Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,614 members, 7,861,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:45 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8867221 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
elampiro: Pep Guardiola: "I propose that from the next season, Referees for the knockout stages of the Champions League should be from the best leagues - Not from Leagues that have been known to fix matches. You all saw what happened to Manchester United last season against Real Madrid. That was a horrible thing. United deserved to reach the semi- finals at least. They played with their heart. They were unbelievable."
Pep should STFU joor! He suddenly realised Utd was robbed. That nigga should cool it jare!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
Hahahaha still taking swipes at Madrid & Mourinho! Its cool with me tho cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 7:41am On Jun 28, 2013
SailorXY: Any dime we pay on Baines is a total waste! Heck, wetin we wan use am do sef?? Evra is still there, Buttner & Fabio as understudy, the young lads need opportunity like Rafael & Welbeck. Make Moyes take time with that his Everton raid ooo... He dines with kings now, he shouldn't soil their meal undecided
I honestly don't think that guy is better than Evra, the only thing he probably does better is taking set pieces, he is wack at defending, If Buttner can get game time he'll be better. I think Fabio should contest for the right back with his brother, he is more comfortable there, he is just wasting away trying to play left back, he is naturally a right footer(I think) and I believe he is a better player than Rafael. His form at right back during the 2011 season is a testament to that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:46am On Jun 28, 2013
£20m for an okay 28 y/o left back that has plateaued/peaked. Even with Evra's dodgy moments, Baines is not an upgrade defensively. Heinze who was phenomenal, cost about £6m and he was younger.

I said I would prefer signing Baines to Fellaini, but not for anything more than £12m and maybe loaned them Buttner, Henriquez. We can find just as talented left full backs in Ligue 1 for a fraction of that amount.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2013
Left back is not even close to a priority. We should be sorting the thiagos, strootman and another midfield type first.

There will be tears if our midfield remains the same at the start of the season. angry cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2013
Mr_TA: Left back is not even close to a priority. We should be sorting the thiagos, strootman and another midfield type first.

There will be tears if our midfield remains the same at the start of the season. angry cry

Exactly!!!

Strootman and thiago should be the priority. The Ronaldo story for me is still a distraction, but if he returns, CL on my mind!!!

Midfield! Midfield!! Midfield!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by yemmight(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2013
coded guy:

Exactly!!!

Strootman and thiago should be the priority. The Ronaldo story for me is still a distraction, but if he returns, CL on my mind!!!

Midfield! Midfield!! Midfield!!!

I think we are close in signing Strootman before the completion of Thiago according to sport direct this morning. I will be glad if they come through. Meanwhile our long time target, lewandoski has also been the priority of Chelsea now. I hope we can get the guy so that he can re-unite with Kagawa again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 11:43am On Jun 29, 2013
Katangora: I love your faith, which church do you attend? grin
olumba olumba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2013
If Evra really is interested in a return to Monaco, then we should consider a move for Coentrao. He hasn't been too happy at Madrid and will be more concerned now that Jose is gone. He is better than Baines, younger and more proven (Europe and Internationally)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
I actually do not really care who we sign at the moment. I just want to see some activities, dammit! It's becoming frustrating seeing other contenders step up their game in the transfer market.

Again, David Moyes is trying to stamp his authority sooner than I'd expected. He has opted to exchanging a backroom staff that has won several trophies for his own boys who have absoluetly no idea where a trophy cabinet is located.

Maybe am just being paranoid, time will tell.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
There are rumors that Evra may leave; if that is so, Baines isn't a bad option - me, I wouldn't mind having him - at the very least, that guarantees a couple of goals from free-kicks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2013
Screwface: I actually do not really care who we sign at the moment. I just want to see some activities, dammit! It's becoming frustrating seeing other contenders step up their game in the transfer market.

Again, David Moyes is trying to stamp his authority sooner than I'd expected. He has opted to exchanging a backroom staff that has won several trophies for his own boys who have absoluetly no idea where a trophy cabinet is located.

Maybe am just being paranoid, time will tell.
I'm with you on this... & all this Baines clamor sef, English pukes & their overrated celebrities who are far behind technically than even Naija players #mtcheew
Carrol/Young/Gibson**/Walcot/Henderson/Downing/Parker/Ireland**/Baines/Joey Barton/Charlie Adam/Bent/Hart/Heskey/Foster/Agbonlahor/*Wilshere*/ endless list of average players hyped to the heavens
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
Signing Baines doesnt make sense unless Evra is going to Monaco. We just need 3 signings this summer, Kondogbia or Strootman, Thiago and Bale/Ronnie. now thats what i call a perfect summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2013
SailorXY:
I'm with you on this... & all this Baines clamor sef, English pukes & their overrated celebrities who are far behind technically than even Naija players #mtcheew
Carrol/Young/Gibson**/Walcot/Henderson/Downing/Parker/Ireland**/Baines/Joey Barton/Charlie Adam/Bent/Hart/Heskey/Foster/Agbonlahor/*Wilshere*/ endless list of average players hyped to the heavens

WTF are you smoking? Wilshere average? damn it!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2013
slimghost:

WTF are you smoking? Wilshere average? damn it!!!

Well...not exactly an average player. He was still "created" by the British media, only, he lived up to the billing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 30, 2013
SailorXY:
and why isnt cleverley and welbeck on dt list?? Is it cos dey play for us??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:00am On Jun 30, 2013
dademola: and why isnt cleverley and welbeck on dt list?? Is it cos dey play for us??
I can't mention all d average hyped players tho, did you see Young & Gibson? Good. Cleverley & Welbeck habve abilities that goes with the hype. If you watch their respective loan spells, you will agree with me. Welbeck needs to work on his bite in front of goal, but he is definitely a menace to any defence *reference the Madrid & Chelsea games*. Cleverley still struggles with injuries & fitness, same with Anderson, that doesn't mean they are average players...some folks are just not as lucky as others *reference van Persie*. That was why I gave Wilshere ** cuz he definitely has the potential to dominate any midfield but he is yet to get there. Same with *Anderson, Fabio, Sturridge, Smalling, etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 30, 2013
SailorXY:
I can't mention all d average hyped players tho, did you see Young & Gibson? Good. Cleverley & Welbeck habve abilities that goes with the hype. If you watch their respective loan spells, you will agree with me. Welbeck needs to work on his bite in front of goal, but he is definitely a menace to any defence *reference the Madrid & Chelsea games*. Cleverley still struggles with injuries & fitness, same with Anderson, that doesn't mean they are average players...some folks are just not as lucky as others *reference van Persie*. That was why I gave Wilshere ** cuz he definitely has the potential to dominate any midfield but he is yet to get there. Same with *Anderson, Fabio, Sturridge, Smalling, etc
so, u're saying dt welbeck and cleverley dont fall into d category of overhyped english playrs?? Lololol. U make a list of overhyped plyrs, u include hart and walcot, and u exclude welbeck and cleverley?? U say cleverley isnt overhyped? When d british press and even sme pple here hav started mentioning his name in d same sentence as paul scholes, and smeone(elampiro, i think) compared him to xavi?? D same cleverely dat has been sed to be very good, cos he has d highest game/win ratio at man utd?? Welbeck?? D same welbeck cooger was saying is betta dan goetze sme weeks ago?? A striker dt wld alws hav d attribute of "being a menace and a handful", but neva a goalscorer?? Some pple will be like:aha, shebi d gentle giant was like dt too. We obviously see things differently, bro.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 11:46am On Jun 30, 2013
m.goal.com/x/en/news/4083666

Manchester United offer Thiago stunning €7.2m-a-
year contract

The Premier League champions have agreed terms with the Barcelona star after talks with his representatives, and will triple his salary if a move is completed Jun 30, 2013 7:24:00 AM

EXCLUSIVE By Paul Clennam
Manchester United will triple Thiago's salary to €140,000-a-week if the midfielder completes his move from Barcelona this summer. Goal reported on Thursday that the 22-year-old is set for talks with
Camp Nou officials where he will confirm his intention to leave the club after agreeing terms in principle with United. Sources have said that United are confident of completing a €18 million deal for the midfielder despite late interest from Bayern Munich and Barcelona's attempts to keep Thiago at the club after
chairman Sandro Rosell met with his father Mazinho last week. Thiago is on his post-season break and Barcelona officials are said to
have given up hope of convincing the midfielder to stay after he
raised doubts over forthcoming first-team opportunities at Camp
Nou ahead of next summer's World Cup. His current contract runs until 2015 but his exit clause plummeted
from €90 million to €18m after he failed to participate for a stipulated amount of minutes in the 2012-13 season. Speaking in February, the midfielder confirmed he wanted "to get as many minutes as I can" and was disappointed to be a peripheral figure in Barca's midfield behind the likes of Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Cesc Fabregas. However, the buy-out clause is due to return to €90m on August 1
if a deal for him to leave is not completed by then.

The €7.2m wage package prepared by United would see the midfielder's wages tower over those earned by the likes of Phil Jones, Danny Welbeck and Shinji Kagawa, who all earn slightly above €81,000-a-week.
As such, United are keen to push through a cut-price deal for the
22-year-old in the coming weeks, with David Moyes set to officially begin his tenure at Old Trafford on Monday ahead of the first-team squad reporting back for training at Carrington two days later on July 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
Trickbox: The best of 2012/13

Didn't fully realize RVP performed these many skills and flicks during play. cheesy

http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/manutd/Trickbox_best_1213_h2.mp4
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
dademola: so, u're saying dt welbeck and cleverley dont fall into d category of overhyped english playrs?? Lololol. U make a list of overhyped plyrs, u include hart and walcot, and u exclude welbeck and cleverley?? U say cleverley isnt overhyped? When d british press and even sme pple here hav started mentioning his name in d same sentence as paul scholes, and smeone(elampiro, i think) compared him to xavi?? D same cleverely dat has been sed to be very good, cos he has d highest game/win ratio at man utd?? Welbeck?? D same welbeck cooger was saying is betta dan goetze sme weeks ago?? A striker dt wld alws hav d attribute of "being a menace and a handful", but neva a goalscorer?? Some pple will be like:aha, shebi d gentle giant was like dt too. We obviously see things differently, bro.

Yes, I said Cleverly plays like Xavi. That doesn't mean he has attained the same game control as Xavi. He moves the ball, turn and releases quick accurate passes like Xavi. If he keeps moving at same consistency, he will get there. Cleverly also covers so much KM in a match, he runs in all sides of the field and moves releases the ball fast. But the last part of last season his consistency dropped and he could only play one half of a match. Lets see where he goes from there.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
Looks like United are going to up bid for Baines to between 15 and 20m pounds. Can this 28 years old left back be part of our solution?

However, he seems to be far better going forward than Evra. Also he makes fewer mistakes. It also looks he will block the left full back better.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2013
1st July has arrived. Moyes officially resumes duty and his first press conference is 4th of July.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2013
I still want to know, did Rooney request for a transfer? Moyes should start talking straight away and kill all these rumours circulated by papers.

David Moyes has secretly met Wayne Rooney in a bid to persuade the troubled star to stay at Manchester United.

During the hush-hush meeting, Rooney revealed his anger at Alex Ferguson’s claims he had handed in a transfer request.

An insider confirmed: “There is little doubt the new boss wants to keep Wayne. Any suggestions the two don’t get on is complete rubbish. It was an amicable meeting but it gave Wayne the chance to get a lot of things off his chest.

“He’s always denied handing in a transfer request and like all top players, he was upset to be dropped, especially for the Real Madrid match.”

Roo and Moyes intend to meet again this week as the world’s top clubs monitor the situation. (Source: The Sun, Daily Mail)

……………………………….

Barcelona new boy Neymar says it would be "a dream" to play with Wayne Rooney and has urged the Manchester United forward to join him in Spain.

Ahead of the Confederations Cup final, Brazil star Neymar wants Rooney to follow in his footsteps and move to Spanish heavyweights Barcelona this summer.

Neymar said: "The style of football we [Barcelona] play and the level of the players we have - we are the perfect club for the top players to join.

"I have met Wayne on a few occasions and he seems a good guy but importantly, he is one of the players I admire most in the world. Wayne is one of the most gifted and technical players in the world.

"Of course he would improve Barcelona. He would improve any club in Europe. And on a personal level, it would be a dream to play with him." (Source: football365.com)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
The other I was arguing with Coogar, I stated that Giggs and Valencia are more intelligent among the wingers in getting behind a defence line and creating havoc thereof. I watched a lot of clips again now about our wingers. The truth is that none of our wingers can replace Giggs. His speed at what he does, his quickness, his precision of pass and picking his man. Up to last two season he did it, even this last season. In the second part of two seasons ago, he came from the bench to rescue situations in a dramatic fashion. When will United replace him squarely? One match was UCL 2011 quarter final in which United scored three goals and he provided them all. At Stamford Bridge,a magnificent first touch control saw him rounded Bosingwa and got him behind Chelsea defence to deliver a perfect pass to Rooney to score. See link below. Also on youtube.
http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2011/04/06/chelsea-vs-manchester-united-0-1-champions-league-highlights-2011-video/

At Old Trafford he intelligently got behind the defence line again from the right and delivered a perfect telling pass to Chicharito. Then finally he picked JS Park from the middle.

Manchester United 2 Chelsea 1
http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2011/04/12/manchester-united-vs-chelsea-2-1-highlights-champions-league-2011-goals/

Valencia is also capable of a precise cross and pass once he gets behind the defence or out runs them, except for last season. But compare to Giggs, the rest wingers have a long way to go. They should be blamed for SAF keeping Giggs relevant.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
When I mentioned of this Brazilian team playing with so much speed and power, some Bundesliga and Kagawa fans countered me that the indomie team style of play was the idea football. If not for referee leniency or amnesty, Ramos and Abeloa would have been sent off. And Brazil deserve to be at least two goal up by now.

Even if this Brazilian team had lost out in the semi final, I just like their style of football. Look at the strength at which they carry the ball from the centre line to the opponents eighteen. Once they have past you, its bye bye. Like the Super Eagles of Atlanta '96 or USA '94 or Senegalese lions of 2002 world cup that beat France.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:08am On Jul 01, 2013
Finally Pique was sent off. Spain should have three red cards.

I thought they said Neyman and Brazilian players are over hyped. Neyman's real worth should be at least 100 million pounds.

Watching Brazil in this confederation cup makes me think Manchester United aren't buying the right players. Power, sprint and skills. How come all these players escape a team like Manchester United? Can't we look to Brazil for our midfield problems? What a set of players! If only we had Thiago Silva in our team and pair him with Jones. Look at Luis and a goal line clearance of a lifetime. Marcelo is speed, power and tackle. Alves, Hulk, Jadson, Fred, Oscar and magnificent goalkeeping of Ceasar. Oscar appeared to be Brazil worst player if at all there was anything like that because all were magnificent.

My question is how come we don't even have any of these players, not even a Spanish player. Can we take consolation that England got the better of Brazil?

Honestly, the Neyman I saw tonight is better than Messi and Ronaldo. I have never seen Messi or Ronaldo perform for their national team like this. This was a confederation cup of Neyman.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 1:16am On Jul 01, 2013
abeg, where are these man u/english refs? europa finals, champions league finals and now confederation finals. the sins or epl are not coming back to hunt them.
yeye webb and clattenberg have finished their carriers with pea nuts.
shame to english officials.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:18am On Jul 01, 2013
Moyes officially resumes today and the transfer window officially opens, I hope we'll start seeing something real now and less of the rumours. WELCOME TO THE THEATER OF DREAM BOSS.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 01, 2013
elampiro:

Yes, I said Cleverly plays like Xavi. That doesn't mean he has attained the same game control as Xavi. He moves the ball, turn and releases quick accurate passes like Xavi. If he keeps moving at same consistency, he will get there. Cleverly also covers so much KM in a match, he runs in all sides of the field and moves releases the ball fast. But the last part of last season his consistency dropped and he could only play one half of a match. Lets see where he goes from there.
nawa oo. Xavi hernandez, my apologies to u. Cant say more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2013
dademola: nawa oo. Xavi hernandez, my apologies to u. Cant say more.

Even Xavi was once a boy. When Edgar Davids and Luis Enrique were the commander of midfield who knew Xaxi would be this great? We thought midfield ended with Zidane and Scholes. But look at Xavi today with his own style. If not for Ronaldo and Messi, Xavi should have won world best at least once. Cleverly has the potential to also be a general.

@dademola, are you saying Cleverly can never play like Xavi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:56am On Jul 01, 2013
Fergie time is officially over. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Eazeee(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.