Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,037 members, 7,866,925 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2857) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8883463 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2854) (2855) (2856) (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:28am On May 06, 2016
chrisley024:
Of course, a great manager is more important.

Benitez problem was more of mutiny.
I'll rather have the players
and you can look at how we've dominated the English league by almost always having the best team,
or why people don't respect the achievements of Enrique or Pep (I mean no insult Bacra fans). is because of how stack that squad was
in a domestic league situation the team with the best players will win it most times.
we don't have this anymore hopefully it's mismanagement from lvG but some of this player do not inspire any confidence in their ability.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:29am On May 06, 2016
Elxandre:
Kagawa10

Who signed Depay, Schweinsteiger, Falcao, Angel Dimaria, Schneiderlin, Rojo?

Let's start from here.

You must receive deliverance from foolishness today. cool

Kolo Toure stands a better chance of winning next year's ballon d'or bruh!

The Fooolishness has been permanently engrained into his D.N.A and from all indications, it was the only thing he inherited from his late father!

His case is hopeless and pathetic! !
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 11:35am On May 06, 2016
Dadehmola:

Kolo Toure stands a better chance of winning next year's ballon d'or bruh!

The Fooolishness has been permanently engrained into his D.N.A and from all indications, it was the only thing he inherited from his late father!

His case is hopeless and pathetic! !
What a loser! Hiding under people's post like the fucking whoore he is!
It's not even a revelation that your fucking whoore of a father birthed another loser like him!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:49am On May 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

so zidane is a better manager than benitez ?
the coach that Madrid fans never wanted in the first place
a manager is only as good as the talent he manages.
when pool former manager had Suarez and sturridge he was beating the crap out of everybody,one left the other was always injured and they fell back to earth.
he recruited the wrong players and finally exhausted the good will that glorious season bought him.

let me ask you guys this question
who would you rather have a great manager or great players?

I would love to have great players in my team but it takes a very good manager to bring out the best in them.... remember being a manager doesn't just mean setting the right tactics and stuff like that, excellent man management also counts and thats what dealt rafa a serious blow.. R.Madrid wasn't the first team where Rafa f*cked up in his man management skills.. Zizou came in and took advantage of that thereby showcasing his man management skills...

Another good example is leicester, those guys are an average set but Ranieri used his man management skills to make them what they are today, Vardy once racially abused an asian fan which had chances of causing problems in his r/ship with Okazaki, how Ranieri solved that i dont know.. it just shows that his man m/gent skills are good....
There are managers who prove how good they are despite the quality of the team, The same team Fergie used to lift the EPL in 2013 is the same team that finished 7th in 2014 under Moyes... I dislike Mourinho( he's outspoken) but i respect the fact that he's a good manager, he lifted the UCL with Porto and Inter...Lest i forget, Fergie lifted the European Cup with Aberdeen back in 1983 and they beat R.Madrid on their way to victory...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:51am On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

Madrid had been lucky with their draw though against Wolfsburg and City. Even still, Madrid still looked awful in those games and had their galactico players (Ronaldo and Bale) to thank for bailing for bailing their ass out in both games respectively. I won't even say Madrid has been impressive as a team under Zidane, they just have worldclass players capable of turning it on whenever they like.

The world class players should have turned it on when benitez was there undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:05pm On May 06, 2016
SIRcumalot:

I'll rather have the players
and you can look at how we've dominated the English league by almost always having the best team,
or why people don't respect the achievements of Enrique or Pep (I mean no insult Bacra fans). is because of how stack that squad was
in a domestic league situation the team with the best players will win it most times.
we don't have this anymore hopefully it's mismanagement from lvG but some of this player do not inspire any confidence in their ability.
In general case, a great manager is more important. There are numerous examples like Leicester, United under Fergie and under Moyes, Newcastle under Benitez, etc.

Wenger making top 4 with these Leicester players would have been lauded not knowing they under achieved. So a great manager brings out the best in his team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:14pm On May 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

The world class players should have turned it on when benitez was there undecided
That's still doesn't excuse the pathetic awful display of Madrid against Wolfsburg and City. All these happened under Zidane, remember?
Zidane maybe better at motivating players than Benitez but to say the team has been playing consistently well under Zidane is untrue. Also, when a new manager comes in, players who has lost their position nd motivation under previous manager would tend to play out of their skin to impress the new manager as seen in the case of James or even Lallana etc. All na initial gra gra which will tail off eventually.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

You must be blind to not see that leicester has a good players which have been individually fantastic, not just as team. You have Kante carrying the whole of Leicester on his back when Mahrez and Vardy had a little slump. Not to talk of their fullback, Fusch who was acquired together with Kante in the summer and has been purely beyond fantastic.
Mahrez is also another who's magical on his day and has been far consistent more than any winger in the league. Also, Vardy, a pacy fantastic finisher than anyone in our squad.
The truth is Leicester has been individually good, not just as a team. Why do you think the likes of Mahrez, Fusch, Morgan, Vardy and Kante all made it into the pfa shortlist? Even when we won the league under Fergie in his last season, how many of our players made into the pfa shortlist?
Better get off your Lvg hatred and admit that our squad are simply not good enough.

Yea, a squad that had Di Maria and Falcao as their subs... Maybe you're waiting for Messi and Ronaldo to join us before the squad becomes good..... Di Maria was UCL final MOTM, then he came to ManU amd everything scattered... Falcao was a feared striker, then he came to ManU and everything fell apart.... i still wonder if Depay was a really dangerous freekick taker in PSV with the way he plays now.... Schweini despite his age had a place in the Bayern starting 11, then he joined ManU and everything scattered.....
Schneiderlin was a S/hampton backbone, then he joined ManU and we're telling stories..... The truth is LVG doesn't have a good understanding with already made stars, he's more of a Youth Development Headcoach..

Dont tell me that leicester have been individually good, it seems to be b'cos they're playing soccer as a team more or less brothers and Ranieri is playing the fatherly role excellently........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

It's not even a revelation that your fucking whoore of a father birthed another loser like him!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 06, 2016
Nawa for this kagawa10 sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

That's still doesn't excuse the pathetic awful display of Madrid against Wolfsburg and City. All these happened under Zidane, remember?
Zidane maybe better at motivating players than Benitez but to say the team has been playing consistently well under Zidane is untrue. Also, when a new manager comes in, players who has lost their position nd motivation under previous manager would tend to play out of their skin to impress the new manager as seen in the case of James or even Lallana etc. All na initial gra gra which will tail off eventually.

I never said they were playing consistently well ... but they are a better team under Zizou than Benitez, Do you think they'll would have beaten Barca if Benitez was still their coach then Listen, Benitez maybe a better coach than Zizou but Zizou's man management skills have bailed him out .. Benitez poor man management skills cost him the job.
No one gets into a team like R.Madrid and starts having problems with their best player, instead you gel with him so as to use him to maximum effect.. Enrique almost got into a similar problem with Messi, he humbled himself before it was too late and it has produced the dreaded MSN (which are currently covering his silly ass) ......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 12:38pm On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

If only your Mother had listened to her parents and stayed in school, she wouldn't be selling local herbs under Falomo bridge and that one-night-stand she had with that unfortunate cart-pushing father of yours wouldnt have resulted in a miserable, dimwitted charlatan such as yourself in the 1st place!

I logged in here to read insightful and educative analysis on issues concerning the club but alas - you had polluted the thread with the same moronìc and retárded assertions that have continually solidified your position as the
most ídiotic poster in the history of the sports section again & again! Pray tell - are you cursed or what??

It isn't your fault though - na our network providers I blame. If only those free 5mb data no dey follow #100 recharge, you for no dey here dey post incoherent jargons that would eternally serve as an embarasment to your kids (if ofcourse, they aren't as deluded as the lunatic they have as a father).

GTFOH!

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 12:41pm On May 06, 2016
chrisley024:
In general case, a great manager is more important. There are numerous examples like Leicester, United under Fergie and under Moyes, Newcastle under Benitez, etc.

Wenger making top 4 with these Leicester players would have been lauded not knowing they under achieved. So a great manager brings out the best in his team.
Part of what made Fergie a success was the team he built, ages ago.
Scholes, Giggs, Gary Neville were ever present throughout Fergie years and by the time he added Van der sar, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick and Rooney into the squad, Scholes, Giggs and Gary were in their prime to support these players and also, to provide the experience nd winning mentality.
The likes of Evra, Van dersar, Vidic, Ferdinand, Carrick, Rooney later went on to spend about 6-8 yrs under Fergie. Hence, fergie knows almost all the players in and out and definitely wouldn't find it difficult to motivate the players he's known in all his careers. All he needed is to add 1-2 quality/worldclass players like Van Persie, Tevez and even the coming of age of Ronaldo.
That's why many pundit often blame Wenger for letting go his 2004 winning squad. Henry, Cole, Viera etc should had still be there when the likes of Fabregas, Nasri, Van Persie etc were forthcoming. Also, the tendency of having to start another rebuilding process after an important player leaves always had effect on the team.
Don't get me wrong, there are managers capable of motivating players from the start even when they don't know them from any adams but on the other hand they're some who could only do that with a certain winning squad he's built for himself. I think that group is where old chaps like Fergie, Wenger and even LVg belongs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:44pm On May 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

I would love to have great players in my team but it takes a very good manager to bring out the best in them.... remember being a manager doesn't just mean setting the right tactics and stuff like that, excellent man management also counts and thats what dealt rafa a serious blow.. R.Madrid wasn't the first team where Rafa f*cked up in his man management skills.. Zizou came in and took advantage of that thereby showcasing his man management skills...

Another good example is leicester, those guys are an average set but Ranieri used his man management skills to make them what they are today, Vardy once racially abused an asian fan which had chances of causing problems in his r/ship with Okazaki, how Ranieri solved that i dont know.. it just shows that his man m/gent skills are good....
There are managers who prove how good they are despite the quality of the team, The same team Fergie used to lift the EPL in 2013 is the same team that finished 7th in 2014 under Moyes... I dislike Mourinho( he's outspoken) but i respect the fact that he's a good manager, he lifted the UCL with Porto and Inter...Lest i forget, Fergie lifted the European Cup with Aberdeen back in 1983 and they beat R.Madrid on their way to victory...

Majority of the r. Madrid people never wanted the man,
Is Rafa now suddenly a bad coach despite all he has achieved in football?

One will always be more important than the other,IMO is the players
there is a limit to what a great coach can do with a mediocre team but an ordinary manager may win it all with a great squad look at Frank rijkaard (barca) and sven(lazio and England) who both overtime has proven to be ordinary without the abundants of talented they use to possess.
Leicester,porto(ucl) or ATM are all anomalies in football,the players talent is the ultimate decider of who wins at the end, particularly in the domestic league.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:07pm On May 06, 2016
chrisley024:

Fergie always had the best team same with any other legendary manager.

if any manager made top 4 with Leicester that manage should be applauded but circumstances shouldn't be ignored.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:36pm On May 06, 2016
Dadehmola:

If only your Mother had listened to her parents and stayed in school, she wouldn't be selling local herbs under Falomo bridge and that one-night-stand she had with that unfortunate cart-pushing father of yours wouldnt have resulted in a miserable, dimwitted charlatan such as yourself in the 1st place!

I logged in here to read insightful and educative analysis on issues concerning the club but alas - you had polluted the thread with the same moronìc and retárded assertions that have continually solidified your position as the
most ídiotic poster in the history of the sports section again & again! Pray tell - are you cursed or what??

It isn't your fault though - na our network providers I blame. If only those free 5mb data no dey follow #100 recharge, you for no dey here dey post incoherent jargons that would eternally serve as an embarasment to your kids (if ofcourse, they aren't as deluded as the lunatic they have as a father).

GTFOH!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3268729_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 2:09pm On May 06, 2016
I don tire for this kagawa guy. If he was a rival fan, he would have been easier to deal with. But now he's just like a burden we have to put up with.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dongorgon5(m): 2:28pm On May 06, 2016
pelvicky:
how did they beat PSG??

Madrid are not that good
I told you!!!
Real madrid will beat this man city if they should meet 100 time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olabode89(m): 4:47pm On May 06, 2016
GBR1:
I don tire for this kagawa guy. If he was a rival fan, he would have been easier to deal with. But now he's just like a burden we have to put up with.

Lmao... the guy na enigma.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 5:13pm On May 06, 2016
Anybody still arguing with this kagawa dude is also sick in the head. Dude should be permanently ignored. Such an ignorant fellow....knows next to nothing about footie. lol

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 8:41pm On May 06, 2016
How do these grown men stay up all day arguing with a known troll like this, i wonder....i wish i was a mod, i know who i will ban first!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 06, 2016
GBR1:
Na una dey reply am na. If y'all would just ignore, the world would definitely be a better place....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:25pm On May 06, 2016
It is an intriguing argument... Manager vs Players. In the end, nothing beats a 'correct' manager that has the full backing of everyone in everything he or she does.

Rafa vs Zidane shouldn't be yarns na. One is just permanently disliked for God knows whatever reason - but that should not put his talent in question na. Zidane still be rookie, dem go definitely sit am local wen e jam!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BABANGBALI: 10:42pm On May 06, 2016
Dadehmola:

shocked shocked shocked chai omo you baaaaaaaaaaaaad gan ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BABANGBALI: 10:44pm On May 06, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Na una dey reply am na. If y'all would just ignore, the world would definitely be a better place....
seconded
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:03pm On May 06, 2016
Kagawa10:

Maybe you should have also listed Martial, Blind who have been revelation.
Also, I don't see when it has become wrong to take punts on ageing Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Rojo and Darmaian though, only to expect worldclass performance from them. Why do you think Arsenal fans were up in arms against their boards few years ago? Because of their constant taking punts on the likes of Walcott, Meterscker, Denilson, Chamakh etc who are unlikely to guarantee success because you always get some wrong with these kind of punts. They are not guaranteed success.
And apart from the unproven Depay and Di Maria who turned out wrong, Martial has been quite excellent while Schneiderlin on the other hand has been quite good whenever he got deployed as a box-box CM but since Felliani contributes much more in the attack as well as in the defense, then it' necessary that Fellaini plays over him.
If the likes of Herrera/the makeshift Rooney has been a fantastic creative midfielder to begin with, Schneiderlin would have likely be given playing time alongside either of them in the box-box role with Carrick behind them in the holding role. However that's not the case, hence Fellaini is played in order to provide more bite in the attack.
That said, Lvg has only had 2 signings in the midfield which is the main problem of the team. One is a limited but thorough defensive midfielder in Morgan and the other a crocked ageing but experienced midfielder for 8 mil. That's definitely not enough for a coach building a squad.
Depay is an unproven talent?
Top scorer in his league and a world cup star.

Falcao was an ageing player at 29?
Rojo an Argentine international was a gamble?

I'm sure he already concluded Herrera wasn't his man last season, then why didn't he buy the required midfielders to complement Schneiderlin, or would you buy a Desktop PC without a keyboard?

Why should we be sympathetic with him when he clearly wasted money?

Why does Mourinho win the league so quickly in any job he gets?
That's because he doesn't waste money buying a whole team of misfits.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 11:21pm On May 06, 2016
Dongorgon5:
I told you!!!
Real madrid will beat this man city if they should meet 100 time.
Lol..
I dunno what people take Madrid for to have believed city stood a chance.

If city took the game to Madrid and went all out we would have had something like a 5-0 thrashing of city
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2016
If we fail to win today, then the hope of finishing in the top four spot is gone...
Couple of seasons ago, I think 2005 UCL competition, Liverpool won the UCL but didn't finish in the top four spot (I think Everton did) that year Liverpool returned to the UCL as winners and Everton were knocked out by Villareal in the qualification round (Duncan Ferguson had a goal wrongly disallowed)...Fast forward to 2013 where Chelsea won the UCL but finished in 5th position, that year Tottenham finished fourth but lost their spot to Chelsea who were coming in as previous winners...
Now, to last season, Sevilla won the Europa League but didn't finish in the top four in La Liga but they were admitted into the UCL as winners of the Europa League and the fourth place team went into the UCL via the qualifiers...
From the above, in 2005, Everton were allowed to participate in the qualifiers (thus England had a chance of five team represening the EPL had Everton not lost the qualifiers), in 2014 Tottenham were kicked out in favour of Chelsea (England had four teams), in 2016 Valencia were allowed to participate in the qualifiers from where they got into the UCL proper (thus, spain had 5 teams) I am still not sure it's cast in stone that the fourth placed team will go into the qualifiers should Liverpool or Sevilla win the Europa league...Any body with enough info should please bring it up...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:01am On May 07, 2016
Of course, the top 4 teams including the winner of Europa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:12am On May 07, 2016
The major problem of LVG IMO is tinkering with the team. He tinkers a lot. Ranieri barely tinkered with his team and it worked out eventually.

Regarding Madrid ish, Zidane is a legend(loved Perez and the fans). I doubt any player in the squad wld wanna fvck with him regardless of your ego (he got his too anyways). Benitez was never loved in Madrid since the days he was a Valencia coach just the way he wasn't loved at Chelsea cos of the rivalry between then and Liverpool while he was at the helm. He denied them two UCLs.

The players put their all to play for Zidane compared to Benitez who could bench James even if he's unfit while Zizou does that however he likes and Perez will keep shut despite the love he has for him.

So all in all. Zidane can't be compared to Benitez at all. They are miles apart. Zizou could have a better man management tho but it's easier for him in Madrid cos he their legend

(1) (2) (3) ... (2854) (2855) (2856) (2857) (2858) (2859) (2860) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.