Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878033 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
elampiro: 26 penalties, scored 18.

Lampard has a remarkable conversion rate. He has scored 48 out of 54.

Calculate both percentages and lets see
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Calculate both percentages and lets see

What is the need of the percentage to the topic at hand? Lampard is one of the best penalty takers ever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
Tevez off to Juventus.

Manchester City has agreed on a transfer fee with Juventus for striker Carlos Tevez, Goal has confirmed.

The Serie A champions will pay 10 million pounds for the Argentine forward with an extra 5 million pounds to be paid if Juventus wins the league and reaches the Champions League semifinals next season. Sky Sports Italy first reported the two sides reaching an agreement on Tuesday.

Real Madrid and AC Milan are both monitoring the situation and City thinks Massimiliano Allegri's men may counter with an offer of their own. However, Milan admitted it may need to sell before it can buy this summer.

Tevez has endured a controversial time at Manchester City since moving from rival United in 2009. Despite helping the club win both the Premier League and the FA Cup during his stay at the Etihad, the striker also spent five months out of the team after clashing with Roberto Mancini during a Champions League match.

Tevez eventually returned to action for City and was the club's joint top goalscorer last season, with Sergio Aguero, scoring 17 goals from 47 appearances.

Juventus, meanwhile, has also agreed terms with Gonazalo Higuain but looks set to miss out on the Real Madrid man after Arsenal officials flew to Madrid to finalize a deal. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manchester-city-agrees-juventus-fee-202000173--sow.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
^^bros make I no lie, this news no concern us cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
SailorXY: ^^bros make I no lie, this news no concern us cheesy

elampiro is a troll.
i wonder why the news about man city and juventus concern man utd. using an online forum must be a new experience to lampbot!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
SailorXY: ^^bros make I no lie, this news no concern us cheesy
lol

Guess you will like this kind of speculation in Spanish and British media.

Barca are rumoured to be willing to offer £30m + Thiago for Rooney.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
coogar:

elampiro is a troll.
i wonder why the news about man city and juventus concern man utd. using an online forum must be a new experience to lampbot!

Nairaland is an online medium and is free for all. What is more,I don't think it's anyone's place to question what another should or shouldn't post. You can shut your eyes if you aren't cool with it.

On a serious note Coogar, your penchant for cussing people is becoming rather nauseating.Do you even read what you post? I believe you are a learned adult but the language in your posts assault people's sensibilities

Please watch your language when you address others. You don't need to cuss for folks take you seriously.

PS : This is a football thread and YOU DO NOT KNOW IT ALL. If you did, you'd be in the dugout at Old Trafford. Please accept constructive criticism and quit turning this thread into a juvenile class.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hugoboi:

Nairaland is an online medium and is free for all. What is more,I don't think it's anyone's place to question what another should or shouldn't post. You can shut your eyes if you aren't cool with it.

On a serious note Coogar, your penchant for cussing people is becoming rather nauseating.Do you even read what you post? I believe you are a learned adult but the language in your posts assault people's sensibilities

Please watch your language when you address others. You don't need to cuss for folks take you seriously.

PS : This is a football thread and YOU DO NOT KNOW IT ALL. If you did, you'd be in the dugout at Old Trafford. Please accept constructive criticism and quit turning this thread into a juvenile class.
Your comment ll call for more bad blood..You should have left elampiro & coogar alone,they ain't new to one another,be it curse or otherwise...and again the news elampiro posted is'nt in anyway related to utd,was thinking it was an update on Thiago,only to end up being disappointed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
£30m+Thiago for Rooney? I'll take that deal 8 days a week, if Barca is that silly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ogbeche77: Your comment ll call for more bad blood..You should have left elampiro & coogar alone,they ain't new to one another,be it curse or otherwise...and again the news elampiro posted is'nt in anyway related to utd,was thinking it was an update on Thiago,only to end up being disappointed
more bad blood?? Shud der even be any bad blood?? Shey we dey collect money for here ni, wey go dey cause am?? Agreed dt elampiro's post was a lil off-point, bt like hugoboi pointed out, dis is a public forum where views, not insults r to be aired and shared. Ofcourse, arguments and disagreements r bound to happen, bt dey shud be devoid of insults. He prolly went thru d thread, and twas filled with unnecesary insults and meaningless tirades, rada dan constructive arguments. D funniest thing is that, some pple r even scared of sharing der opinions here, cos of d fear of insults. Too bad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 5:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
dademola: more bad blood?? Shud der even be any bad blood?? Shey we dey collect money for here ni, wey go dey cause am?? Agreed dt elampiro's post was a lil off-point, bt like hugoboi pointed out, dis is a public forum where views, not insults r to be aired and shared. Ofcourse, arguments and disagreements r bound to happen, bt dey shud be devoid of insults. He prolly went thru d thread, and twas filled with unnecesary insults and meaningless tirades, rada dan constructive arguments. D funniest thing is that, some pple r even scared of sharing der opinions here, cos of d fear of insults. Too bad

grin grin

Coogar the madt dog has got you all gagged! tongue cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hugoboi:

shut your traps, hugoboi!

you must be rectocranially inverted!
if everyone goes on the net to lift every football article and post it here, it would be chaos. this is not the first time lampbot was warned to only post united-related stories here. who cares about tevez and man city? is it our business here?

shut the fück up, you bulimic toad!
posting an article unrelated to man utd on this thread is derailing it. if lampbot cannot be told to act accordingly even when he's doing wrong then everyone supporting man utd is irresponsible. if the mods see that article there, they would hide it or move it to the appropriate section!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
nitlad:

grin grin

mad dog
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
nitlad:

grin grin

thunder fire your pot-belly and your rickets.....you won't go to your thread and hold fort, busybody. if you paid the same attention on this thread to your football season, chelsea would have won the league by 20 points!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
dademola: mad dog

Trust me wink

coogar: thunder fire your pot-belly and your rickets.....

grin grin

Oloshi, thunder faya your ponmo lips too.

you won't go to your thread and hold fort, busybody. if you paid the same attention on this thread to your football season, chelsea would have won the league by 20 points!

... But we are going to win it for the next 3 seasons at least! cool

tongue tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wen cooger 1st insulted me here, i was so suprised cos i didnt see it coming, bt wen i visited him in his fada's house in enugu, and i witnessed d way he insulted his parents( believe me, ts worse dan wot he does here), i knew wotsup. Derz no insult cooger wld post here dt wld b as bad as d ones he dishes out to his parents regularly, so i can say dt derz noin he wld say to me here dt wld get to me. He nids ur prayers, encouragement and understanding. #enofsed#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
dademola: Wen cooger 1st insulted me here, i was so suprised cos i didnt see it coming, bt wen i visited him in his fada's house in enugu, and i witnessed d way he insulted his parents( believe me, ts worse dan wot he does here), i knew wotsup. Derz no insult cooger wld post here dt wld b as bad as d ones he dishes out to his parents regularly, so i can say dt derz noin he wld say to me here dt wld get to me. He nids ur prayers, encouragement and understanding. #enofsed#

you are really sure it was me you saw in enugu? may thunder scatter your cornea!

nitlad:
Trust me wink
grin grin
Oloshi, thunder faya your ponmo lips too.
... But we are going to win it for the next 3 seasons at least! cool

tongue tongue

win fire?
you won't do better than 3rd or 4th.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Brisingr(m): 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
dademola: more bad blood?? Shud der even be any bad blood?? Shey we dey collect money for here ni, wey go dey cause am?? Agreed dt elampiro's post was a lil off-point, bt like hugoboi pointed out, dis is a public forum where views, not insults r to be aired and shared. Ofcourse, arguments and disagreements r bound to happen, bt dey shud be devoid of insults. He prolly went thru d thread, and twas filled with unnecesary insults and meaningless tirades, rada dan constructive arguments. D funniest thing is that, some pple r even scared of sharing der opinions here, cos of d fear of insults. Too bad
lwkmd peeps beware of the coogar treatment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
coogar:

shut your traps, hugoboi!

you must be rectocranially inverted!
if everyone goes on the net to lift every football article and post it here, it would be chaos. this is not the first time lampbot was warned to only post united-related stories here. who cares about tevez and man city? is it our business here?

shut the fück up, you bulimic toad!
posting an article unrelated to man utd on this thread is derailing it. if lampbot cannot be told to act accordingly even when he's doing wrong then everyone supporting man utd is irresponsible. if the mods see that article there, they would hide it or move it to the appropriate section!

I rest my case. $100 says Coogar is actually an 18 year old!!!.....Heck even an 18 year would show more decency. I'm not gonna indulge this keypad terrorist by sparring with him. Coogar abeg shift!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
coogar: win fire?
you won't do better than 3rd or 4th.

Mi o gbo ri...

I know you are already shivering and shitting your pants because of the all-conquering campaign Chelsea is about to embark upon! cool

tongue tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hugoboi:
I rest my case. $100 says Coogar is actually an 18 year old!!!.....Heck even an 18 year would show more decency. I'm not gonna indulge this keypad terrorist by sparring with him. Coogar abeg shift!

hugoboi, you are a toad!
everyone is a child in your eyes, you possess the characteristics of a statutory räpist!

nitlad:
Mi o gbo ri...

I know you are already shivering and shitting your pants because of the all-conquering campaign Chelsea is about to embark upon! cool

tongue tongue

you finished 6th 2 seasons ago, you finished 3rd last season. things are not looking great. manchester rules!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
coogar:
you finished 6th 2 seasons ago, you finished 3rd last season. things are not looking great.

6th to 3rd is a huge improvement. Jumping 3 places?! shocked

To reach first, we only have to leapfrog 2 teams on the wane cheesy

manchester rules!

The Happy One is around to rein-in Manchester!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
A social forum is like a class, when you enter you become same with everyone in the class/house. But housemates/class mates are meant to treat one another with respect and dignity. Some people here adopted insulting method in order to try and bully or intimidate others out of arguments. There are some other reasons some people will chose to insult. People should be able to separate insults from jokes. There is little or no joke on this thread at all.

Insult is the reason why this place is dry. I can bet that. Not everyone can take it. Imagine some people are parents who have kids, some are bank managers with intelligent graduates working under them, some are business people with adult employees, some are medical doctors, oil workers etc. They have not been disrespected for many years, the don't know the meaning of insults and they have never on their part insulted people in recent years because of their status. Now they come to nairaland and someone hide behind a social forum to insult them. I am sure many quietly walked away. When you get to meet some nairalanders face to face you will wonder why on earth you wasted so much time and energy debating unnecessarily.

It is always said that two wrongs cannot make a right, once you realize as a human being people are dragging you to a level you shouldn't be, you have to respect yourself and maintain your principles and dignity. This is the reason a lot of people have stayed away. Are you going to drag yourself to the level of someone who takes delight in insulting people by continuously exchanging insults with him? Some are so intolerant of other people's ideas. Some feel the thread belongs to them and as such they must dictate its direction and ideology.

Here some people have tried to laughed at me that I joined nairaland only recently, some have called me a newbie, some said I am new to online forum. Don't these people know it is possible to check when someone joined an online forum? Don't they know it is possible to check someone participation in a forum by checking on the history of his posts from his profile? Funny, I joined nairaland before many people here. I have even been called a houseboy cheesy . Why do we have the impression that we are more knowledgeable, better, higher or wealthy than the man at the other side? Only last year I met two nairalanders whom I had a high opinion of based on their postings and they were belittling me, but at the end it was like ""oh! I have been wasting my time all the while, I should have just left them to their ideas and the way they see life based on their lack of life experience and exposure"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 10:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
elampiro: A social forum is like a class, when you enter you become same with everyone in the class/house. But housemates/class mates are meant to treat one another with respect and dignity. Some people here adopted insulting method in order to try and bully or intimidate others out of arguments. There are some other reasons some people will chose to insult. People should be able to separate insults from jokes. There is little or no joke on this thread at all.

Insult is the reason why this place is dry. I can bet that. Not everyone can take it. Imagine some people are parents who have kids, some are bank managers with intelligent graduates working under them, some are business people with adult employees, some are medical doctors, oil workers etc. They have not been disrespected for many years, the don't know the meaning of insults and they have never on their part insulted people in recent years because of their status. Now they come to nairaland and someone hide behind a social forum to insult them. I am sure many quietly walked away. When you get to meet some nairalanders face to face you will wonder why on earth you wasted so much time and energy debating unnecessarily.

It is always said that two wrongs cannot make a right, once you realize as a human being people are dragging you to a level you shouldn't be, you have to respect yourself and maintain your principles and dignity. This is the reason a lot of people have stayed away. Are you going to drag yourself to the level of someone who takes delight in insulting people by continuously exchanging insults with him? Some are so intolerant of other people's ideas. Some feel the thread belongs to them and as such they must dictate its direction and ideology.

Here some people have tried to laughed at me that I joined nairaland only recently, some have called me a newbie, some said I am new to online forum. Don't these people know it is possible to check when someone joined an online forum? Don't they know it is possible to check someone participation in a forum by checking on the history of his posts from his profile? Funny, I joined nairaland before many people here. I have even been called a houseboy cheesy . Why do we have the impression that we are more knowledgeable, better, higher or wealthy than the man at the other side? Only last year I met two nairalanders whom I had a high opinion of based on their postings and they were belittling me, but at the end it was like ""oh! I have been wasting my time all the while, I should have just left them to their ideas and the way they see life based on their lack of life experience and exposure"

What more can I say?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
^^^ WORD!
I think for the first time I agree with you. Someone waved at me sometime ago in traffic while I was driving my mum to pick up something @ Lekki Round-about, I didn't recognize the face but I waved back. I later got a PM, the man who waved me was a nairalander that recognized me from my profile picture! I was amazed, the man looked fresh with a very nice SUV. I later found out he was actually in the 'government'. We should respect ourselves here, I am not even 'that old' to be angered by insult *I don't even notice* but I believe respect is give & take thing. Let's make here more habitable for new comers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
SailorXY: ^^^ WORD!
I think for the first time I agree with you. Someone waved at me sometime ago in traffic while I was driving my mum to pick up something @ Lekki Round-about, I didn't recognize the face but I waved back. I later got a PM, the man who waved me was a nairalander that recognized me from my profile picture! I was amazed, the man looked fresh with a very nice SUV. I later found out he was actually in the 'government'. We should respect ourselves here, [size=14pt]I am not even 'that old' to be angered by insult[/size] *I don't even notice* but I believe respect is give & take thing. Let's make here more habitable for new comers.

SHarap there!!! cheesy cheesy

You wey your last born do WAEC this year na him dey claim say he never old :d
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:34am On Jun 27, 2013
Na wah o.
When did this thread become the morals/good behavior forum?
Elampiro is even preaching good manners when he clearly derailed the thread.Instead of accepting his role in the matter and taking responsibility he has suddenly turned to Pope Francis IV.
We were discussing United, from left-field came an article on Tevez to Juventus.
Apparently people do not read the rules placed above the posting field.If that isn't derailing I wonder what now can be termed that.
Funny we have more Ghandis and Mother Theresas preaching peace and leaving the cause of rancour.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:57am On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu:

SHarap there!!! cheesy cheesy

You wey your last born do WAEC this year na him dey claim say he never old :d
Hahahaha no na me be your grandpapa grin last born ko first born ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:51am On Jun 27, 2013
I just pray action takes place soon, this thread is turning to something else. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2013
montelik: I just pray action takes place soon, this thread is turning to something else. grin
Then again,the mod of this section should be called to do his job,or is this how it is in other european football thread?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:24am On Jun 27, 2013
StarBoard: Na wah o.
When did this thread become the morals/good behavior forum?
Elampiro is even preaching good manners when he clearly derailed the thread.Instead of accepting his role in the matter and taking responsibility he has suddenly turned to Pope Francis IV.
We were discussing United, from left-field came an article on Tevez to Juventus.
Apparently people do not read the rules placed above the posting field.If that isn't derailing I wonder what now can be termed that.
Funny we have more Ghandis and Mother Theresas preaching peace and leaving the cause of rancour.

When I first came to this thread, I posted everything about United. But the insult was too much then I left. I came back and we were arguing about Wayne Rooney. I got insulted several times for no just reason, then I realised it was to frustrate me to leave. I decided not to let anyone to bully me. For no reasons people insult and you Starboard was the second person to insult me for arguing about Rooney.

On the issue of derailing thread. I am sure I have posted news about Madrid president on Ronaldo and Bale. I posted about Neyman going to Barca. No one insulted me them or accused me of derailing the thread. It was only when I posted about Super Eagles. I am sure if I posted about Berbatov, you guys wouldn't have complained, but since it's Tevez you guys are angry. Tevez is an ex United player and his news will always be a big news in football. I will also post news about Becham, Cantona, etc when they become good football news. They are ex- United.

Even if a thread is derailed, is it with insults you correct people?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:31am On Jun 27, 2013
Hmmmmmmm!

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Caicedobets(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.