with confidence shows Van Goat is a móron for making this MF our LCB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
This Depay is a fraud.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
Schneiderlin always attempting long passes that NEVER meet its target. SMH!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
SetrakusRa:

Do you want 1-2 season success and start all over again from scratch in season 3!!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
What's herrera's best position biko??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2016
Dadehmola:
What's herrera's best position biko??
CM.....iThink!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
This Borthwick-jackson no sabi roll on the floor and get this rugby players sent off. Olodo oshi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
We are playing with our dinner.

The dinner go soon surprise us with one carefully constructed lucky mistake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:18pm On Feb 22, 2016
In many regards, I agree with Dahdemola... I have always said that UTD, post-SAF, had a five or six season window without on-field success before any sort of slump starts to show in our financial or global marketing appeal status. I don't have any tangible proof by way of stats or numbers but I think it is still clear to see that we are still up there making money even in this not-so-pleasant times. It was always a case of restlessness and perhaps over-zealousness of some fans and media that needed to be curbed or frankly over-looked. David Moyes should never have been sacked!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
RuuDie:

Do you want 1-2 season success and start all over again from scratch in season 3!!?

Before i answer this, Do you want to continue like this and turn to Liverpool that sees a Europa league spot as success?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
Where is that fella UTD bought from Bayern Munich!!?

undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
SetrakusRa:

Before i answer this, Do you want to continue like this and turn to Liverpool that sees a Europa league spot as success?

I don't believe we can be like Liverpool (or Leeds)... and I can shed more light!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
Dadehmola:

I made reference to what coulda happened this season, if Giggs had taken over.

Read and follow the posts carefully...

true that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Smalling scores. This goal is very weird. LOL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Goal! Smalling cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
Smalling!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 9:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
RuuDie:

I don't believe we can be like Liverpool (or Leeds)... and I can shed more light!

we all know giggs doesn't have any master tactic that'll just pop-up some trophies.

Am ok with Giggs, but he's another gamble we can't afford to take RIGHT NOW. David Moyes and LvG couldn't do it, what makes less interesting Giggs different? Lets no be sentimental.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
Fúck you Schneiderlin!! If only you feigned pain, that rugby player would have been sent off!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
Mata man of the match. The nigga dey ball well tonight. Wow!! What a goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
MATA! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
Mata! Freekick!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
If we had lost tonight, i'm sure LVG wont ve woken up tomorrow to still be United manager...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
The 1-2 that led to the freekick dey scatter my dada. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 9:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
I am not sure that mata goal should have been allowed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
SetrakusRa:

we all know giggs doesn't have any master tactic that'll just pop-up some trophies.

Am ok with Giggs, but he's another gamble we can't afford to take RIGHT NOW. David Moyes and LvG couldn't do it, what makes less interesting Giggs different? Lets no be sentimental.

I never said appoint Giggs per se. But whoever it is, should be one to stay long-term whatever the results. Even LVG can be given another 2 season, I don't care!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
If we had lost tonight, i'm sure LVG wont ve woken up tomorrow to still be United manager...
he would have remained the coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2016
RuuDie:

Even LVG can be given another 2 season, I don't care!
ehmm...this is a Manchester united fan thread...I'm not sure you're one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
chrisley024:
he would have remained the coach.

right bro..evev if he lost 5 straight games..even if we drop out of Europa this week,he'd still b d gaffer...

greedy cvnts controlling my beloved club..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2016
RuuDie:
Where is that fella UTD bought from Bayern Munich!!?

undecided

Lol. Na night market you come buy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2685) (2686) (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) ... (14206) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ovoP(m), Mrviktor(m), Ijustwantto and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.